MAC Blankety

4.1

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 11/11/2011 8:34:00 PM

After trying several nudes without much success, this Amplified creme actually worked.

A light application looks a bit dark and somewhat flat on me, so I tried brushing on a bit of Sheen Supreme Happy Hibiscus before applying Blankety out of the tube.

That did it, the result is a nice combination of shine and pale yet animated color.

By itself, Blankety has a bit of gray in it, but is proving to be versatile and compatible with other lippys to create custom colors.

It sets rather quickly but does not feel odd, I'd say it wears better than most lipsticks through beverages and lunch, requiring just a slight touch-up.

This one is a very welcome addition to the color palate!

on 11/4/2011 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Love this opaque, creamy, nude lippie to cover my pigmented lips without making me look washed out. I agree that it's more beige than pink on me, so it looks even better when paired with Rimmel's Eastend Snob, my HG pink l/l. Formula is Amplified Creme, my favorite by MAC. Also looks amazing topped with Dreamy or Oyster Girl lipglasses.

on 11/4/2011 8:27:00 PM

LOVE LOVE THIS LIPSTICK! The HG nude for me, I already have repurchased. :)

on 11/4/2011 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this lipstick, but when you apply a few coats it can tend to look a bit dirty and chalky on your lips. If you dab it on or use a brush, it's beautiful. I'm an NC15 and this is my go-to lipstick for an everyday look, or with a smokey eye. Chapstick or lip conditioner underneath = perfect results :)

on 10/31/2011 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I think I found the perfect pinky nude mac lipstick. I'm a medium dark olive/NC44 and when I read reviews I thought for sure this wouldn't look too hot on me but wanted to give it a try anyways. Well to my surprise it works!! When applied it is kind of a muted version of my natural lip colour so it gives me a sort of fresh face look. I don't have to fuss with this too much either and can pull it off without a liner or gloss. Although with a gloss, it is very pretty. The makeup artist told me that she would not have recommended it for NC44 or deeper but was amazed at how it turned out. She suspected that it is probably because my lips are not that pigmented or have much of purple undertone. So I guess this is one of those colours that you really just have to try first no matter what your skin tone is. Your natural lip colour may be a big part of the determining factor.

on 10/22/2011 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This colour made me look like a corpse! I'm an NC25 and I wear plenty of bronze, but this shade made my lips look deathly pale. Got this as a freebee. Glad I didn't waste any more on this one!

I hate to be the voice of dissent, but this lipstick was the opposite of flattering when paired with my fair skin, dark brown hair, and green eyes. It looked like I had applied stick concealer to my lips. It completely washed me out. I see many referring to it as a pinky nude, but there was absolutely no pink in this on my lips. There are some lovely photos of the product here on MUA, but it looks like the lipstick is topped by a gloss in almost every photo. Perhaps this would look better with a gloss over it, but I'd much rather just have a lipstick that doesn't necessitate the use of a gloss. Fair-skinned ladies, please stay far away.

on 8/22/2011 4:14:00 PM

Okay love this!!!! It is a nudy pink and is very pigmented and smells delicious!!! I love the creamy texture and last as much as any other lipstick. Awesome products

on 8/6/2011 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVEEEE this lipstick! This is the perfect nude for me skin tone (NC35) I will most definately purchase it again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ah, the search for that elusive flattering nude lipstick is over. I have dark brown hair (so dark people actually argue with me to tell me it's black), pale skin and bright green eyes. Usually, nudes are too brown or too pastel pink to work on me. I tried a couple of MAC nudes and found this one was the only one that looked good. It's soft pinky beige and softens my whole look. I experimented with mac blushes and found that using "Harmony" as a cheek contour and "Trace Gold" as the main blush looked AMAZING. BTW, try both those blushes if, like me, you're sick of doing the pink, rosy cheeked blush look. They are sooooooooo lovely together. I bought mac's "subculture" lipliner and "C-thru" lipglass which worked nicely with it.

I would say this lipstick is expensive in my country-$36 so I rated it accordingly. Australians get wholloped with a "luxury tax" on makeup brands so ALL mac products are hugely overpriced here. I would repurchase but as I normally wear stronger colours, I don't imagine that would be for some time.

ADDITIONAL: Nearly 4 years after writing this review I'm still in love with this shade more than ever- HG stuff! Makes me look young and pretty. Plumps the lips, compliments my colouring and works with, not against, any eyeshadow I've got on. I live in fear of MAC discontinuing this magical wand- love it!

Popular Lipsticks