Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

on 5/15/2012 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I so love this trio. It's a classic that I always have in my collection. It's perfect for a go to everyday look when you don't wanna think about it. It works for everything. And I especially love the highlight color. Its not frosty, just this beautiful glow. Everyone should have this set in their arsenal of makeup.

on 5/15/2012 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow. I remember this trio being one of the first one I have ever owned, like 12 years ago, and here I am, buying it again!

After years of buying all kinds of crazy unflattering colors, I am back to neutrals and I realise that i don,t actually need 15 different colors: I am not a make up artist. And between you and me: i can barely differentiate between this or that shade of beige/brown/neutral.

All that being said: this little CG trio is perfect for my needs: I want my eyes to look less tired and subtly defined, without the makeup overpowering my face. These colors do just that. Of course, the color payoff is not amazing, but it is still great for 7,00$CDN. This trio is perfect for everyday.

on 5/1/2012 5:42:00 PM

About 20 years ago, I believe this trio was one of the staple items in my makeup. I knew nothing about high-end shadows and wouldn't have been able to afford them anyway. I absolutely love the colors in this trio. They are pretty and classy, and totally appropriate for work, interviews, and weekends. They have a slight amount of shimmer without being glittery (a no-no in my book). The pigmentation isn't very good, which is why I gave it 3 lippies. I find, however, that I can use the lid and crease color just fine and supplement the crease with a darker shade of brown and it works out just fine. Today I used Swiss Chocolate by MAC in the crease. Staying power is good. I also like the brow highlight color very much, and find its iridescent properties really intriguing in certain lights.

At $5 and change, you really can't go wrong with this trio. It's not high-end but it will do the trick on those days when I want a neutral look. It's hard not to fall in love with the colors and wax nostalgic for my early makeup days. It's also small enough that it's easy to carry in my makeup bag, and having it with me for touch ups during the day is good. Just toss the sponge applicator immediately upon first opening the container, and get your good makeup brushes out for this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I've just recently bought this, even though I people have been raving about this product for a really long time now and I now know why. It has three gorgeous neutral and wearable shadows, perfect on its own and together for an everyday school or work appropriate look. The texture is very creamy and buttery, though I would much prefer WnW's Walking on Eggshells in terms of texture, but the finish of this, I find is better because it's goof proof (unlike the WnW where you would have to apply a really small amount and blend it well so that it doesn't look to frosty). The lasting power I'm not quite sure of because I've only used it for a couple of hours with UDPP and not by itself, but for the price, I highly recommend it especially for those who are looking for a basic trio you can use everyday.

on 2/20/2012 10:49:00 PM

Love this eyeshadow trio. Its quite cheap but looks great if you don't want an out there look. They have a very pretty shimmer to them and are super easy to use, just a little difficult to blend smoothly. They aren't super pigmented either but better than many drugstore eyeshadows ive tried.

on 1/27/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I never wear this. I bought because I read these reviews... and I never wear it.

on 1/27/2012 8:19:00 PM

The colors aren't pigmented. I would use a pretty dense brush when using these, if you want to get color. These are also quite shimmery. I actually see this more as a highlighting palette. I find that these shadows are hard to blend. It takes more effort than the next regular eyeshadow.

on 1/25/2012 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my second favorite powdered eye shadow.
The colors compliment my dark hair and skin color.
I use the darker brown on the outer half of my eyelid, and then use the shimmery light brown on the inner half of my eyelid.
Lastly, I use a small cosmetic brush and use the lightest color for under the eyebrow.
If these colors came as loose eye shadow, they could very well be my favorite eye shadow.

on 1/23/2012 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my go to eye shadow palette it's gorgeous I started using this in high school it's great for an everyday look and super cheap it's gorgeous neutral colors this is a must and needs to be in everyones make up collection . This is a great cheap gem :) u must pick it up my favorite Drugstore eyeshadow great value!

on 1/13/2012 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love the colours in this, this is perfect for someone just starting out with makeup or a seasoned makeup user, either way you'll definitely enjoy it I think. They're all shimmery so I wouldn't recommend it to older women.

Very affordable, good quality, good pigmentation, all the shadows you need for an everyday eye look.

Video Reviews & Tutorials