Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

3.3

Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive: Alcohol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Capryloyl Glycine, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Cetyl Lactate, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Fragrance, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Laureth-7, Phenethyl Dimethicone , Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 20, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Sarcosine, SD Alcohol 40-B, Tetrasodium EDTA, Water

on 12/21/2012 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese, acne prone skin, mid 30s. **UPDATED review, what a difference a year makes! I finally learned my acne trigger (food sensitivity test = dairy, see my notepad) and for the first time in 15 years, my skin is clear... not a single cystic and very little congestion.

And in this past year, I've tinkered w/ alot of MUA "loved" products...Avene / LRP / Acne.org / etc etc. Still trying to work thru my box of Stridex (red box w/out alcohol 2% SA), but now that my skin horror is more or less taken care of, this is the product I truly love as a great preventative.. my HG acne product (with some spot dabbing w/ Acne.org BP Treatment for anything bigger)!

**Original 12/10/11 Review**After Accutane 5 years ago, I still needed something for the minimal but regular small red acne bumps. Loving the Dermalogica Medibac overnight clearing gel, I figured the 2% salicylic acid was the magic ingredient my face liked. Hopped to Target to find this product w/ the same active ingredient.

Two weeks later, testing each product on either side of the face, both products were equally effective in PROACTIVELY keeping my jawline smoother and more acne free. I apply a thin layer in the evening across the jawline and lower cheek, not as a spot treatment. If your skin responds well to salicylic acid, then try this one.

It is not perfect, but the best so far. I get bored occasionally b/c of the lack of cool-highend-magic-appeal, so I tend to breakaway from it or stop using it, but over the past few years, it is the only one I will consistantly go back to.

FYI Clean & Clear makes a very similar treatment called "Advantage Mark" which smells like Elmer's glue. The pictures posted here look like a mix of the two products, so buy the "pointy" capped one....

on 12/7/2012 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product! I have an acne wash that I use regularly but we all know that there will be that one pimple that will appear out of nowhere. And when it does, Advantage Acne Spot Treatment to the rescue! This stuff is great. If I put it on at night, I wake up happy that the pimple has greatly reduced or completely vanished that next morning. It comes in hand to keep in your purse as well.

on 12/3/2012 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I purchased this spot treatment when it first came out. I remember wincing as I paid for it- I know it was at least eleven dollars. It's down to 7.99 at my local drugstore now...darn. I could have bought an elf blush with that three dollars. Anyway.
I love the packaging. The little squeezey tube with the thin opening makes it so easy to get the 'right' amount for whatever I need to dab- or glop -this on. The product itself is completely clear, which I really like. I can wear it durring the day and no one would know...until about an hour in. It really irratates my skin! That's so weird, because normally salacylic acid doesn't bother my skin. Also, it gets super dry and flakes off. Now, I could deal with that...but it doesn't work for me. If you have different skin and more whiteheads than cystic acne, I think this would be an okay bet. I don't get a lot of cystic acne or whiteheads anymore, I mostly just have scarring, but whenever a blemish pops up I really don't feel so good about using this.

on 11/20/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It didnt really do anything for my spots but the again salacyic acid does NOTHING for me haha. will not repurchase D;

I have been using this for just 3 days, and I can say that this is the best spot treatment I've ever used!! To start off, my skin is combination but more on the dry side this time of the year (it's very cold in Sweden in the winters) and lots of pimples around my temples and mouth. I put this gel on the spots every night before I go to bed, and sometimes even on the day before putting on makeup, and it dries out the pimple completely! I used to have three big active pimples that was horrible, I put this on and now only a few days later they're gone. I am blown away! As someone below said, it does dry out the skin around the pimple and makes it a bit flakey, but with a good moisturizer that's nothing to worry about. This together with LUSH's Angels on bare skin and arctic aqua 24h deep hydration moisturizer from Lumene is slowly but surely changing my skin! I couldn't be happier :)

EDIT: Noticed that the one I have is called Advantage spot treatment gel and says "Fast action" below.. Don't know if it's the same as the "acne spot treatment" this is referring to.

on 11/2/2012 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This product can be a hit or miss, Miss if I just lather on my face, a hit if i spot treat and put a bandaid over the spot! That method works wonders!

on 10/28/2012 6:48:00 PM

Ive heard a lot of good reviews about this product and so i went and bought it. As much as I hate to say this, but this product did nothing at all. Its a gel like product which isnt the issue, when a zit,spot or watvr u want to call it visits my face I put it on before bed but it didnt work ive been using this product for a month just to give it a chance but it did not really work.:( now im on a mission of finding a new and hopefully a product that will work,

on 10/7/2012 8:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have never tried a better spot treatment! I put this on some zits I could feel coming, and in two days they were completely gone! It is really amazing. It does leave the area really dry and flakey, but I'd rather have that than a huge pizza face.

on 9/28/2012 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Over all I like this product. It helps bring down the size of a pimple or helps after extracting a pimple. The consistency is gel-like and as other reviewers have said it also has a glue-like texture when applied to the skin. I only apply this after I remove my make up for the night on any spots or in the morning if I'm not putting on make up right away. If you happen to extract a pimple this might sting a little but that's only because there's salicylic acid in this. You only need a tiny amount so there's no need to glob on a bunch of product. The smell is a typical acne treatment smell/ chemical smell but it isn't very strong.

on 9/5/2012 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

okay the photo with the two different items i got both those for free and i pretty much used them together at the same time but ill write this review for the times that i used it alone like whenever i left the house_ tip though if youre staying inside or going to bed use this its a clear gel but not jelly like i really love it anyway the other little bottle is a blue cream put it on top of the gel and your acne will just whoosh go away so much faster_ also my keyboard is f*ked heh sorry_ alright so this stuff is pretty great i dont have any idea how much it cost though but if i had to buy it i am cheap and think this should be three to four dollhairs five dollhairs is pushing it i think and i would never buy it alone id only get it if i could get the blue cream too_ i know this is an acne spot treatment but im weird i figure if its strong enough for a spot ill put it on my whole face just to protect it from acne i dont go outside much anyway and my skin only gets the tiniest bit dry at the corners of my mouth but around my mouth sometimes even at my lipline are where I AM most acne prone and i dont wanna look like i have the herp! hahaha i dont care if its just a whitehead i refuse to let anyone think im having some herpes flareup no offense girls with it :c especially if a mum passed it through birth or by an even worse situation_ ah i digress_ i enjoy the feeling of this on though its a gel its "wet" enough to where i can spread it all over my face and then it dries but its not an "ew" dry_ i have bangs my forehead has no actual zits ready to be popped but its like i have at least six very tiny bumps underneath my skin_ theyre so small only one pore is in them ive been able to squeeze a tiny bump or little thin string of nasty zitpuss out of them all but man these zits are the hardest to get rid of! i would love to not have bangs anymore but its so tough to not keep cuttin em! and my hair is so long i dont even wanna think how long itll be before my bangs "dont exist" anymore_ personally i used this stuff to death im surprised i didnt cut it opento get any more of it_ it feels moisturizing and will not dry you out it will just dry leave you feeling fresh and clean_ i dont think they put fragrance into this i think the smell it pleasant it is the gel making itself known as you put it on around your lips+on your chin+in your cheeks+on your forehead then its as if it all sinks and starts to fight off your acne the smell goes away and your skin is just clean and perfect_ i am sure they do this so you can put your moisturizer? primer? foundation? etc on top of it_ also calms down your skin i love when acen products do that_ takes a bit of the redness away_ wish a bit more product was included but when something i free i cant complain

Popular Treatments (Face)