April 20, 2014 | 1621 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by zoohousekey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The coverage looked like a clay mask, plus it broke me out. That kinda defeats the purpose of a blemish healing makeup...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by kikibutternut

I researched this foundation before I bought it b/c I hate wasting my money on makeup I won't wear ever again. Most of the reviews seemed positive, so I decided to try it. I have pretty fair skin, so I wanted to get the lightest shade.They didn't end up having it so I got it in buff. I was so excited to use it, but it ended up totally sucking :( It had terrible coverage and made my skin even drier & redder (I have eczema). I would definatley not reccomend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by domisol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Once I figured out how to manuever the new formula (much thicker), I have been a happy camper. It takes a few steps, but worth an oil-free face all day. First of all, this product will dry to a powder finish but you have to give it time. If you want to put it on and go, then this is not for you. In the summer I use neutral, in the other months I have to add "buff" to the mix to lighten it a bit. Based on the time of year, I add more or less of the buff. I do find this product blends best with clean fingertips. My foundation brush just did not work well with the consistency of this foundation. After application with my fingertips, I go back and do an all-over circular motion to blend in the foundation. Here is where I have realized the difference in the shine-free time: after the foundation dries for about 5 minutes, I use the tarte bamboo airbrush finish foundation brush (the best brush on the planet) to "pat" in the foundation to set it. It does something to this foundation that is unreal. It sets it while providing a flawless look. I cannot really explain it, but know this is a step that cannot be skipped. After the patting of the bamboo brush, I let it try about another 10 minutes. Then I set it with Makeup Forever DuoMat powder foundation (#202 or #203 depending on the time of year) and I am flawless and oil-free all day. Believe me, at 41 years of age, I don't have the best skin by any stretch (sun spots, uneven skin tone, wrinkles forming, oil slick in t-zone/dry patches elsewhere) but after these steps for application with the Almay foundation, you would never know. At work, I am told I have flawless skin. I just laugh to myself because if they saw my skin without makeup, they would never say that!! Now, I take the time to put in the steps to achieve this and if you are in a hurry, this may not be for you. However, if you want the end result to be oil-free and flawless looking skin, then it is worth the time. Recap- I use the Almay foundation in conjunction with the Tarte Bamboo brush (not to apply, but to set after) and the Makeup forever DuoMat foundation (which lasts forever, by the way). You can get the foundation for next to nothing with coupons at Ulta or CVS, and the bamboo brush is a one time purchase of $32 (again, I could NOT live without this brush- it is unlike anything you have ever used). The DuoMat powder is $34 and lasts forever because you will just use it to set the foundation and possibly for touch-ups about 12 hours into your day. WORTH THE TIME AND MONEY if you are serious about controlling your oily skin, don't want to break out (which many other brands such as MAC and Lancome will do), and want to make your skin look great even if it really isn't. Trust me- I am a former makeup artist and have tried hundreds of foundations, primers, etc. Don't waste your money on all of the expensive and less-effective foundations.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by perfumefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked up this foundation at Rite-Aid when they were having a sale a couple weeks ago. My shade is "Sand". It matches my skin perfectly and is a full coverage foundation in my opinion, just not too heavy like most full coverage foundations. The coverage can be controlled easily for light/ full coverage to full/ dramatic full coverage. A few months ago I was experiencing some problems with my skin. I was breaking out on my cheeks and I was getting some small bumps on my skin. After taking some vitamins and taking an antibiotic, my skin has healed up great. I wanted to switch foundations too and thought this one would be a great start. So far I have been pleased as it looks smooth and more natural and lasts long as well. I work late at night and sometimes don't have the time to reapply as often as I would like to. I also got a powder from Almay I will do an additional review for that helps set this foundation for all day/ night wear. My blush also does not appear "cakey" on top, like so many other foundations seem to do when I layer my make-up. The consistency is kind of thick but not oily or greasy. It dries nicely after a few minutes and with the powder to set.
The foundation is dispensed from a pump in a glass jar. Something I am not a huge fan of because I travel a lot and don't want to drop it on a hard floor and watch it break. I do appreciate this being in glass though, as plastic probably is not the best to keep foundation in.
This is a very great quality foundation at a lovely price. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

-One of the very few liquid foundations I have used a whole bottle and repurchased. My HG foundation for now.

