October 20, 2014 | 1602 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I'm going to say this but this is my Holy Grail foundation. After trying a ton of pale foundations, this is it. It feels good to know I won't have to keep trying any more products. For starters, my coloring is in the N10 range. I use this in SP10. It is a liquid consistency on the thinner side, but not excessively watery. I use a damp Beauty Blender sponge to apply. I have never had anything cover my pores and match my skin color so well. It is neither too pink, nor too yellow. It's just right for me. It is weightless on the skin, does not suffocate, and dries to a semi-matte finish. I top it with Kevyn Aucoin Gossamer powder for a touch of radiance. My skin does not break out from this. It wears like iron. Does not become patchy over time. I have yet to have it wear off. I work my shift, come home, it's still on and looks good, all after 13+ hours of wear. I oil cleanse to remove all traces of makeup. I would say this is full coverage on me. It does not have the "paint" feeling of Revlon Colorstay or Estee Lauder Double Wear, but provides close to the same coverage when applied. I have been using Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid and this has made my pores less apparent. Using this Shiseido foundation covers the rest of my pores without sinking into them. Almost flawless 40-something skin is the result. Don't wait to try this. I'm sorry I waited as long as I did. All my other foundations are going on the swaplist.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by CarlyCut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite foundations of all time. I've been using this on and off for years and the only reason is because the SP10 shade seemed to be a little too dark at times, but whenever I went back to a drugstore foundation or sampled another high end foundation my skin looked horrible and often burned when I put foundations on containing sunscreen. This foundation doesn't burn my skin! I shake it for about 30 seconds before applying and I don't apply a primer or anything underneath, and I apply with my fingers and people stop me all the time to tell me how great my skin is! And my skin is so not great! This foundation worked well when I was more oily and it still works well now that I have drier skin. I've never used a powder over this foundation and it lasts and lasts. Unless you have very dry skin, this foundation won't matte-up your face, which I love.

This foundation blends like a dream, and is a godsend for women who don't have time to use brushes or sponges to apply foundation. It is very buildable; when I wake up I have a pink pink face and this covers all of that up. One layer is light coverage and two layers is medium coverage for me and 3 layers is like medium-full coverage.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, yellow understones and red acne marks to cover.

I love the concept of a tinted sunscreen basically for foundation. I tried to make it work btwn SP50 and SP60, but there was always a slightly pink / ashy mask on my yellow toned skin. There seems to be some sheen as well, so this looked to sit on top of my face and emphasized my large pores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Could I possibly be in HG heaven here? I have only had this for 2 days and my skin hasn't looked this good since...ever! I can't tell you how much money I have recently wasted on foundations that are flat out terrible! I just don't know how they could even be hyped about. THIS, however, is actually REALLY good. So many higher end f/ds are priced so high and yet I just don't see the quality. They are drugstore f/ds with a high price tag. You know how you will watch these MU tutorials and the girls all feature a certain foundation, their face is glowing and all, so your like alright I'll give "foundation-X" a shot. You go out and buy "foundation-X". After your done blending, powdering, highlighting ect. you think, "Huh. ..I look kinda crappy". Or maybe that moment doesn't hit you until later in the day. Well, this has mostly been my experience up until this foundation. I think I knew from the moment I smoothed it over the back of my hand this would be a winner. The finish is flawless and I feel very camera ready :) Beautiful matte finish that sinks right into skin without looking cakey whatsoever and staying power like I have never experienced before. And the best part? It still looks natural, like it becomes one with your skin!!!! The only downfall to this is that I could not find one shade that matched me perfectly. What I ended up doing is buying the shades SP60 and SP10 and mixing them. 75.00 later....... I know, I know!! But I was pretty serious about finding a f/d that made me feel pretty and airbrushed again. Turns out the 2 shades blend to make my perfect match! I think for the average person it wouldnt be that hard to find your match in just one foundation, it's just that I have skin that falls right into the middle category of yellow and cool. Plus I think it's nice to have 2 shades for highlighting puposes. But anyway, go out and get your self some samples of this if you're like me and have struggled finding a good foundation. For reference I am NW20, oily, and acne-prone. Hopefully you'll be as wow-ed as I am with this!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by emmeviene

I really love this product for the summer. I have combination skin, which tends to become oilier in the summer and this is the only foundation that lasts. It's lightweight and has SPF 30 (My Sephora only carried an SPF 30 but I think there's another version with a higher SPF).

The only beef I have with this product is its shade range. It only has 7 shades available. I have a medium skin-tone with some yellow undertones.

I first bought the shade SP50, which is the 3rd to the darkest shade but unfortunately it was too light for my skin tone. I ended up buying a shade darker (SP60).

