August 20, 2014 | 2008 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cosmetic Warrior Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by kwippy

I was able to take home a sample of this and was impressed at how it calmed my skin a bit. My acne is a result from a hormone imbalance so it didn't cure my acne, but did treat the existing bumps. The smell is quite offensive, but mostly from the raw eggs in there (or so i was told that was in there). Definitely be diligent in keeping it in the fridge, as leaving it out will probably make it rot and obviously smell worse.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by lovelydiva

Well, this mask doesnt show much difference on my skin except smells like garlic. I'm not sure whether it will show some benefits if i keep using but not impressed after using a few times atm. I'm loving proactiv refining mask now, will try cupcake mask next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cosmetic Warrior definately smells like garlic, and my sensitive sense of smell could not stomach this face mask, but I bought it anyway. When smearing this on my face I noticed chunks of some sort of ingredient, I am not sure what it was but I figured it was garlic..yucky. I didnt notice any results after using this face mask for 2 weeks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by bailuli

This is my first product from Lush (although I also bought Angels on Bare Skin at the same trip, but haven't used that yet) and to be honest, I'm pretty impressed!

I have super oily skin and a lot of redness and bumps from a recent bout of allergic reaction to Tide. just as the Tide breakout was moving off (tho still red bumps), a test use of a sample of Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua (lovely texture and finish, but gives me a mass of white heads/breakout...) caused some inflammation.

Decided to give this a try, and after washing it off, I was really surprised! the redness from my Tide allergy as well as the small bumps and redness from Chanel were super faded and it left my face very soft as well. I can't tell how well this result lasted tho as I was stupid enough to use the Chanel sample for two more days after, which caused another mass of white heads -_-;;; But in any case, I believe this mask does do quite a bit toward reducing redness and acne/breakouts, as well as soften the skin.

one lippie off for the smell however. Others here said it smelled like garlic and/or gasoline...to me it smelled like Garlic Artichoke Dip. in other words, from now on either i'm never going to salivate after garlic artichoke dip again, or i'd want to slather it all over my face instead of eating it. .___.

the mask also is quite bumpy/not smooth, in that it has chunks of...whatever it is (I wanna call it artichoke bits, even though I know it's probably garlic and/or whatever they put in there, and not artichoke lol) causing it to not spread that evenly. it also dries/sets surprisingly fast so you wont have a lot of time to spread it. not a big deal for me, but i was surprised at the texture.

i will repurchase since it works so well for my skin, even if i can barely stand the scent. like someone else recced, might be good idea to keep something else that smells good handy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by healthymom646

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love to use masks but i never found one that i was really satisfied with....i have dry skin and i needed a treatment....i found the Antioxidant Berry Masque from Lady Soma to be super helpful and i use it all the time now...i always recommend this to my friends..i'm very happy with them...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by hersupernature

Cosmetic Warrior is water-based, smells great (herbal-y and fresh) and does a wonderful job at deep-cleaning and brightening the face. I'm not sure how well it's helping my acne, but it definitely works wonders in other ways.
CW is $5.95 for a small pot, which should last around 5-10 masks depending on how liberal you are with the product - a thin layer seems to work absolutely fine.
Would definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by kbur084

ABSOLUTELY REVOLTING!!!. i bought this wanting to try something new, and when i smelled the samples at the lush store it doesnt smell that overwhelming.... put it on youre face and woah! garlicy gasoline all over youre face. It made me want to vomit, especially washing it off in the shower afterwards, the heat from the warm water made a much stronger smell and the texture of it was very slimey when i was trying to rinse it off. The smell of garlic also lingers on youre face and hands, its so disguisting. I havent noticed any real changes in my skin, ive used it about three times now thinking ill get used to the smell and washing it off but it just makes me want to vomit everytime i use it so i gave the rest of this away. Would not reccomend! get Love Lettuve instead if you want a facemask from lush -.-'

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Not that impressed with it. I always wanted to try something from Lush, and I'm an acne-prone, oily skinned gal so this seemed like a good fit or at least what the lady recommended. I don't know. I've tried it twice and didn't notice anything different that any other mask could have done. No, the scent isn't pleasant. I wouldn't mind it if the mask showed any benefits, but I'm not seeing anything that great. It's funny because it's not a sharp, in your face smell, it's almost faint, but since it's sitting on your face for 10 minutes, it gets to me! It does feel good when you apply since it's cold from being in the fridge and it's not as drying as some clay masks, so that's something to take into consideration. I'm definitely not getting it again though- I'm struggling to use this. And it definitely has a shelf-life- 2 weeks? That can be good or bad. I might just get rid of it. It can be expensive for the actual amount that you get and I need to be more impressed and excited about putting something on my face. Wish I liked it more!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by jillheartsmakeup

cons:
-smelt like a mixture of wet dog and tea tree oil
pros:
-got rid of my redness
-made my face soft
-was inexpensive
-one pot will last quite a while

i would definately repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 8:17:00 AM More reviews by solongmarianne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have just cleared it from my skin a few minutes ago for the first time, to be frank it wasn't miraculous, yet it took almost all of the redness away from my skin. The smell is really creepy, but it isn't garlicky, it smells like a gas station, which is not nice, to make it easier for yourself, I suggest you smell a bottle of Vicks vaporub while using the mask, it really soothes the smell, another thing to note down is that you need to use a toner after washing it off because the smell does not vanish without it