Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I've just recently bought this, even though I people have been raving about this product for a really long time now and I now know why. It has three gorgeous neutral and wearable shadows, perfect on its own and together for an everyday school or work appropriate look. The texture is very creamy and buttery, though I would much prefer WnW's Walking on Eggshells in terms of texture, but the finish of this, I find is better because it's goof proof (unlike the WnW where you would have to apply a really small amount and blend it well so that it doesn't look to frosty). The lasting power I'm not quite sure of because I've only used it for a couple of hours with UDPP and not by itself, but for the price, I highly recommend it especially for those who are looking for a basic trio you can use everyday.

on 2/20/2012 10:49:00 PM

Love this eyeshadow trio. Its quite cheap but looks great if you don't want an out there look. They have a very pretty shimmer to them and are super easy to use, just a little difficult to blend smoothly. They aren't super pigmented either but better than many drugstore eyeshadows ive tried.

on 1/27/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I never wear this. I bought because I read these reviews... and I never wear it.

on 1/27/2012 8:19:00 PM

The colors aren't pigmented. I would use a pretty dense brush when using these, if you want to get color. These are also quite shimmery. I actually see this more as a highlighting palette. I find that these shadows are hard to blend. It takes more effort than the next regular eyeshadow.

on 1/25/2012 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my second favorite powdered eye shadow.
The colors compliment my dark hair and skin color.
I use the darker brown on the outer half of my eyelid, and then use the shimmery light brown on the inner half of my eyelid.
Lastly, I use a small cosmetic brush and use the lightest color for under the eyebrow.
If these colors came as loose eye shadow, they could very well be my favorite eye shadow.

on 1/23/2012 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my go to eye shadow palette it's gorgeous I started using this in high school it's great for an everyday look and super cheap it's gorgeous neutral colors this is a must and needs to be in everyones make up collection . This is a great cheap gem :) u must pick it up my favorite Drugstore eyeshadow great value!

on 1/13/2012 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love the colours in this, this is perfect for someone just starting out with makeup or a seasoned makeup user, either way you'll definitely enjoy it I think. They're all shimmery so I wouldn't recommend it to older women.

Very affordable, good quality, good pigmentation, all the shadows you need for an everyday eye look.

on 1/9/2012 2:38:00 AM

I use this just about every day. I'm not very exciting when it comes to makeup-- I just go for a light, neutral shimmery eye and I'm good to go. I wear the middle color and the highlight the most often, and use the darker color when I want to be a little bit more jazzy. The colors are great worn alone or together, and you never look overdone. As others have said, the middle color should be sold separately, but it's not that big of a deal as the trio only costs a couple bucks. The one drawback is that the packaging isn't of the best quality-- the little eyeshadow tin things will fall out occasionally, and the lid of mine broke off so I have to snap it on and off when I use it now. But, hey, it's a small price to pay.

on 1/4/2012 4:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wish they would sell the middle color as a single also, that's always the one I end up running out of first, it's a shame to buy a whole new compact for one color. Either way, good stuff, I have been buying this since 2005, I don't wear it all the time, but whenever I do, I get reminded how awesome it is, haha. Good stuff to have around.

on 12/7/2011 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my old standby that I have used for over 10 years. I have high end eye shadow also, but this is truly a drugstore gem. It is a perfect shimmering neutral palette which lasts even without any primer. It is quick and easy to apply and I have never had a problem with fallout or crumbling. It is a very natural yet shimmery look and it looks great with any color eyes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials