November 23, 2014 | 2059 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by DanaKatherine9

This spot treatment works wonders on my skin. My skin is often sensitive to spot treatments but this causes little to no peeling. If I feel a pimple brewing I can put some of this on and it either stops the pimple from ever surfacing or brings it to a head in no time. The smell can burn your nose and eyes as well as sOme minor discomfort to your skin. I find this works best BEFORE moisturizer or anything else. Cleanse skin, dry, put on the spot treatment to dry for 5-10 minutes and then apply whatever else you need to.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by bethdanielson

I love this stuff! I have been using this spot treatment for years...does anyone remember when it came in the aluminum-like packaging?? I use this at night after washing my face and putting on moisturizer. If I'm having a really bad breakout, like during my TOTM, I will put a thin layer over my cheeks and T-zone. I've used tons of benzoyl peroxide products (proactive, acne.org regimen) and they have never worked as well as salicylic acid for me. I've seen a few people review that it dries out their skin, but what salicylic acid really does is speed up the process in which your skin regenerates itself, thus peeling can take place--this may be a pain in the butt for some people but for acne-prone skin, I promise it's a good thing and it will go away! I also use the Clarisonic Mia at night, so I don't have peeling problems. Another thing about salicylic acid is that it reduces the inflammation of acne. All in all...will this make all of your pimples disappear overnight? No...but including this in your skin care regimen can give you that glowing skin you're looking for. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by MochaLatte18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff works! It reduces the size of your pimple in just a couple of hours which is amazing! The smell is a bit odd but tolerable at first but after you've used this a lot and you're sick of it, it won't be very pleasant. For my combination skin, this can really dry out my cheek area and make it peel if i keep using it in the morning and at night routinely. You can't use any products that require rubbing on top of it because it will come off into little dry balls on your face and it's a pain to remove. What i've noticed though is when it comes to bigger and more pigmented pimples it will remove the lump but the colour will stay, i don't know if that's for everyone but that's what happened to me. The consistency is almost like glue and it's transparent. The tube has a pointy end where the product comes out which i believe is very sanitary and makes it easier to use all the product inside.

Overall, i would buy this again despite all the cons because it works under a couple of hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by miranda99111

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am going to admit that I am now finishing up my third or fourth or fifth tube! I love this acne spot treatment because it actually reduces the size of my pimples in a few hours and does not dry out my skin as long as I don't use too much of it on one spot. I like that this treatment reduces the size and redness as described on the product. On the other hand, it does not completely clear the pimple out so that it's completely gone, but it does make your pimples reduce to almost the size of nothing. The smell is tolerable, not bad. I even find myself repurchasing this so many times I've lost count so obviously it's a great treatment for pimples!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by blueyes14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

SO, i have combination-dry skin (dry-ish only in my cheeks, nose and chin pretty oily and forehead normal), and i really like this stuff. the only problem i have found, is i dont think it works on 'that time of the month' pimples. i have a few right now, and its working okay, but nothing compared to normal 'everyday' pimples. But, i dont really have acne, i just usually have 1-2 pimples on my face at a time, and then on my chin, i can always see little blocked pores that dont turn into pimples, if that makes sense :P. this works great for that! it litterally clears up my pimple in about 3-4 days, max. theyre usually just regular whiteheads, or normal pimples-i dont have an issue with blackheads, except for the tiny ones on my nose which i cant really do anything about. But i do recommend this product if your skin is like mine. I dont have any problems with my skin getting flaky, unless the pimple is dried up and healing, which is what this is supposed to do. also, if you pop a whitehead, then clean it with toner, then apply this, the pimple will usually be gone overnight. which is amazing(: im on my second tube now.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by AAMM

I bought this product to clear up a pimple on my chin. I applied this product several times over the next couple hours and it seemed to make the pimple smaller however the next day when i thought the pimple was dried up it infact had made the skin around the pimple so dry that it peeled off and i had horrible dry skin patch for a week and made a small scar! this product is to harsh on sensitive skin and i will never use it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DOES NOT work for my acne...at all :(

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by icecreamtruckk

I purchased this on Amazon for about $5. Elsewhere it's about $6-8.

I only use this for blackheads around my nose and cheeks because of the 2% salicylic acid. I've used the Patricia Wexler Acnescription Overnight Acne Repair Lotion that had 1.5% salicylic acid. It was $20 and it worked wonders getting rid of my blackheads. I used it for months and ran out of it, but it cleared up ALL my blackheads. I figured that this Clean & Clear treatment would do the same trick but for waay cheaper.

I've been using this product for about 3 weeks and it did clear up the majority of my blackheads however it's SUPER drying. I have very oily skin but ANYWHERE I apply it, the next morning the area is incredibly dry, flaky, and rough :( It also stings and burns a lot when applied but it goes away after 3-5 minutes. I would use this at night only or every other day because it's very strong.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by smoze

Didn't work..plain and simple..

Didn't work on cystic,white heads, black heads, the whole shebang.

It did prevent smaller acne and didn't make my acne worse. Still I bought it to make it go away which it totally did not.

Smells great.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by wynterandkaylinsmommy123

The first time i ever used this i could have sworn that it worked but after a few months i seemed like all i was doing was rubbing gel on my pimples for no reason. Like the pimple used to get small and be gone the next day but now it seems like the zit is getting bigger and a lot of times they turn into cystic acne. I forget how much it was but i kno it was expensive and i wasted my money on it