MAC Lustreglass - Spring Bean

4.3

on 1/15/2008 9:21:00 PM

I tried Spring Bean at Nordies and loved it :) it created that caramel effect on my lips, with a tinge of shimmer. I like it. I honestly was a little hesitant to try it because the green tube, of course you'd be a little put off, thinking the color will come out the same way on your lips, you just have to give it a try, and stop trying with your eyes :)

on 12/2/2007 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i love this lustreglass. the color first is appealing and a bit funny, because we don't see often a neon green lipgloss. i love how it stays long on my lips and makes them shiny, simply beautiful.

on 11/25/2007 8:32:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I actually had my MU recommend this for me to buy, and I HATED it! First off, it looks like spare ectoplasm from Slimer from the Ghostbusters movie. It gave my lips a terrible green-gold shade, which made me look sickly. For pale girls, I wouldn't ever recommend this. Green lips isn't a pretty look. :/

on 11/25/2007 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was my first ever MAC product. I love love love LOVE this lustreglass. It makes my lips a nice honey color on its own, and it also looks amazing over red lipstick. If they ever got rid of this I'd buy a truckload of backups. The brush kinda crapped out on me after awhile, but I don't care. This is one of the most perfect, unique glosses I've ever used.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love it. I put it over red lipstick if I realize it's the wrong shade and it fixes it right up. I wear it alone all the time and think it looks fantastic on warm toned skin.

on 10/28/2007 5:28:00 PM

I gave this product a rating of three...smack dab in the middle of the scale...because this gloss is good, but I don't hate it or love it. It can show up as a nice color, but other times it can look kind of like your lips are diseased which is definitely not an appealing look! This is a green apple green with sparkle in the tube. The MA suggested it to me, and I honestly thought "WHO THE HECK WOULD WANT A GREEN GLOSS." but I tried it on apprehensively. At first, I didn't like it because I could see the green too much on my lips... I decided not to get it then went and bought what I did want and went off to do more shopping. About 15 minutes later, I looked in a mirror to try something on and noticed that I liked what I was wearing on my lips hahaha. The green had subsided and what was left was a pretty honey-ish clear glaze with some sparkle. I felt a little silly going back 15 minutes later to pick it up, but oh well! I use this over some nude glosses, pinks, and reds to alter the appearance. Nice gloss, but can't wear it on it's on without having to wait a little for the green to calm down. Don't be put off by the color in the tube. Try it on for yourself and see if it works for you. I have a friend with fairly pigment lips and she uses Spring Bean all the time to tone them down and I've never once seen the green in it on her.

on 10/10/2007 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Hmm, at first I thought it was cute but then after taking a couple of pics I honestly thought this color resembled ...I'm not even going to say it. Let's just say it was way too caramel-y and yellowish and I didnt find it flattering. The texture is lovely though since I'm a big fan of lustreglasses.

on 10/9/2007 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am underwhelmed. This product is apparently supposed to neutralize overly red tones, and in theory, the greenish tone would do this. But my problem with this is that instead of it being a vaguely sheer green base or balm, it's a lustreglass that has to go on top (or else you get strange streakiness). This means that in strong light, your lips will actually look yellow/green, slightly radioactive. I have fairly pigmented lips (despite having pale skin), and when I wear it alone, the pigmentation is settled a bit, but at the price of aforementioned radioactive yellow-green glint. Sounds cool, but just makes me look sickly.

Instead of buying a lip product a shade too red/pink and then applying this on top, I'd rather buy something exactly the RIGHT shade to begin with.

As a plain ol' shimmering product, it's pricey and to avoid the greenish weirdness, you have to use it so sparingly it'll probably turn before you get the chance. Also, if you're using such tiny bits of it (to avoid alienface), you might as well be using any of 2098 lip glosses you probably already have. Save yourself the money.

on 10/4/2007 6:53:00 PM

I was very dissapointed w/ this one. When I first applied it it basically just made my lips shiny & shimmery, no lovely caramel that I was hoping for. But I was like "meh whatever". I tried it one day over a nude lippie (Freckletone? I think) and posted some FOTD pics. Only on the computer screen did I realize the green cast it created! It wasn't super noticeable green but enough to put me off...I don't need alien lips in photos, thanks.
I exchanged this for Star Nova Lustreglass which looks better but all in all Lustreglasses are pretty boring & sheer and I don't think I'll be buying anymore.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i have very pigmented lips and i got this stuff after reading somewhere that it helps neutralize those red/pink pigments...and does it ever! when on, it makes my lips look a gorgeous caramel colour. love it!

Recommended for Medium Skin