MAC Blankety

4.1

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Blankety is pretty understated...it's not an in-your-face kind of lipstick at all, which makes it great for wearing at work or when you want something that's subtle and just completes your look. On my skin tone it appears as a slight pink-mauve toned colour. It's not too dark, not too light. The amplified formula is so smooth and creamy, looks great on the lips.

on 2/4/2012 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is a beautiful nude lipcolor with cool pink undertones. My skin ranges from about NC30-NC37 with olive undertones and this color is really pretty on, complementing my cool coloring. I thought cherish from MAC was my perfect nude, but this shade definitely rivals it (Cherish has more brownie undertones). The amplified finish makes this lipstick very creamy and opaque and moisturizing. I'm so glad I swapped for it! However, I do have fairest nude from L'oreal and they're virtually identical on- swatched on the hand they look slightly different, but once applied fairest nude is an amazing dupe. The only real difference is that fairest nude is not as pigmented so you have to apply a few more times to get the same saturation of color. It's funny bc when I wore fairest nude my lesbian (very sporty, non-girly) friend commented that my lips looked great and when I wore blankety my husband (very sporty, non-girly lol) also commented that my lipstick color was very nice- these comments coming from two ppl I know have no interest in make-up assure me that this shade is good on me! ha! I'm still glad I have both shades, but if you're on a budget or already have fairest nude, then you definitely don't need blankety. However, if you are choosing between the two, I'd go for blankety bc I feel you end up using fairest nude more quickly since you need to apply more to get the same pay-off- you end up spending about the same when you really do the math. I'll definitely be repurchasing blankety.

on 1/15/2012 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I'm an NC 25 and have been looking for the best nude lipstick that wouldn't make me look ill or like i had white lips, so after trying out many this was the one that was the perfect nude for my skin tone, definitely the only nude I will ever need. Very happy indeed :)!

on 12/19/2011 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Earlier I wrote a bad review for Blankety but now that I truly understand my skin coloring and nude lipsticks (been doing a lot of trial and error and internet research) ILOVE it. It is a perfect nude for my skin tone... just slightly darker than my natural lip. It has just the right amount of pink to make it not look like concealer. It is very similar to honeylove so If you don't want matte, try this! NC15/NW20 for reference.

on 12/6/2011 12:41:00 PM

I love this lipstick! I have tried so many nudes by many different brands, trying to find the "right one" I have medium nc40 skin, and this color looks great on me! I'm so excited about this discovery that, because the only way I can buy Mac products is online, I'm going to buy a couple more tubes to stock up.
The packaging is very nice, kind of like a black bullet-shape, and I find the lipstick goes on so creamy and smooth, and it is highly pigmented. I like that it is not a matte - I wasn't as crazy about Honeylove, as I find I always have to use a gloss over it. I also love the scent, sort of chocolatey.

on 11/11/2011 8:34:00 PM

After trying several nudes without much success, this Amplified creme actually worked.

A light application looks a bit dark and somewhat flat on me, so I tried brushing on a bit of Sheen Supreme Happy Hibiscus before applying Blankety out of the tube.

That did it, the result is a nice combination of shine and pale yet animated color.

By itself, Blankety has a bit of gray in it, but is proving to be versatile and compatible with other lippys to create custom colors.

It sets rather quickly but does not feel odd, I'd say it wears better than most lipsticks through beverages and lunch, requiring just a slight touch-up.

This one is a very welcome addition to the color palate!

on 11/4/2011 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Love this opaque, creamy, nude lippie to cover my pigmented lips without making me look washed out. I agree that it's more beige than pink on me, so it looks even better when paired with Rimmel's Eastend Snob, my HG pink l/l. Formula is Amplified Creme, my favorite by MAC. Also looks amazing topped with Dreamy or Oyster Girl lipglasses.

on 11/4/2011 8:27:00 PM

LOVE LOVE THIS LIPSTICK! The HG nude for me, I already have repurchased. :)

on 11/4/2011 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this lipstick, but when you apply a few coats it can tend to look a bit dirty and chalky on your lips. If you dab it on or use a brush, it's beautiful. I'm an NC15 and this is my go-to lipstick for an everyday look, or with a smokey eye. Chapstick or lip conditioner underneath = perfect results :)

on 10/31/2011 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I think I found the perfect pinky nude mac lipstick. I'm a medium dark olive/NC44 and when I read reviews I thought for sure this wouldn't look too hot on me but wanted to give it a try anyways. Well to my surprise it works!! When applied it is kind of a muted version of my natural lip colour so it gives me a sort of fresh face look. I don't have to fuss with this too much either and can pull it off without a liner or gloss. Although with a gloss, it is very pretty. The makeup artist told me that she would not have recommended it for NC44 or deeper but was amazed at how it turned out. She suspected that it is probably because my lips are not that pigmented or have much of purple undertone. So I guess this is one of those colours that you really just have to try first no matter what your skin tone is. Your natural lip colour may be a big part of the determining factor.

Popular Lipsticks