July 31, 2014 | 1228 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by MACdoll89

This is my go to eye shadow palette it's gorgeous I started using this in high school it's great for an everyday look and super cheap it's gorgeous neutral colors this is a must and needs to be in everyones make up collection . This is a great cheap gem :) u must pick it up my favorite Drugstore eyeshadow great value!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by xwhereswaldo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love the colours in this, this is perfect for someone just starting out with makeup or a seasoned makeup user, either way you'll definitely enjoy it I think. They're all shimmery so I wouldn't recommend it to older women.

Very affordable, good quality, good pigmentation, all the shadows you need for an everyday eye look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by GoldTeef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this just about every day. I'm not very exciting when it comes to makeup-- I just go for a light, neutral shimmery eye and I'm good to go. I wear the middle color and the highlight the most often, and use the darker color when I want to be a little bit more jazzy. The colors are great worn alone or together, and you never look overdone. As others have said, the middle color should be sold separately, but it's not that big of a deal as the trio only costs a couple bucks. The one drawback is that the packaging isn't of the best quality-- the little eyeshadow tin things will fall out occasionally, and the lid of mine broke off so I have to snap it on and off when I use it now. But, hey, it's a small price to pay.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Cho1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I wish they would sell the middle color as a single also, that's always the one I end up running out of first, it's a shame to buy a whole new compact for one color. Either way, good stuff, I have been buying this since 2005, I don't wear it all the time, but whenever I do, I get reminded how awesome it is, haha. Good stuff to have around.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by apsiepoodles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my old standby that I have used for over 10 years. I have high end eye shadow also, but this is truly a drugstore gem. It is a perfect shimmering neutral palette which lasts even without any primer. It is quick and easy to apply and I have never had a problem with fallout or crumbling. It is a very natural yet shimmery look and it looks great with any color eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good for a neutral eye that's very simple. However, it took a few times for get good payoff. The dark brown is still not very pigmented. However, I like to use this for a soft, everyday eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

This has been a favorite trio of mine for a long time. I have hit pan 3 times on this. I don't get the reviews complaining about the shimmer, if you don't like shimmer, why try something with the name Shimmering Sands.

These are very wearable neutral shades. You can use these for both work or a night out. I feel like Cover Girl has improved the quality of the shadows over the years. This is one product that I reach for frequently and will continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by anonymousme1028

I really want to like this eyeshadow, but it's not stunning me. I like the lightest shade for the inner corner, but the other two don't show up that well. Not because of the pigmentation- the darker colors are just really close to my natural skin tone. I'm dissapointed- I really wanted to love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

You can pick up Shimmering Sands in Target for under 5 dollars.

Three gorgeous neutral shades.... a beautiful cream/pinkish shade for your highlight, a light taupe for the lid and a darker taupe for the crease.... has enough pigment for my NW20 skin tone ~ shimmery ~ long lasting ~ easy to blend ~ goof proof.... if you have zero experience with eye makeup you will love this little palette, there is no way that you can mess it up because these shadows practically blend themselves... all you need to know is to put the lightest shade on your brow bone, the middle taupe shade on your lid, the dark taupe in your crease (and just use the applicator that they provide for you, I've been using them for years and they work just fine), then add some mascara and you will have a polished and sophisticated eye look. A must have for all beginners and if your not a beginner it's a must have for you too! :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by polkadotxo994

This is so beautiful! Its shimmering radiance is spectacular! I love the lightest two shades dearly, but the darkest isn't very pigmented, sort of dry, but you can work with it using water and packing it on well. This trio creates such a pretty everyday wearable look!