December 19, 2014 | 805 users online

Treatments (Face) - Honey

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by TubbyPuppy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Honey is definitely for more than cooking and sweetening food! I've used honey to heal cuts (as did the Ancient Egyptians), treat facial outbreaks, and soothe dry winter skin. My sister once had a boil that would not come to a head....sounds gross, I know, but it was on her leg and the area was very sore and red. I made her use a really warm compress to open the pores, and then applied warm honey to the area and covered with a huge bandage. After 3 hours, the "boil" had begun to surface! We repeated the process and she went to bed; the next morning, the boil was sitting there like an Easter Egg! After removing all the yucky stuff from it, she recovered it with honey, and by that night, it was gone. No scar or any evidence of a bump or boil! Honey truly is a natural wonder. Sorry if my story made anyone feel ill, but I'm an animated person. LOL!

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by badwolf42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I just used whatever honey was in my house and I absolutely LOVE it as a face mask. I just squeeze right out of the bear shaped bottle and smear it on my face! That is all I have to do! It just feels so hydrating as soon as you get it on your face, never feeling tight. Your face just feels sooo soft as soon as you wash them off. I like putting it on in the evening, leaving it on for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse off (it tastes good if it gets in your mouth). In the morning, I use a gentle scrub, and my skin is glowing! So affordable and just AMAZING!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In Ginger Garrett's book 'Beauty From the Bible', honey and olive oil are mentioned as two of the ingredients that work wonders for the skin. Yes, indeed!
I follow her technique of applying honey with moist fingertips, on the face. It soothes the face. Honey is also a humectant and antiseptic (assuming one uses raw, unprocessed).
Her book also has a recipe for a skin creme, with only beeswax, honey and olive oil in equal parts. This creme too, is awesome! Apparently, the ingredient mix is close to that in the 'Egyptian Magic' cream that costs several times over.

Better to use honey than skin products containing chemicals like propylene glycol etc for retaining moisture!
Of course, the whole process is messy. LOL. But, a honey treatment is fun. Love love love the scent of honey.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by MitaUd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Works well as a spot treatment for newly formed bumps or whiteheads but needs to be used consistently to see results.somewhat fades acne marks.its very sticky and tends to get stuck in my hair whenever it's windy though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by risathompson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Raw honey has been a lifesaver for my skin.
The back story: In highschool i never suffered from acne. If i do get the occasional pimples, they go away without a scar. But ever since i moved away for college, irregular diet and stress has wreak havoc on my skin. I break out every single day. I would glad if it was just simple pimple, but it was freaking cyst acne. Every day i would wake up with a new cyst waiting to 'mature'.
I tried everything. Scrubs, salicylic acid, changing my diet, stop taking dairy products. It get a bit better. I still get cyst every 3, 4 days but new small pimples still pop up every day. And they leave behind these little dots. And my face, especially my cheek is fill with these little red dots. I was embarrassed and cover my face with lots of concealer and foundation.

The solution: Then i discovered the honey washing method. I read about it before, but it seems a bit ridiculous to me. Plus, in the past wherever i add honey in my oatmeal mask, i end up with even more blackhead. This time i was desperate, so i tried it.
However, I used raw honey and it made a different. If i have makeup on, I use cleansing oil first. Then use warm, slightly hot to open up the pore. Then i use tsp of honey and rub it all over my face. I have done this every single day for 2 weeks, and I stopped getting cyst or pimple now. Ever since i started this, only 2 small pimples pop up but they went away quietly without a scar. The scars from previous cyst has lighten, instead of purplish pink, it has become red pink, and shrinking.
I also make a leave on mask with 1 1/2 tsp honey, just a tiny tiny bit of water, less than even 1/4 tsp, and 3 , 4 drops of lavender oil (help lighten scars). the water is supposedly help release 'peroxide properties' (minimalistbeauty.com).

