October 31, 2014 | 1370 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Kati3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have only used this for a few days so far and only at night after cleansing. I think it would be too 'sticky' to use under loose mineral makeup. Doesn't sting apart from pimples.
My skin does feel amazing in the morning - soft, smooth etc but it doesn't LOOK amazing (yet?!), although my nose pores in particular are much smaller and clean.
Will update after a few weeks, so far will stick with this and see if I get more results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i'm using the new reforumlated version. (i did not try the old one so i can't compare them)
i only use it as a night treatment since it has several acids in it and i religiously apply something with an spf during the day because of those acids.
in the time i've used it (over half a year, i'm on my second tube), my pores are far less blocked and painful inflammations have stopped bothering me.
this does not dry out my skin at all, but i haven't noticed any moisturizing effect either so i have to use a moisturizer during winter when my skin gets dehydrated because of the cold.
it does sting slightly upon application, but only in the places where i have pimples. it does help heal existing ones, but only slightly. its biggest advantage, in my opinion, is that it prevents future ones from appearing.
i wouldn't call it mattifying, but this is no drawback for me since i use it only before i go to sleep.
the texture is somewhat dense, but creamy and not dry at all.
also, a little goes a long way. the first 40 ml tube lasted about 6 months, with daily application. i've just started using the second one this week.
i'm not sure how this would work for those with very sensitive skin since i wouldn't classify it as a very mild product. however, it hasn't made me break out and it hasn't caused any allergic reactions on my skin, which is only slightly sensitive

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Holamandy

I'm using the new formula version of Cleanance K and it's actually quite good! it doesn't sting or irritate my skin like the older version. It also moisturizes my oily combination acne prone skin very well! I normally apply this and skip moisturizer

I've been using it for a week and the purging was alright, at most 5 whiteheads or pus filled pimples will surface per day. Not those red and angry kinds of pimples just..white stuff...not sure what they are called. I normally just squeeze them a little with tissue paper and stick a nexcare 3m pimple patch and everything's gone by the following morning.

I've been fighting clogged pores for more then 3 months and this product is a life saver, it brings all the dirt trapped below my skin to the surface and unlike other products,once the trapped dirt is out the bump/pimple/clogged pore won't be there anymore.

My skin is a lot smoother and my brown scars are fading (very slowly).

Overall very good product, stick to it for a while without switching products and it will definitely help!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Laurafergs

I've had a tube of this for about a year now (finally getting towards the end) and i use it as a spot treatment. I'm not a big fan of the texture - the gel-like formula feels a little silicone-y to me, which creeps me out. However, powering through that icky feeling does produce results. I usually leave it on at night when I feel a pimple is about to rear its head. I've found that for me it works best if i apply it after I've cleaned and toned but before moisturizer. I think it breaks me out if I put it on after it certainly seems to make the pimple worse. It is a really hard core product - I've heard of people on MUA putting it on their entire face which I would never be able to do - it stings like crap! At least if it stings when I put it on a pimple I know its working. Still, I've noticed that Avene's recently reformulated this product, so maybe it will be a bit more gentle. It's also a bit expensive but seems to last a long time for me, so I'll probably repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Tali7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this about 8 months ago to try and shift my blackheads and clogged pores. 8 months later and I still have blackheads and clogged pores - cleanance k has done nothing to help whatsoever! I just use it about twice a week now (I used to use it more but it aggravated my sensitive skin) as a chemical exfoliant. This gives my skin a nice 'glow' which is why I've given it 3 lippies, but I wouldn't rec it for someone who wanted rid of clogged pores etc - something with a higher % of AHAs and BHAs would help more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by DrZoidberg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had adult acne for many years now and I rate this as one of the best topical treatments I have tried (and I've tried a lot). I get cystic acne on my chin - the kind that hurt and rarely come to a head. Now let me say, Cleanance K is not perfect. But no topical I've tried is! This tends to work best when I apply morning and night, AND when I'm also on a good birth control pill. Without the pill controlling my hormones internally, this is less effective. Right now, I am on BCP and I find Cleanance K really good, and an essential part of my skincare routine. At certain times of the month, I can see/feel acne forming underneath my skin. My skin gets slightly irritated, a little red. If I put this on, I can calm the inflammation within 24 hours, sometimes less. The pimples do not form. I will sometimes apply 3 times a day if I feel acne coming, with no problems. When I first started using this, my acne actually worsened. I'm pretty sure I experienced a purge, so do be warned. It improved in a couple of weeks. The ingredients include a blend of BHA and AHA but I don't find this too strong at all. It is probably the inclusion of Avene's famous thermal spring water which makes this feel very gentle and soothes my skin. I find Cleanance K quite good to wear under makeup also. It does help control oil a little, although not quite as well as its sister product - Avene Cleanance Anti Shine lotion. Great tube packaging - very practical and a little product goes a long way. Easy 5 lippies from me and I will be repurchasing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by CeeSan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My brother was using this and told me to try it. It works really well, has a lotion-like consistency that dries and turns into a gel-like film. I use it before bed or when I'm at home, clears most of my pimples within a day or less, a couple of days for the stubborn disasters. Only problem is that its a bit too strong, and seems to burn/scab the stubborn pimples away. And has left me with marks after they heal. I have bought this again, bc it works

