MAC Viva Glam V

4.3

on 1/26/2012 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This lipstick looks so hedious on me simply because the finish on this lipstick is TOO FROSTY/METALLIC LOOKING, YUCK. I have many Mac lustre's but none look like this at all. As for the color it is nothing to write home about. Pink mauve that pulls more mauve than pink on me at least but the frost on this is a killer!. I get embarassed wearing it.
On the good note it is for a good cause (Breast Cancer for women) so I did buy for that reason alone. But I donot like wearing this lipstick at all.
If you do want to try the Viva Glam V lipgloss as the color and the finish is very nice of it.

on 1/23/2012 8:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This lippie has been recommended to me time and time again, so I finally purchased it. I had also tried it in the MAC store several times, but thought it was too boring to shell out the money for. But now that I've worn it at home, I do like it. It's a pretty standard shimmery nude, but not too metallic or gritty. It's not anything out of the ordinary or mind-blowing, but I do reach for it a lot. It's versatile and easy to wear with a variety of looks.

on 1/10/2012 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

So Viva Glam V, is, next to 3-D, one of my stapler colors ever since 2 months ago. It's... wow, wow. Like other people have commented here, it's a lovely MLBB shade, doesn't leave my lips too milky (something risky on a NC37 skintone... it took me a while to realize that, I thought I was NW30 before haha) and it stays comfortably put for a long time, even though I tend to reapply. I am definitely going to have this again, plus thinking that this is part of the MAC Viva Glam collection makes me even happier!!!

This is my favorite MAC lipstick...its MLBB on me, just a gorgeous nudey-mauvey-pinky shade that is very flattering. I don't find this drying at all, which is unusual because a lot of mac lipsticks are on me. I would definitely repurchase as this is a nice neutral pink that I can wear with just about any look. ♥ (NC20, dark brown hair, blue eyes for reference)

on 12/13/2011 11:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A good neutral lip colour. Matches my own lip pigmentation almost exactly so a great ' my lips but better' shade. I'm just not impressed by its lasting power and I have found similar shades for less in drugstore brands. Still I appreciate that any profits made from this go to a worthy cause.

on 11/25/2011 7:37:00 PM

Great neutral for everyday. However, the shimmers make it a little gritty-feeling on the lips. I'm glad I purchased though; it was for a good cause, and it was my first MAC lipstick. It's not overly pigmented or drying, but it isn't moisturizing either.

on 11/13/2011 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love the viva glam lipsticks because it helps to support the Aids and HIV foundation. However, this lipstick is not very hydrating, you need to apply lip balm first. The color of this lipstick looks so good on my lips, very professional and simple. I usually use this lipstick with my viva glam IV lip gloss.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

upon hearing great things about MAC lipsticks, I decided to go out and buy one.
This is a fantastic lipstick overall. A great, neutralish red that can be paired with anything and isn't overpowering. It's sort of matte, so using a heavier hand on applying is needed. It goes on smooth and doesn't dry out my lips.
The staying power could be better, though. After three or so hours, it's faded out quite a bit and this is without eating or drinking. It's why I can't give it a full five rating, though I wish I could.

Despite that flaw, I'm very happy that I have it. And of course, the packaging is compact and looks good. I wish more product came with it also, especially considering the price.

I will repurchase and will purchase many other lipsticks from MAC.

on 10/26/2011 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The MAC sales woman showed me this color; at first I thought it'd be too dark for my skin, but when she had me apply it I fell in love!! I usually apply this with a lip brush to be precise and use a clear gloss to enhance the lustre. Overall a beautiful, natural color.

on 10/23/2011 11:40:00 AM

I wore this on my wedding day, its my go to day to night colour. I'm incredibly pale, ginger really and its a great colour for me. Will buy as long as they have it available.

Popular Lipsticks