MAC Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

on 12/3/2012 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Nc 30-35
First mac lipstick :)
I am at peace with this lover.
Pure perfection in a tube.

on 11/11/2012 9:02:00 PM

This is my power pink. I wear this baby when I prepare for war, or physics class. The pigmentation and feel of this lipstick is, hand over heart, nothing short of heavenly. I bought this on a whim, while shopping of my friend: the enabler. To be honest, had she not even been there, I likely would have made the purchase anyway. I had not, before this point, ever been a bold lipstick wearer, and now I can't get enough bold pinks, loud oranges, and bright hot reds. This lipstick was, allegorically, my gateway drug, I'm proud to say I'm addicted, so much so that I contemplated running back to Mac and purchasing another tube, despite knowing that it's part of the permanent range, and that as such it was unlikely going to be unavailable to me once my original tube runs out. The slip of Girl about Town is perfect. It has a creaminess to it that leaves my lift feeling like they are being caressed by cherubic angel wings, while not having so much slip as to feel like a gloss. This baby wears and wears, leaving my lips slightly stained afterwards so that it's bright and gorgeous even after a meal, which I love as I don't want to have to worry about touching up so often, and I get hungry roughly every 25 minutes. On rainy days [and sunny days and cloudy days and foggy days] I like to wear this lipstick love with dewy skin and a slick of mascara: gorgeous and effortless and posh and perfect. This darling makes me feel like a queen, and I'll definitely purchase it again.

on 11/2/2012 9:25:00 PM

I am asian with fair skin- I use number 030 in dior forever foundation- It's a really great hot pink color that brightens up the face, and though it's hot pink, the color is not neon-crazy which keeps it on the classy side instead of the trashy ;). It's a very chic pink color for those who are daring. really good to spice up the look. It lasts quite well and not drying. definitely a good color to wear about town ;)

on 10/23/2012 12:06:00 PM

I love this lippy. The colour is gorgeous!!!! Goes well with my nc25 skintone. Great colour payoff. I just put a bit of a clear gloss over it. Very chic and feminine. Well worth the price. My fave finish is the amplified range

on 10/21/2012 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

First I saw this lipstick on Gwen Stefani and I figured it was something only pale girls could carry off. Not an NC 40 match like me.
Then I saw it on Beyonce.
And then on Penelope Cruz.
That did it. I finally decided THIS would be the lipstick I got with my first Back2MAC - better a bold colour for free than a bold colour you paid for and never used, right?
I'm so very happy with my decision. Applied by itself it is a bright, smooth, unapologetic fuchsia which fades to a dark pink lip tint by the end of the day.
Of course it's an attention seeking, playful (almost naughty) colour - if you're one of those girls who'll never stray away from rosy nudes, I'm telling you now that this is not for the faint of lip.
It is however unbelievably wearable - you can look pretty and feminine, as well as angsty and contrary, depending on how much you apply.
On me - a happily brown girl with pigmented lips - one layer is enough for the office. One layer with a lipglass (MAC Fresh Air) waters it down and makes it more reflective. One layer over a nude base (NYX Chocolate Jumbo Pencil or MAC A Perfect Day) results in a warmer bubblegum pink lip that is hard to find for deeper complexions.
There's a reason so many women have loved Girl About Town. It's such a clever pink. Edge and class all at once. And easier to work with than you'd ever imagine. Don't be afraid to try it.

on 10/18/2012 11:36:00 AM

My all time favourite MAC lipcolour. It is everything you would expect from a MAC lipstick:

- Top Quality Pigments
- Easy Application
- Smooth
- Non Drying
- Bright
- Long Lasting

on 10/18/2012 2:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

Girl About Town looks like a hot raspberry magenta on me, which pulls garish next to my pale skin. I have other "hot pinks" that are more flattering.

on 10/4/2012 12:25:00 PM

I LOVE this lipstick. Feels great on my lips, long wearing, amazing color!!, and of course has the best original mac vanilla smell/taste.

on 9/16/2012 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is my everyday lipstick, I wear it as a stain and it lasts so long and wears so well, that I only need to touch up once during the day. The color is GORGEOUS on my PPP, neutral-leaning-yellow (sallow) skintone. I can't sing the praises highly enough for how much I Iove this fushcia pink color. I feel pretty and happy when I put it on, and it brightens up my whole face. I usually pair it with my usual black mascara and a shimmery neutral eyeshadow wash. One small issue is that I can't figure out a good blush to pair it with!

This is a nice bright colour that stays on and is worth it. I love all my mac lipsticks!!

Recommended for Medium Skin