Fair-skinned ladies will probably find a shade to match them but darker-skinned ladies will have a very hard times.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

THE BEST HIGH SPF FULL-COVERAGE FOUNDATION ON THE MARKET - no question. The color range isn't the greatest, but a close match can be found, and an exact match can be made by combining two shades. I first purchased this for a trip to Hawaii. I have combination skin, I'm fair, and I burn fast in the sun. I knew my week in Hawaii would entail beaches, surfing, hiking, and plenty of picture-taking. I needed my face to look great - from the time I applied foundation in the morning through the impromptu picnics and late-night barbecues - through the wind, sand, surf, heat, and perspiration - and all without any touch-ups. Did I mention I have blotchy skin plagued by rosacea and hyperpigmentation? I needed full coverage that didn't cake and wore like a second skin. I took one look at the watery consistency of this stuff and thought there was no way. To my complete shock, it covered my multitude of blemishes immediately and dried to a a near-matte finish just as quickly. There's no shimmer and I wouldn't call it dewy, but it's not completely flat. There was no hint of shine, and I didn't even apply powder. My skin looked naturally even-toned and shine-free in person and up close. For the first time ever, my skin actually looked flawless - I mean, flawless - in vacation photos. I live in Miami year-round. This is now my staple, Holy Grail, cannot-live-without, full-coverage foundation for days when I know I'm going to be outdoors and looking polished is a must. It's not my everyday foundation because it's a bit pricey when I don't need my foundation to do the impossible - but for days when I do, there's nothing else that even comes close.

15 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Redbone21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Update 1/25/14
    Not really my go to foundation these days. Im finding that when worn a long amount of time it gets funny looking in my pores. A day where im in the sun yes this is good but so is their sunscreen. The coverage is nice but meh nothing spectacular to me anymore. With age comes wisdom lol

Had to do a review on this since i feel I've owned it long enough. Ok my skin can be very oily and when i use my acne products (acne.org system) normal. When my skin was oily this lasted maybe 3-6 hours blotting every 2 or 3 hours. And extreme heat? It wasnt that good :o/ but honestly what foundation is? Lately, while i've been using my acne.org system this seems to last ALL DAY. This is what I do. Wash my face, wait 5-7min, put on BP, wait 15, put on sunscreen or moisturizer wait 5 min. Then I use a dot on my hand with an ELF powder brush and blend. Then i put on Sephora matte powder and some bronzer. Then spray urban decay setting spray. Thats it. this is all done with around 8am. I dont get back home til 5 or later (latest being 9) and even through the heat it's still on my face. :o) I feel that this foundation works better for me though because of my recent skin care. In terms of sun protection its pretty good. I usually tan before I burn but my face can burn pretty easy and this prevents it. My only pet peeve is that I have this in 30sp and its definitly too light for me but i use a good powder so I'm ok. I got a sample of 70sp and that was too dark. The 2 blended together worked well but I just ran out of the sample. So with that being said I dont know my exact color with this foundation. Its not that many options so hopefully I find it. This also covers acne blemishes pretty good for me. I havent used concealer on my face in while using this. Also try buying this from ebay or amazon. I only paid $27 on ebay and $32 i think on amazon. Much cheaper than amazon. Even though this is marketed towards asian skin types this has worked for my light African American skin. Worth a try and do your research :o)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love love love! this is perfect hot weather foundation. it feels so light, yet gives a good medium coverage, long wearing, doesnt break down even when sweating has high sunscreen which i like for the summer when i dont want to put on so many layers of skincare beneth the foundation...it is perfect. of course this is not good for pictures due to the sunscreen...face looks white! in pictures so as long as you dont take pictures regularly, this is an awesome foundation. i love the small sleek, plastic blue packaging too. it is great to travel with...never leaked in flights! i will always have this in my collection. i use shade sp50. for reference, i am 20 beige in chanel perfection lumiere and b20 in vitalumiere aqua, nars sheer glow in fiji is a little too yellow for me and laura mercier mineral powder in natural beige is a little dark for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by sarahjayy

When I first bought this foundation in May i absolutely loved it! I research a lot before i actually commit to a foundation so i was pretty excited. The color SP60 was a perfect match and up until recently i could wear it without getting oily throughout my day. A few things in the reviews that got me to commit was that it said it was full coverage and pretty much a matte finish. The coverage for me wasn't that great, no matter how much i tried to build coverage it didn't work for the small (but noticeable) amount of acne i have. I also have an eight hour work day and now i have school right after i get off so its inconvenient to have to do touch ups. I have gotten very oily with this makeup on and i feel like it slides off my face. I really wouldn't recommend to people with oily, acne prone skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Chickabomb

I'm in a love/ hate relationship with this product. It's the only foundation that I use right now.

Pros:
    - makes Your skin look flawless for 2-3 hours
    - SPF
    - water and sweat resistant

Cons:
    - pretty liquid (hard to apply)
    - dries super fast (hard to blend)
    - you can't really work it into your skin so it moves around during the day :D :/
    - melts away after 3 hours -> makes you look blotchy (oily combination skin)
    - changes color from fresh and bright to grey and sick-looking

I have oily combination skin, I'm a NW20 and this foundation is only available with SPF 30 in Germany. I only keep using this because of the flawless finish it gives you the first 2-3 hours after you applied it. I usually regret the application of this foundation after 3 hours.

--------
    Sorry for any grammar/ spelling mistakes ;)