Dior Hypnotic Poison

This is the scent that single-handedly turned me into an oriental/gourmand fiend 8 years ago. The dense, bitter-sweet, coconut-but-not creaminess of the juice was addictive, and I wore it almost exclusively for years before I finally got tired of it.
I recently went to purchase it in the newer formulation and was slightly disappointed by the topnotes (itís lost some of that smooth buttery richness in the start) but make no mistake Ė most of it still smells darned good. In fact, Iíd forgotten how good until I wore it next to some other sweet ďEDPsĒ, which fell apart and faded over the next hour on my dry skin, while HP (EDT) hung on and just got warmer and more luscious. After MANY hours, it eventually dies down to a seductive, creamy skin-musk. The name is perfect because thereís a dark and dangerous edge combined with a comforting warmth.

Itís been almost 15 years and HP is still completely relevant today, especially with the ongoing trend for sweet foody fragrances. Even my DH, who hates most vanillas, loves this. (It reminds him of cream sodas and root beer floats.) That said, I donít see everyone liking this because itís NOT a girly-girl scent.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favorite Oriental Vanilla. I have a hard time finding vanilla perfumes that aren't overly sweet or too young. The SA at Sephora introduced me to this gem. It smells amazing! vanilla, almonds, a bit of coconut, jasmine,Oh my..My only regret is that I wish I would have found it sooner. HG status for me and that's saying alot because I'm very picky about fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Dark and mystical and warm, without being overpowering. Vanilla/almond-ish. My official fall/winter scent. There's really no other perfume like it. I think it's iconic.
I only have one complaint- I didn't wear it all summer, so when I wore it for the first time in months, I thought someone literally peed in the bottle because it had this undertone of urine. But I googled this and it seems like it's common. I just had to swish it around a bit and it's getting better.
Still, even with the slight cat-piss odor that arises after about a year, I love this scent, and it evokes so many good wintery memories.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

On my skin it's too linear. Only almonds and vanilla, doesn't change as time goes by. Dare I say... it grows even stronger..? Silage is almost scary. Lasting power? Couldn't be any better! Not a fave though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

this has been my fragrance for the past 2 years now and am loving it each day the problem is that am getting addicted to it, that i no longer smell myself when i spray on myself!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my ALL TIME favorite fragrance. It is the only $60 perfume I'll spend my own money on.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

if you left vanilla bean inside an empty wooden cabinet for a 2days, when you open the cabinet after those 2 days, what you will smell is hypnotic poison. HP is simply wood dipped in vanilla flavored water. . and for some reason HP makes my throat feel parched ..HP has a dryness to it that i dont like.

Very heavy vanilla musk evening perfume, for occassional use. Not something I could wear everyday or on a regular basis, but there is something about it that keeps drawing me back.

I wouldn't buy it again, as one bottle has lasted me ages and it is expensive.

I was always drawn to this product, loved the packaging and was intrigued by the fragrance. But the only problem I have is that if somebody uses it, you can smell Hypnotic Poison in the whole vicinity. No kidding. And you KNOW they are wearing Hypnotic Poison. And it's a perfume you can buy all over the World, from boutiques in Paris, through bazaars in Marocco, to stands in the Russian subway. It is a great fragrance, but seriously, due to it's popularity, it will not be unique. And when I look for a personal fragrance, I don't want it to be so mainstream. So I will always reach out for the bottle when shopping, to get a sniff of it, but probably won't be wearing it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I first began to use this when my Mother first purchased this about 8 years ago. Since then we have both gone through at least 10-15 bottles each. I cannot stress enough how much I LOVE this perfume. It is my signature smell and I always get compliments on what I am wearing. I have throughout the years used other perfumes such as Coco Mademoiselle, Chanel and Alien by Thierry Mugler (I also love BOTH). But Hypntoic is just on a whole different level! I LOVE IT!

As for the price... It is quite price seeing as I use so much of it!

Popular Fragrances