September 2, 2014 | 1977 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by easturner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product so much. During the summer, I mix it with my body cream and spread it on my legs, arms, and decolletage when I go out at night. For a glowy makeup look, I love mixing a tiny bit with my facial moisturizer. The effect is gorgeous!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would give this a 3.5. One bottle was enough for me to try this. The Strobe Cream does not have a loud pink shine (compared to the Strobe Liquid). However, I felt that the cream's texture makes me break out. The antioxidant in this is great. I would prefer a something with a lighter texture that suits my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Naughtymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There are several ways to use this moisturiser, each way you'll receive an iridescent, luminous glow as promised by mac.

I like to mix it in with my tinted moisturiser/foundation to thin my coverage out, whilst simultaneously achieving a natural radiance to my skin.

Another effective way to use this product is to apply a small amount to the tops of the cheekbones for a sheer highlighter effect.

Worn on bare skin with a translucent finishing powder and concealer under eyes, a natural bare 'skin' look can be achieved with a soft glow.

Of course the most popular way to wear this moisturiser is in replace of your normal moisturiser with your foundation of choice on top. Note: the sheerer in coverage the more this creams luminously will shine though.

Don't forget, this cream is packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and is commonly known as an 'instant wake up call', so when you're having those tired and dull days, this is the cream to reach for.

I only use this for special occasions due to its price tag and small amount, but I love the effects I get from it. It works for all ages and ethnicities too, and if you've found it too heavy for your skin, use the lighter version strobe liquid!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure whether this works for me or not. I sampled Strobe Liquid for days and loved it, but I bought the cream version because of the skincare ingredients. I like the texture and look of this product (though I prefer the lotion), but I think the Strobe Cream adds too much moisture to my skin in addition to my sunscreen. My skin is normally clear, but after using Strobe Cream for a few weeks, I feel it became more congested and breakout-prone, causing me to have to wear more makeup, which I wasn't happy about. I've stopped using the Strobe Cream for right now and may try it again to see how it works out when the weather is drier and colder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Neneh13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I didn't understand the big deal about this cream, probably because I was a bit angry at it's price here in New Zealand compared to the rest of the world ($70.00). But after using it, I love it! I want to wear it everyday. My Mum even noticed a difference and said my skin looked healthy and radiant. This cream gives a lovely, glowy sheen to the skin with no sparkles or glitter. It makes you look healthy, dewy and your skin appears nicely hydrated. I like to wear this underneath foundation or bb cream. On days when I'm in a rush, I pop it on my temples and cheekbones, put on some mascara and lipgloss and I'm out the door feeling a lot more confident to face the day.
I like the fact that it's good for your skin, too.
I gave the packaging 3 lippies because when you get down to the end of your bottle, it's hard to get it all out. But I do like the simple packaging and sleek design.
Despite it's price, I will buy this over and over and over again. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by mystiquerida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for something to make my face look dewy and I came across this. The "glowing" effect is really subtle and barely there. It mostly just gives a soft natural sheen, and since my skin condition is usually pretty good, I dont see much difference after using strobe cream. I've tried mixing it with foundations/ using it as a base but it still doesnt give me the desire effect. It's ok for summer though as it is light and not greasy.
The cream isnt really moisturizing for my dry skin but if you have oily skin I guess it would be fine for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by pinkdee1

I love this! I put it on just after my liquid foundation so it sinks into my skin to make me look all fresh, dewy and glowing!

The only thing I don't rate it for is its packaging because its hard to get all the product out towards the end and a bugger to cut the top off! But other than that I think it is a must have product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Henna1

People that are saying ''i wouldnt recommend this to you'' REMEMBER everyone has diffrent skin types and some people would like this and everyone has there own opnion it all depends on your skin it may suit you it may not, i think its beautiful it gives the perfect glow on my skin LOVE IT and would buy it over and over again if your thinking of buying it dont look at the bad reviews buy it and check if it looks good then choose to buy it again or not you have got to try it out for yourself first!

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

This has seriously changed the way I apply my makeup. I've been having some funky business with all my foundations recently, as they seemed to be sitting on top of my skin, rather than sink in and look natural. Got this baby, and those problems have disappeared! This is a magical cream that really makes all my foundations look like my skin but better. Doesn't give that scary highlighted look to the face, and almost is undectable to my eye when I wear it. In photographs, I can definitely tell though, as it gives the most beautiful "lit from within" glow to my face. Wearing it alone sans foundation is another way I enjoy using this, and I actually seem to get more compliments about my skin that way.
Even if you are an oily skinned gal, I think this can work for you. I myself have combo/oily skin, but applying a teeny bit of Strobe Cream on my cheeks makes the biggest difference. It's probably best to skip applying this onto your nose, as it can become extremely shiny within hours.
Another great thing about this is it contains loads of anti-oxidants. About a week after buying this, I saw Paula Begoun, the famous makeup critic, sing praise for this product. I'd bought it as a highlighter, but got the added bonus of a fab skincare product too. Win!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't use this every day, but I love it under a super-light spray of airbrush foundation in wintertime. Keeps things looking fresh and dewy without being too OTT. Took off a lippie for the slightly offputting smell, but it goes away after a few minutes.