MAC Russian Red

4.6

on 2/4/2014 9:52:00 PM

Russian Red is the perfect "true red" lipstick. It isn't too dark, or too light and has a matte finish for the pin up girl look. The one draw back to this lipstick is it is slightly drying (as with most matte lipsticks) but it's nothing that lip balm can't solve. It looks great with my fair complexion but also looks good on other skin tones. I wear this lipstick in the daytime and at night and I always get compliments. It lasts a very long time and usually requires one touch up per day, if that. I will definitely repurchase this lipstick when I run out as it is my most worn red lipstick!

on 1/31/2014 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I only bought this because I was at the mac counter looking for a red lip and both "Riri Woo" and "Ruby Woo" were out of stock (ahhhhh- I know) the sale girl was super nice and accomodating and pulled out "russian red" admittedly I never heard of it but it was pretty enough when she put it on me. The liner she use was cherry if anyone wants to know. She also did a bold liner look on me and I liked that too.

on 1/31/2014 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Best lipsticks I have ever tried on is from MAC .i am in love with their lipsticks actually .and this gives the perfect red classy touch for your lips.as well as long wear ...it won't take off easily .and doesn't need a lipstick brush to apply it..gives the perfect pout ..I recommend mac lipsticks for every skin tone since they have a nice collection of different colors.

on 1/28/2014 1:54:00 AM

Presenting to you my first ever mac lipstick-Russian Red.😍Two words...perfect red! This color is classic and elegant. Not too bright, not too dark for a classic Marilyn Monroe look. It is gorgeous on fair skinned but will definitely look good on any skin tone. It has a matte finish and glides on smoothly compared to the retro matte formula of ruby woo. It doesn't come off easily. In general, this is the loveliest red from mac and will forever be my favorite!

on 1/24/2014 11:03:00 PM

While I love the color of this red, I prefer a much more moisturizing lipstick. When I wear this, even with a lip balm base, my lips feel so incredibly dry all day. This was my first MAC purchase and I'm slightly disappointed, but there's no denying that this red looks great on just about everyone. I just wish it provided *some* moisture.

on 1/24/2014 10:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this was my very first mac purchase and let me tell ya, it it amazing. I have very pale skin and the true red is just perfect

on 1/15/2014 3:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love it so much! I prefere it to Ruby woo, it looks better on me. It lasts forever and it's not drying. If I had to pick up only one red lipstick, it would definitely be this one. I've worn only this during the past Christmas holidays. I also bought its lipglass, and the combo looks divine.

on 1/14/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick lasts. I just got it and i used it for a good 15h. it doesn't transfer much (if i just exfoliate and don't use a lipbalm). During that 15h, i needed to reapply once, and only on the inner lips after i ate, didn't bleed even though i didn't use a lipliner. I am really impressed, am always on the hunt for a good red lip, i think i don't need to anymore, period. Goes on perfect with my NC40 skintone; makes your teeth look whiter as well, what a classy colour. x

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Russian Red is one of the best reds out there. Not as blue as Ruby Woo but not as brick as Viva Glam I. It's the perfect red that I think anyone can wear. Especially great for someone looking to welcome the unconditional love a red lipstick brings to your life. This will always be in my collection.

on 1/2/2014 1:30:00 PM

Smooth application, lasts all night. Smells great too! Love the matte look.

Popular Lipsticks