September 19, 2014 | 1907 users online

Skincare - Face - Philosophy - Help Me

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Sunbabe684

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really, REALLY wanted to love this product. I'm a big fan of Philosophy (especially the booster C powder, the purity face wash, and the daily serum), so I broke down and shelled out the money for this. I have generally pretty skin and I hardly ever have acne, but the pores on my nose are so huge they can be seen from space, which means MAJOR nose blackheads. I've heard the "C in the morning, A at night" mantra over and over, and hoped that this would work wonders. I tried it, and had pimples within the first week. I gave it 2 months to see if my skin would get used to it, but it didn't, and I had acne for some really important interviews. Maybe it's just too strong for me? Sephora let me exchange it for another bottle of the serum, and my skin's been beautiful ever since.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Sundaes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my first Philosophy product I've used and I like it a lot. I have oily acne-prone skin and have a few scars on my cheeks and chin. I originally wanted to get the Alpha Beta Hydroxy pads from but MD Skincare but they were just too expensive. I read the book, Skin Type Solution, and it recommended this product for my skin. It was a little less expensive than the others so I went for it. I've been using this for about a month now and I do see some improvement in my scaring. What I notice most is my overall skin condition. My poors are much less visible, my skin has a healthy glow to it and my pimples are almost non existent and if I do get one it's gone in a day or two rather than a week or two. I really enjoy this stuff. I sometimes get a slight tingling but for the most part I don't. I have sensitive skin also so I really like it because it doesn't irritate my skin. Some people have said it's drying but I haven't experienced that. It seems almost moisturizing to me. I will definitely repurchase this again just as a part of my daily skin care regimen but for my scarring I want something a little more intense.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Ophelia4469

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily-acne prone skin. I tend to break out when it is that time of the month and when I am stressed out and when I am not taking care of my face. When used right my skin does not break out often and is soft and smooth.

This has been a life saver! I have noticed it really helps with acne, scars, oil, clarity, and I think it helped with my skin tags since they virtually gone! I use it in combination of the Advanced Makeup Optional kit. I'll give in an update in a week as I'm just back to taking care of myself the way I should be. LOVE IT!

I use the following products:

AM:

Help Me
Hope In a Jar
Make Up:

Murad Hybrids™ Skin Perfecting Primer Matte Finish
Mat Velvet (Make Up Forever)
HD powder (Make Up Forever)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I did a lot of research before commiting to this. It is an expensive product but in comparison with what is in the market, it is well worth it. I have been using this for a week and I have noticed a lot of improvement in my skin texture and tone. The old acne scars exposed to the sun have faded substantially. My pores are much smaller than before. My skin is soft and more moist than before. My face also looks plump. I do not have much of deep wrinkle problem because I used to use Alpha Hydroxy. This however is much more effective than Alpha Hydroxy because my very fine lines are completely gone. I also notice that my skin looks much more hydrated. Last but not least, my skin used to act very oily but after started using this, my skin is more balanced-

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by JessicaCP

Awesome product. It's the only retanoid product I have used that can actually be put near my lips/corners of mouth and nose and not dry and blister up horribly. Been using it for about 3 weeks now and my blemishes have dramatically reduced, my skin feels soft and I'm glowing in the morning. Extremely impressed. Will buy again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by coachkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have had fairly nice skin all of my life and once I got in my late 20s things started to change. My pores became dialated (especially by my cheeks), I lost a lot of radience in my skin, and I started to get terrible ance on my chin & forehead. I was at a loss of what to do and after reading up on retinol I decided to try Philosophy's Help Me.

I purchased the small set with purity, WHINE serum, & hope in a jar spf 20. I followed the directions on the box and used Help Me only at night without using a moisturizer. This made my normally oily to combination skin EXTREMELY dry and I started to get terrible dry spots all over my face and neck. I stronly recommend that you use this with a moisturizer about 5 minutes after you apply help me.

It took a few days for the dry spots to clear up and then it has been nothing but great results. This product isn't going to give you poreless, perfect skin but it does make my skin look much better. My pores look tighter and not so open. I have the glow back in my face and my face looks & feels firmer. It has also really helped with my acne and my acne scars.

I can't say enough good things about this product and I plan to continue using it as long as it is available. I realize it might not work for everyone but it has worked wonders for me. I am a true believer in Philosophy help me and their entire skincare line. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Lila2004

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this product - skin is clearer, pores smaller and cleaner, skin tone is more even. For reference, am ORPW according to Dr Baumann's skin types, tending to OSPW. Have not experienced any irritation with this. Price is a little expensive in Australian, and I wish it came in an airless pump rather than the metal tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by valigrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am now on my second tube! This product is wonderful and magical. My skin is smoother, more even toned, and yes... the zits are disappearing.

It is a little expensive, but worth it IMO. The packaging is nice and simple.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by jodi0829

LOVE! I did a lot of research prior to purchasing as my skin in sensitive and can dry easily. I was looking for something to prevent those early wrinkles as well as help with acne. At first it seemed to make it worse, but I think it was bringing impurities to the surface. About 3 weeks in, I began to see the difference. My skin looks awesome, soft, revitalized and acne free. I do have to apply moisturizer after the cream at night, but haven't had any drying issues. If I feel my skin becoming 'tight', I take a night off. Will def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Lbeal77

I had given up on finding a topical cream to help with my 15 year struggle with acne (deep cysts were my biggest problem). I swear, in one night, this product calmed my acne and began to clear my skin in ways I didn't think possible. I surprised to see some negative reviews on here because this is the single most helpful product I've ever purchased. It also very visibly helped with aging. I only wish it were cheaper. However, it saves me a ton of time and effort I used to have to expend in dealing with zits on my face.

Maybe it's because my skin is combination to begin with but it has never dried out my face and in fact, at night I don't use a moisturizer over it because I can tell I don't need one- no drying.

I've been using it now for about 2-3 weeks and I still look in the mirror and admire my skin. I have gotten 2 zits while using this and they cleared up SO FAST. Before using this, I would break out almost everyday with a new zit- but not anymore!