December 22, 2014 | 844 users online

Skincare - Face - Philosophy - When Hope Is Not Enough - Serum

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

For me Philosophy products mean clogged pores & breakouts. Who can resist the perfect packaging and little sayings on the label. Philosophy looks like a fun brand. But I fell for it and bought the make up optional kit. But it just clogs pores and breaks out my chin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by cutebrnis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for a few years now and its the one thing I wont go with out in this line. It really does improve my skin and in the summer this is all I use at night and morning. I get tickled when I see girls in late teens and twenties saying they see no difference. Your not going to your skin is young. This product is not for you. Its is for more matue skin. If you like this line and your still young call philosophy and they will tell you what to use. I also know that the key to firmer looking skin is moisture. Its not rocket science moisturizers cause your skin to plump up making it look smoother. So really the only way to get rid of aging signs is surgery, Not willing to do that So this product helps and makes me feel better about myself and after all isnt that whats important.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2008 7:04:00 AM More reviews by reema2

Though the packaging is good it absolutly does nothing. Absolute waste of money. Will never buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2008 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Justbeinme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just a serum. Sure it has ingredients but.... they simply haven't done a single thing for my skin. Not one. I've wanted to believe in this line. Wanted to somehow actually get makeup optional skin so much that I've shelled out hundreds of dollars for more than 1 kit yes I've done it multiple times and have been left with nothing in return except lost cash. Sorry but I don't get it with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by IntheFall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to really like this product and purchased it again. I can't tell that it is doing anything except long term prevention. It does seem to keep my skin clear and soaks in really well. Not sure what I think of it but I will probably not purchase it again because of the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this more for prevention than treatment, so it's difficult for me to tell how effective it is on existing lines. I like that this serum is light, non-sticky and absorbs quickly. Hope contains peptides, soy and vitamins C and E which probably do something, but the combo isn't nearly as powerful as others on the market. What I really dislike about this is that it contains fragrance, which is highly toxic and not nearly well-enough defined in ingredient lists, and the overall serum scores a 6/10 hazard rating on cosmeticdatabase.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Julie888

I started using this in the winter when just using the Hope in a Jar Moisturizer didn't seem to be moisturizing my skin enough. Wow what a difference. This serum sinks in and doesn't feel sticky. I then put my Hope in a Jar Moisturizer over it and no longer is my skin dry. I only need it in the winter when my skin is extra dry but I love it and it lasts a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by quartergoddess

It doesn't feel like this product did anything for me. I didn't break out or anything, but I can't tell that it's doing anything to make my skin look/feel better. I'm going to finish the bottle, but unless there's a noticeable difference after I stop using it I probably won't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm not sure with the effect of this when using this alone as I only use this in conjunction with the vit C powder (hope and a prayer). But it's quite moisturizing and I feel that my skin is better pampered without getting really greasy. However I think it's better for more mature skin - my mom loves this thing for the firming effect. I probably will repurchase unless I find sth that can work with the vit C powder at a lower price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 7:56:00 AM More reviews by iloveMnMs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as part of the “Makeup Optional” 6-piece skin care kit. What a joke, I had HUGE cystic breakouts after using the kit. (Note that I can't point to this product in particular as causing the breakouts.) I thought this serum smelled like greasy French fries. I hated using it! I couldn’t get past the smell enough to see if it would do anything for my skin. I’m probably better off!