October 21, 2014 | 848 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Allllllly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the whole range of Almay's Blemish Clear Technology products. This is one of the few liquid foundations that I feel confident wearing because it does not break me out.
It has 0.6% Salicylic Acid which I find works in with the rest of my skincare routines Salicylic Acid amounts (as in it isn't too drying).
The packaging is brilliant. I love how it is a glass bottle and has a pump which all works pretty efficiently. I don't have to worry about it leaking when I am travelling and it also fits nicely in my make up draw- Yay!
I put this on after my moisturiser and powder over the top, but not too much, as this foundation dries to a matte surface.
It has medium coverage but the colour range could improve, sometimes i mix in a little of my Revlon Colourstay in Ivory so this isn't too dark.
This product has great staying power and lasts for most of the school day.
It dries fairly quickly so fast blending is required, and this needs to be done deeply as I find that if I don't blend well on an area of my skin, it sinks into my fine lines and i look like I have wrinkly skin haha!
I have the shade- Buff- which suits my skin colour pretty well and I am tanned, occasionally I add a drop of another foundation in a lighter shade to make it a little more natural.
I recommend this to those who are looking to control their blemishes and to have a foundation in which gives medium coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by HeavenlyHelenly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been wanting this for a while now, and finally got it a few days ago :). My skin is really oily and acne prone so i thought this would be perfect. The coverage is sheer, which i like because it appears more natural. After application, it feels like i am not wearing any makeup! It lasts about 7-8hrs for me and it seems to reduce oil production a little. The foundation dries to a matte finish, so powder is not really necessary. The bad thing about it is the lack of shade selection :(, none of them correctly match my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's aight. I used to use this daily for one or two years before they changed the packaging & I just bought it recently in the new packaging, because I needed *something* to replace my skin stays clean (hg foundation).
First off, I love the new packaging. Good on Almay for creating a glass pump bottle. It looks great & it's very convenient & doesn't waste product.
As for the formula, it's very good. It's not cakey or too thick, but it's not thin & runny either. Coverage is medium (which I Iike).
What really disappoints me though is the colour selection. I have pale skin so I chose the lightest shade (200) & it's just too dark & yellow. All day while I was wearing it I felt so self-conscious & was trying to find ways to hide my neck & chest because my face was yellow as a banana, but my neck & chest were completely pink! So that pissed me off...
In relation to oil control, it's alright. I have 12-hour days so of course at the end of the day I was an oil-slick, but hey what's new. The important thing is that with a very good powder this can get through 6 hours with minimal oiliness. That should be good enough for most people.
So to conclude, I love the formula & the packaging, but I am really upset about the colour selection. I just don't understand why they would make the palest shade so yellow.. It's very rare to see an extremely pale yellow-toned person.
I'm just so upset that I can't wear this
EDIT: Apparently they have a lighter shade called Ivory which would have been *perfect* for me, but it's not available in Australia. I hate this country...
However, I've just now bought the Ivory shade off of Amazon, so I'm happy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The Good:
No breakouts with this foundation
No 'heavy' feeling
Did not develop a reaction such as itchy skin, dryness

The bad:
Lack of shade selection :(

The ugly:
They discontinued the shade I used (tan 340)

This evens your skin tone very well without being to heavy I use the MAC 190 foundation brush to apply. I love how Almay updated the bottle with a pump (its more sanitary)This foundation is the best drugstore foundation I have used so far but please Almay, expand your shade selection!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by soonermitzi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a teen, I rarely had acne. Different story as an adult! At the time I purchased this, it was THAT time of the month and I was really broken out on both sides of my chin. Love how easily this makeup blends, it's easily buildable if you need more coverage in some areas. It also lasts me all day, and looks pretty decent come the end of the work day. Also, I noticed immediate improvement in my breakouts, and those areas never stung or got too dry. Makeup was not cakey and felt great, smooth and silky. Will definitely use when I am broken out.

***UPDATE: I quit using tis stuff because it was making my eyes sting CONSTANTLY. Just having it on my face and around my eyes was painful. Took me a little time to figure out it was this foundation causing it. Quit using and would not buy again.

***UPDATE: This stuff oxidizes pretty bad, turns orangey and dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone skin thats really sensitive, and this is the first drug store foundation i bought that was amazing. im in shade 220 neutral and i have like, olive skin and it works very well!
it lasts amazingly, id say, i like this even BETTER than the Revlon colour stay.
It covers my acne scars pretty well, and is very light weight.
The 0.6% salicylic acid helps i guess since i dont break out
and this lasts about 3-5 hours without a primer or powder
with a good primer, say tart, it could last you around 6-10 hours depending if you use a setting spray :)

love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Watties

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation, i have tried the tlc for a short amount of time but dont really remember whether or not i liked it. As a teenager i get the odd blemish here and there and this foundation helps alot when im trying to get rid of them! If the blemish is really bad i do use a tinted spot cream aswell, but usually its fine.
I dont set it with a powder as the finish is pretty matte in my opinion, but it is still natural looking.
For me (combination skin-normal, depending on the season) this founation lasts up to 5-6 hours which is a day at school for me.
I have very rosy cheeks and this foundation helps cover it, but not too the point that u cant see them which i like.
It is roughly $30 NZD which is a bit pricey, but its worth it. I will probably continue using it if i cant find a better HG.
I bought the shade buff, but wouldve preferred a slightly lighter shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by lillil0150

I originally bought the no-pump version. It was great!! That version was my HG. Then Almay updated the packaging and color choices. Why?! I re-purchased the product, except in its new packaging (pump version). It was pretty good, except the coloring was a bit darker and had more pink tones, instead of the non-pump formula, which had more yellow tones. At least both versions did not make me break out or irritate my skin! Overall, I'm sticking with it until I find a better suited HG...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by xkimberr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use to wear this in high school and continued to wear it for a while before I decided to start investing more in my makeup. It is ok! Offers light coverage and never broke me out or gave my sensitive skin a rash. It is a bit watery so it doesn't go on thick. But there are a lot of cons. It dries cracky, especially around blemishes. It does not cover dark spots or really red blemishes. It also is very drying and settles into lines and pores. Also, when you first put it on it seems to match your skin but it dries a lot lighter and almost powdery. I won't repurchase and don't really know why I used it for so long!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by zoohousekey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The coverage looked like a clay mask, plus it broke me out. That kinda defeats the purpose of a blemish healing makeup...