August 28, 2014 | 1666 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 8:40:00 AM More reviews by elisejarnved

I love honey!
At first I used it as a facemask, and my breakouts would have calmed down so much. I started trying using it as a cleanser, and I stuck to it for 3 weeks I think, and the first week was amazing but after that I started getting breakouts again so I stopped using it. Now I have gone back to use it as a mask because I see much better results when I leave it on for 20-40 minutes. Sometimes I just use honey, but I also mix a little milk and lemon juice in as well if I feel like it, but only a tiny but or it will get soo runny. :P
But honey is so awesome because it is anti-bacterial and soothing. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by jaci2017

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this as a mask just on my T-zone to prevent and heal acne. The first time I used this I was suffering from a major breakout, I had five pimples on the side of my nose two of which were rather large.(from picking at one DO NOT PICK PIMPLES!) I was slathering on layers of benzoyl peroxide to get rid of them, it was making them smaller but it also made my skin itchy and dry. When I put on the honey it instantly soothed my skin and when I washed it off an hour later the pimples were so tiny and my skin was so smooth. The reason I'm giving this four stars instead of five is because it can be a tiny bit drying and it's a little bit too runny. I'm hoping this will help fade redness left behind by pimples so I will update this review about that. I use the Target Market Pantry honey.

Update 1/4/13
This hasn't faded my acne scars but it has helped new acne heal without leaving a mark. I think this has gotten rid of the blackheads on my nose but that could be from the new toner I'm using.

Update 1/23/13
I've been using manuka honey now, I notice results faster and it has a thicker consistency which makes it easier to use.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by ashpash44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just used it for the first time last night after hearing so many reviews here and on youtube so I just did a mask with only honey for an hour and it shrunk this nasty pimple that I've been working on for the past few days and i moisturized with almond oil and woke up to smooth skin...so far so good I will update how it goes after a month.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honey always leaves my normally sensitive and oily skin smooth and silky. I have one little tip to share: Since honey masks will cause drips and messes, after I put on the mask, I will line my chin with strips of tissue so that any drips will get sucked up and my shirt will remain clean :) hope that helps you!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by winniewyli21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Feels soothing, smells great and works wonders!
I have really bad acne and sometimes I need a boost to my skins and reduce all the redness that comes with my troubled skin :(

You must use Pure, Raw, unpasteurized honey on your skin (something you can pick up from your local farmers market) and it works as an antiseptic to reduce the inflammation on your skin and kill bacteria that causes acne. If you use the stuff that comes from the supermarket, which is inorganic and processed, you place all the extra chemicals on your skin and it can get WORSE!

I wash my face and pat it dry. Gentle rub honey onto my face as a mask. Leave it on for about 30-60 minutes and wash it all off. I then wipe my face with a green tea bag as toner and moisturize. VOILA!

Long story short - pure honey works great and can be used as a daily mask. It also helps with reducing scars!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by kaanderson

I really enjoy using honey as a facial cleanser. I used the generic grocery store honey for about a month, and it did not seem to help my skin at all. I then got the good stuff, raw organic honey, and have used it for a week and a half or so. My skin looks great, my acne has cleared up, and my face feels refreshed and moisturized. I gave it 4 lips because I also started using jojoba oil as a pre-cleanse at the same time, so I'm not sure if it was the oil or the raw honey that has worked the miracle for my acne-prone oily skin. I would recommend testing a spot first on your skin, as it sounds like some folks get irritated skin with it. I haven't had any problems, and sometimes I'll use it as a mask and just leave it on for an hour while I do other things around the house. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Bettybo75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honey is the best beauty treatment ever, I put masks on with honey and lemon or milk and also if you eat it is good for your skin and health!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by aksharad

So here's what I did-

I took about 3 teaspoons of honey and squeezed in half a lemon. Honey naturally is quite thick and sticky so the lemon juice balanced out the consistency. I spread the concoction evenly on my face (including lips :P) and neck and left it for about 20 mins (you might have to deal with some dripping). thereafter with wet hands I massaged my face for about 3 mins and washed off. I could IMMEDIATELY see the difference! My skin was literally glowing and looked so radiant! And it felt so smooth and evened out that I couldn't believe that it was my own skin after all! I'm definitely going to do this regularly to see the effects in the long run, but as of now, I'm very very impressed! Do give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by tracie1300

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought I was doing a pretty good job taking care of my skin all these years, but after reading reviews for honey on MUA, I decided to give it a try. OMG! What a difference! My skin feels tighter, looks brighter and my pores are so clear! I didn't realize how dull and gunky I was. I had a small red vein that was fairly noticeable on my check and it seems to have faded. I lost about 50 pounds three years ago and felt that my face really showed it, not in a good way. Since I've been using honey, along with EVOO, I feel like my skin is plumper. Not long after I stared using honey, I had a bad cold for a week. Normally, within just a day, I would have a dry painful red flaky nose. This time, much to my surprise, my skin stayed smooth through a whole box of tissues. Since I started using honey and EVOO around the same time, I'm not sure which gets credit for what effect.

How I use it: I start with light moisture on my face, apply honey and leave it on for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water. Sometimes I leave it on for an hour or so. I originally was using ordinary local honey that I had on hand, but decided to try organic raw honey. I don't know that it works better but I love the texture, especially when rinsing it off. I've also combined it with sugar for more exfoliation. Haven't tried it in my hair yet, but I will. I think my jar of raw honey will last a long time, but I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I usually do a chick pea flour and turmeric mask every week or two. I have lately been addling lime juice to lighten acne scars. Chick pea flour (a commonly used item in India - it's called "besan") deep cleanses and makes your skin glowy and soft. Turmeric helps even out skin tone. I lately tried adding honey to the mix instead of lime juice but unfortunately, when I washed it off , my skin was a bit greasy. I would recommend for dry skins.

Honey taken orally is quite wonderful though. I take it with warm water first thing in the morning with ACV and lime and it seems to have cleared my skin inside out.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No