April 18, 2014 | 916 users online

Treatments - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by DrZoidberg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had adult acne for many years now and I rate this as one of the best topical treatments I have tried (and I've tried a lot). I get cystic acne on my chin - the kind that hurt and rarely come to a head. Now let me say, Cleanance K is not perfect. But no topical I've tried is! This tends to work best when I apply morning and night, AND when I'm also on a good birth control pill. Without the pill controlling my hormones internally, this is less effective. Right now, I am on BCP and I find Cleanance K really good, and an essential part of my skincare routine. At certain times of the month, I can see/feel acne forming underneath my skin. My skin gets slightly irritated, a little red. If I put this on, I can calm the inflammation within 24 hours, sometimes less. The pimples do not form. I will sometimes apply 3 times a day if I feel acne coming, with no problems. When I first started using this, my acne actually worsened. I'm pretty sure I experienced a purge, so do be warned. It improved in a couple of weeks. The ingredients include a blend of BHA and AHA but I don't find this too strong at all. It is probably the inclusion of Avene's famous thermal spring water which makes this feel very gentle and soothes my skin. I find Cleanance K quite good to wear under makeup also. It does help control oil a little, although not quite as well as its sister product - Avene Cleanance Anti Shine lotion. Great tube packaging - very practical and a little product goes a long way. Easy 5 lippies from me and I will be repurchasing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by CeeSan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My brother was using this and told me to try it. It works really well, has a lotion-like consistency that dries and turns into a gel-like film. I use it before bed or when I'm at home, clears most of my pimples within a day or less, a couple of days for the stubborn disasters. Only problem is that its a bit too strong, and seems to burn/scab the stubborn pimples away. And has left me with marks after they heal. I have bought this again, bc it works

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by wonderblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has not helped with my spots and mild acne at all, however what it does do is exfoliate my skin. I think it is a little too harsh for me to use every night as I have been noticing a peeling effect around my temples when I apply makeup. Overall this isn't exceptional, but it's alright. Don't think I will be repurchasing this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by RhianNoot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT 4/6/2011:
I've taken 2 lippies off as I stopped using this last week after slowly upping my usage to every evening. The 'purging' has never cleared, in fact it got worse, and I seem completely unable to get rid of the spots and clogged pores this caused despite adding in a spot treatment and tailoring my blend of cleansing oils to accommodate my changing skin. I'm now back on mandelic acid every evening and a good moisturiser in the morning but it is making little difference, I've gone from almost clear skin with a few blocked pores to chin full of pimples and clogged pores all over my cheeks, nose and forehead all of which are proving impossible to shift.

Original review 2/11/2011:
Currently I'm in two minds regarding this product and it is likely a little unfair of me to review it already as I've only been using it for a couple of weeks but my skin is now in the worst condition it has ever been in. I suppose you would put it down to 'purging' (though I'm not sure that skin works in that way), my chin is now covered in bumps with the occasional whitehead making an appearance and I have the same bumps and a cluster of blackheads in the hollows of my cheekbones which I've never had before.
I used to use mandelic acid to clear my blackheads but in the UK you can only order it online from one company and I had hoped this would basically do the same job but be more accessible. I had been using this every morning and forgoing moisturiser until the evening but given the current condition of my skin I'll be switching my routine up a bit and using this every other evening, adding back in mandelic acid for the nights in between (to help lessen the breakouts) and using a good moisturiser in the mornings.

I don't hate this product - the consistency is nice, the smell not too bad and the tingle when you put it on is actually quite satisfying - I just hope the breakout is part of the process rather than the result, I shall stick with it a while longer and update this review as things change.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by kennymoron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, I'm currently in love with this product because it seems that it's working very well for my skin. I have many little acne spots (not cystic acne though) on my cheek and lots of bumpy, little annoying whiteheads on my forehead and chin. I was a bit desperate w/ my skin condition because it wasn't like this. I used to have smooth and spot free skin back in my hometown Jakarta, Indonesia because I regularly go to the dermatologist and I use their skincare product.

However, since I move to Hong Kong my face started acting out, it seems that my skincare routine from my old dermatologist isn't suitable here. My skin broke out and have lots of acne spots. I know glycolic acid works best for me to get rid of acne but I haven't found OTC product with glycolic acid that works well for me. I tried several brands but it's just not that good (or not working).

