July 28, 2014 | 1426 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Neneh13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I didn't understand the big deal about this cream, probably because I was a bit angry at it's price here in New Zealand compared to the rest of the world ($70.00). But after using it, I love it! I want to wear it everyday. My Mum even noticed a difference and said my skin looked healthy and radiant. This cream gives a lovely, glowy sheen to the skin with no sparkles or glitter. It makes you look healthy, dewy and your skin appears nicely hydrated. I like to wear this underneath foundation or bb cream. On days when I'm in a rush, I pop it on my temples and cheekbones, put on some mascara and lipgloss and I'm out the door feeling a lot more confident to face the day.
I like the fact that it's good for your skin, too.
I gave the packaging 3 lippies because when you get down to the end of your bottle, it's hard to get it all out. But I do like the simple packaging and sleek design.
Despite it's price, I will buy this over and over and over again. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by mystiquerida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for something to make my face look dewy and I came across this. The "glowing" effect is really subtle and barely there. It mostly just gives a soft natural sheen, and since my skin condition is usually pretty good, I dont see much difference after using strobe cream. I've tried mixing it with foundations/ using it as a base but it still doesnt give me the desire effect. It's ok for summer though as it is light and not greasy.
The cream isnt really moisturizing for my dry skin but if you have oily skin I guess it would be fine for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by pinkdee1

I love this! I put it on just after my liquid foundation so it sinks into my skin to make me look all fresh, dewy and glowing!

The only thing I don't rate it for is its packaging because its hard to get all the product out towards the end and a bugger to cut the top off! But other than that I think it is a must have product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Henna1

People that are saying ''i wouldnt recommend this to you'' REMEMBER everyone has diffrent skin types and some people would like this and everyone has there own opnion it all depends on your skin it may suit you it may not, i think its beautiful it gives the perfect glow on my skin LOVE IT and would buy it over and over again if your thinking of buying it dont look at the bad reviews buy it and check if it looks good then choose to buy it again or not you have got to try it out for yourself first!

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

This has seriously changed the way I apply my makeup. I've been having some funky business with all my foundations recently, as they seemed to be sitting on top of my skin, rather than sink in and look natural. Got this baby, and those problems have disappeared! This is a magical cream that really makes all my foundations look like my skin but better. Doesn't give that scary highlighted look to the face, and almost is undectable to my eye when I wear it. In photographs, I can definitely tell though, as it gives the most beautiful "lit from within" glow to my face. Wearing it alone sans foundation is another way I enjoy using this, and I actually seem to get more compliments about my skin that way.
Even if you are an oily skinned gal, I think this can work for you. I myself have combo/oily skin, but applying a teeny bit of Strobe Cream on my cheeks makes the biggest difference. It's probably best to skip applying this onto your nose, as it can become extremely shiny within hours.
Another great thing about this is it contains loads of anti-oxidants. About a week after buying this, I saw Paula Begoun, the famous makeup critic, sing praise for this product. I'd bought it as a highlighter, but got the added bonus of a fab skincare product too. Win!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't use this every day, but I love it under a super-light spray of airbrush foundation in wintertime. Keeps things looking fresh and dewy without being too OTT. Took off a lippie for the slightly offputting smell, but it goes away after a few minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by ahockenbrouch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I put a little on the top of my cheeks, and right above my eyebrows when I go out. Every time I wear it other girls tell me my skin looks flawless & ask about my skincare routine. My skin is nothing special, it is all because of the strobe cream, I'm sure of it. It's a little expensive for a highlighter, but it lasts such a long time, at least a year for me. I've only bought the cream, not the thinner liquid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by MidnightPurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this as a glowy highlighter. I just blend a bit onto my cheeks for that lit from within glow others have mentioned. I do not like my whole face to appear glowy but on my cheeks its really pretty. It brightens my whole face up and draws attention up to my eyes. It looks subtle and nice compared to powder highlighters. It's not glittery which I love. You can wear it under concealer for a brighter under eye look too. I don't think it's really worth it to wear under heavier foundation and powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by kathhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I like Strobe Cream but it's definitely not a necessity for me. I usually use this at night to go out when I spend more time on my makeup. I apply it over my primer to give me a nice glow or I mix it in with my foundation and apply it that way. If I am using a thicker foundation sometimes I like to mix this in to sheer it out. It is a pretty versatile product and that is why I like it. It could also be used as a highlighter, but I haven't tested this out. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin even though it is lightly scented, and I don't mind the smell. The tube will last a long time if you use it occasionally.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by suchaclassylady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It gives my dry, flaky skin a beautiful glow, a little goes a long way. It doesn't break out my eczematous skin, sting, burn, or dry out during the day. I'm still looking for cheaper substitues though.