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by wonderblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has not helped with my spots and mild acne at all, however what it does do is exfoliate my skin. I think it is a little too harsh for me to use every night as I have been noticing a peeling effect around my temples when I apply makeup. Overall this isn't exceptional, but it's alright. Don't think I will be repurchasing this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by RhianNoot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT 4/6/2011:
I've taken 2 lippies off as I stopped using this last week after slowly upping my usage to every evening. The 'purging' has never cleared, in fact it got worse, and I seem completely unable to get rid of the spots and clogged pores this caused despite adding in a spot treatment and tailoring my blend of cleansing oils to accommodate my changing skin. I'm now back on mandelic acid every evening and a good moisturiser in the morning but it is making little difference, I've gone from almost clear skin with a few blocked pores to chin full of pimples and clogged pores all over my cheeks, nose and forehead all of which are proving impossible to shift.

Original review 2/11/2011:
Currently I'm in two minds regarding this product and it is likely a little unfair of me to review it already as I've only been using it for a couple of weeks but my skin is now in the worst condition it has ever been in. I suppose you would put it down to 'purging' (though I'm not sure that skin works in that way), my chin is now covered in bumps with the occasional whitehead making an appearance and I have the same bumps and a cluster of blackheads in the hollows of my cheekbones which I've never had before.
I used to use mandelic acid to clear my blackheads but in the UK you can only order it online from one company and I had hoped this would basically do the same job but be more accessible. I had been using this every morning and forgoing moisturiser until the evening but given the current condition of my skin I'll be switching my routine up a bit and using this every other evening, adding back in mandelic acid for the nights in between (to help lessen the breakouts) and using a good moisturiser in the mornings.

I don't hate this product - the consistency is nice, the smell not too bad and the tingle when you put it on is actually quite satisfying - I just hope the breakout is part of the process rather than the result, I shall stick with it a while longer and update this review as things change.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by kennymoron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Okay, I'm currently in love with this product because it seems that it's working very well for my skin. I have many little acne spots (not cystic acne though) on my cheek and lots of bumpy, little annoying whiteheads on my forehead and chin. I was a bit desperate w/ my skin condition because it wasn't like this. I used to have smooth and spot free skin back in my hometown Jakarta, Indonesia because I regularly go to the dermatologist and I use their skincare product.

However, since I move to Hong Kong my face started acting out, it seems that my skincare routine from my old dermatologist isn't suitable here. My skin broke out and have lots of acne spots. I know glycolic acid works best for me to get rid of acne but I haven't found OTC product with glycolic acid that works well for me. I tried several brands but it's just not that good (or not working).

Accidentally I found this product, bought it on a whim (together w/ diacneal), use it on the morning and night (my face is not sensitive and I use glycolc acid and AHA BHA product before, so I think my skin use to it already) and in just 2 days, my face improve quite significantly. Yes, it stings when you apply but it'll go away after a while. Some of my acne spots are fading, the little white bumps on my forehead are decreasing and my skin feel smoother. I didn't even wear concealer to the office this morning (usually I wear LOTS and LOTS of concealer to cover the spots), just foundation and I feel okay! My skin is a bit flaky but nothing that I can't handle.

My skincare routine: After I cleanse my face, I spray it with avene thermal water, use vit C serum, eye cream, Cleanance K (whole face and neck), diacneal (only on problem areas) and sunscreen (in the morning only).

So far so good, I will update the review for the progress. If you know that glycolic acid, or AHA BHA treatment is suitable for you, I truly recommend this product! (the price is quite OK too, I bought it for HKD190 or around USD25)