August 1, 2014 | 1433 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Ultrabland

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Nobodys_angel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is an awesome cleanser. Those people who claim that you can't use this if u have oily skin couldn't be more wrong. If u hate this... There can be only two reasons. Either you're allergic to something in there or you're not using it correctly.

It takes some getting used to and some common sense to use this. I keep shaking my head at people who marked this as horrible because they applied it and tried to wash it off and it wouldn't come off...leaving a greasy film. Seriously people...it's a wax cleanser and is not designed to be washed off.

Do not use it on wet face...use it on dry skin and massage till u see that your makeup is dissolving (happens almost instantly). Then wet a cotton pad in hot water (cold water will not work) squeeze out the water and wipe off the makeup on your face. You will probably need 3-4 cotton pads. Using a muslin cloth is more economical.

The hot wipe melts the wax and takes it off together with the makeup bound to it. It's as easy as that. It's really not necessary to wash your face with regular cleanser after that. I just follow with my toner and moisturiser. I have oily acne-prone skin and this has never broken me out. Always leaves me fresh and dewy. Hope this helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm not sure how I feel about this. However I would purchase this again as it does not offend my skin and my skin is very sensitive. I hate the feel of rubbing it in as it feels like I'm rubbing olive oil on my skin but I love how soft my face feels afterwards and even when I have taken my makeup off prior and believe that my face is completely clean, it takes off extra dirt that make up wipes and using my clarisonic doesn't.

Edit: I love this. I have had no problems with my skin since using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not over-exaggerating at all when I say this: Ultrabland cured my acne-rosacea!! They say there is no cure for rosacea but I've used Ultrabland every night since Christmas (it's now March) and my aggressive redness, dry cheeks, oily nose, spotty chin, have all vanished!! For the first time in my life, I have a normal face!

It's an amazing make-up remover too! I don't follow the instructions on the packaging as the first time I did, I got a breakout from the oiliness, so after watching a review from SineadyCady of The Makeup Chair, I started washing off my ultrabland cleanser with yellow facial sponges soaked in warm water, and this works a treat! If I have a lo of make-up on, as I sometimes do, I use a muslin cloth instead of a sponge, just so I can really give my face a good exfoliation. It still leaves a nice balm on the skin so you don't need to use a night cream and you still wake up gorgeous! LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by CrystalPeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I work at Lush and am writing this review not because I am trying to sell this to you, but because it is the best product I have ever used & one I will continue to use forever.

Since using this product instead of so many other products I was using, my skin is in healthy condition.
Spots have died down & skin looks healthy & dewy.
Here's why:
Honey is antiseptic & helps clear acne. It is also a humectant which means it retains moisture in the skin.
Almond oil contains high levels of vitamin E needed to repair skin.
Rose oil- soothes rednesss & improves skin elasticity.

Now my skin does not over produce oil like it was as it is being fed correctly.
I swear by this as a night cream & using it as a daily cleanser even when not wearing any facial make up. It removes the 3 layers of waterproof mascara I wear daily.
People who do not like this product are not using it correctly.
I use it like this:
Scoop up a finger full of Ultra Bland & rub into skin & around eyes & on eyelashes (Never ever stings or irritates & I suffer from eczema)
Do this for around 30 seconds or until your make up melts around the face.
Take a large oval cotton wool pad & wet under a hot/warm tap.
Wipe around face to remove UB.
Spritz a toner on the face. I use rose water and orange blossom water mixed together. You can buy these from any ethnic grocery store- these flower waters are inexpensive, good for the skin & 100% pure- no alcohol.
Give this product a go for one month & you will be writing the next 5 star review.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by sassiko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am officially a convert. I must be on my 5th tub of this stuff. At first I thought it was too greasy for my acne-prone skin, but it hasn't broke me out, it leaves me skin slightly moisturised and its soo gentle it's one of few products that my skin doesn't react to. I use it morning and evening and some days can go without moisturiser if my skin is playing up. I even use this on a couple of eczema patches I have on my face and I've had the best results so far of all the creams I've tried. The only downfall is that it isn't great at getting waterproof mascara off, but as I don't often wear mascara it's not an issue for me. Definitely a staple in my skincare regime.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ultrabland is touted by Lush staff as their 'must-have' product - it claims to work as a universal cleanser for removing makeup and calming problem skin. After hearing the shop staff praise Ultrabland so highly I decided to try a small pot and see for myself if this truly worked. Costing just over 6 for a small pot that has so far lasted me months and months, it's in the more affordable category of skin product, so it's not a disaster if it doesn't work for you.
There seems to be some confusing about how best to use Ultrabland, so this is what I do. First I use a regular makeup wipe to remove the majority of my makeup - foundation, eyeliner, mascara and all. I take a small amount of Ultrabland in my fingers - a small amount goes a long way as it does initially feel oily and waxy - then rub all over my face, wherever I would have applied makeup. For anyone with oily skin like mine it is initially a shock since it feels so greasy, but this is only temporary. I then use my Clarisonic Mia gently all over my face for 60 seconds then wipe dry with a clean towel. If you don't have a Clarisonic or skin brush a warm face flannel thoroughly wrung out and works just as well. After drying, I spray Lush's Tea Tree Toner a few times on a cotton round and wipe all over my face to remove any last traces of Ultrabland. Your face should now be feeling clean and smelling good!
Initially I didn't like Ultrabland as it felt so horribly greasy on my already oily skin, but then realised it does need removing with a small amount of water (Clarisonic or damp flannel) to get rid of the greasiness, whilst a good toner for your skin type takes care of any leftover residue (Lush's toners are great, there's one for everyone). My skin feels much cleaner and calmer after using it, I can't go to bed after just using a makeup wipe on my skin and calling it a night.
The only negatives for me are that it can be messy and time-consuming to use every night, especially since it's a waxier product, although I am a fan of lazy girl skincare and don't want to spend too long prepping my skin before bedtime. The second is that like Ultrabalm, it does have the slightest gritty feel to it which doesn't affect the skin abrasively in the slightest but a smooth formula would be better. Both products have similar ingredients so it's not surprising; though it isn't really a huge issue.
I'd recommend this to anyone looking to revamp their evening cleansing routine - those with drier skin may like to use it in the morning too - this is a unique product which has the potential to do wonders for problem skin when used correctly.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by saffronbaby

