September 22, 2014 | 1284 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Ultrabland

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by wildcardinside

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me start off by saying I have oily skin, sightly combination on my cheeks.
This cleanser is basically like a balm cleanser, it is like a wax texture, white, very thick and moisturising and sightly oily. It emulsifies from a thick balm into a more thick oil on the face, and removes makeup quite well. It's gentle, and very moisturising, but I have trouble actually removing this product properly. I use a muslin cloth dampened with warm water to remove it, then toner (tea tree oil by Lush again) but I always still feel like there are traces of wax on my skin because it is very hard to remove, and I sort of feel like I am pulling my skin slightly to remove it propery, and I always feel like because I haven't actually WASHED my face afterwards, but rather wiped the product of that my pores are then kind of clogged and the makeup isn't all removed. (Probably just a personal opinion in regards to balm/hot cloth cleansers...) It does leave skin feeling really beautiful and soft though, but I feel that this product does break me out a bit.

Pro's - Great makeup remover, a little goes a long way, beautiful natural ingredients, cheap, leaves skin feeling soft, gentle formula.

Con's - Broke me out, doesn't clean face properly, pore clogging, smells not too great, takes a lot longer to cleanse face than what it does with a "normal" gel or foam (etc) cleanser, packaging is unhygienic (just being picky here, but obviously face products that you dip your fingers into are going to be less hygienic than squeeze tubes).

Overall, 8/15.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Boywithstyle

So, letís start with me: I'm 20 and have combination skin. I have an extremely oily face (especially my T zone) and, occasionally, my cheeks get dry. I always have about 1-2 deep pimples and suffer from hyper pigmentation. Aside from the excessive oil, dark marks and occasional break-outsÖ my skin is OK.

UltraBland is basically heaven in a bottle. I purchased this product last week at the recommendation of my local Lush associate and, let me tell you, this stuff is great!
The first night I used this, it felt a little weird. Not too oily, but somewhat waxy. I applied Vanishing Cream (not my favorite), and went to bed. The next morning I woke up with oil free, more even toned skinÖ. Which is NOT normal for me. I was very surprised and excited. Since then, my skin condition has improved tremendously. Less oil and more even toned. Iíve noticed slightly less frequency in my acne and my pimples seem to go away faster!

The way I use this product: 1) massage Ultrabland into face (a little goes a long way); 2) spritz face with toner (I make my own with tea tree oil, rose water and orange blossom water) 3) wipe off with a DRY muslin cloth or cotton round; 4) apply moisturizer and your all done. Thatís my night routine. I usually donít apply moisturizer during the day as it makes my face look oily. Sometimes, if Iím running late in the morning, Iíll only do steps 2 & 3. I will be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by FairOne23

I really like this cleanser.

It's an excellent makeup remover - I can actually feel my makeup melting away as I rub Ultrabland in. I can see why people would dislike the feeling of applying this, as it does feel really oily, but personally I quite enjoy that! The oily texture means that it just glides onto your skin, no need to rub hard and feel like you're pulling your skin. I can also use it around my eyes, as it's so gentle as the aforementioned texture means that I don't feel like I'm dragging the skin around my eye. I can even massage it into my eyelashes and it doesn't make my eyes sting.

My skin feels so soft after I've used it, and the next morning. To be honest I don't feel that it's helped with my recent breakouts, but likewise, it hasn't made them any worse. And I may be imagining it, but when I do have a breakout, the spots seem to vanish more quickly than before I was using Ultrabland!

I was using wet cotton wool pads to remove this (soaked in very warm water before wiping), but changed to using a face cloth (again, soaked in very warm water), as I felt it was too expensive to keep using the cotton wool. I drape the warm/hot cloth over my face for a few seconds, to help the cleanser to 'melt' slightly, then wipe my face gently to remove. Personally I've not struggled at all to remove the cleanser.

Also, despite my combination skin, this hasn't made my face super oily - in fact, it has helped to even out my complexion (eased oily patches and moisturised dry areas).

Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by ceejoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser. Nothing has ever calmed and cleaned my oily and often problem skin like this. I've had the pot for months and it's still half full so it works out as great value for money. My skin is less shiny, I have fewer breakouts and less blotchyness. I use this as a night time cleanser and to take off makeup after work if I'm spending the evening at home. I use fresh farmacy in the mornings as my only complaint with this cleanser is that makeup doesn't go over it very well unless you leave it an hour or so. Who has that kind of time in the morning?

