April 19, 2014 | 1137 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Senorita Margarita 3-in-1

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2006 1:22:00 AM More reviews by meltywarhol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, it really does smell freakishly like the eponymous alcoholic beverage. It's worth trying just for the novelty of it, but I probably wouldn't repurchase it, since I have far too many shower gels and prefer to use a scent that matches that day's fragrance. I'm a virgo; I like things to match. This is perfectly nice as a shower gel and occasional shampoo; it gets me clean and happy. I'm too fickle to use the same scent for very long, so I can't testify to any long-term effects on my hair. Also, these 3-in-1's really aren't all that expensive. If you buy the large size, it's one dollar an ounce, which is the same as the garden line from Victoria's Secret, more expensive than Bath and Body Works, but cheaper than the body shop, so really I think it's a moderate price.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2006 11:32:00 PM More reviews by auburn28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this 3-in-1 is NOT a favorite of mine. i for one don't want to go out of the house smelling like this. it's very foul smelling and the only plus is that it lathers well. would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2005 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Karen1977

Amazing.
I honestly thought this stuff would be disgustingly foul smelling, but it was a free deluxe sample from Sephora. So I figured what the hell.
I'm very pleasantly surprised by this one. I can't count how many times I've bought Philosophy 3-in-1s and been expecting it to smell SO good... only to be disappointed. Maybe the trick is to keep your expectations low?
Anyways, I really do love this scent. It's very pungent. The triple-sec smell is the first thing you notice. But the lime... woooo, the lime in it is heavenly.
No way in hell would I want to walk around smelling like this, but thankfully, it's a Philosophy 3-in-1. We all know the scent in these doesn't last beyond your shower. And this is a GREAT scent for when you're showering. Sure wakes you up in the morning, too.
Expected this to be the worst I've tried so far, surprised to say that this is BEST I've tried so far(hoping the "Coconut Cake" greeting from Maui set I'm getting in the mail today changes that, but not holding my breath).
Definitely one that you must try, believe it or not. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2005 6:16:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was dying for the cocktail party set for literally a year before I talked myself into buying it. Drugstore.com had to back order it, then somehow lost my order, so I spent a full month waiting on it almost breathlessly -- I could not wait to try it! This is my favorite scent of the three (melon daquiri and pina colada are the other two), and I also have the salt scrub of this as well. It does smell, as other reviewers have noted, just like a margarita -- which can be a good thing in that it's a lovely, energizing scent, but it can also be a bad thing in that it makes me want a margarita every time I use this stuff. :o) While I'm not disappointed with the product, I likely wouldn't buy it again; it's just too expensive for what it is -- a novelty product. I don't find the quality of the lather anything too amazing or incredible; in fact, I have recently discovered Dial Lavender Oatmeal body wash (a HG, I swear it, and I am a total soap snob -- trust me!!!!!), and I noticed that the Dial lathers up into a much richer, luxurious lather than the philosophy. So it was fun to try, but I wouldn't recommend running out and buying any unless you just happen to have money to burn.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2005 5:24:00 PM More reviews by jordand121089

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great Product! Smells exactly like margaritas....its has a strong smell of lime with a hint of rum and salt. Makes you feel like your on an island vacation. The price is pretty steep but I love the recipes on the bottle. Since its so expensive I only use it for shower gel or shampoo. I have realized that they do last forever! One bottle can last you a year even if u use it every day like I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2005 9:40:00 AM More reviews by 1975Crumpet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells exactly as the name suggests, Philosophy don't disappoint with their scents do they?. This is a delicious mouth-watering gel with a florescent green colour, I'd never normally buy such a garish colour but when I tested this in my local Space NK I had to buy it, I sniffed this in the shop on a rainy British summer day and was immediately sitting upon a giant opal fruit somewhere in the heavens. Does it moisturise the skin?, well it does in a Philosophy sort of way i.e it's all about the scent and not much about the ingredients but I'm not complaining you understand, it cleans well and leaves my skin fresh and re-freshed, I can always use a body moisturiser afterwards can't I?. It gets 4 lippies for making me feel happy, if it moisturised as good as it smells it'd get 5 but it's about the Philosophy you know, and I always fall for it every time, how can I not with scents like this?...oh and don't get me started on the scrub...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2005 6:12:00 PM More reviews by kindergirll

This is a good body wash, doesn't take much to get a good lather, and I do like the smell. Like so many other reviewers have said, this smells amazingly like a margarita! It's fun to use, though it dissapates quickly when used in the shower, and there is no hint of it after bathing. I am starting to get a little tired of it though, so I wouldn't buy again. I love the neon green color, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2005 7:31:00 AM More reviews by redhedsuze

Ok, a few things about my new fave body wash. Senorita Margarita smells exactly like what its name implies. Fresh, salty, limey margartias, with even a hint of tequila. Always perks me right up. Love the syrupy texture, lathers well, and cleans like it should. The only downside is that the scent doesn't last long at all, at least not on me. Wish they had a lotion or something to layer with. All in all, a must have for summmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2005 1:51:00 PM More reviews by kadins2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love margueritas and was anxious to try this stuff. Previously I have only used the Amazing Grace 3 in 1. I LOVE IT! My whole shower smelled like I was swimming in a frozen marguerita on the beach. I even washed my long coloer-treated hair with it. Awesome! Never had something make me enjoy getting up in the morning to shower when I am off work. Even though I am totally into this product, I could not give it 5 lippies because it is so expensive, just like most of Philosophy products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2005 12:23:00 AM More reviews by subeemama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this smells wonderful--just like a margarita. I love it for the summer! I only wish that the 3-in-1's had pumps. I will repurchase this, but I think of it as a more of a summery scent.