August 22, 2014 | 1903 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by payjark

This is my HG red lipstick (HE wise) and there's not much to say other than its a perfect matte red for my skintone. I will repurchase this for as long as I can.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by roaringofthelamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a fantastic lipstick - probably the best matte red lipstick ever. I wore this with MAC Kiss Me Quick lipliner (as suggested by one of the girls at the MAC counter) and it lasted ALL DAY. No joke. A lot of people say this lipstick is drying because of the matte texture but I didn't really experience anything like that. I've never had a lipstick last this long on me, and I got a ton of compliments on it when I wore it! I'm in love.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by dayangmahanij

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this lipstick so much! very good staying power!! amazing on my fair asian skin tone. It's really matte and doesn't transfer at all.good quality!! I will definitely repurchase it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by bubbelbad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

My holy grail, my go-to red lipstick, called it whatever you want. This lipstick is absolutely amazing. With my light blond hair and fair skin it really makes my face Pop, with a capital letter P! The matte finish is really gorgeous with the color. Just add a little mascara and you're good to go.

The bright red color with blue undertones, surprisingly, really seems fit to me, even though my skintone is really yellowish and warm. Also the lasting power is fantastic. It's so pigmented that it even survives a cup of noodles, which is really greasy and most lipsticks disappear where Russian Red stays. But the lipstick being really pigmented can be a con as well: it tends to dry out my lips throughout the day. But there's nothing a little bit of Burt's Bees lipbalm can't solve. Plus, it fades away in an even way, so at the end of the day you won't look like you've used red lipliner over your natural lips. It's doesn't turn pink or orange either and stays true to its color the entire day.

Also, it's the first lipstick ever that I have (almost) finished. After 1,5 years there's nothing left but a little stub. When I go to America I would definitly make use of Back to Mac to get my second one. I would heavily recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Ummie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of my HG red lippies! I prefer Russian Red to Ruby Woo, which is a little drying. Lovely red classic colour. I apply it with either a lipbalm or a chapstick before applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by MedGirl17

This is my favourite make-up product ever. Like, no exaggeration. Beautiful, long-lasting colour in a neat and tidy container. I have never found a better, more classic and timeless red. I don't have perfectly white teeth, so I have to be careful that I don't wear orangey-reds as these make my teeth look more yellowy, but this lipstick doesn't cause yellow-looking teeth! Simply stunning.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by camillebeth

I do like this lipstick, however, if I wear it for a prolonged period of time, it settles into my lip lines. It is a bit drying, but I expected that from a matte lipstick. The shade is perfect on my skin tone, but I hate how orange it looks in photos! If you need a blue-based red lipstick for photos, do not buy this. The price of this lipstick isn't too bad. I don't consider this to be a "high-end" product. (It's only $15). It is my HG red lipstick. I have tried many, many drugstore "dupes" and they've all not been able to replicate the quality of this lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by 10012039

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my top 1 favorite lipstick. I'm currently on my third tube of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Since I already own about 5 good brand red lippies I hesitated on this.... But none of the others were quite 'right'. They were either a shade off, or bled/didn't stay on, whatever. Then I heard about this lipstick vs Ruby Woo so I went to MAC asking about both. I wanted a perfect true-to-coolish red that was kinda dry so it would stay ON MY LIPS!! Well she said ruby woo was soooo drying and so pink it might pull somewhat magenta w my red hair, and definitely suggested RR. She said it too was dryish and would stay on but had a teensy bit more of a sheen. Well my MAC gal didnt steer me wrong. This red DELIVERS. As other reviewers have stated, it stays perfectly in your lip line til bedtime. All u have to do is freshen up a tiny bit after eating or whatever. It is SO GREAT!!! It is VIBRANT. I will never be w/o this perfect perfect red!!! It takes coconut oil to get it off ( well that's what I use to remove makeup at night). If you're looking for a great red run don't walk to MAC and try Russian Red!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by luvtolaugh1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just bought this today. I already had the Limited Edition MAC Viva Glam Cyndi, but I found it too sheer and it never lasted long at all. I wanted a classic red lip that would stay perfect looking. I bought this at a MAC store today, then applied it while I was in a Sephora...within seconds of walking off after, I was complimented on it by one of the Sales ladies. I have eaten dinner and taken a shower while wearing this and it hasn't budged or faded at all! In fact I'm sitting here in my pajamas with it still on! Perfect red lipstick!