November 27, 2014 | 979 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam V

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

upon hearing great things about MAC lipsticks, I decided to go out and buy one.
This is a fantastic lipstick overall. A great, neutralish red that can be paired with anything and isn't overpowering. It's sort of matte, so using a heavier hand on applying is needed. It goes on smooth and doesn't dry out my lips.
The staying power could be better, though. After three or so hours, it's faded out quite a bit and this is without eating or drinking. It's why I can't give it a full five rating, though I wish I could.

Despite that flaw, I'm very happy that I have it. And of course, the packaging is compact and looks good. I wish more product came with it also, especially considering the price.

I will repurchase and will purchase many other lipsticks from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by emsparago

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The MAC sales woman showed me this color; at first I thought it'd be too dark for my skin, but when she had me apply it I fell in love!! I usually apply this with a lip brush to be precise and use a clear gloss to enhance the lustre. Overall a beautiful, natural color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Kaydee1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wore this on my wedding day, its my go to day to night colour. I'm incredibly pale, ginger really and its a great colour for me. Will buy as long as they have it available.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Jennada

My perfect neutral lip colour... love the consistency and scent of this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by chaleyhetwyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I HATE this lipstick. The consistancy, colour, i just think its horrible and Mac have alot of other great nudes. I think my main problem with it is that it is to sheer to be a nude and makes you look dead. Maybe if i had darker skin it would work.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by internetgirl

This is my lips but better lip color so it looks very natural. From far away, you can't even tell you are wearing lipstick. It is a pinky color with a slight red undertone. Has a slight sheen (I think this is a luster finish). Glides smoothly on lips. Love the sleek and classy packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by cyborgbombshell

This product is acceptable for my lips. My lips are a very pale pink and this lipstick gives a sheer glow to my lips. A bit pricey, but deffinitely gonna repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 7:29:00 AM More reviews by banjaxed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the only lipstick I have ever used up - and repurchased! When I first bought it I was not happy, I didn't like the pale colour at all and didn't think it suited me (probably because I was used to wearing darker reds). I have, however, grown to absolutely love this pale pink with golden shimmer (a MLBB shade definately)! It's great for those "no makeup days". I will definately repurchase and I'd recommend everybody to at least try it once!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 7:12:00 AM More reviews by missaah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my most used lipsticks. I absolutely LOVE it. Beautiful colour and all proceeds go to a good cause? Every lipstick wearing woman should have this one!
Its a gorgeous shimmery mauvey/rosey brown that goes well with my pigmented lips. Its a lustre formula which I admit isn't the best formula. It's quite sheer but it does have colour so don't worry, something will show up!
Its quite a versatile lipstick and because its so close to my lip colour, I can basically wear it with whatever e/s I want however, since it has shimmer, I'd wear it with matte e/s looks.
I definitely recommend this lipstick to all women, of all colours and ages:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This was one of those impulse, on-a-whim purchases for me. The only Viva Glam lipstick I ever considered buying was VG IV, but my MAC counter didn't have it in stock, and I wanted my next lipstick purchase to be Patisserie, but my counter didn't carry it. Apparently only the MAC stores carry it??
Anyway, I love the lustre finish in MAC l/s, and I immediately fell in love with this shade. How I skipped over this shade before, is a mystery to me. I'm NW15, with naturally pigmented lips (a bit more pigmented than normal), and I found this to be the perfect MLBB shade. PERFECT pinky neutral pearl rose. It looks a little dark in the tube, but being a lustre, of course it's going to be on the sheer side. It pulls a tad bit brown on me when built up, but it still looks gorgeous, and instantly brightens up my face no matter how I wear it. People look at this as a more 'mature' color, but I disagree, because of its sheerness. I also appreciate that every Viva Glam purchase goes toward a good cause. This is my fifth MAC lippie, and I can definitely see myself repurchasing this shade many times in the future. Lasting power was decent, around 4 hours without touchups (but I didn't eat anything, I just had a glass of iced tea during that time). With this lipstick, I instantly look 'naturally' made up. Need I say more? If you are a fair-skinned gal like me, go and get this lipstick!