MAC Dollymix

4.4

I have NC25 skin tone and this made me look like I was out in the sun for 10 hours. It is more of a reddish pink than a soft pink. If you're looking for a soft natural pink, I'd go for pink swoon. This goes on very very heavily and you can easily look like a clown and very "done" up / "caked" on and overall make your makeup look disorganized.

on 4/12/2011 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Love this color, its a bright cool toned hot pink, which sounds scary but it looks very pretty on the skin and its a sheer tone blush so its not overly pigmented and is very buildable. Its got a nice sheen to it thats not really frosty. One of my top favorite blushes. The texture is nice (not as nice as nars, but nice) I got this because I've heard this is a lot of models favorite blushes (I.e. holly Madison and this one import car model) and I love it myself. I think it looks good on many skintones especially tan skin.
LASTING POWER:
Good but not as good as nars but wayy better then most blushes I have tried. Has good pigmentation for a sheer tone blush. Probably lasts a good 7-8 hours on me and subtly wears off.
Love the name too, dollymix sounds so cute and catchy lol. Only downfall is that this blush is kinda pricey for what it is, its awesome don't get me wrong and I would repurchase but I think $13-$14 is more reasonable. Its one of my more fun blushes and I smile everytime I use it (im more of a warm toned rosy or tan blush fan usually)

on 4/8/2011 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Very pretty pink. Very bright so you have to use a LITTLE bit! My coloring is NC20, even if I used this every day for 5 years, I may never hit pan, thats how little I have to use!

on 3/30/2011 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was quite shocked when the sales assistant tried this blusher on me it looked soo bright in the pan i was a little scared to see the outcome lol. but it looked really good, its quite a natural blush. Its extremely pigmented so i only use a little and blend it out so i can imagine this lasting me a very very long time. it is sliiightly too red for me though, i do really like this blush and i will continue to use it and repurchase but i would like to try find a pinkier one. i have yellow undertones and i find that products tend to look quite bright on my skin and turn easily orange too. Ive read alot of reviews about this blusher and alot have mentioned the shimmer, and honestly ive not even noticed the shimmer in it, i usually hate shimmer and glitter the lot but its no issue for me with this blusher. i would definately repurchase its a really lovely natural looking blush i can imagine it looking great on alot of skin tones.

I have had this blush since 2007 and have not even made a dent in it yet despite the frequency that I use it! This is a perfect pink blush for a pop of colour on the cheeks. It would suit anyone from the fairest of skintones to the darkest. I would buy this again should I ever run out which I highly doubt!

on 3/2/2011 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Dollymix was too red for me, it was my first pink blush. It's a medium reddish pink with shimmer. I don't really see the blue undertone some say it has. If you have any bit of pink in your skintone it totally makes it stand out giving u a sunburned look. Even when I was super tan I didn't love it, it looked so stupid on me. My skin ranges from medium to tan and I could never get it to work. I have a mix of yellow/pink undertones so maybe thats why. I prefer neutral candy pinks much more now that I tried this bush. I do regret buying it.

on 2/28/2011 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I feel like this blush is just too shimmery. You can matte it down by applying powder foundation, but I don't know I'm not a fan of this much shimmer. This would be a great blush for the summer though. Nice color but not for me.

on 2/26/2011 4:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my holy grail blush!!! I first tried this out in September from my cousin, and then bought it a few weeks later. It was my first MAC blush, and I thought it was a bit pricey, but I just had to get it. It is such a gorgeous bright pink with light shimmer. It may be a dramatic color, but if you apply it with a light hand then it's beautiful. I wear it every day and haven't found a blush I like as much. Sometimes I wear it lightly, and other times really dramatic. I've had it almost six months and it was my best purchase! :D

on 2/25/2011 10:56:00 PM

A beautiful, highly pigmented blush. When applied with a light hand, gives a nice pink/fuchsia flush, and a heavier hand gives an intense pop of color. It also has a very subtle, cool-toned shimmer. Definitely purchase it, the color and the effect are suited for the "bright" trend this spring.

This was one of the first blushes I ever bought, and I still return to it. Would be a 5 lippie product, but I had to subtract one because the clear plastic part of my cover pops out randomly. Shouldn't be surprising, as I've found most MAC packaging to be pretty cheap, and to even have the same flaw... but still annoying.

on 2/25/2011 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Ok i finally broke down and bought Dollymix. Iv'e tried it on many times , each time i walked away from the counter unsure about it. I finally bought it and i'm very satisfied. I won't use it as a daytime blush, there are some shimmer in there that i would preffer to display at night rather than at the office. nc 45 skin for reff. If your darker than nc 45 you can still use it.

Top Rated MAC Products