April 20, 2014 | 1494 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Instant Cuticle Remover

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good product that gets the job done. My only issue with it is that if I leave it on longer (30 sec or more), it starts to dry and becomes hard to work with. So I use it a few seconds after putting it on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover is basically a cuticle softening gel. The instructions say that it dissolves dry cuticles in 15 seconds and for callused skin you may leave it on for as much as one minute and then wash off and push back cuticles with a cuticle pusher. I have been using this product for about nine months and have to say that I don't notice much difference between this and straight old soaking in soap and water to soften the cuticles. This product basically does the same thing. However, soaking takes longer and this actually does work quickly. Therefore, I would buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by northernbird

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had a really bad experience with this product, similar to that reported by some of the other reviewers, the "Instant Cuticle Remover" peels off the top layers of the nails and burns. My nails and cuticles were healthy prior to using this (I never cut my cuticles). I'm going to look into natural alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by ctlee420

I loved this!! My cuticles are always dry and it always makes my nails look like crap! I've tried cuticle scrapers and pushers but no matter what my cuticles always end up looking like a mess. This stuff dissolves your cuticles in 15 seconds, doesn't leave any dry or dead skin and makes your nails look sooo much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by gboneske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a dirt cheap cuticle remover that does it job. I leave it on about 60 seconds and then push my cuticles back and wipe it off. I follow this up with VitaSurge Cuticle Gel from SH - and then moisturize. I have really noticed a difference since I stopped nipping my cuticles.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is absolutely essential for nice looking nails without going to the salon. Like others, I recommend leaving it on longer than 15 seconds, especially on my horrible cuticles. It works so well! It makes cuticles much softer and therefore easier to push back. It also gets rid of scraggly bits and dead skin. I've used other cuticle removers, but this one is definitely the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by princess101

Great product--does its intended job in a short amount of time with little to no effort at all. Small amounts of product come out at a time and there is never any waste. I use such a small amount on all of my fingers that I can't see having to re-purchase this for a very long time.

Price paid was $7.99 CDN at Walmart Canada.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I love this product for my cuticles - I leave it on for just a minute and then use a cuticle pusher to remove the cuticles. They I wash my hands because if you leave it on for too long it will burn. This is wonderful for removing cuticles and softening them. I also use it underneath the nail to remove the dirt/skin/etc under there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Not only did this make my cuticles look fantastic but I used it under my nails too. Putting this underneath nails makes it easier to get the junk out. I haven't had my nails look this white in a while!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by gorhamd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence about this one. It is very easy to use, but it dries out my cuticles! Periodically I'll take it out of the drawer and use it, hoping that it will work. My cuticles look better right after I use it, but about an hour later they're dry and ragged. I've even tried putting a very thick hand cream on right after use, and it doesn't help. I have better results by just pushing my cuticles back after washing my hands, then putting on hand cream.