April 20, 2014 | 1686 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Chickabomb

I'm in a love/ hate relationship with this product. It's the only foundation that I use right now.

Pros:
- makes Your skin look flawless for 2-3 hours
- SPF
- water and sweat resistant

Cons:
- pretty liquid (hard to apply)
- dries super fast (hard to blend)
- you can't really work it into your skin so it moves around during the day :D :/
- melts away after 3 hours -> makes you look blotchy (oily combination skin)
- changes color from fresh and bright to grey and sick-looking

I have oily combination skin, I'm a NW20 and this foundation is only available with SPF 30 in Germany. I only keep using this because of the flawless finish it gives you the first 2-3 hours after you applied it. I usually regret the application of this foundation after 3 hours.

--------
Sorry for any grammar/ spelling mistakes ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my Holy Grail for the summer months! I live in a place where the weather can get VERY hot (we're talking, into the 100s). Therefore, this foundation is a lifesaver for the summer months. It has a great, light texture and barely feels like I have it on. It also has a soft matte texture that's great for combination-skin girls like myself, in controlling the oil in my T-zone and any sweat. It's also non-comedogenic and doesn't break me out like other sunscreen products often do. I also love that it's got a high SPF 42, which is very difficult to find in a foundation (most only go up to SPF 20 at the most). Therefore, it's great for my lazy days when I don't feel like taking separate steps to put on both sunscreen and foundation, since is both of those things at once. The only negative I can think of is that it tends to grab on to any dry spots you have due to the matte texture (like my cheeks). Therefore, moisturize well before putting it on. The packaging also leaves something to be desired but oh well, it's good enough and it's more important how something looks on your face than how pretty it looks on your bathroom counter! (to me, nice packaging is just a nice bonus but not a must-have). This is a keeper and I haven't found anything better for summer! It also photographs very well and doesn't give me the whitish cast most SPF products do.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by poshpepper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a great long lasting foundation that provides excellent sun protection. I am about N10 and use SP10 (which is slightly pink for me, but not terribly so)
I would describe this foundation as medium coverage that is buildable. The finish is slightly dewy, but it wears very well under powder. It does not emphasize skin issues (I have acne scarring and occasional dry skin patches).
My favorite way to apply this foundation is with a dense foundation brush (like the Sephora #56) and find that I get a more even application than with fingers.
The foundation has a runny consistency so it is easy to get too much out of the container, but makes application easier.
This is my go-to foundation for days where I will be outside for extended periods of time. I pair this with the SPF 55 face cream (Shiseido also) and have not noticed any new freckles or skin discoloration.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by saramathison

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very fair, combination, sensitive skin and I love this foundation. I've tried a bunch of drugstore and high-end foundations and I find myself reaching for this more than all of them. It lasts all day, I can't feel it, doesn't cling to my dry patches and doesn't make my pores look bigger. A few things you have to do tho: Shake the bottle 15 times before using it. Use a tiny amount and blend it with your fingers. And if you have dry skin, of course use moisturizer first.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, so I have had this foundation for awhile now. I used it maybe a grand total of 3 times last summer and tossed back into my drawer until I came here and read all the glowing reviews & HAD to give it another chance. My first experience was not really all that great... This foundation slid around my face quite a bit, sunk into my pores, and generally did not look that fantastic after an average day (not outside for too long).

Again, I have been testing it out in the humid, hot early days of June and honestly . . . My feelings have not really changed THAT much. I definitely do not dislike it as much as I did to begin with, then I would have given it a 1 but now a 3, which is an average score.

I put it on at about 6:45 this morning, it is 8:45ish pm now, and I spend a good amount of time just doing nothing but sitting indoors, or riding in a car and it is still pretty darn crummy looking. My skin is not really that terrible either, it is quite smooth, but oily (I use foundation to cover some redness).

