October 26, 2014 | 861 users online

Moisturizers - Dove - Sensitive Essentials Day Lotion

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2006 8:44:00 AM More reviews by mmagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG winter moisturizer. I have very sensitive, oily skin that tends to dryness in the winter, so much so that my usual Oil of Olay beauty fluid doesn't cut it. This moisturizer is great - smooth, creamy, not too thick, and absorbs very quickly. It's fragrance free, and since I use a separate sunscreen I don't mind that it has no SPF. Like other reviewers have said, the packaging is clumsy, but that's my only quibble. As long as the weather's cold and dry, I'll keep reaching for this moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2006 3:45:00 PM More reviews by sciongirl17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this might be my HG moisturizer because it made my skin look really great and the texture was wonderful. And then it clogged my pores and broke me out. Sadly I'll have to continue the search.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2006 12:24:00 PM More reviews by kissmark

This is a light, nongreasy moisturizer that absorbs very quickly. My skin is soft and hydrated without the greasy feeling. It is not the most moisturizing, so dry skin girls might not find it strong enough to use in the winter. But for a combo skined girl like me it's good enough. I am acne prone and this has not broken me out yet. It doesn't contain SPF, but that's not a problem for me since I use another sunscreen anyway. The packaging is not great, as many mentioned before the cap is kind of funny. But overall I like it, it does what it suppose to, w/out leaving my skin shinny and greasy, and it's fairly inexpensive. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2005 10:03:00 AM More reviews by whitey112

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is my old stanby. I have extremely sensitive skin and I know that I can use this product as a light moisturizer when my skin is going through a particularly rough time- PMS, chapped, breakout etc. I also love that you can buy it without SPF so I can use it at night as well if I want. In terms of comparing it to other products at the same price point, it is far better than oil of olay, aveno, etc.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2005 10:09:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is nice to have fragrance free day lotion from Dove as I find that most of their products are too highly fragranced for me. This is a nice lightweight moisturizer that contains various skin lipids that protect the skin and help to keep it hydrated. I layer this between a vitamin C serum and top off with Eucerin spf 30 lotion and am satisfied with the results. I wish this was in a pump dispenser as the squeeze bottle approach gets a little irritating as you get down to the end of the bottle. Comes in a 4.05 oz bottle for around $6.00.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2005 2:11:00 AM More reviews by marippe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i recieved a sample of this & did not like it. it caused my skin to break out, and i didn't feel that it was moisturizing enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2005 9:59:00 AM More reviews by gothchiq

I like this. It's truly non irritating, sinks right in, no greasy feel. My makeup has SPF so I don't worry about this not having it. It's a little hard to dispense the right amount. I end up massaging any extra into my hands.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2005 4:38:00 AM More reviews by ilec

Not moisturizing enough, I can't believe I bought a second bottle, probably because I haven't found anything else in the meantime for my sensitive skin. This doesnt spread well either. Btw, the packaging sucks, its so hard to squeeze out, and I leave it on my table upside down.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2005 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Mandilicious82

My HG day lotion right here! I have sensitive acne prone skin so I opted out of the SPF version. This cream is so LIGHT and absorbs in seconds. Keeps my combination skin perfectly balanced without any irratation or heavy greasy feeling. PLease try, you'll love it. Only thing I'd change is to make the top of the bottle a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2005 5:44:00 PM More reviews by amylou6868

I love this stuff. I have sensitive skin with an extremely oily t-zone with dehydrated cheeks. This lotion is packaged in a 4.05 oz. white squeezey-type bottle with a light blue pull/twist off lid. This is the only lotion I have ever used (from cheap to high end) that did not irritate my sensitive skin AT ALL. It glides on smoothly, a little goes a long way, and it instantly sinks in. My skin feels hydrated and calm, never greasy. I also love to mix one tiny dollop of this with my Revlon Colorstay foundation to ease the application and tone down the color a bit.