November 25, 2014 | 1741 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by milo63108

This was awful! I'm surprised how much others seem to like this. I didn't find it moisturizing at all, or with the least bit of "shimmer." The color was OK, but that's about it. I was looking for something like the beeswax Burt's lip balm, but with a hint of color. This has a completely different texture, thin and almost gritty, and dries up on my lips in seconds.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by BrittyG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very rich burgundy color. It's really pretty. I wore this for my wedding because I didn't want to be touching up lipstick. This was a great alternative. I don't love this with my skin tone in the winter when I am pale, but it works much better in the summer time when I have a tiny bit of tan. The smell is great and I love the minty tingle. It has great lasting power for a lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by missyd915

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutly love this lipbalm-I have found my HG balm! I suffer with dry lips and i ahve to wear lipbalm always, even before lipstick which really bugs because i find it affects how the colour applies, so i am really glad to find a balm with enough moisture for my lips and a really good colour. This is becoming my staple and i think i will try the watermelon colour next.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 9:51:00 AM More reviews by BubsBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With this lip balm I loveeee how it feels. It make ur lips really nice and soft & the tingly feeling is cool. For me its the color that kills it. Im not a big fan of chapstick with coloring but I bought this just to try it out. If only the beeswax felt as good as this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a big fan of BB lip shimmers, and bought a few other shades before trying Rhubarb. However, this color was just a little too bright for my skin tone. It's a pretty mid-reddish pink (the name Rhubarb is appropriate for this color). I ended up losing mine but didn't mind that much :) I went back and got Watermelon, a lighter, cooler toned pink which works better on me. Rhubarb would look great on medium to darker skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by PinUpBlush

one of my favorite lip products! it's such a pretty medium pink, that appears almost natural on my golden light skin. love the scent (peppermint), the texture, how well it moisturizes and just about everything about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Mlssstaun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! I actually use it on my lips and cheeks with no ill-effects whatsoever. (i.e. The mint doesn't irritate and the formula doesn't break me out.) It's such a pretty peachy pink color and I love the formulations of the lip shimmers. I do admit that when my lips are a little dry, the mint does tingle and irritate a little but it's not enough or that often for me to stop using this. And it gives my cheeks such a nice glow! I have rhubarb, nutmeg and raisin and I love to mix and match those three in various ways for the prettiest color combinations. Raisin's a little too dark for me on its own but combined with rhubarb, it makes the prettiest deep rose. And nutmeg combined with rhurbarb makes a pretty shimmery coral color that's not too bright or too shimmery. I even mix all three together sometimes. And the price can't be beat!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by unche

I was really excited when I bought this! I had bought a nice tinted lip balm in Europe that I couldn't find in N.A. and I hoped this would be a good substitute. Also, I love tingly mint on my lips!

Alack...the colour is really much too heavy for this to be considered a lip balm. The rhubarb colour is great and makes a nice light lipstick. In fact, I may have repurchased this for that purpose if not for the painfully strong mint. It really did burn and masked any "balm" quality that may otherwise have been there.

Also, this was probably just bad luck, but the packaging of the one I bought was a little out of whack, so that I couldn't retact the lip balm back into the tube by turning the thing on the bottom; rather, I had to push it back in!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by misslove33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING product!!! This adds just the right amount of colour to wake up the face, but still look natural. I like to use this in the winter, when I tend to be a little more pale, and need the colour boost in my face. Plus, it's moisterizing, so it's great in the dry winter months. I use this under a sheer lip gloss and it helps stays on longer. Great price, great packaging, nice scent and feel on the lips, and perfect sheer colour!! This is a winter staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by fly2the_sky

This a great shade, a nice berry tint without shimmer. I wouldn't call this a tint though, although it's kind of sheer it's still pigmented like a lipstick.
I dab it on very lightly to get a stain that lasts for a few hours ... I find this to be a "healthy" shade that unless you pile it on, it looks really natural.