April 17, 2014 | 1916 users online

Brows - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Brow Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by SeeTea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading reviews, I went out and bought this since I was hoping to find a natural looking brow filler. I have very sparse eyebrows (asian eyebrows, ugh) which are really annoying to try and shape because of the lack of natural shape. Previously I used tarte's brow pencil which was OK but didn't last throughout the day (due to my oily skin). Eyebrow gel and waxes don't do anything for me since I have so few hairs. This product did what I wanted, it gave a very natural color to thicken my brows (I got color 25 - ash) and it lasts throughout the day even with a gym session at the end of the day. The only drawback about using this is that it requires an angled brush vs. a brow pencil which is just a simple one item beauty routine, but because it lasts all day I'm fine with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by tlanpn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my HG. I have been searching for the perfect eye brow product for years. Pencils, creams, and powders all seemed to be either not the right color (too dark or too light) or I was afraid to accidentally run my finger over my brow and take it off.

I have very dark brown, almost black hair so it has always been hard to find the right color. Aqua Brow #40 is the answer. It must be applied with a brush. I use Joey New York's State of the Arch double ended brush which is the best as it allows me to only squeeze out a tiny amount of the MUFE Aqua Brow and define my brows perfectly. Check out ebay if you want that brush. You only need a tiny amount and it is definitely long lasting as I have fallen asleep and awoken still with perfect brows. I do not mind the little tube as it allows me to squeeze out just the right amount and because I use so little, this tube should last forever making the initial cost not really a concern. It is worth the money.

I once heard that as far as make up is concerned, it is the three "e's" that should always be done: eyebrows, eyeliner, and eyelashes. Try this, you will not be disappointed, but make sure that you go directly to the MUFE website to decide on the right color for your skin, eyes, and hair as some stores only stock a limited color palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by pslovetoshop

Okay, so after reading the great reviews here, I went out and bought this. It was SGD $ 39 which isn't too bad (considering all cosmetics are expensive here). And I must say, I absolutely love it! It's very pigmented and very long lasting. And a teeny tiny amount goes a long way. I put a small dot on my hand and use my eyebrow brush to put it on, after that I just brush through the brows using a clean mascara wand to spread the product out evenly. It holds up really well against the super hot & humid weather in Singapore. Love ! Definitely a repurchase for me. -- do be careful when picking the color, I have dark eyes and dark hair and I went for the #20 - light brown color and I am glad because after setting - the color seems to darken a bit ( maybe that's just me). This seems more natural than the grey or the dark brown - which made me just look like I have two caterpillars on my face! Anyways, point is check it out but try the color on and walk around the store for a bit before deciding.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been a loyal user of brow powders and brow pencils (the ones from MAC especially) but I wanted to try something else that was longer lasting and natural looking. This product comes in a little squeeze tube and you need a brush to apply this so if you're looking for something you can carry around, this probably wouldn't be for you. But then again, this is truly water proof and stays on all day so you wouldn't need to reapply this throughout the day at all.

I got this in shade #25 Ash. Which is the darkest colour they have. Upon initial application, I felt that this was a little bit lighter than I wanted but then once I saw the finished product I feel that it's the right colour for me. For reference, I use MAC brun shadow for powder or MAC spiked brow pencil for my brows. If you are a brunette, this will work for you.

I really like this formula because it dries to a matte finish and looks really soft and natural. No harsh lines! which can look super fake especially for brows.
I use MAC 208 small angled brow brush for application and the result is fantastic!

I am very much into my brows and feel that I have tried quite a few brow products thats out there- lancome, MAC, shiseido, Shu uemura, and all kinds of low end drug store stuff too. And I can see this becoming another long term product I can become very loyal to- my HG for brows was MAC spiked brow pencil for years.

I highly recommend this if you are comfortable with using a gel product as well as a brush to do your brows and also if you need something totally water proof, this is it.