Sorry no no no! Greasy skin is not a good look. Impossible to remove and sticky and horrible. feels like your cleansing with lip balm which isn't a nice comforting feeling! Did nothing for my skin but make me feel more dirty than I was before I cleansed! LUSH I love you but ultra bland is ultra crap!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by happinessfactory

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm nearly 39 and have been battling with moderate adult acne for the last decade. I always seemed to have a few spots and at least one would be cystic.

I used to use the Acne Cure regimen, but it's designed for teenagers, and my ageing dry cheeks and fine lines couldn't cope with it.

So about a year ago, I decided to abandon all complications and just cleanse, tone and moisturise.

My skin hasn't looked this good since I was a (non-acne-afflicted!) teenager.

I use Lancome's iconic bi-phase remover to take off my mascara and my HG eyeliner, Urban Decay 24/7.

Then I give myself a facial massage with Ultrabland. Really work it into both surface make-up and the skin with the pads of my fingertips.

Then I use a microfibre cloth or muslin or even a cotton towelling washcloth, soaked in hot but bearable water and then wrung out until it's barely damp, to remove every last smear of the Ultrabland (and my make-up) thoroughly.

Then I apply Lush's tea tree toner all over my face with a cotton pad.

Then I use Heal Gel by The Firm only where I need it: on my cheeks, upper lip and eyeids and undereyes.

My skin is glowing these days and people tell me I look ten years younger. My spot scarring has gone and I almost never get zits any more. Nor do I get dry batches or tiny bumps beneath the surface of the skin.

If you're not getting good results from this cleanser, I can only think you're not removing it correctly. It's an oil and therefore sticky: don't leave it on the surface of your skin ready to attract dirt.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by leigh0814

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PLEASE READ!

This is an absolute MIRACLE product!!!!

Before you write this product off because of the negative reviews on here, please read this. Ultrabland is literally a godsent. This little pot of beeswax and honey is a practically a cure-all for any skin condition. Pretty much the ONLY way not to like this is if you're not removing it correctly, which about 75% of people are guilty of.

I work at Lush shop and I never paid much attention to this product. I use 9 to 5, good enough for me! Then last week I had a horrible, horrible reaction to a medicine I took for rosacea. My skin broke out in a rash so severe people stared at me. I was covered in red bumps, my skin was raw and flakey, and I was ashamed. I tried everything, more Lush cleansers, cetaphil, aveeno, steroid creams, and it only made it worse. Then my manager came up to me in the shop and said she would fix it with ultrabland. She massaged a nickel sized amount in my sore, bumpy skin for about 4 minutes until it was even and not sticky. Then she removed it with toner-water soaked cotton rounds for about 2 minutes, and finally she placed a warm washcloth over my face for a minute. The SECOND she was done, my skin was about 75% clear. The rosacea bumps, the rash, the flakiness was GONE. Not covered up, I had no makeup on! It was literally clear skin. I was worried it would "wear off" and I would wake up and be bumpy again but my skin only looks brighter today. And thats after one use people. Give this product a shot, it literally saved my skin.

It works so well because of the honey. Honey is antibacterial and anti inflammatory, so while its going deeep into your pores, its clearing out all the bacterial, makeup, grime, and gunk and also reducing redness and irriation. It's also good for oily skin because oil attracts oil, so yes even though it is oily, it's pulling alllll the gross oils out of your skin.

Remove it correctly and there is literally no way NOT to like this product.

If you have doubts, ask the associates at your Lush shop to do it for you in store! we will =)

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by TarinM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this because the ingredients sounded so nice, but it just seemed to have the consistency of beeswax, like it was quite difficult to spread over my face and then there was a fair bit of dragging to try and get it off, I had to use a face cloth as well, I don't think you could get it all off with water but I think it wasn't designed for that. My skin looked okay afterwards and it didn't seem to add to any breakouts, but I imagine if you didn't get it all off properly, which was quite an effort, you could get clogged pores from it.