October 30, 2014 | 1711 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by natashasheerin

PROS
- Very pigmented.
- Smells good!
- Last a long time on the lips.

CONS
- Slightly drying if you haven't used a lip balm beforehand.

This is my all time favourite lipstick! It lasts for ages, it's a beautiful colour that would suit most skin colours and it's just an amazing classic red.
Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by alexandra0107

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I like this lipstick. Pretty colour but nothing that I can't achieve through drugstore lipsticks. Maybe I'm not blown away due to the fact I heard so many GREAT things about this and had really high expectations. Doesn't make my teeth look super white like everyone says but didn't make them look yellow either. Doesn't go on great but that's due to the fact it's a matte and I just don't love mattes. I use my eos to hydrate then my red babylips underneath and that problem is soon solved. Didn't bleed too much but wasn't perfect either. You NEED a mirror to apply this. Uh, overall nice lipstick but nothing spectacular. Love the mac lipstick scent though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by boredtotears1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great lipstick - good coverage / pigment & easy to apply.
Sadly my over 40 lips & brown/ blonde highlighted hair don't suit the bright red ... I prefer "Amorous"

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by christina001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite Mac red, matte but not ultra matte like Ruby woo (my dry lips thank Mac for that, although the ultra matte look is soo chic..), wearable during the day if you're daring enough, makes your teeth look really white, is THE classic (blue) red colour. (for reference: I am NC25 in Mac and Warm beige to natural in Bobbi Brown). Also the red that got me into wearing reds now at 31.

I don't think one needs to know more about this lipstick - well worth the rave! Will get it for my Mom, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by ravonnilu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I own a few red lipsticks from MAC but I would say this is by far the best one for me! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by jewelishappy

This is my go-to shade of brighter red from Mac :) in contrast to Dubonnet as the darker shade of my choice. I love this bright red hue :) plus it does not come off easily because of its matte finish :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am not a fan of red l/s or bright shades in general. I often want to experiment with these shades but find them intimidating. I would purchase cheap bright shades by Revlon or L.A Girl but I was just wasting my money because no one is there to advise you when you purchase them. You get the total hit or miss all on your own.

I decided to just go the the MAC outlet and ask for a red shade that would work for my skin tone (NW45 for Ref). The salesperson recommended either Russian Red or MAC Red. But she said that Russian Red is matte and it would look better on me. And I must say it looks great.

It is a powerful true red l/s not leaning on too much orange or blue. It stays put for hours without drying. If you are not used to wearing reds the last thing you need to worry about is bleeding and it smearing all over your face.

This shade just lit up my face. I did my regular foundation routine (with lighter blush) and minimal eye make up (black e/l and mascara) and my skin appeared much clearer and luminous than if I paired the same routine with a different lip.

This looks great if you wear your hair up or have bangs.

I always thought that it would be better to spend more on your everyday l/s and less on the adventurous ones. Wrong! At the end of the day we all want to look our best and it does not make sense looking in sale bin for something you are more not to use when you could spend a little more but thoroughly enjoy what you bought because you are certain it looks great on you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

I'm not sure what else could be said about this legendary lipstick, but it is absolutely necessary for EVERY red lipstick lover to own this. I usually stick to my trusty Chanel reds, but they require a lot of maintenance due to their creamy texture. Russian Red is the ultimate blue-based ruby red, it just lights up your whole face and would look good on any skintone. Plus it lasts for hours, and when paired with a lipliner (I use Cherry or Trust in Red lip pencil), this stuff ain't goin' nowhere. The matte texture can be a bit drying, but if you exfoliate your lips beforehand and put a bit of lip balm, it shouldn't be a problem. In comparison to Ruby Woo, Russian Red is hydration land, and the color is a wee bit darker and not as bright. Russian Red is my power woman lipstick, I wear it when I need to be most confident, and to look and feel beautiful. If you don't like MAC lipstick formulations, Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani in 400 is very similar.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by ivettg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If you want a beautiful red lipstick, Russian Red should be high up on your list.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite red lipstick! I bought this on vacation and it is so beautiful! I actually thought it would be too intense for me, but I wore it out twice and got nothing but compliments! And it lasted the whole time I was out! So matte, so pigmented, with true lasting power. My mom was shocked at how well it stayed on. Red lipstick fans, buy this!