December 19, 2014 | 1093 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by slatka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

For most of my life, I kept using drugstore mascaras. Finally one day, I decided to try Benefit's They're Real mascara. I really liked the mascara, the separation of my lashes was amazing. However, I found that it only provided length and not enough volume. My natural eyelashes are very long (my bottom ones not so much), but are very sparse and light (even though I am a natural brunette and have dark eyebrows!) I love mascaras that give me a lot of volume and are super dark, since I am a huge fan of dramatic eyelashes at all times. When I finally finished my Benefit mascara, I asked the beauty advisor at SDM to recommend a mascara for me. She recommended Lancome Hypnose. Even though I felt it was a bit pricey (I paid $31 + tax), I gave in. At first I didn't like the mascara and thought it didn't give me any special results. However, once I kept using the mascara more and more I grew to really like it. I guess the older it became the better it was. The mascara is wet which I absolutely love, I can't stand dry mascaras. I have pretty sensitive eyes and this mascara never makes my eyes itch or water. It also doesn't flake throughout the day, even though I am sometimes wearing it for 12 hours straight or more! The mascara makes my very long but thin eyelashes look amazing! It nearly doubles them in length. With this mascara on, my eyelashes almost touch my eyebrows! It even lengthens my bottom lashes which look pretty sad without any mascara on! I had my engagement party not too long ago and decided to try this mascara with a primer on. The primer I used was from one of those double-ended mascaras that L'Oreal made (I forgot the name of it, but the primer end is an ivory-white color whereas the mascara end was blue). I put several coats of the primer one, waited them to try a bit and put at least 5 layers of Lancome Hypnose over. I couldn't believe the results. Considering how much mascara I piled on, there were absolutely no clumps and my lashes were soooo long and incredibly thick. I was shocked. I had several people at my engagement party ask me if I was wearing falsies and someone even said that they thought I was wearing the Ardell double-up lashes! I'm really happy with this mascara and as long as my wallet permits it, I'll continue to buy it. Definitely try pairing it up with the primer for more drama for a special occasion. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Frankers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I continue to go back to this mascara, no matter what others I try. I love it!

I will say though, do not mistake it with "Hypnose Doll Eyes" and buy that one instead. My boyfriend bought that one by accident for me, instead of just Hypnose, and it was not worth the money at all. Hypnose all the way!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by chloejayemua

I am in love with this mascara! As a long term user of Maybelline mascaras, I found Maybelline formulas to be dry and flakey. Lancôme Hypnose is smudge proof, buildable for fantastic volume and holds curl. My lashes look twice as big with this mascara and I swear that my lashes have grown and have more natural curl since making the change. Totally converted!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So my bf's mom gave me a whole bunch of mascaras to try out from lancome and tarte. Out of all the mascaras she gave me from lancome, this one was by far the worst. Clumped the second I put it on my lashes. The formula is quite wet so I don't understand how it clumps so badly. Every time I put it on I end up with little balls of product at the tips of my lashes, and if I try to comb them out they just don't come out. I have to remove them my pinching them off. This is possibly one of the worst mascaras I've ever used. I've tried drugstore mascaras at $6 better than this $27 mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by crystalbluex

I've tried so many mascaras out there but found Hypnose to be in my top 3. Only the original Hypnose and not the other variances. I find that this lengths and thickens my lashes and lasts all day. Other mascaras tend to clog and flake off after a few hours. I'm a heavy makeup user and wear full makeup from 8am until late at night, and this is the only mascara that's proven to stick with me! I also recommend "They're Real" by Benefit if looking for a cheaper option.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Sarahlovesfashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have started to use a few products from the lancome skincare and had started to like it a lot ! Since my skincare experience was going great I figured why not take a LIL plunge on the make up side ! Unfortunately hypnose mascara was my first gamble that I lost all in all ! Now I have to say that the outer packaging is pretty and looks like its a product from the high end line ! Once you open the mascara container that kind of looks Like an hourglass bottle you realize two things ! 1) the product is just smothered on the brush with absolutely no mechanism to control the amount of product THT should actually adhere to the brush when taken out to use ! That being said once the wand is out its a uphill battle to get rid of extreme amount of mascara cream that's slathered all over the ( now get ready for this one ) brush ! I understand the concept of. A chic mascara container but boy the brush however that should have been made functional is almost a copy of the bottle ! It looks almost slight s shape in form that really epically fails it to perform ! Our eyes and the last placement is certainly not in " s " shape then why this damn brush ! Not only that you notice this really heavy mascara scent that's usually found in all mascaras but this one is a bit offensive and sharp ! Once you try to apply this irregular shaped want with probably 1/2 of the mascara cream slathered on it onto your eyes it make it's into an uncontrollable creamy mess that's very hard to clean up and distribute ! If you wear false lashes the cream is so heavy it weighs them down making them saggy and unable to curl !the only great thing about this mascara is the catchy tv commercial and the RETURN RECEIPT ! Other than that save your money and stick with maybelline illegal length followed by nars larger than life volumizing mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by JohnnyMakeup

This made me fall in love with mascaras all over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by MsElla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I've tried what feels like hundreds of mascaras, and this is by far my favorite. The packaging is nice, and the product doesn't smudge or irritate my eyes (I'm a contact lens wearer). Hypnose doesn't give a ton of volume, but it does add amazing, clump-free length. I've gone through three tubes and will repurchase in the future. For someone who's always on the lookout for the next best mascara, that says a lot!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been my favorite mascara recently! It comes in a cool container, apart from the usual mascara containers. But this makes my eyelashes a bit longer and I love how it doesn't clump them up! This would be great for those who have full eyelashes!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by tiara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I did like this mascara, but at £21 it certainly isn't better than Clinique or max factor - so I'll stick with those!