Accidentally I found this product, bought it on a whim (together w/ diacneal), use it on the morning and night (my face is not sensitive and I use glycolc acid and AHA BHA product before, so I think my skin use to it already) and in just 2 days, my face improve quite significantly. Yes, it stings when you apply but it'll go away after a while. Some of my acne spots are fading, the little white bumps on my forehead are decreasing and my skin feel smoother. I didn't even wear concealer to the office this morning (usually I wear LOTS and LOTS of concealer to cover the spots), just foundation and I feel okay! My skin is a bit flaky but nothing that I can't handle.

My skincare routine: After I cleanse my face, I spray it with avene thermal water, use vit C serum, eye cream, Cleanance K (whole face and neck), diacneal (only on problem areas) and sunscreen (in the morning only).

So far so good, I will update the review for the progress. If you know that glycolic acid, or AHA BHA treatment is suitable for you, I truly recommend this product! (the price is quite OK too, I bought it for HKD190 or around USD25)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by MissKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this locally whenever I get spots and find it works really well. I apply after exfoliating and cleansing, and yes, there is a bit of tingling but I like that because I feel like it's working. It does get rid of spots very quickly but I don't know if it's because I use too much of it or do it too often but I will get general redness sometimes, I think because it works hard to get spots it is a bit harsh on normal skin. I can fix the redness with a bit of the Avene recovery cream though and it's fine :) Am interested to know if any one puts this all over their whole face? How do you use it?

Will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Minelli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product to have on its own I believe, for skin that is mixed tending to oily and acne prone. I'm scatterbrain and often don't follow procedures, but using this alone (the chest gets this treatment because, oh well it's cold at night to wash it properly, yes that lazy) and there's a visible difference the next day! Everything that is wrong is a bit tamer. It's a bit drying though, so I use the hydration product to counter it.

By far, my favourite of the Cleanance line. Of course that will buy again and I hardly thing there will be anything that will work for me as much as this did.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by bagpuss21

I got a sample of this from boots and started to use it the same night, I washed my face as normal and applied it before going to bed...avoiding my eye and lip area. I was hoping for a chemical exfoliant effect and thats what i got. It did tinkle and sting a little (only on spots though) but i liked that feeling becouse it made me fell it was doing something. The next morning i washed my face and my skin looked brighter and felt softer...my spots where also alot better. I only use this at night, i couldnt imagine using this in the day under make up becouse its a strange feeling on your skin. I think its fab and after buying the full size of this and using it for 3 weeks now i am hooked, pores are smaller, tone is more even, dead skin gone and blackheads are less. Thumbs up all round from me..It was about 13 for the full size...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by comma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Okay, let me just say I had tried this product before and I was not super impressed but it worked well enough that I decided to try it again. I bought a new tube just over a month ago, and this time it said "new formula" on the package. New formula, indeed! The texture has been much improved. It is not as sticky as the old formula, nor does it flake so much after applying (I have successfully worn this during the day under liquid foundation, which is something I never would have attempted with the old formula). This new formula is definitely much more pleasant to use. It still has a bit of a scent. I wouldn't say it's bad...but it's not pretty or anything. It doesn't bother me though and it doesn't last for long. Because of the AHA/BHA, this product can sting a little bit once applied, but again, it doesn't last long and my skin has been building a tolerance for it.

Well, does it work? I have been using this product every night (more or less) for about a month now and I have definitely seen an improvement in my skin. My pores are smaller, my skin looks smoother, and my overall skintone is more even. I still get the occasional breakout but this seems to be keeping things at bay. I think it's working! Especially on my blackheads. This is pretty amazing, as nothing seems to get rid of them! I will keep using and update later :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by psicossomatica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using diacneal for 4 months and decided to try another AHA that feels more gentle in my skin.
Well it really do, it didnt make my skin reddish and no disconfort sensation as diacneal did after apply it,
but i didnt have the same good results on my skin (pores sizes, lovely skin texture, blackheads of my nose almost gone).
Now i came back to diacnel and use Cleanance K as a good
moisturizer /primer before makeup when i need.
Ideal as a maintenance product rather than a treatment.