UPDATE: okay i still like this but i took off a lippy because it does fade and smudge throughout the day. My hair is parted on the side and the side where my brow is covered by my bangs (I guess my hair is brushed up against my face and my brow) gets all faded and patchy. This is weird because i never had this happen with none-waterproof products (MAC spiked brow pencil) but it's happening with this supposedly waterproof product. I still like this but it's not perfect.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by debramarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. You need so little of it. It lasts all day. It doesn't come off until you take it off. I wish you could get it in a smaller size. The shade I had was for when I was a red head, and then I went back to black, and I ended up giving it to my best friend. I'd had it for nearly a year and it barely looked like I'd put a dent in it. If I had the money I would definitely repurchase in the shade I need now. I had to go back to using a powder eyebrow corrector with wax and it's just not that great. I miss this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by fashionista27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am mad with SA who suggested me to get #20, way toooo light for NC37-40ish like me! But i know what I want is dark brown and that's what I asked, unfortunately I forgot the number! so i'd been deceived and convinced that this color is dark brown! they got no sample as well of #20 hence I didn't manage to swatch it in store. Horrible SA who's only after commission specially here where SA are well known for reaching target. Urgh! I want to cry but I can't get it back, they don't do exchange for this kind of stuff. But anyway, about the product it's lovely and will get the right shade next time (although it means splashing AED199 again!)and will not listen to SA, let them fly around like flies on shite. LOL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I bought this product in Shade #10 from Sephora, which is a light ashy brown. I tend to need a brow product that will 1. match my brow color without being too red 2. hide a patch of no hair that I have on one of my brows and 3. hold my brow hairs in place all day.

This product, although a bit expensive, does all 3. I love it for the color match, which I have had a hard time finding. But the fact that it hides my hairless patch well and holds all day is great. Even my favorite drugstore pencils that are a color match (Revlon Colorstay wax brow pencil, and Maybelline Expert Wear pencils in Blonde) can't meet all 3 of these expectations.
EDIT: The real difference with this is I can create very smooth edge with an angled brush and this liquid, and it dries and stays ALL day and night. You can fall asleep in your makeup and your brows will be perfect when you wake up. I really like applying this with my Sonia Kashuk bent liner brush because I can draw long or short brush strokes like hairs.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

this stuff is too difficult to put on. I suppose with some practice I'd get better at it, but it's not worth my time. maybelline define-a-brow is way easier to apply than aqua brow, and it also performs better in my opinion.

this product might work better for people who need to add tint to their brows, or to fill in sparse brows, and the texture will keep them tamed. however, my issue is that I have short eyebrows (they're too far apart) so I try to slightly extend the length inward. this is really difficult to do without it looking really weird. so far, I've found that I can only pull this off using eyebrow pencils.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a woman who has only ONE non-negotiable makeup item (brow color), MUFE's Aqua Brow is my HG brow product. I have dark brown hair and purchased the darkest shade Sephora offers ... #25 Ash. It is a great match for me however it is not the darkest color Aqua Brow. MUFE offers more shades and Sephora only sells 3 of them. I dislike brow pencils as I guess I'm not good enough at making them look realistic. I dislike brow powders as they are easy to smudge. I love that Aqua Brow is truly waterproof. I've worn this while swimming and being in the steamy sauna at the gym and it stays put perfectly until i remove it with cleansing oil. Best application is with a very very stiff slanted eye brow brush. That's fine to me because I like mine hard and stiff... speaking of eye brow brushes, of course ;) Anyway, if you use a brush that's too soft you'll have problems controlling a precise application. The tube has an enormous amount of product considering you use sooooo little each time. This is a great product for filling in any sparse areas you have and making your brows look fierce, whether you go for the natural look or let your diva side come out. I highly recommend and will certainly repurchase. MUFE has a true winner with this product!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by nolachick86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

i have to say i was really excited about this product and while it works well for me, i wouldn't actually purchase (I had gotten a sample to try). the application is just not easy and i dont feel i have control in the shape i want to give my brows. it also feels kind of sticky so i'm not crazy about the texture.

i'm not sure if we're allowed to say but my HG is still the tarte brow mousse.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No