October 25, 2014 | 1866 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by strobegirl1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ahhhh this is the MAC product to end all MAC products. I use this as a highlighter, pick me up and not as a daily moisturizer.
It will be amazing IF you know how to use it. This is a great highlighter that is only rivalled by YSL's touché éclat and Clarins's Flash Beauty Balm. When you use it experiment with what works best for you.
I put a bit on the back of my hand and add a very thin layer all over my face, avoiding my T zone, I will then put my foundation on and using a flat foundation brush with only a little bit of the product I will pat the Strobe cream over my cheekbones, brow bones and a little around the edges of my face. I will then apply my powder highlighter, bronzer, bit more highlighter and the blush.
When applying the best thing to do is use a flat foundation brush and pat it into the skin.
My favourite foundation to pair this with a nice thin one a la MAC's Face and Body.
I love that it has not colour or noticeable tacky shine or glitter. It can be used on ANY skin tone.
I love MAC's strobe cream and would recommend it to anybody, even if you have oily skin. Take care of the oil with your skincare, a good mattifying primer, oil free foundation with oil controling properties and then powder if you still need it. Good luck!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Jerena

I never buy highlighters because i have a combo skin and i don't need extra shine on my face, but now its winter and i realized that that's the time when the extra shine will make my face look more alive and natural. Strobe cream gives very natural and glowy finish BUT it just disappears on the skin after about 15 minutes. I use moisturizing cream first than BB cream and use strobe cream as a highlighter on cheekbones, but as i said it disappears very fast. Tried to mix it with my foundation no results whatsoever! I'm still going to use it i only paid 10$ for 30ml. but it wasn't what i expected. I also talked to a mac makeup artist and she said its a very good cream, i admit it might work wonderfully for some people you definitely need to try it, it just depends on what are you going to use it for. I recommend to get a small size first or just to get the sample. Now i'm thinking to buy a Hush cream color base just for the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 3:51:00 AM More reviews by awibanez

Very good product, except it could be cheaper. I leaned along the way that i need to avoid putting this on my forehead as it makes me shiny later on. i like it still though, gives the rest of my face a glowy look.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by easturner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product so much. During the summer, I mix it with my body cream and spread it on my legs, arms, and decolletage when I go out at night. For a glowy makeup look, I love mixing a tiny bit with my facial moisturizer. The effect is gorgeous!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would give this a 3.5. One bottle was enough for me to try this. The Strobe Cream does not have a loud pink shine (compared to the Strobe Liquid). However, I felt that the cream's texture makes me break out. The antioxidant in this is great. I would prefer a something with a lighter texture that suits my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Naughtymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There are several ways to use this moisturiser, each way you'll receive an iridescent, luminous glow as promised by mac.

I like to mix it in with my tinted moisturiser/foundation to thin my coverage out, whilst simultaneously achieving a natural radiance to my skin.

Another effective way to use this product is to apply a small amount to the tops of the cheekbones for a sheer highlighter effect.

Worn on bare skin with a translucent finishing powder and concealer under eyes, a natural bare 'skin' look can be achieved with a soft glow.

Of course the most popular way to wear this moisturiser is in replace of your normal moisturiser with your foundation of choice on top. Note: the sheerer in coverage the more this creams luminously will shine though.

Don't forget, this cream is packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and is commonly known as an 'instant wake up call', so when you're having those tired and dull days, this is the cream to reach for.

I only use this for special occasions due to its price tag and small amount, but I love the effects I get from it. It works for all ages and ethnicities too, and if you've found it too heavy for your skin, use the lighter version strobe liquid!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure whether this works for me or not. I sampled Strobe Liquid for days and loved it, but I bought the cream version because of the skincare ingredients. I like the texture and look of this product (though I prefer the lotion), but I think the Strobe Cream adds too much moisture to my skin in addition to my sunscreen. My skin is normally clear, but after using Strobe Cream for a few weeks, I feel it became more congested and breakout-prone, causing me to have to wear more makeup, which I wasn't happy about. I've stopped using the Strobe Cream for right now and may try it again to see how it works out when the weather is drier and colder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Neneh13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I didn't understand the big deal about this cream, probably because I was a bit angry at it's price here in New Zealand compared to the rest of the world ($70.00). But after using it, I love it! I want to wear it everyday. My Mum even noticed a difference and said my skin looked healthy and radiant. This cream gives a lovely, glowy sheen to the skin with no sparkles or glitter. It makes you look healthy, dewy and your skin appears nicely hydrated. I like to wear this underneath foundation or bb cream. On days when I'm in a rush, I pop it on my temples and cheekbones, put on some mascara and lipgloss and I'm out the door feeling a lot more confident to face the day.
I like the fact that it's good for your skin, too.
I gave the packaging 3 lippies because when you get down to the end of your bottle, it's hard to get it all out. But I do like the simple packaging and sleek design.
Despite it's price, I will buy this over and over and over again. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by mystiquerida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for something to make my face look dewy and I came across this. The "glowing" effect is really subtle and barely there. It mostly just gives a soft natural sheen, and since my skin condition is usually pretty good, I dont see much difference after using strobe cream. I've tried mixing it with foundations/ using it as a base but it still doesnt give me the desire effect. It's ok for summer though as it is light and not greasy.
The cream isnt really moisturizing for my dry skin but if you have oily skin I guess it would be fine for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by pinkdee1

I love this! I put it on just after my liquid foundation so it sinks into my skin to make me look all fresh, dewy and glowing!

The only thing I don't rate it for is its packaging because its hard to get all the product out towards the end and a bugger to cut the top off! But other than that I think it is a must have product!