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by kmm82512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Honey is wonderful! I buy local honey from a health food store and it's one of the best things I've ever put on my skin. I use it a few times a week to wash my face, and it leaves my skin very hydrated and I only need a fraction of my usual moisturizer amount afterwards. Washing it off is much easier than you'd think... it's not sticky once you add the water and it rinses right off. It's also very easy to convert it into a face mask/scrub by adding baking soda or sugar.
My absolute favorite use for honey (which I can't stop raving about!) is a body sugar scrub. It works very well for exfoliating my legs before shaving, resulting in a very close, smooth shave. I make a thick, sap-like paste with honey and brown sugar, thin it out with a little bit of coconut oil, and then scrub away. I once did an experiment and used it on only one half of my body and compared the results to using a commercial sugar scrub on the other side of my body... and WOW! My skin went from not having moisturizer put on in two days, to being silky smooth and not needing any moisturizer at all. Amazing!
UPDATE 3/3/13 - *RAW honey works 100 times better!* I did some research, found out about raw honey, and tried it as a base for a sugar scrub and it made my skin so soft and radiant, moreso than when I used processed honey. The clear amber-colored honey you buy at the supermarket is processed with heat, thus destroying much of the enzymes and other healing properties. Raw honey is not transparent. It looks like very thick baby food and it is sold in jars, not bottles. You can find it at health food stores.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Honey has its own amazing antimicrobial and micro-nutritional benefits so why not take it up a notch? I buy Y.S. Eco Bee Farms organic Royal Jelly, which is a mixture of raw honey with royal jelly. It's $12 bucks for 20 ounces. Pretty cheap when you consider how much you can spend on mass produced facial products of lesser quality. So, I make myself a mask using this product and unsweetened cocoa powder. Make a paste and you have one of the most powerful yet gentle antimicrobial and antioxidant products on the market or off.
This mask is great for neutralizing the free radicals/pollutants in our skin as well as preventing breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I melt 2 tbs. of coconut oil and add it to 2 tbs. of honey. Use it as a mask. It can be kept in your bathroom cabinet in a jar, it will solidify eventually but can be remelted in a microwave. Awesome for dry skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

This is a wonderful versatile product. It tastes great with porridge and hot milk and it is great for my skin. I use it especially during winter once a week and it makes my skin feel soft and look healthy.
What more can I say check out your kitchen for some honey and treat your skin with a cheap and natural ingredient.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by aalley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So Simple ,SOOO EFFECTECTIVE. I am 21 years old and I have suffered from acne since I can remember, it has been terrible for me I cannot even walk out to go to the store across the street without popping on a little foundation which I am sure makes it worse. Recently, I have been breaking out more than usual, I guess it was stress. My mom who is all about natural found out about this mask and told me about it at first I was skeptical because I have been down this road with her before but I tried it anyway because I had nothing to lose. I had a cluster of huge, red, and painful pimples, along side my jaw, within the NEXT day after using this mask the breakouts reduced SIGNIFICANTLY after that I started using it everyday of that week, and by the end of the week it barely looked like any cystic pimples were even their. Now I am a self admitted pessimist when it comes to Acne cures because I have literally tried everything, even things from the dermatologist NONE of those things have worked as quickly as this. And I think that is the beauty of honey it works OVERNIGHT, it is so quick, You automatically see a difference the next day.

Here is how I use it:

I use 3 tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon of cinnamon

I leave it on for at least an hour ( I know some say 10 min, but when I do it longer it seems to work the best for me because my acne was so severe I really wanted it to penetrate)

After I wash it off, however, I do not moisturize after I use it, I know some may have a huge problem with that I just don't want to abstract anything I just go to sleep and let it work overnight. And I find that this method works phenomenal with me if you have mild to moderate acne than just use an oil free moisturizer remember acne treatments are very drying anyway in order for it to work.

Cons:

It can get very runny so when using it use an old t-shirt or something or do what I do and put a towel over your shoulder to avoid the fall down to your clothes.

Whether is with Cinnamon or plain Honey. It sucks out all bacteria and revitalizes the skin I am actually a little disappointed I did not discover it a little earlier, my high school years would have been more fun! LOL

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No