Shiseido Facial Cotton

4.8

on 11/13/2011 6:05:00 PM

These cotton pads are great for applying toner, removing eye makeup, and removing nail polish.

1 cotton pad is enough to remove nail polish for at least 5 nails. The absorbancy and resilience is that great! The filaments don't get stretched out and sticky, great for nail polish removing.

This cotton pad is super soft and gentle enough to remove eye makeup. I put a few drops of Lancome bi-ficil eye makeup remover and just let it rest on my eyelid for a few seconds, this removes all eyeshadow and eyeliner in 1 sweep. I just go back to do my mascara seperately, still using the same cotton pad. I can use the same one to do both eyes. This is now well the cotton pad holds its shape!

I am curious to see how this compares to the Chanel le coton. I will repuchasing this one to compare... but I am never going back to drug store cotton pads!

on 11/13/2011 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

These cotton pads make every bit of morning/nightly clean up so easy. No little fuzzies stuck to face or lashes. Not abrassive to sensitive skin either.

on 11/9/2011 1:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I use to use these religiously. I really do think these are way better than the drug store brand. However, I discovered very similar cotton pads from my local Japanese dollar store. For $1.50 I get just the same amount of cotton pads. Are the $1.50 ones just as good as Shiseido's? No. But it comes pretty darn close. If you don't have one of these Japanese stores that stock items directly from Japan near you, I would say that the Shiseido cotton pads are definitely worth the splurge. However, if you happen to live near one of these stores, check it out. There's no particular Japanese brand I'm faithful to, I've tried different manufacturers - I have found that this type of quality and softness is pretty prevalent in Japanese cotton pads.

on 11/9/2011 12:38:00 AM

Its worth to put few extra dollars towards this ! It's simply amazing!! And you only need one to get the job done compared to other once (depending on what your using it for), but it is great great product! Never buy another cotton again! Try it you will love it!

on 10/24/2011 12:35:00 PM

Who knew cotton could be so awesome? This cotton is so soft (wonderful for delicate and/or sensitive skin) and utilizes product more efficiently than any other cotton I've tried. I also believe these cottons remove makeup more thoroughly than regular rounds and do not leave little stray cotton shards behind. I most often use these to remove eye makeup and one pad (actually, even 1/2 a pad if I'm feeling frugal) will thoroughly remove makeup from both eyes (and I wear waterproof mascara). When I use regular drugstore cotton pads, I end up using way more makeup remover b/c they soak up too much of the product & there isn't enough left to do its job. I think you could also easily use these cottons to distribute product to your face (toner, serums, etc.) without worrying about wasting product. I honestly did not realize how wonderful these cottons are until I was in a pinch & bought drugstore cotton rounds (and I thought I picked up nicer ones!). I think they are absolutely worth the extra price, especially since I wear makeup every day.

on 10/16/2011 8:15:00 PM

I never thought I would write a review about cotton but this is the best. When you use the cheapy ones, you need several get to what one of these will do. A definite rebuy!

on 9/29/2011 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great durablilty, it holds up removing my microdelivery peels from philosphy. large size allows good application of toner or serums. i just wish it had a resealable bag for better storage.

on 9/29/2011 1:25:00 AM

Not much to say other than it is the best facial cotton you can buy. It makes drugstore facial cotton seem like a combination of cardboard and sandpaper. You can't go back once you start using these. I mean, you will literally refuse to use anything else.
The price is completely justified and actually reasonable, you get a massive amount and the quality will blow your mind. You spend a lot of time, money and effort on your skin, why would you be cheap with something that physically rubs your face? Needless to say, I absolutely love them.
The only (minor) problem is the packaging, it's like a maxi pad bag and can't be resealed. I wish I could get them in the lovely box in the photo.

on 9/29/2011 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've seen these for a couple of years now and decided to finally get it. I was one of those people that thought that the usual cotton balls/ pads from the drugstore were fine and that these weren't necessary.

Well, I bought it as an impulse buy one day and it was the best thing I've ever bought~! I heard that these were great for the toner products because they absorb less of the product, and the claim is true. I've used less of a toner bottle because of this.

This thing is great for applying liquid skincare items. Although it says cotton, it's not very absorbent so I wouldn't use it to dry something up.

on 9/29/2011 12:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Ok, most people bring up the price (about $ 10) for a pack of these. Sure, you can find cotton at the drugstore for $ 3 but that is an 80 count bag. In this package you get around 160-170. So, it is a few bucks more but not dramatic. The quality is great. Recently I had to pick up some cotton rounds at the drug store because I wasn't near a shiseido counter, and I notice that I have more dead skin on my face which is effecting my foundation. That sounds gross I know, but I think these cottons lightly exfoliated my skin which the cheap drugstore ones are not. I cannot prove this but I have noticed and that is all I have changed. After I use these up I may go back to the Shiseido brand or perhaps try some other brands from over seas as I believe Japan makes the best facial cottons so far that I have used.

Popular Face Skincare Products