LUSH Lip Service Lip Balm

3.9

Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Apricot Kernel Oil (Prunus armeniaca) , Glycerine , Beeswax (Cera alba) , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata) , Flavor , *Limonene , *Linalool

A staple for me. I'm on my 3rd tin. :) It leaves my lips soft and has the consistency of marshmallow fluff. Smells faintly of orange and has a creamy texture. Lip heaven for product junkies. A good buy- the tin lasts for months, as you only need to apply a smidge for soft lips.

on 8/27/2006 10:12:00 AM

Fantastic lipbalm. Lasts forever and does the job perfectly. Yes, it is hard when it's in the tin, but it mets against your finger and your lips. Also, mega-cheap.
I've tried tons of lipbalm - but this is the best and only one I would use. It actually moisturises your lips instead of leavig a nasty slick layer like a lot of other balms.

on 6/21/2006 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like this lip balm for overnight use. The smell is awesome. Some reviewers below have complained that it's too hard, but you are supposed to dig a bit out and warm it up (melt it) between your fingers before you apply. Voila! Not hard anymore. It's kinda lame that it "expires" after a year -- it takes me longer than that to finish a pot -- but other than that it's very effective.

on 5/24/2006 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Very moisturising without being greasy at all. It tends to be a bit hard, but I just scrape a bit off and once it touches my lips, it softens and smoothes out beautifully. You could also breathe on the bit you're using to soften it further.
The only thing I'm not crazy about is the scent, strange orangish but I'd buy it again because it's LUSH and it works well.

on 3/7/2006 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great balm, not too greasy, but leaves my lips soft and smooth. I took some lippies off because of the packaging.

on 2/21/2006 9:22:00 AM

I think Lush lipbalms are nothing for me. I'll stick with my Labello forever!
It comes in a tin and this makes it very hard to get some on your finger. It's best you leave it in your pockets so it stays warm and a bit soft.
Lip service didn't moisturise my lips at all. I even had the impression it even dried my lips out! Juck.

on 12/23/2005 10:22:00 AM

Lovely balm. Has a delicious honey-vanilla-cream scent. It is a bit hard to get out of the little pot it comes in but if you use the upper side of your nail and then massage it into your lips, it gives a very yummy-looking sheen and is VERY moisturising. WOuldn't buy again coz it's not my HG and I am a lip balm ADDICT- need new stuff all the time... ;O) Don't like the packagin for i generally prefer tubes- they are more hygenic!

on 10/27/2005 3:14:00 PM

Not worth the price.

It's hard to use unless it's the middle of summer - otherwise it is very hard, pasty and difficult to work into your lips.

Also doesn't seem to be that effective at protecting lips from dryness, I found myself constantly wanting to reapply because my lips felt even more chapped after using it.

on 10/18/2005 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great lip Balm! Love what it does for my lips. The smell is just wonderful. I do wish it was softer.

on 10/16/2005 6:39:00 AM

I have taken one lippie off because the consistency and texture is horrible. The balm is solid and grainy. Otherwise nothing beats this balm for dry chapped lips, if you can live without the gloss.

Popular Lip Treatments