It is passable though, but I honestly like Chanel VA much better, or even ELDW sheered out with moisturizer. Both come out looking much better than this by the end of the day, and while I appreciate the SPF in this, I already wear a 50 SPF primer so I do not really need it. :[

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

This foundation is great. It is very light but you can build it up if needed. Frankly, on mature skin it is very flattering. Next to Chanel Vitalumere it is my favorite foundation these days. Takes a lot of testing to figure these things out. I will say, shake it well before using.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Xintothebreezex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this product! I'm going to do a really I'm depth review because I am so amazed by this!

First a little background... I have such oily skin it's not even funny.  I can go maybe four hours before getting oily in the winter, and barely two hours in the humid new york weather.  I've been getting by using milk of magnesia, a primer, and revlon color stay.  But for the summer, color stay is much too heavy and not powerful enough to control my summer time oiliness!

Coverage is medium.  Evens out your skin tone amazingly, and goes on so smoothly.  It blends in nicely, and is absorbed by your skin almost immediately so act fast!  But if you have bad acne then you'll have to use a bit of concealer.  It is so light, it literally feels like you splashed water on your face and has no wight at all.

Oil control is IMPECCABLE.  COMPLETELY WATERPROOF AND RIDICULOUSLY SWEAT PROOF.

I went to six flags with my school last week.  I put this on at 615 am with milk of magnesia as a primer.  The temperature that day was literally 102 degree in the park, plus ridiculous humidity due to constant threat of a thunderstorm. I ran around the park from 10 to 330, sweating so much I refused to look in the mirror because I knew I'd be disgusted.  I went on waterrides and may have poured a water bottle over my head :) When I got on the bus at 4 to go home, I looked at my mirror in fear.  But I was AMAZED.  It looked like I had just put it on! It was perfect! So fresh looking! NO oil and NO patchiness or melt off.  It was unbelievable.  And when I didn't get home until 730, it still looked incredible!

When I say sweat proof and waterproof and oil proof, you might say does it clog pores?  NO.  my skin actually cleared up after this, maybe because it is so light and breathable.  Also, just be warned, it doesn't stop you from sweating.  You still sweat, but the makeup doesn't melt off or run when you do.

Better yet, it has SPF.  And it works! On my six flags trip, I forgot to put sunscreen on my face aside from this foundation.  And unbelievably, my face was not burned while the rest of my body was.

I literally cannot say anything bad about this.  The price is a bit hefty, but TOTALLY worth every cent.  The packaging is ehhh, cute from the outside but the cap tends to get covered with product inside which wastes some of it if you don't keep it right side up.

Please try this if you have as much trouble as I do! This may become my year round foundation as well!  It controls oil better than any I've tried, including: revlon color stay, clinique stay true, bare minerals matte, almay clear complexion, neutrogena healthy skin, maybe line 24 hour superstay, make up forever face and body, tarte smooth operator, cover girl oil control makeup, maybe line dream liquid mousse, maybe line dream matte mousse, loreal magic smooth souffle, etc. Etc.

Love it!

Only draw back is the shades... I am fair skinned but use the second to darkest color in the summer, so dark skinned beauties may not be able to use this :(

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by vxbabi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for the past 2 months now and I live in Florida which is hot and humid. This foundation is like no other and I have many. It gives medium to full coverage and covers my sun spots. It looks amazing under sunlight in pictures. My skin looks flawless.
not drying as i thought, in fact easy to blend. Shiseido offers amazing sun care products. I would purchase this again and encourage every skin type to try it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Muusi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a very acne-prone skin , plus the climate is very hot and lot of humid. It is lightweight but at the same time very pigmented and a surprisingly a good coverage. I do not fancy the bottle very much and the amount is also less that i expected..but im ready for anything for a coverage, sun-protection and non-acnegenic
Im happy
NB! of course i have tested it only 2 weeks until now and not every day

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by sartra118

I love this foundation for the summertime! It's so light in texture so it glides on your skin and blends in easily. The sunscreen is a priority for summer. Wear it during the daytime only because the high spf will make you look like a ghost in night time photos. This gives light coverage and will need powder to set. It CAN smear off in water so don't expect it to be waterproof. Otherwise, I love how light and protective this foundation is. I love how compact the bottle is (perfect for summer travels), but don't be fooled by its tiny size, this product will last a while.