Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Its definetley worth the money! totally translucent, blends well. I dont use the sponge, I use a compact brush, but i can store it in the lid, i even like the mirror. This by far the best translucent powder. my makeup looks great all day, doesnt leave a white cast. I cant rave more about this! :)

on 8/30/2011 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG of all make up. This powder has never left my make up bag. I have a very oily T-zone. My mother, boyfriend(s), and friends have all commented on my forehead. I used to swipe the back of my hand over my forehead and look down to see it glistening. It's that bad. I've used this powder for so long that I don't remember how I got a hold of it in the first place. I bought my third compact a few weeks ago and finally decided to review it. Anyways, I use this powder last after I've put on my moisturizer, primer, and foundation. It really is the cherry on top because it makes your skin look so flawless. It covers all the last imperfections & pores that my light foundation has missed and it leaves a nice finish. Even when I don't do my whole make up routine, I at least put a thin layer of this powder on. Just be sure not to over apply. If you catch yourself needing more coverage then apply foundation first. As for keeping the oil at bay, it does it's job like a professional. I've never had a glistening forehead with product. Sometimes I still get self conscious and wipe my forehead, but my hand never comes out oily like it used to. I've gotten less acne on my T-zone since I've used this product. Though, I'm not entirely sure if it is because of the powder or that my skin is growing out of that phase.

If you are prone to oil, then this product is for you. It won't treat it but it sure will hide it well.

on 8/13/2011 3:41:00 AM

I love this powder sooo much! This powder is so gentle on skin and it keeps my face looking flawless. When I sweat, my skin even look nicer- like it's glowing! Awesome!

on 8/1/2011 2:19:00 PM

All I have to say is that this product doesn't "stay matte." It's a nice powder and all, but within 2-3 hours, my face is definitely no longer matte.

on 7/1/2011 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this everyday its light and it really makes my face matte.. I have very oily skin and as I guy I don't want to look caky =)

Love it! I use it to set my foundations and they last all day without looking oily. This is great, however, for those days where I'm a little extra oily and need a little blotting action! I can also dab a bit of this over a primer at times where I don't feel like spending any time on makeup and it will just soften the appearance of my skin and cover up those pesky pores. Overall a great, soft mattifying powder. Also love the sponge and compact it comes in!

on 5/14/2011 10:36:00 PM

Didn't like this at all. Too chalky and powdery looking. Doesn't blend in. Make my skin look flaky.

on 5/2/2011 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This has to be one of my all-time favourite powders ever. Ladies, if you are unlucky enough (like me :() to have to leave with seriously oily skin, then you know how truly difficult it is to find a product that can keep your oil production mess in place. Take it from me, oily skin is a hormonal imbalance that cannot be cured my miracle pills/ uber expensive products or other things like that. Oily skin is a condition (often hereditary or hormonal) and you have to find the right products that can keep it in check, and not waste your hard earnt money (like me) on hundreds of products claiming they can resolve your oily skin concerns, because they wont. After spending loads of money on hundreds of products that can keep my skin in check, here is the list of products I use everyday: EVENING: 1. MD formulations Oily skin cleanser, 2. Clarins Ultra-Matte rebalancing lotion, I then apply 3. (optional) some Clinique anti blemish gel on any spots. I also apply Piz Buin Summer sensation face self tan every couple of evenings, because my skin tone is very fair (optional). MORNING: 1. MD Formulations cleanser for oily skin and 2. I blend some Clarins Truly Matte foundation with a little Ultra matte rebalancing lotion and apply it with my fingertips to my face and then followed by CLINIQUE STAY-MATTE POWDER in translucent. I normally only need to blot my skin with blotting paper (Neutrogena to the best ones and then Clinique) twice the entire day and re-powder late in the evening. Hope this helps - Best Skin Wishes to you all :)

on 4/27/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just happened to stumble accross some older photos from when I wore this powder, and decided to re-purchase. I liked this powder, but after trying numerous other brands I can safely say I now love this stuff. It never looks cakey or congealed, and controls oil without looking too matte and mask-like. The only downside is the price, however a little goes a long way and it will last a while. I would definitely recommend this to my friends!

on 4/15/2011 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have very acne prone and very sensitive facial slick with an oil-slick like t-zone and dry cheeks. Stay Honey was almost a perfect match for my skin tone.

I tried this powder four ways:
1) Alone- It was ok, but if you have hyperpigmentation you will need a concealer.
2) Over vanicream spf 35- It doesn't work well with this sunblock at all. The color coverage came out very uneven.
3) Over vanicream spf 35 covered with covergirl sensitive liquid foundation- This actually came out really well. I stayed matte for 14 hours (amazing I know). This actually made me want to love this powder.
4) Over vanicream spf 35 with clinique even better foundation spf 15- I only stayed matte for about 3 hours. But the even better liquid foundation is greasy on its own, so I am not sure anything can keep greasiness at bay when that particular liquid foundation is used.

Overall, it isn't absolutetly terrible, but the suspicious itching lets me know immediately that this is NOT for me and I am not sure what exactly was in it that caused the itch.