Bare Escentuals Well Rested

Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Kaolin, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 6/2/2010 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am a devoted BE user and previously used Bisque to cover my dark undereye circles and lids. This covers easily and really well. I feel like it stays put when used in conjuction with other products. First I use Benefit Lemon-Aid, BE Fairly Light Foundation, then Well Rested and top it off with Mineral Veil. I got it as a small sample in a kit and will be buying a full size when I run out. It is a miracle worker!

on 5/20/2010 2:46:00 AM

My rating is for using this as a foundation. It did not work that well as a shadow base and powders are just too dry as a concealer. I use Amazing Base concealer in fair and this as my base. Oddly enough, I am very pale and was told I was a "winter" by another company but this yellow base makes my skin look 10 years younger. My daughter came over and immediately asked what makeup I was wearing and told me to always use it! It does work well in the inside corners of my eyes to brighten that area. I have used it for about a week and am always amazed at how well I like it when I never thought I would like a powder base. A girl at Ulta put the regular BE in fairly light on me and it looked like a spray orange tan, but this blends perfectly at the jawline and does not have that weird shimmer that the regulare base has. Update: I still like this on the days when I want a powder base, but I do think I like BB Natural Finish oil free liquid just as well now. Either way, using well rested in the inner corners of my eyes has become standard, as it seems to make me look younger and more awake. Also, on some days my cheeks are pinker, and I use the well rested where my blush goes, applied over the bb which does not seem to cover the pink as well, and the Well Rested really hides the pink, so my blush goes on truer and not extra pink.

on 5/11/2010 1:31:00 AM

This stuff is AMAZING!!! I am a huge BE fam, have been using them for 2.5 years and this is my new and overall favorite item from the line. Don't get me wrong, BE's Light foundation, Mineral Veil, Warmth, and eyebrow kit are all HG for me and I will use all these products til the day I die but I tried Well rested for the first time 4 days ago and I was in shock at how great it worked on me. I'm 21 yet I've had nasty dark circles under my eyes ever since I can remember (dating back since middle school). For the past 2.5 years I've been using Fairly Light as my under-eye and all over face concealer and it's worked pretty well and covered up my dark circles as well as I could hope for any concealer to do. However, when I went into the BE store a few days ago and the BE girl put the on my dark under eye circles I swear they completely vanished. I was so shocked and impressed I just had to buy it! For the past few days I've been putting Well Rested on under my eyes and it almost completely covers my dark circles, then I conceal again with fairly Light on top of the Well rested and by the time I'm done with my makeup I cant even tell that I have even the slightest darkness under my eyes. Its amazing how well this product works as making my eyes look so much brighter. I've always been so self conscious of my dark circles (especially because I'm so young and shouldn't have them) and I feel like my confidence has been boosted so much because of this product. HG for me for sure and I will continue to always repurchase this product!!

on 4/25/2010 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I see where they were going with this product, but I think it's a bit too harsh for me with a bit too much yellow. I don't battle dark circles under my eyes, so I don't think I really need this product. Maybe someday I'll reach for this when I need it.

on 3/28/2010 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

I didn't love this for under eye concealer; it doesn't blend well and it gets into all my wrinkles. But I do like it under bisque and foundation for blemish concealment, and under my brow bone for a little oomph. I wouldn't get it again, but I'll use up what I have covering zits.

on 3/13/2010 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great product for those with very dark under eye circles! I fix my under-eye concealer with this product and it gives a little bit more coverage (not much) but it brightens a lot dippending of how much you put on! Careful if you are quite tanned not to overdo otherwise you'll get panda eyes!! it also have very good lasting power

on 2/16/2010 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me start by saying that I hate when there are two or more sets of reviews for an item (in this case I think there are 2)
OK about the BE undereye concealer - it was ok, but I was not blown away like with other BE items. It did made my undereye look a little lighter, but there was no significant change, it was just a yellow-ish powder.
Most of the time I skipped that step and you could barely tell that I had no undereye concealer. Now my under eye area is not that bad too begin with, so maybe that is why I did not notice a difference.
However, I think a cream works better for that area.
I didn't hate, but I did not love, I would not buy it again.

on 2/16/2010 7:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

"This eye-brightening shadow base is a favorite among the sleep-deprived for its ability to magically diminish the morning-drowsiness that results from too little sleep or a long day's journey. Well-Rested works as a beautiful, eye-brightening shadow base, and can also be used to brighten dark shadows around the eyes, nose, lips and anywhere you feel you need an extra pick-me-up." -Bare Escentuals. I love using this to set my concealer. It gives my under eyes extra coverage and brightening. Love, love, love this! Definitely give it a try if your dark circles are severe and your concealer alone doesn't do it for you.

on 2/7/2010 4:27:00 PM

I'd like this better if it was not a loose mineral but for me (very fair neutral yellow) this is an awesome eyeshadow base. Every so slight sheen, mellow neutral yellow that blends into my skin and creates a smooth canvas. Use this every day although if I could find a pressed version of the same color I would check it out. This is an eyeshadow not a face powder, it's pretty highly pigmented. Good staying power. Taken how little I need to use this will last me for the rest of my life!

on 1/5/2010 2:54:00 AM

I really dont know about this. Hmmm i think my gripe with this is that it is slightly too dark for under eyes but slightly to mica-ish for the face. I love BE foundation in fairly light I think i will just use that under my eyes from now on, for me it works better

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products