-I'm not buying the "blemish healing" claim at all. Whatever makes those "blemishes heal" besides the salicylic acid Almay may want to make more concentrated. (maybe just my experience, didn't help me heal)

-The finish feels and looks natural, which is what I go for. Normally does not feel heavy, unless I use too much foundation or use extra that day. I sometimes mix the foundation with a bit of moisturizer. A little extra on trouble spots works well as concealer.

-I have pale, Irish skin with pink and rose undertones. Sometimes I have redness from acne. The foundation does a very good job of creating a more even look that hides most of the redness. I use shade 200 "Buff" that seems to suit my skin tone very nicely.

-I do not feel that this foundation causes me any additional acne which is why I actually just repurchased more maybe a week or so ago.

-Set with powder, the foundation lasts a reasonable amount of time.( about 3-5 hours without any primer)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was using Neutrogena foundation, but I wanted to try something new. This Almay foundation seemed thicker and I figured that meant better coverage. Well, the coverage was better and it also lasted longer. BUT this makeup also broke my skin out. My skin is fairly oily and breaks out fairly easy, so I have to be careful with makeup. Obviousily, this works for others, but it did not work for me. I would have given it a 5 if it didn't break me out so bad. I stopped using it 2 months ago and my skin still hasn't fully recovered.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by YCR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very, very oily skin and get a few break outs every now and then, and this foundation works quite great covering those annoying blemishes. The consistency is quite thick. I would say that the coverage is medium to full and the finish is matte. I think it does a nice job controlling my oily skin, since whenever I use this I notice that I don't find myself having to blot that often. The color looks on your skin just as it does on the bottle, and one of the things I LOVE the most about it is that it has a pump. I would definitely buy again and also would recommend unless you're sensitive to salicylic acid, which is the active ingredient on this foundation, containing a 0.6% of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm a highly acne prone, yellow toned, light/meduim gal with a fair amount of scarring (both dark marks and pock marks). After going through a slew of drugstore foundations, none of which were completely right (they would either break me out, or did not match my skin tone) I finally decided to try Almay's Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup in the pump tube. First off, I like that shade "Buff" Matched me very nicely. It had just the right amount of yellowish peach undertones for my skin. Most were too peachy, orange or pink. I like that Almay's doesn't oxidize to a different color. It stays true to the color it is in the bottle and applied. It's a rather thick foundation, but not so that I can't blend it. You do need to blend quick though, or else it will dry. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin, but it's not as thin as a tinted moisturizer or bb cream. It's a matte finish, however it is a tad moist feeling on the skin, but nothing a little powder can't fix if you don't like the dewy moist feel. I would say on a scale from 1 to 5, this foundation's coverage is about a 4. There is still a tiny bit of dark scarring that shows through on my face after applied, due to only applying one layer of foundation, but another bit applied on the blemishes covers them very well. This foundation completely covers redness, blotchy discoloration, pimples and pock mark scars, and is very buildable without looking cakey. There is no offensive smell with this foundation, and has not caused any breakouts. Since I have been using this I haven't had a large breakout. A few little tiny ones here and there, but I haven't had any of the large breakouts that I normally experience. The night I purchased this I was having major breakouts on my chin (2 large painful pimples) and one major pimple on my cheek and I went into the bathroom and applied this all over, and put extra on the pimples, and low and behold a few hours later they were already starting to dry up. I was very impressed. That alone colored my rating for this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by HappyMiniDonuts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a very hard time finding a foundation that matches my skin since I have yellow undertones and I'm a little bit on the tan side. Most foundations look orange or pink on me so I was surprised when this foundation matched me pretty well. The coverage is medium, some of my darker acne scars still show through but with a concealer it does the job. It claims to help and clear blemishes which l didn't find but in the end it is a foundation and I didn't expect it to. The packaging is pretty good since it has a pump so it's sanitary and easy to control.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love that this is in a pump, however I got the shade 'Natural' and it has a tad too much yellow in it for me. Def noticable, I need to go down a shade or find it with a neutral undertone. The wear was fine, I put powder over it and it's great, doesnt settle into lines. I also use a primer by Rimmel under it and I apply this with a foundation brush by Eco Tools.