July 29, 2014 | 1269 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by missyd915

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutly love this lipbalm-I have found my HG balm! I suffer with dry lips and i ahve to wear lipbalm always, even before lipstick which really bugs because i find it affects how the colour applies, so i am really glad to find a balm with enough moisture for my lips and a really good colour. This is becoming my staple and i think i will try the watermelon colour next.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 9:51:00 AM More reviews by BubsBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With this lip balm I loveeee how it feels. It make ur lips really nice and soft & the tingly feeling is cool. For me its the color that kills it. Im not a big fan of chapstick with coloring but I bought this just to try it out. If only the beeswax felt as good as this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a big fan of BB lip shimmers, and bought a few other shades before trying Rhubarb. However, this color was just a little too bright for my skin tone. It's a pretty mid-reddish pink (the name Rhubarb is appropriate for this color). I ended up losing mine but didn't mind that much :) I went back and got Watermelon, a lighter, cooler toned pink which works better on me. Rhubarb would look great on medium to darker skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by PinUpBlush

one of my favorite lip products! it's such a pretty medium pink, that appears almost natural on my golden light skin. love the scent (peppermint), the texture, how well it moisturizes and just about everything about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Mlssstaun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! I actually use it on my lips and cheeks with no ill-effects whatsoever. (i.e. The mint doesn't irritate and the formula doesn't break me out.) It's such a pretty peachy pink color and I love the formulations of the lip shimmers. I do admit that when my lips are a little dry, the mint does tingle and irritate a little but it's not enough or that often for me to stop using this. And it gives my cheeks such a nice glow! I have rhubarb, nutmeg and raisin and I love to mix and match those three in various ways for the prettiest color combinations. Raisin's a little too dark for me on its own but combined with rhubarb, it makes the prettiest deep rose. And nutmeg combined with rhurbarb makes a pretty shimmery coral color that's not too bright or too shimmery. I even mix all three together sometimes. And the price can't be beat!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by unche

I was really excited when I bought this! I had bought a nice tinted lip balm in Europe that I couldn't find in N.A. and I hoped this would be a good substitute. Also, I love tingly mint on my lips!

Alack...the colour is really much too heavy for this to be considered a lip balm. The rhubarb colour is great and makes a nice light lipstick. In fact, I may have repurchased this for that purpose if not for the painfully strong mint. It really did burn and masked any "balm" quality that may otherwise have been there.

Also, this was probably just bad luck, but the packaging of the one I bought was a little out of whack, so that I couldn't retact the lip balm back into the tube by turning the thing on the bottom; rather, I had to push it back in!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by misslove33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING product!!! This adds just the right amount of colour to wake up the face, but still look natural. I like to use this in the winter, when I tend to be a little more pale, and need the colour boost in my face. Plus, it's moisterizing, so it's great in the dry winter months. I use this under a sheer lip gloss and it helps stays on longer. Great price, great packaging, nice scent and feel on the lips, and perfect sheer colour!! This is a winter staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by fly2the_sky

This a great shade, a nice berry tint without shimmer. I wouldn't call this a tint though, although it's kind of sheer it's still pigmented like a lipstick.
I dab it on very lightly to get a stain that lasts for a few hours ... I find this to be a "healthy" shade that unless you pile it on, it looks really natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp14326

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice lip balm. It smells and feels AMAZING. It has a tint to it, which is really pretty, just a little bit too dark for me (I'm a teenager, and I don't wear much makeup. I'm also very pale, so there is a lot of contrast between the lip color and my skin tone.) I'll probably wear this when I'm a little older, or for a special occasion.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by redbassguitar8817

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find that the product as a whole is amazing (100% natural, use of partial recycled packaging that looks adorable, not tested on animals, great price, etc.) So far, I have tried four colors in the Burt's Bees Shimmer lip line: raisin, this one (Rhubarb), Champagne, and watermelon. So far all of the colors look great on my skin tone with the exception of watermelon which I think looks like a very frosty pinky/red on me so I feel that I 'm stuck in the 80's when I wear that particular shade. But that is just me, I think someone with a more medium or olive skin tone it would look great on them. Also this product tends to streak and bleed if I put a lot on straight from the tube so a lip brush is needed. Which is not really a problem for me since I carry one around with me anyway.

1. Great Price.+1
2. Made out of 100% natural ingredients.+1
3. Not really a great color on me.+1
4. The product tends to streak and bleed if applied in a great quantity straight from the tube so a lip brush is needed, not really a problem for me but still -1
5. Not tested on animals.+1

Ingredients:
helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil. May contain: iron oxide, mica, carmine, titanium dioxide