Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover

4.1

Water, Potassium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (Licorice Root)

on 9/10/2011 9:06:00 PM

My absolute HG! I think it's one of these products that if discontinued, I'd start sending hate mail to SH. I started using ICR a couple of years ago and it's changed my manicure entirely. I cut my cuticles on a regular basis for the past 20 years and I'm therefore seriously practiced in it, but this is the first time ever I can do it in HALF the time! It literally halved my manicure time and also helped extend the time between manicures.
I file my nails, soak them in warm soapy water for about 1 min and then apply SH ICR, wait for about half a minute and clean around the nail bed with a manicure stick (I never push the cuticles back, never) After soaking my nails for a further 3-4 minutes, I trim the cuticles. It has been so much easier and quicker.
I notice that the cuticles grow back much smoother and also somehow slower.
I always keep a good stock of it because I'm paranoid about running out of it and finding that it's discontinued. This is the only cuticle remover I've used that actually works and the bottle lasts well over a year, although I use it every week and for my pedicure as well.

on 9/3/2011 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I absolutely love this product. I used to cut my cuticles, and every time they would grow back looking more horrible than before. I use this on my cuticles and also under the free edge of my nails. It makes my cuticles look nice and neat and removes the skin that sometimes grows up under the edges of my nails. This also works wonders on my toes. They look nice again!

on 8/23/2011 2:08:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I do my own mani-pedi and this is a staple product for me. It does the job perfectly! You don't need to use much, a little bit goes a long way. Def repurchase!

on 8/8/2011 11:48:00 AM

This is a great product and dissolves cuticles and dead skin immediately. I also use it on my heels before a self-pedi ;-)

Excellent product! It does indeed remove cuticles instantly like it claims. I was especially surprised to see how effectively the dead skin and cuticles on my feet was removed so effortlessly. Go and get this, if you don't want to spend more time on a manicure/pedicure than necessary.

on 7/27/2011 9:49:00 PM

I am very pleased with this product. My cuticles have never looked better. This completely removes all of my cuticles and makes my manicures look great.

on 7/25/2011 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The instructions say to leave the product on cuticles for 15 seconds, but I have found that I need to leave it on for about 30 seconds. I use a toothbrush to scrub the cuticle remover into my cuticles after the 30 seconds have passed, and I find that helps with the exfoliation as well. This product does do what the company claims -- it removes excess, dry cuticles, but it does not do it in the 15 seconds for me. I also use this in conjunction with OPI Avoplex Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment once a week, which I have found to be the perfect combo for me to have nice looking nails. I would recommend this product on its own to others, and I will definitely repurchase.

on 7/19/2011 9:24:00 PM

I would not recommend this to anyone! I was in Walmart one day and I was looking at cuticle remover creams when this lady walked up and started raving about how much she loved this stuff. So I decided to try it, I mean if your in a store and someone recommends something your kinda like okay. It was good the first time I used it. After that it seemed like every time there after my nails started to peel and not just a little peel! They would peel so bad that I couldn't paint my nails at all!! I hate this stuff I will never buy it again!

on 7/19/2011 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I finally found out what was making my nails peel and break more often - Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover! I had heard that the basecoat I was using could cause this so I stopped using it for a couple months and my nails never got better. I used to use this cuticle remover regularly but it seemed like my cuticles were getting dried out so I haven't been using it very often. My nail peeling had been getting better, but I couldn't figure out why. Yesterday my cuticles were a little stained up from dark blue nail polish so I used the cuticle remover for the first time in weeks. Well low and behold when I removed my nail polish today I had really bad peelies again, right next to my cuticle, shaped like a U (like my cuticles). The rest of my nails were fine, just peeling around my cuticles. I'm so glad I finally figured this out!

I tried using this like the directions but it just seemed to make my cuticles more raggedy looking. The only way I got good results is to soak my hands in warm soapy water for a few minutes until my skin is softened, dry hands and apply cuticle remover, after about 20 seconds it starts looking cloudy I'd gently push back my cuticles with a orangewood stick, wait about 20 more seconds and then use the edge of the cuticle stick to gently scrape the dead skin and cuticle remover off my cuticles. Wash thoroughly with soap and water for a minute. Apply a thick cream afterwards. This really does get rid of dead skin and any polish stains, but it really dries out your cuticles. Even with regular moisturizing I notice about 3 days after use my cuticles look really dry.

Although this is better for your cuticles than cutting, I really think it's better to just regularly push back your cuticles after a bath or shower and use lotion all the time to get nice cuticles.

on 7/19/2011 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is the best cuticle remover that Sally Hansen makes. I have horrible, dry, ragged cuticles, and this takes care of them! I use a plastic cuticle pusher I've had for years, and in no time they are gone!

Popular Treatments