April 19, 2014 | 869 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by alle112

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this everyday its light and it really makes my face matte.. I have very oily skin and as I guy I don't want to look caky =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by crossingbridges

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! I use it to set my foundations and they last all day without looking oily. This is great, however, for those days where I'm a little extra oily and need a little blotting action! I can also dab a bit of this over a primer at times where I don't feel like spending any time on makeup and it will just soften the appearance of my skin and cover up those pesky pores. Overall a great, soft mattifying powder. Also love the sponge and compact it comes in!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by salhon

Didn't like this at all. Too chalky and powdery looking. Doesn't blend in. Make my skin look flaky.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by LuisaI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This has to be one of my all-time favourite powders ever. Ladies, if you are unlucky enough (like me :() to have to leave with seriously oily skin, then you know how truly difficult it is to find a product that can keep your oil production mess in place. Take it from me, oily skin is a hormonal imbalance that cannot be cured my miracle pills/ uber expensive products or other things like that. Oily skin is a condition (often hereditary or hormonal) and you have to find the right products that can keep it in check, and not waste your hard earnt money (like me) on hundreds of products claiming they can resolve your oily skin concerns, because they wont. After spending loads of money on hundreds of products that can keep my skin in check, here is the list of products I use everyday: EVENING: 1. MD formulations Oily skin cleanser, 2. Clarins Ultra-Matte rebalancing lotion, I then apply 3. (optional) some Clinique anti blemish gel on any spots. I also apply Piz Buin Summer sensation face self tan every couple of evenings, because my skin tone is very fair (optional). MORNING: 1. MD Formulations cleanser for oily skin and 2. I blend some Clarins Truly Matte foundation with a little Ultra matte rebalancing lotion and apply it with my fingertips to my face and then followed by CLINIQUE STAY-MATTE POWDER in translucent. I normally only need to blot my skin with blotting paper (Neutrogena to the best ones and then Clinique) twice the entire day and re-powder late in the evening. Hope this helps - Best Skin Wishes to you all :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by LaKeast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I just happened to stumble accross some older photos from when I wore this powder, and decided to re-purchase. I liked this powder, but after trying numerous other brands I can safely say I now love this stuff. It never looks cakey or congealed, and controls oil without looking too matte and mask-like. The only downside is the price, however a little goes a long way and it will last a while. I would definitely recommend this to my friends!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by beeb11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very acne prone and very sensitive facial slick with an oil-slick like t-zone and dry cheeks. Stay Honey was almost a perfect match for my skin tone.

I tried this powder four ways:
1) Alone- It was ok, but if you have hyperpigmentation you will need a concealer.
2) Over vanicream spf 35- It doesn't work well with this sunblock at all. The color coverage came out very uneven.
3) Over vanicream spf 35 covered with covergirl sensitive liquid foundation- This actually came out really well. I stayed matte for 14 hours (amazing I know). This actually made me want to love this powder.
4) Over vanicream spf 35 with clinique even better foundation spf 15- I only stayed matte for about 3 hours. But the even better liquid foundation is greasy on its own, so I am not sure anything can keep greasiness at bay when that particular liquid foundation is used.

Overall, it isn't absolutetly terrible, but the suspicious itching lets me know immediately that this is NOT for me and I am not sure what exactly was in it that caused the itch.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

This is definitely one of those products I have with me at all times. Great for touch ups, I use "Stay Buff" (01) to blot away shine mid-day, when my foundation needs a boost. This shade is perfect for my very fair skin -- it's really almost translucent, and does not deposit much color. It's not drying at all, even to my dry skin, and won't settle into fine lines -- it just leaves a flawless, soft finish.

For $20, my compact normally lasts me more than five months, too -- an excellent value! For reference, I wear NARS Siberia, NW5-10ish.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by gbstang11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This used to my HG. I wore it in Stay Honey. It's great for very light coverage which is all I need. However, if you apply too much, it can look cakey and fake. I loved the case and the big mirror, however I didn't like the sponge and used a brush instead. The price is great compared to my current foundation, and I would repurchase if I hadn't found something I liked better! Definitely worth a try if you're looking for light coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by beybika84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a really good pressed powder. The matte effect lasted almost all day with me, so i will definitely buy it again. Color range is nice, more yellowish. It didn't cause any breakouts. I loved Clinique's Clarifying make up pressed powder most, but unfortunately the don't sell it any more. This is a good substitute anyway. I highly recommend it for oily and acne-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference I am an NC-25 GGG. When I want to look slightly darker and totally glam (especially at night) I wear Clinique Stay Honey! Child....this powder makes my skin look fierce with a lighter lip and a gold eye eyeshadow or a dark liner. It smooths out my light brown skin tone and makes it look as if I have been tanning. I get so many compliments when I wear this and the men behave strangely as if in a trance. It does a fairly good job at taking away the shine but it gives excellent coverage and is finely milled. If you want to look very smooth try this. I sometimes use this powder and then dab the oil away with my Mac Blot powder in Medium/Dark.