January 28, 2015 | 1941 users online

Fragrances - Dior - Hypnotic Poison

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by AnKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first began to use this when my Mother first purchased this about 8 years ago. Since then we have both gone through at least 10-15 bottles each. I cannot stress enough how much I LOVE this perfume. It is my signature smell and I always get compliments on what I am wearing. I have throughout the years used other perfumes such as Coco Mademoiselle, Chanel and Alien by Thierry Mugler (I also love BOTH). But Hypntoic is just on a whole different level! I LOVE IT!

As for the price... It is quite price seeing as I use so much of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by mricci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the scent of almonds and vanilla, and love a nice big frag that lasts forever. This fits the bill. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by xdollpartsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dior Hypnotic Poison has been my signature fragrance now for 4 years, I adore it! I have quite a collection of fragrances but this is in no danger of leaving my number one spot any time soon.

Here is the kicker-I detest cloying, sugary, sweet fragrances. Ghosts Sweetheart and Fantasy by Britney Spears (bluergh!) to name a couple. What I love in a big way however is the smell of almond, I wear nut based body butters from The Body Shop to go with the majority of my perfumes (brazil nut body butter being my current favourit) this seems to eccentuate what i deem to be the better notes in perfume.

Hypnotic Poison is like nothing I have ever had the pleasure of smelling before (gladly welcomes any suggestions btw!) it is so distinct, so deep, sexy and sultry yet sophisticated and irresistable! The vanilla is controlled enough to not be sickly so that the whole concoction stays at that perfect level of sex appeal and sophistication. I also have the shower gel and body lotion but personally I think that all 3 together can be a bit much.

If ever I wear another perfume to go out and someone is wearing Hypnotic, it induces a completely irrational rush of envy in me! Of course I cannot express disdain at another ladies impecible taste now can I?

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately this reminds me of Anna Sui's Sui Dreams. