NARS Gilda

4.4

on 3/14/2010 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I decided I wanted Mac Ripe Peach after it sold out everywhere. So what was the next best thing, a good coral NARS blush. I love it. It gives me the nicest glow on my NW45/47 skin. I also bought Gina cause I thought it wouold be a dupe of the other side of Ripe Peach so I will be reviewing that next.

on 3/10/2010 5:54:00 AM

Pros:
Great coral colour! In the pan, I thought it would be too orangey but it looks great on my olive skin.

Cons:
Not really a summer colour for me, as I find that it's too dark - it makes it look like I have a dirty tan. =|

Pros:
Very pigmented. Only needs a little to show up on my face.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just love peachy blushes like MAC's Peaches so I decided to get Gilda and Gina. Gilda is soooooooooooooo pigmented, I just do a light swap on my brush and it goes on very smooth.

on 2/18/2010 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Gilda is very nice coral/peachy color that suprisingly suites my skin(NC50 for reference. Again like most NARS blushers this is very pigmented. I tend to gravitate towards NARS matte blushers mostly, I love it! this lasts all day, I not not have to re apply. Great buy! if I ran out, I would definately buy this again!

on 1/14/2010 12:15:00 PM

This makes my NC 40 complexion glow!! it makes me look healthy and bright - it is also lasting on my oily skin which, however it does fade as the day goes, but still there at the end of the day.

on 12/22/2009 5:20:00 PM

gilda- is a bright coral blush. matte. no sparkles or shimmers. and very pigmented. very pretty, but i will have to wait and see how often i use this since i am fair- med toned.

gilda has been compared to nars' DT blush. but i think they are very different.
.gilda is more pigmented and a deeper color . i barely tap my brush in the pan and i have a ton of color.
.DT is a light peach/pinky color with gold shimmer and gilda is matte coral with red undertones.

update- i think this is too deep for my fair/med skin. gave it to my sister who is a little more olive toned than i am.

on 12/12/2009 2:57:00 AM

very very pretty color on me, but i agree with the other reviewers saying how you MUST apply this with a slight slight hand. the packaging is nice, but it does get gummy easily

on 11/19/2009 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

On me, this looks like Deep Throat without the shimmer. I love it. I tried Gina but that was waaaay too orange for my NC30 skin. Gilda has just enough pink to give it a more natural look, but it is most definitely a peach blush. (DT shows up peach on me, I know for some people it's more pink). It takes more of this blush to show up on me unlike most of my other NARS blushes. Maybe it would work better for lighter skintones. I'll keep using it, though.

I like this blush...I really do, but I can get the same effect from Benefit Coralista (which I already owned before I bought this). The color isn't the EXACT same, but close enough. NARS $25 / Benefit $28. I guess it depends on which you prefer.

I like both (and since I own both) I'll wear them until they're gone. Probably won't repurchase though.

on 11/11/2009 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It looks a bit orange in the pan, which scared me off at first. However, when applied it is absolutely gorgeous. It's everything I always wanted MAC's "Melba" to be. LOVE IT!!!

Popular Blush Products