NARS Laguna

4.3

Ingredients: talc, polymethyl methacrylate, nylon-66, ptfe, zea mays, polyethylene, dimethicone, silica, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, zinc stearate, disodium edta, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben. May contain: mica, ci 77891, ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499, ci 77288, ci 77289, ci 77007, ci 77163. 7/18/09

on 5/27/2014 11:29:00 AM

I adore Nars Laguna.
I have fair to medium skin and tend to fake tan during the summer months. Whatever my skin tone, Laguna complements it perfectly. The colour is the perfect mix, its not too muddy nor too orange toned and can be built up for contour or swept lightly for an all over glow.
Lasting power is brilliant with this bronzer, of course depending on the foundation. If I wear a long lasting foundation, it lasts all day in the same spot. If I use a less lasting foundation it tends to end up at the bottom of my face/ top scenario.
When looking at the cost of the product (I think it is around the £26 mark?!), yes it is expensive but the product lasts forever! I received my first Laguna for a birthday and I didn't need to re purchase until my next birthday and that's with wearing it everyday! I will add that upon repurchase my original was in bad shape (faded writing, totally hit the pan and god damn dirty).
One thing I HATE about all Nars products is the packaging. Yes - it looks beautiful when you first receive it but after one use it is looking rough. The matte black packaging just isn't made for 'make up bag products' as they just get filthy.
So overall, lovely product, would recommend and buy time again however rubbish packaging!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Ahhh my favorite bronzer!
This is one of those bronzers you can use to contour or just warm up the face.
It comes with heaps of product and it isnt overly pigmented (in a good way)
I use this most days and it has a nice amount of glow it ads to the skin, it stays on all day and isnt too orange or too muddy!
If your looking for the perfect everyday bronzer, give this one a go! Although its expensive its totally worth it, i've had mine for a year, i use it every day and I've hardly made a dint!
Ive also tried the one by elf (the one thats meant to a dupe for nars) and i love that one too however there not similar at all!(in my opinion at least) however i do love the elf one aswell!!
Will be buying again! :)

on 5/17/2014 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a shimmery bronzer but it doesn't show up very shimmery on my face. I'm really not impressed with this. I have fair skin and I have to build this up to make it show up on my skin. I prefer Hoola from Benefit. I will probably not buy this again since I don't think it's that special.

on 5/15/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Laguna is a soft neutral brown shade, and contains subtle golden shimmer. This is my top choice as [to date] it's the only bronzer that works year-round with my very fair skin, and doesn't look orange or muddy on me - even in winter when I'm almost paper-white. Despite the shimmer in the formula this bronzer looks very natural and, if you use it before you set your makeup with powder, it also is fantastic for using as a contour powder.

The pigmentation is great, and the formula lasts all day on me. I have no complaints about this bronzer and will definitely rebuy it, even though the pan seems bottomless, as you don't need to use a lot of product to get a good colour payoff.

on 5/12/2014 11:26:00 AM

There's a reason why people love this and I think the only way to find out is to try it for yourself. It is very popular because it suits a lot of paler skin tones but that doesn't mean you have to be pale to enjoy Laguna. I'm NW25, so I'm more medium/olive. There is shimmer in this product, so you don't want to go overboard. I think darker skin tones have been recommended NARS Casino but I can only speak for things I know. Laguna doesn't show up as muddy or too orange because it's just right for me. I suspect it's because Laguna negates any pink/red in my skin and isn't too dark.

In Australia, the RRP is $55 (as of March 2014) in Mecca Cosmetica. Yes, it is pricy but I find that NARS offers products that you reach for frequently. I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to experiment with many brands when it comes to face makeup. I like to stick with what I know works for me. I'm happy with Laguna and I'll probably stick to it. I generally would fork more money for a powder product because the mid-high range offers more fine powders that are unlikely to irritate my skin and break me out. I loved Deep Throat so I figured that I'd go ahead and get a bronzer and highlighter from NARS too.

on 5/6/2014 6:19:00 PM

Pale girls! Fair girls! Porcelaine girls! This is the best bronzer for us! With a nice brush (Kashuk blusher) & a light touch this bronzer is great for both all-over face colour and/or sculpting features! NARS is packaged nicely (its not loose powder / kinda rubber-y compact easy to grip) I'm the whitest white girl that ever whited...Laguna does not apply on me orange, nor oxidize on my face to turn me orange throughout the day/night. I'd pay double the $ for this product.

p.s - Sometimes I also apply Too Faced Snow Bunny Bronzer(has a bit of pink in it) on apples of cheeks to further sculpt/define w/Laguna as all-over colour

on 5/5/2014 12:19:00 PM

Well…when i first got it i thought the bronzer would be so shimmery, but i was wrong! when you applied it onto your face it makes your face looks healthier :) and i use it as a contour, sometimes…overall it is an amazing product for $40 in here!

on 4/29/2014 7:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Very good bronzer. Not orangey in colour and not too shimmery. I tend to use this for the day time and as a contour. If I want to be really bronzed I will use something else with a bit more shimmer and colour pay off. Still this is a great product that I also use as an eyeshadow on my crease. it's pretty pricey, so I am always looking for something similar but cheaper.

on 4/11/2014 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well I have gave this bronzer top marks. I love the colour its really natural looking and does not look cakey as like other matt bronzers can do. Its really matt and works great for contouring the face. I am just about to run out and will be re-purchasing. I have fair hair and normal skin, its the perfect shade for me.

on 3/13/2014 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This bronzer is the perfect, natural brown shade I've found so far in all the bronzers I have used. Easy to apply and leaves a naturally warm look to the face. Has some shimmer when in the pan which does not show up on the face as glittery or glowy. Good for contour or bronzing.

Popular Bronzers