July 29, 2014 | 1970 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - Bed Head Headrush Shine Adrenaline

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2007 8:09:00 PM More reviews by ashleydoom

I love this stuff. The smell is great, it's a great shine product, but it's kind of... choky? after you spray it. I think it retails around $18, I buy it for about $8, so I would absolutely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Haruka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: This product is a superfine lightweight spray that gives your hair extreme gloss with all-over coverage. To use, you just spray evenly on dry hair. It is packaged in a 200mL purple-y fuchsia metal can with a neon-green plastic cap. I don't know the suggested retail price but it is $13.99 CAD (pre-tax) regular price at a store where I buy most of my hair related stuff.

MY THOUGHTS: This is the shine spray that my favourite hair guy uses every time he does my hair. It is very fool-proof because unlike other shine sprays, it doesn't make your hair greasy or heavy no matter how much you use. The mist is super fine so it covers your hair very evenly easily. Although I generally prefer products that are unscented, I actually quite like the scent of this spray. It very hard to describe but to me, it smells sweet and fruity (not like Garnier Fructis at all which smells sickly to me)... very perfume like. That being said, the scent is not cloying or overly strong either. You can only smell it on your hair if you actually put your nose to it. You should definitely not over spray because it'll linger and smell way too sweet and strong if you over use it. The scent will eventually slowly dissipate anyway if you do happen to over spray. The way I use it is I spray it on my hair once it is completely dried (and styled) then I run my hands through my hair to make sure that it is evenly distributed. My hairstylist uses this the exact same way except that he aims his blowdryer (with nozzle attached) on my hair from a distant while spraying. I find this really hard to do on myself so I skip the blowdryer but the result is exactly the same though. This gives your hair a very shiny and polished look that is very magazine-like. Sometimes, I will give my hairbrush a good spray instead and then brush my hair with it if I want a more carefree/natural look (hair that is very shiny can sometimes look too "perfect" in certain circumstances).

MYSELF: I've naturally straight hair that is naturally very smooth and very shiny. I've tons of hair but it doesn't look poofy, frizzy, or limp at all. It looks good without any styling. So overall, I have pretty much problem-free hair. My hair is colour-treated and it's a a few inches below my armpits with long layers in the back and shorter in the front. I dislike most North American drugstore and salon shampoos and conditioners so I don't use them at all. For shampoos and conditioners, I use Japanese stuff only. My detailed info can be found in my notepad if interested. continued >>

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2007 9:36:00 PM More reviews by GoblinBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I swear by this product. At $18 a can, it is pricey and the aerosol does not last long--less than a month, but it is worth it. You know how people say hair looks best on the 2nd day? And rumors that models don't wash their hair the day before a photo shoot? Well this product accomplishes that 2nd day hair look, but with a cleaner, more shiny and healthy look. So your hair doesn't look dirty, it just looks really good but controlled and settled. This product smells wonderfully citrus and it claims to add vitamins to make your hair stronger. I don't attribute the health of my hair to this product, but it does give your hair that finished, refined look that says "I spent time on my hair today." I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2007 9:50:00 PM More reviews by oolafsson

I have had this spray since August. Every time I use it my hair is shiny, healthy looking, and very soft. However, you don't always see results the moment it comes in contact with your hair. Like all hair products, it takes a while to set; around 5 minutes or so. It does what it promises, and I think it is great. I have always preferred sprays to lotions because lotions can be sticky and greasy, whereas this is very light and airy. The smell is kind of putrid, but I can handle it for the 4 seconds I have to. Have had it since August and still have about 1/4 left. The price is steep, but I think it is fair considering the amount you get and how long it takes to exhaust it all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 12:08:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I can't believe I've never reviewed this stuff! I have used it since 2002, and it is my HG shine product. I like it because it's not heavy/siliconey like a lot of the shine serums and sprays on the market. The spray is very fine, and mists your hair with small particles all over. It gives a really nice, beautiful shine to the hair. I usually only use for special occasions because I find that my Catwalk Fast-Fixx is sufficient, but when I want that extra shine, I use this.

The best way to use this is, as you're blasting your hair with a final burst of cold air after your blowout, spray this at the same time. (It helps if someone is behind you doing this, but it's possible to manage on your own, too.) It really helps disperse the shine throughout all of your strands.

As others have mentioned, this does have a prevailing sweet scent. It's not offensive to me, and does fade after a while.

For reference, I have thick, coarse Asian hair with a slight wave. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2007 11:31:00 AM More reviews by etooz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't use this as shine spray, I use it as a pre-iron spray. For some reason, it does a better job straightening my hair than any other product I've used. It does leave it shiny, as well. It's a little on the expensive side, but I've only just had to buy a second bottle now after two years.

I took a star off for the smell, though. It's pretty bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2006 3:16:00 PM More reviews by maniacz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it!! Gives really a gorgeous shine and the smell is looovely :).

Too bad, that it doesn't last very long (unlike most of the Tigi-products) and is so maybe li8ttle bit too expesive...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2006 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Marge11

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product STINKS. It is positively nauseating and I don't even have a sensitive sense of smell! I have to hold my breath when I use it. I didn't think it did much the first few times I used it, but when I went a couple of days without using it I noticed that my hair didn't look as shiny/healthy as when I was using it. It's not OTT shine on my hair, nor is it particularly noticeable. However, as I said, my hair does look better when I use it than when I don't.

The other two negatives is the packaging - the can itself is okay, and I like the light application, but the colours are disgusting and garish. You wouldn't want to pull this baby out in public! The other negative is the price, however, you do get a lot in the can, and I expect it'll last a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2006 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Le_Chat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had never used a shine spray before and really didn't think they worked. Last time I had my hair cut, my hairstylist sprayed my hair with Headrush Shine Adrenaline and I couldn't believe the diffence it made. My hair is naturally curly so I don't have much natural shine, but now I can have the shiney hair I've always wanted! Also, I love the fruity sweet scent. I don't notice the fragrance on my hair after it dries but my bathroom sure smells sweet when I fix my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2006 6:18:00 PM More reviews by adoresgloss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff really works! Not to mention it smells delicious, a nice tropical scent, at least to me. Not to overpowering though, but you'll want to spray this stuff throughout the day! I like this better than any other shine product i've tried because it works and it goes on with such a light mist that it doesn't way my hair down (which i have to be careful when using too much shine products) with this i don't have to worry about it. I always keep re-purchasing this because the shine is amazing and doesn't leave a film as with other products.