September 20, 2014 | 1783 users online

Treatments (Face) - Honey

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Honey has its own amazing antimicrobial and micro-nutritional benefits so why not take it up a notch? I buy Y.S. Eco Bee Farms organic Royal Jelly, which is a mixture of raw honey with royal jelly. It's $12 bucks for 20 ounces. Pretty cheap when you consider how much you can spend on mass produced facial products of lesser quality. So, I make myself a mask using this product and unsweetened cocoa powder. Make a paste and you have one of the most powerful yet gentle antimicrobial and antioxidant products on the market or off.
This mask is great for neutralizing the free radicals/pollutants in our skin as well as preventing breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I melt 2 tbs. of coconut oil and add it to 2 tbs. of honey. Use it as a mask. It can be kept in your bathroom cabinet in a jar, it will solidify eventually but can be remelted in a microwave. Awesome for dry skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

This is a wonderful versatile product. It tastes great with porridge and hot milk and it is great for my skin. I use it especially during winter once a week and it makes my skin feel soft and look healthy.
What more can I say check out your kitchen for some honey and treat your skin with a cheap and natural ingredient.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by aalley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So Simple ,SOOO EFFECTECTIVE. I am 21 years old and I have suffered from acne since I can remember, it has been terrible for me I cannot even walk out to go to the store across the street without popping on a little foundation which I am sure makes it worse. Recently, I have been breaking out more than usual, I guess it was stress. My mom who is all about natural found out about this mask and told me about it at first I was skeptical because I have been down this road with her before but I tried it anyway because I had nothing to lose. I had a cluster of huge, red, and painful pimples, along side my jaw, within the NEXT day after using this mask the breakouts reduced SIGNIFICANTLY after that I started using it everyday of that week, and by the end of the week it barely looked like any cystic pimples were even their. Now I am a self admitted pessimist when it comes to Acne cures because I have literally tried everything, even things from the dermatologist NONE of those things have worked as quickly as this. And I think that is the beauty of honey it works OVERNIGHT, it is so quick, You automatically see a difference the next day.

Here is how I use it:

I use 3 tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon of cinnamon

I leave it on for at least an hour ( I know some say 10 min, but when I do it longer it seems to work the best for me because my acne was so severe I really wanted it to penetrate)

After I wash it off, however, I do not moisturize after I use it, I know some may have a huge problem with that I just don't want to abstract anything I just go to sleep and let it work overnight. And I find that this method works phenomenal with me if you have mild to moderate acne than just use an oil free moisturizer remember acne treatments are very drying anyway in order for it to work.

Cons:

It can get very runny so when using it use an old t-shirt or something or do what I do and put a towel over your shoulder to avoid the fall down to your clothes.

Whether is with Cinnamon or plain Honey. It sucks out all bacteria and revitalizes the skin I am actually a little disappointed I did not discover it a little earlier, my high school years would have been more fun! LOL

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by katesy82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I came across using raw honey as a face wash a few weeks ago, and since it is antibacterial and helps with acne I figured I'd give it a try. I have sensitive, acne prone skin and have been having mild breakouts on my forehead especially. At night moisten my fingers a little and rub the honey on my face for a couple of minutes. I then let it sit for 10 to 30 minutes, rinse, and moisturize. My skin has cleared up significantly and already looks and feels healthier and smoother than it has in quite awhile.

Figured I'd update while I'm on here: I've been using raw honey for over a year now and I love it. It keeps my skin more clear, smooth and soft. Definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by elisejarnved

I love honey!
At first I used it as a facemask, and my breakouts would have calmed down so much. I started trying using it as a cleanser, and I stuck to it for 3 weeks I think, and the first week was amazing but after that I started getting breakouts again so I stopped using it. Now I have gone back to use it as a mask because I see much better results when I leave it on for 20-40 minutes. Sometimes I just use honey, but I also mix a little milk and lemon juice in as well if I feel like it, but only a tiny but or it will get soo runny. :P
But honey is so awesome because it is anti-bacterial and soothing. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by jaci2017

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this as a mask just on my T-zone to prevent and heal acne. The first time I used this I was suffering from a major breakout, I had five pimples on the side of my nose two of which were rather large.(from picking at one DO NOT PICK PIMPLES!) I was slathering on layers of benzoyl peroxide to get rid of them, it was making them smaller but it also made my skin itchy and dry. When I put on the honey it instantly soothed my skin and when I washed it off an hour later the pimples were so tiny and my skin was so smooth. The reason I'm giving this four stars instead of five is because it can be a tiny bit drying and it's a little bit too runny. I'm hoping this will help fade redness left behind by pimples so I will update this review about that. I use the Target Market Pantry honey.

Update 1/4/13
This hasn't faded my acne scars but it has helped new acne heal without leaving a mark. I think this has gotten rid of the blackheads on my nose but that could be from the new toner I'm using.

Update 1/23/13
I've been using manuka honey now, I notice results faster and it has a thicker consistency which makes it easier to use.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by ashpash44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just used it for the first time last night after hearing so many reviews here and on youtube so I just did a mask with only honey for an hour and it shrunk this nasty pimple that I've been working on for the past few days and i moisturized with almond oil and woke up to smooth skin...so far so good I will update how it goes after a month.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honey always leaves my normally sensitive and oily skin smooth and silky. I have one little tip to share: Since honey masks will cause drips and messes, after I put on the mask, I will line my chin with strips of tissue so that any drips will get sucked up and my shirt will remain clean :) hope that helps you!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by winniewyli21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Feels soothing, smells great and works wonders!
I have really bad acne and sometimes I need a boost to my skins and reduce all the redness that comes with my troubled skin :(

You must use Pure, Raw, unpasteurized honey on your skin (something you can pick up from your local farmers market) and it works as an antiseptic to reduce the inflammation on your skin and kill bacteria that causes acne. If you use the stuff that comes from the supermarket, which is inorganic and processed, you place all the extra chemicals on your skin and it can get WORSE!

I wash my face and pat it dry. Gentle rub honey onto my face as a mask. Leave it on for about 30-60 minutes and wash it all off. I then wipe my face with a green tea bag as toner and moisturize. VOILA!

Long story short - pure honey works great and can be used as a daily mask. It also helps with reducing scars!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No