July 31, 2014 | 1666 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by halliesayshey

I bought Cupcake face mask simply because they were sold out of Catastrophe Cosmetic, a mask I had tried once before and loved. Thinking back, I have no idea why I bought Cupcake because my skin had been clear for a few months, so I didn't really need a face mask targeted for acne prone skin. I bought it anyways and as soon as I started using it I noticed that I was breaking out! Mostly little bumps, but also one big pimple on my cheek! The only reason I didn't give it 1 lippy was because I like the smell, but other than that, I will not be repurchasing this product. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favourite Lush mask. I cannot believe how amazing my skin felt after this. Usually I tend to react to strong masks, and as this sat on my face I got nervous, as I could really sense it doing something rather than sitting there. But when it came off, oh my gosh. Heaven. My acne was calmed (it has been quite bad). The next day, my skin felt amazing. My make up went on smoothly, it felt the best it has in months. I felt like the redness had dulled and just generally my skin felt amazing. The scent of this isn't for me - I don't think it smells that great, it probably bothered me more than Cosmetic Warrior (which has egg and garlic in for goodness sake). But some people love it. I have previously had reactions to some lush masks, so was recommended a few for more sensitive skin. I was given this as a sample from the lovely girl at Lush, and I will finish it and go and buy a whole tub. The only thing that has worked for me lately, despite all different kinds of doctor prescribed treatments and antibiotics. In combination, I feel like I will make progress on my angry skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Vicy

I heard this was really good for deep cleasing. what i expected was clearing up my pores and no more blackheads!
I used it for the first time, no effect. two days later, breakouts!
and I used it again! more acnes and pimples. :(

Probably of my skin type, it's more of a combination skin!
I will try the other products next time

-19-5 Updates
Well, after using the whole tub. Yes A lot of breakouts but after i stopped using and the breakouts clear up. wow. my skin looks so much better :D. Probably It helps to pull out everything follows by crazy breakout and you get smooth skin :) So just don't use it before an important date. Use it more like a weekly deep cleansing if you do makeup often :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by papierflora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Cupcake is not really nice smelling…And though it cleanses really well, I feel that it does nothing much for my spots. 10 minutes worth of waiting time is rather convenient for me as compared to those sheet masks which need to be left on for 20 to 30 minutes. Yet, for $24 per tub that could only last for a month at most, I feel that this is really pricey. I use Cupcake every other day, and it only brightens my complexion a little while leaving it really clean. That's about it. There is an 80% that I would not repurchase Cupcake mask. I somehow feel that I seem to breakout even more after using this. I'm only left with at most 3 uses so I'm going to finish it up for the sake of using it up.

It is a hassle to use this mask because I have to use a disposable utensil to scoop this out of the pot and make sure my fingers do not contaminate it. Again, this mask does not make a difference to my complexion, which is why I'm grouchy right now.

I might try Cosmetic Repair from Lush. Or not buy any masks from Lush again. Somehow the Lush SAs in Singapore are really pushy and irritating. I feel that I might just settle for the latter because I'm really sad of Lush masks aggravating my breakouts which were already moderately severe to begin with.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by caileybeth

Worked a treat and smelled like one too! Found application and washing off very easy, smoothed out all my bumps and minimized the appearance of my blackheads. Good for use at the start of the day as it will make the surface of your face look flawless before makeup application.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by H3LL00

Before you buy this, it will not get rid of your acne/zits..it just smoothes your skin..it works really weell for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Ragw33d

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Everyone says this but, it really does smell amazing. If you put this on your face i the morning, you'll smell faintly off chocolate and mint all day! I alternate between this and cosmetic warrior for a couple reasons.
#1 My skin adapts too well to just use one kind of product.
#2 I like to switch it up.
#3 Cupcake smells amazing, but cosmetic warrior works a lot better. =(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by briano1092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I used up a pot of Cupcake Mask so I guess this is the right time for me to review this.
I personally want to love this mask so bad but I just can't. The smell of this mask is delicious. It smells like chocolate and I really love it (even though I don't like chocolate, I still like smelling it). However, this mask does nothing to my skin. I have acne prone/oily skin and I break out very easily and I hope this mask can control the break out as it claims to do so. So today I decided to use my last application of this mask because I am breaking out horribly due to eating too much ice cream (dairy breaks me out badly). But unfortunately, after I use this mask, I still feel sore on my pimples and the redness is not gone. Therefore, I will not repurchase this mask but I still want to try other masks of LUSH because I've been addicted to LUSH lately :D

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Lisah4907

I made sure to check out the reviews of this product on MUA before actually going out and buying it and I am so glad that I did!!!

I purchased a pot this morning and have tried it for the first time this evening. I applied it using the back of a cold spoon (I worry about bacteria as I have very oily, acne prone skin) and I am loving it so far.

The smell is gorgeous (I like it but others may not!) and my skin was left feeling super soft and shine free afterwards. The mask is relatively inexpensive to purchase at under £6 and I was told that if you take back 5 empty pots (must be clean) you will get a free face mask! Bonus :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lauralovesjazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this for breakout weeks! It smells like you should eat it and, as someone with mildly cystic acne and lost of black/white heads, this does WONDERS for my skin. I can't say enough good things about this. The only sad thing about all LUSH masks is that I never finish them before they expire. :(