I've found this works very well for warm flannel cleansing. It makes removal much easier and while I still wouldn't use this in the mornings my face feels much cleaner at night.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What a useless balm cleanser!
I use the Eve Lom balm cleanser in the evenings, and I hoped that this could be a nice little product to use for everyday purposes, with the Lom cleanser being put aside for weekends and pamper days. However, this is entirely useless, and this product has been sitting around in my toiletries cupboard since the first month I tried using it.
The ingredients list is fine, however, as is the case with most LUSH products, combined this has a weird musty smell. However, once applied, you don't notice it too much.
I applied this as per instructions, wiping off with a warm flannel, was generous with my application, but this product really did a pretty measly job of getting my face and cheek products off! (I use a micellar solution to remove my eye make-up and lipstick: dark or light). Sure, some of it came off, but most of it was still there when I moved on to the toning step of my regimen. It doesn't matter what you take it off with, the product still remains on your skin, leaving a greasy film on top. A double-cleanse is more than I need, I definitely don't want a triple one!
I don't even wear much make-up, so I can't understand why it has such a hard time doing much cleansing. For me, this product was quite frustrating, and as someone with slightly dry, slightly sensitive skin with little to no skin problems, I can't advise how other, more sensitive/problem-prone skin types will fare under it... I find it to be too heavy for its own good, and I would encourage you to try other lighter (and obviously more effective) balm cleansers that give your skin some room to breathe.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Nobodys_angel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is an awesome cleanser. Those people who claim that you can't use this if u have oily skin couldn't be more wrong. If u hate this... There can be only two reasons. Either you're allergic to something in there or you're not using it correctly.

It takes some getting used to and some common sense to use this. I keep shaking my head at people who marked this as horrible because they applied it and tried to wash it off and it wouldn't come off...leaving a greasy film. Seriously people...it's a wax cleanser and is not designed to be washed off.

Do not use it on wet face...use it on dry skin and massage till u see that your makeup is dissolving (happens almost instantly). Then wet a cotton pad in hot water (cold water will not work) squeeze out the water and wipe off the makeup on your face. You will probably need 3-4 cotton pads. Using a muslin cloth is more economical.

The hot wipe melts the wax and takes it off together with the makeup bound to it. It's as easy as that. It's really not necessary to wash your face with regular cleanser after that. I just follow with my toner and moisturiser. I have oily acne-prone skin and this has never broken me out. Always leaves me fresh and dewy. Hope this helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm not sure how I feel about this. However I would purchase this again as it does not offend my skin and my skin is very sensitive. I hate the feel of rubbing it in as it feels like I'm rubbing olive oil on my skin but I love how soft my face feels afterwards and even when I have taken my makeup off prior and believe that my face is completely clean, it takes off extra dirt that make up wipes and using my clarisonic doesn't.

Edit: I love this. I have had no problems with my skin since using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not over-exaggerating at all when I say this: Ultrabland cured my acne-rosacea!! They say there is no cure for rosacea but I've used Ultrabland every night since Christmas (it's now March) and my aggressive redness, dry cheeks, oily nose, spotty chin, have all vanished!! For the first time in my life, I have a normal face!

It's an amazing make-up remover too! I don't follow the instructions on the packaging as the first time I did, I got a breakout from the oiliness, so after watching a review from SineadyCady of The Makeup Chair, I started washing off my ultrabland cleanser with yellow facial sponges soaked in warm water, and this works a treat! If I have a lo of make-up on, as I sometimes do, I use a muslin cloth instead of a sponge, just so I can really give my face a good exfoliation. It still leaves a nice balm on the skin so you don't need to use a night cream and you still wake up gorgeous! LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by CrystalPeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I work at Lush and am writing this review not because I am trying to sell this to you, but because it is the best product I have ever used & one I will continue to use forever.

Since using this product instead of so many other products I was using, my skin is in healthy condition.
Spots have died down & skin looks healthy & dewy.
Here's why:
Honey is antiseptic & helps clear acne. It is also a humectant which means it retains moisture in the skin.
Almond oil contains high levels of vitamin E needed to repair skin.
Rose oil- soothes rednesss & improves skin elasticity.

Now my skin does not over produce oil like it was as it is being fed correctly.
I swear by this as a night cream & using it as a daily cleanser even when not wearing any facial make up. It removes the 3 layers of waterproof mascara I wear daily.
People who do not like this product are not using it correctly.
I use it like this:
Scoop up a finger full of Ultra Bland & rub into skin & around eyes & on eyelashes (Never ever stings or irritates & I suffer from eczema)
Do this for around 30 seconds or until your make up melts around the face.
Take a large oval cotton wool pad & wet under a hot/warm tap.
Wipe around face to remove UB.
Spritz a toner on the face. I use rose water and orange blossom water mixed together. You can buy these from any ethnic grocery store- these flower waters are inexpensive, good for the skin & 100% pure- no alcohol.
Give this product a go for one month & you will be writing the next 5 star review.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by sassiko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am officially a convert. I must be on my 5th tub of this stuff. At first I thought it was too greasy for my acne-prone skin, but it hasn't broke me out, it leaves me skin slightly moisturised and its soo gentle it's one of few products that my skin doesn't react to. I use it morning and evening and some days can go without moisturiser if my skin is playing up. I even use this on a couple of eczema patches I have on my face and I've had the best results so far of all the creams I've tried. The only downfall is that it isn't great at getting waterproof mascara off, but as I don't often wear mascara it's not an issue for me. Definitely a staple in my skincare regime.