September 1, 2014 | 1511 users online

Skincare - Face - Philosophy - When Hope Is Not Enough - Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2008 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Justbeinme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just a serum. Sure it has ingredients but.... they simply haven't done a single thing for my skin. Not one. I've wanted to believe in this line. Wanted to somehow actually get makeup optional skin so much that I've shelled out hundreds of dollars for more than 1 kit yes I've done it multiple times and have been left with nothing in return except lost cash. Sorry but I don't get it with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by IntheFall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to really like this product and purchased it again. I can't tell that it is doing anything except long term prevention. It does seem to keep my skin clear and soaks in really well. Not sure what I think of it but I will probably not purchase it again because of the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this more for prevention than treatment, so it's difficult for me to tell how effective it is on existing lines. I like that this serum is light, non-sticky and absorbs quickly. Hope contains peptides, soy and vitamins C and E which probably do something, but the combo isn't nearly as powerful as others on the market. What I really dislike about this is that it contains fragrance, which is highly toxic and not nearly well-enough defined in ingredient lists, and the overall serum scores a 6/10 hazard rating on cosmeticdatabase.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Julie888

I started using this in the winter when just using the Hope in a Jar Moisturizer didn't seem to be moisturizing my skin enough. Wow what a difference. This serum sinks in and doesn't feel sticky. I then put my Hope in a Jar Moisturizer over it and no longer is my skin dry. I only need it in the winter when my skin is extra dry but I love it and it lasts a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by quartergoddess

It doesn't feel like this product did anything for me. I didn't break out or anything, but I can't tell that it's doing anything to make my skin look/feel better. I'm going to finish the bottle, but unless there's a noticeable difference after I stop using it I probably won't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm not sure with the effect of this when using this alone as I only use this in conjunction with the vit C powder (hope and a prayer). But it's quite moisturizing and I feel that my skin is better pampered without getting really greasy. However I think it's better for more mature skin - my mom loves this thing for the firming effect. I probably will repurchase unless I find sth that can work with the vit C powder at a lower price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 7:56:00 AM More reviews by iloveMnMs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as part of the “Makeup Optional” 6-piece skin care kit. What a joke, I had HUGE cystic breakouts after using the kit. (Note that I can't point to this product in particular as causing the breakouts.) I thought this serum smelled like greasy French fries. I hated using it! I couldn’t get past the smell enough to see if it would do anything for my skin. I’m probably better off!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 4:11:00 AM More reviews by mzxtine

So far, not a lot of effect... will continue to use until gone and then probably will not repurchase... it is quite on the high end and not sure if I want to invest in something that doesn't do me any good...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by MYV12

I cannot say that I feel like I have noticed a significant difference in my skin after using nearly an entire bottle of this serum. I will say that it did not cause any additional breakouts. It did not do much for my pore size. I have been using the vitamin c powder with it, as well as in other creams. I do like the vitamin c powder, however. Also, it is hard to get the last bit of the serum out of the bottle when it is nearly gone. I have considered buying it again, as it is a reasonable price, however I have decided to purchase another serum instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by skeeto21

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Can't go a day without it!!!