December 22, 2014 | 747 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

This a creme lipstick that claims to be lavender violet but I'd call it mauve to purple pink. This is a more subtle neon color. I think this color works very well with my light-medium olive skin and is just enough to make you stand out but, not to bright to make you look over the top. The lasting power honestly could be better but the moisturizing power is actually very good. Overall a very nice, young, stylish shade. I'd def repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by foppery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Up the Amp is a beautiful lipstick. I'd describe the color as neon mauve: a pinkish purple bright enough to make you stand out but subtle enough that you won't look insane if you wear it during the day. The formula is very moisturizing, even on my dry lips, but I had to take off one lippie for the staying power: it doesn't last more than two hours on me, and that's without eating or drinking. One sip of water and it's gone. Still, if you don't mind touching up your lipstick every couple hours, this is a great find.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Mia_8030

I don't reach for Up the Amp often, but it is a great colour and while I find some MAC lipstick finishes to be way too dry, I have not found Up the Amp to be drying at all.

Up the Amp shows like a very purple based pink on my pigmented lips, and is very opaque. I went from brunette to being a red head for a while and found that Up the Amp was too cool to wear with a warm haircolour. Now that I'm back to brunette I have worn Up the Amp a few times and it looks great! This is not a shade that I can wear to work but it is a shade that I can wear as a statement on a night out.

Overall, great colour and if I ever finish Up the Amp, I will likely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Up the Amp is such a fun shade to have in my collection. However, it's basically collecting dust most of the time. The positives are that it's unique, moisturizing, opaque and long lasting. It's a very loud bright, high-impact purple shade. The consistency is creamy. The application is smooth and the finish is satin-like. It's not drying at all.

When I purchased this over a year ago I had the best of intentions, planning to wear this on weekends and fun nights out with friends. However, reality is that I've worn this less than a handful of times within a years time. There just aren't very many occasions during which I can wear this shade. Maybe I should've got this shade back in my collegiate days when I was more trendy, daring and went out to parties and clubs several times a week. Those days are behind me and for good reason. That time was cool while it lasted, I'm thankful that I had those times and I'm thankful they're over. Onto something new, better and even more exciting!

Up the Amp is great to have in my collection for the rare occasions when I want to be adventurous with style, but I won't repurchase. Up the Amp doesn't really reflect the professional, focused young woman I am today but is is beautiful for what it is. I would recommend this for someone who is very confidend isn't afraid to be noticed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Dzing

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great texture, scent and ease of use.
I sometimes use this as a sort of sheer stain by rubbing it in and other times
use it full force for fun. Mostly it is a summer color for me.
It is like an accessory ~ edgy with a punk element but not as serious as
a bright red would be.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by babyshark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

the perfect lavender/purple lipstick! I love this ...it works well with my skintone..(warm yellow undertone) and this is my very first purple lipstick :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by iluvsushi

I don't usually go for bright or bold colours when purchasing lipsticks, but when I saw this at the MAC counter I fell in love! Purple is my fave colour and this looked pretty and works wells with my asian skin tone (for ref, I'm between an NC35-42, not sure what my current colour match is since I'm tanned). Up The Amp is a good quality lipstick and has a good colour payoff. It's an amplified finish and feels moisturising. It is a medium blue toned purple, almost lavender-ish (the best way I would describe it). I will definitely be wearing this lipstick more often if I'm going out for the evening with friends or clubbing/parties. Also this is a great summer lipstick shade. I have yet to find a matching lip liner for this. But overall this is great for dry lips and if you love statement lipstick shades then this is one of them. I'd happily repurchase this when it runs out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by naturalfantasea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love this lipstick! It is great for all skin shades! It last a pretty good amount of time and I was surprising able to eat and drink with the lipstick still on as if I just applied it! Go for it ladies!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by malston81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a b2mac yesterday, I wanted something bold & everything I picked up was an amplified so I chose this & impassioned. When I asked the mac guy what could I pair it with he said I could try it with dazzleglass funtabulous, which I already had...YAY!! But anyways, when I got home I tried it & I loved!! Def can be worn during the day or night!! I don't know why I never looked at it before but I think it stood out to me this time is because I wanted the new purple heroine color which of course was sold out : ( but im happy with my choice!! I want more amplified colors and took note of which ones for future reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite lipsticks! Beautiful color, super creamy, and amazingly pigmented. When i dont feel like doing much with my eyes, i always reach for this lipstick. i already have another just incase i run out :)