July 31, 2014 | 1976 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The Good:
No breakouts with this foundation
No 'heavy' feeling
Did not develop a reaction such as itchy skin, dryness

The bad:
Lack of shade selection :(

The ugly:
They discontinued the shade I used (tan 340)

This evens your skin tone very well without being to heavy I use the MAC 190 foundation brush to apply. I love how Almay updated the bottle with a pump (its more sanitary)This foundation is the best drugstore foundation I have used so far but please Almay, expand your shade selection!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by soonermitzi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a teen, I rarely had acne. Different story as an adult! At the time I purchased this, it was THAT time of the month and I was really broken out on both sides of my chin. Love how easily this makeup blends, it's easily buildable if you need more coverage in some areas. It also lasts me all day, and looks pretty decent come the end of the work day. Also, I noticed immediate improvement in my breakouts, and those areas never stung or got too dry. Makeup was not cakey and felt great, smooth and silky. Will definitely use when I am broken out.

***UPDATE: I quit using tis stuff because it was making my eyes sting CONSTANTLY. Just having it on my face and around my eyes was painful. Took me a little time to figure out it was this foundation causing it. Quit using and would not buy again.

***UPDATE: This stuff oxidizes pretty bad, turns orangey and dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone skin thats really sensitive, and this is the first drug store foundation i bought that was amazing. im in shade 220 neutral and i have like, olive skin and it works very well!
it lasts amazingly, id say, i like this even BETTER than the Revlon colour stay.
It covers my acne scars pretty well, and is very light weight.
The 0.6% salicylic acid helps i guess since i dont break out
and this lasts about 3-5 hours without a primer or powder
with a good primer, say tart, it could last you around 6-10 hours depending if you use a setting spray :)

love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Watties

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation, i have tried the tlc for a short amount of time but dont really remember whether or not i liked it. As a teenager i get the odd blemish here and there and this foundation helps alot when im trying to get rid of them! If the blemish is really bad i do use a tinted spot cream aswell, but usually its fine.
I dont set it with a powder as the finish is pretty matte in my opinion, but it is still natural looking.
For me (combination skin-normal, depending on the season) this founation lasts up to 5-6 hours which is a day at school for me.
I have very rosy cheeks and this foundation helps cover it, but not too the point that u cant see them which i like.
It is roughly $30 NZD which is a bit pricey, but its worth it. I will probably continue using it if i cant find a better HG.
I bought the shade buff, but wouldve preferred a slightly lighter shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by lillil0150

I originally bought the no-pump version. It was great!! That version was my HG. Then Almay updated the packaging and color choices. Why?! I re-purchased the product, except in its new packaging (pump version). It was pretty good, except the coloring was a bit darker and had more pink tones, instead of the non-pump formula, which had more yellow tones. At least both versions did not make me break out or irritate my skin! Overall, I'm sticking with it until I find a better suited HG...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by xkimberr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use to wear this in high school and continued to wear it for a while before I decided to start investing more in my makeup. It is ok! Offers light coverage and never broke me out or gave my sensitive skin a rash. It is a bit watery so it doesn't go on thick. But there are a lot of cons. It dries cracky, especially around blemishes. It does not cover dark spots or really red blemishes. It also is very drying and settles into lines and pores. Also, when you first put it on it seems to match your skin but it dries a lot lighter and almost powdery. I won't repurchase and don't really know why I used it for so long!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by zoohousekey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The coverage looked like a clay mask, plus it broke me out. That kinda defeats the purpose of a blemish healing makeup...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by kikibutternut

I researched this foundation before I bought it b/c I hate wasting my money on makeup I won't wear ever again. Most of the reviews seemed positive, so I decided to try it. I have pretty fair skin, so I wanted to get the lightest shade.They didn't end up having it so I got it in buff. I was so excited to use it, but it ended up totally sucking :( It had terrible coverage and made my skin even drier & redder (I have eczema). I would definatley not reccomend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by domisol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Once I figured out how to manuever the new formula (much thicker), I have been a happy camper. It takes a few steps, but worth an oil-free face all day. First of all, this product will dry to a powder finish but you have to give it time. If you want to put it on and go, then this is not for you. In the summer I use neutral, in the other months I have to add "buff" to the mix to lighten it a bit. Based on the time of year, I add more or less of the buff. I do find this product blends best with clean fingertips. My foundation brush just did not work well with the consistency of this foundation. After application with my fingertips, I go back and do an all-over circular motion to blend in the foundation. Here is where I have realized the difference in the shine-free time: after the foundation dries for about 5 minutes, I use the tarte bamboo airbrush finish foundation brush (the best brush on the planet) to "pat" in the foundation to set it. It does something to this foundation that is unreal. It sets it while providing a flawless look. I cannot really explain it, but know this is a step that cannot be skipped. After the patting of the bamboo brush, I let it try about another 10 minutes. Then I set it with Makeup Forever DuoMat powder foundation (#202 or #203 depending on the time of year) and I am flawless and oil-free all day. Believe me, at 41 years of age, I don't have the best skin by any stretch (sun spots, uneven skin tone, wrinkles forming, oil slick in t-zone/dry patches elsewhere) but after these steps for application with the Almay foundation, you would never know. At work, I am told I have flawless skin. I just laugh to myself because if they saw my skin without makeup, they would never say that!! Now, I take the time to put in the steps to achieve this and if you are in a hurry, this may not be for you. However, if you want the end result to be oil-free and flawless looking skin, then it is worth the time. Recap- I use the Almay foundation in conjunction with the Tarte Bamboo brush (not to apply, but to set after) and the Makeup forever DuoMat foundation (which lasts forever, by the way). You can get the foundation for next to nothing with coupons at Ulta or CVS, and the bamboo brush is a one time purchase of $32 (again, I could NOT live without this brush- it is unlike anything you have ever used). The DuoMat powder is $34 and lasts forever because you will just use it to set the foundation and possibly for touch-ups about 12 hours into your day. WORTH THE TIME AND MONEY if you are serious about controlling your oily skin, don't want to break out (which many other brands such as MAC and Lancome will do), and want to make your skin look great even if it really isn't. Trust me- I am a former makeup artist and have tried hundreds of foundations, primers, etc. Don't waste your money on all of the expensive and less-effective foundations.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by perfumefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked up this foundation at Rite-Aid when they were having a sale a couple weeks ago. My shade is "Sand". It matches my skin perfectly and is a full coverage foundation in my opinion, just not too heavy like most full coverage foundations. The coverage can be controlled easily for light/ full coverage to full/ dramatic full coverage. A few months ago I was experiencing some problems with my skin. I was breaking out on my cheeks and I was getting some small bumps on my skin. After taking some vitamins and taking an antibiotic, my skin has healed up great. I wanted to switch foundations too and thought this one would be a great start. So far I have been pleased as it looks smooth and more natural and lasts long as well. I work late at night and sometimes don't have the time to reapply as often as I would like to. I also got a powder from Almay I will do an additional review for that helps set this foundation for all day/ night wear. My blush also does not appear "cakey" on top, like so many other foundations seem to do when I layer my make-up. The consistency is kind of thick but not oily or greasy. It dries nicely after a few minutes and with the powder to set.
The foundation is dispensed from a pump in a glass jar. Something I am not a huge fan of because I travel a lot and don't want to drop it on a hard floor and watch it break. I do appreciate this being in glass though, as plastic probably is not the best to keep foundation in.
This is a very great quality foundation at a lovely price. I highly recommend.