April 18, 2014 | 1053 users online

Skincare - Body - Bio Oil - All Products

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by LilyofVenus

This oil is really good for facial massage - it isnt too greasy and it absorbs quite well, as long as you dont use too much. If you have oily skin it might not work well under make up but not too many people use oil as a daily moisturiser anyway.
Not sure how this works on stretchmarks as I havent used it for that, but it absorbs really well into the skin on my body and it doesnt smell too bad either

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Thao0226

I'm pregnant and wanted to prevent stretchmarks. At this point, I'm only 14 weeks so I haven't stretched out anyway, but bio oil smells soooooo bad that I dread using this every time. I cannot, cannot, cannot imagine why anyone would want to smell like bio oil. It smells like (please forgive me) older people, or like, grandma's perfume, maybe even grandma's house, that kind of thing. All I know is I am too embarrassed to smell like bio oil out of the house, so rest assured I am not using it as much as I should. The smell LINGERS and sticks to your clothes. So I put it on at night (I have to use up this huge bottle!) and put whatever I had on that night into the laundry.

Is it helping with stretch marks? Who knows. I used some on my thigh stretchmarks and I couldn't tell just yet. It smells so awful that I'd prefer stretchmarks if this were my only option.

Also, dont use this on your face, they claim it's safe to but it will break you out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Jeskanicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love bio oil. most people don't understand that you're going to have to go threw at least 2 small bottles to get results. I have been using this for a really long time on my stretch marks and they are gone! we'll not completely but they used to be really dark and now you have to get up close to my skin in the right lighting to see the stretch marks so i would say this product did the job. I only wish it came with a pump because i usually when i pour it, too much comes out. that's my only complaint other then that is pretty amazing

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by melaphant333

I was really excited when I got this because my skin is VERY prone to stretch marks and scarring. I've always struggled with stretch marks on my butt, thighs, and breasts even though i've never been over weight, had children, or had any crazy growth spurts (usual causes). So when I saw commercials for this product I was quite interested. I'm almost through the entire bottle, and I have had NO results :( . I use it everytime I get out of the shower and it has really done nothing for me. If you have stretch mark - prone skin, don't get your hopes up too high for this product. It did keep me moisturized though. Also if anyone knows of a miracle stretch mark product please share your secrets!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this on my face after viewing vids on youtube where pple swore that this worked. I must admit that it does. I was surprised that an oil was capable of absorbing into the skin without being greasy. I use it under my makeup everyday and I do not notice any additional oiliness. I did notice the lightening of acne scars which was the purpose of the purchase. I have also noticed a reduction in breakouts as well. I never had an acne problem but there was the ocassional breakout...but I honestly cannot recall that last time I had a pimple.

This may not work for some but it has for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by cchun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely dry skin in the winter, and this oil has helped so much! I get breakouts since my skin can get so dry, and this helps moisturize my skin and KEEPS it moisturized throughout the day. I also have terrible acne scars and after using this everyday the scars have faded a little. It's not a dramatic change, but my skin tone looks more even. I used to have to cover up my flaws and blemishes with a lot of foundation which I didn't like, but ever since I started using this I haven't had to use foundation as much, just some concealer on occasion. I definitely recommend giving it a try yourself, since it seems to work differently for different people. It also smells great, which is a plus!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have not noticed any miracles, but being Bio Oil contains some beneficial oils like Calendula, Lavender, Rosemary, and Chamomile, I will continue to use it. It does contain Mineral Oil, but that does not bother my skin, and is also an ingredient in my beloved Clinique DDML. Oh, it smells divine if I must say so myself, and seems to attract my husband from afar. Full ingredient list:

Botanicals:

Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil)
Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil)
Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil)
Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil)
Vitamins

Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A)
Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
Oil base

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum)
Triisononanoin

Linalool
Color (Orange)

D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by TickTockAlice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Okay, since Im reading so many negative reviews on here, I felt I needed to write a review about MY experience with this product. I have been buying this stuff for a few years at this point. I buy it for a number of reasons, but the first and primary reason Is that it has made a SIGNIFICANT difference in my expression lines. The first time I bought it, I used it nightly on my face and neck and noticed a dramatic difference it the texture of my skin. My expression lines were almost completely unnoticeable in two weeks (no joke) and my face felt super soft and moisturized.

While using it, it actually made my pores tighter and I typically have large pores that are really susceptible to clogging and blackheads.

I started using it on a scar on my knee that I've had since I was a kid, and its no longer noticeable. I can see where it was because its my body and my scar, but I showed my mom and she couldn't see it at all, so then she went and bought a bottle for herself lol.

This product is an oil so it's going to feel like an oil. I only use it at night if Im applying to my face and neck, using The LEAST amount of product that will sufficiently cover my face and neck...only adding more product if needed. If you use too much (which is easy to do) you'll look like a giant grease ball and you may freak out. I've found that it works best when it can fully absorb into your skin overnight. Using before any kind of makeup application is just absurd. It won't be a good outcome... I can tell you that lol.
However, the result upon waking up is soft, moisturized, glowy skin that isn't greasy or oily at all.

When I was applying it to my scar, I applied it twice a day. Once after showering in the morning and again before bed.

The smallest bottle, which I think is 2oz. lasts me forever, seriously. I actually just bought a new one last night at Walgreens for $12.99. I lost my other bottle while moving, but I had maybe a quarter of a bottle left and I had had that bottle for close to a year. Of course it will differ by person and by use.

Another thing is that I don't use it religiously constantly. Meaning, I'll use it when my skin is feeling dry, patchy, and uneven, but I won't use it when my skin is feeling oily on its own due to hormones or the weather. Some nights I just need more moisturizing than others.

All in all, this is one of my fave products. I prefer it over Strivectin, even. Strivectin seems to leave my skin much greasier than Bio Oil and causes some white heads. I have had more significant results with my wrinkles using Bio Oil than I ever have with Strivectin. Plus, its dirt cheap compared to the cost of Strivectin!

I recommend trying this out. It may not work for you or your skin, or you may be pleasantly surprised. I was.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I love the smell of this product except it gave me an alergic reaction.

After my first application, my entire face especially my eyelids were swollen. I thought maybe I'd just had a bad night so used it again the next night and my eye lids are red, sore and crepy.

Can't put it on at all without my whole face burning. I went to the doctors and got on some anti allergetic medicine. Make sure you don't have bad allergies to anything could be in this before you put it on! I am not allergic to anything that I know of so this was super odd.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by anniebyrne94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product and while it is very expensive (in my opinion), a little really does go a long way!

I use one or two drops of this every night after I take off my make-up and massage it into my face and neck. After only a few days of use on my face I noticed a difference, especially with regard to discolouration and skin softness. Also, I felt like it made my face more 'radiant' and a beautiful even glow (but in NO way oily).

I also wanted to mention that, with prolonged use, this does reduce the appearance of stretch marks. I had awful stretch marks around my body from puberty and my mother gave me this to use when I was about 14. I have to admit, it did take months, or even years, of regular use but eventually almost all of my stretch marks disappeared completely!

I highly, highly recommend this product to reduce the appearance of stretch marks, although, I doubt it has the ability to completely remove scars as it hasn't worked that kind of magic on me yet! Overall, excellent product with many uses.

:-)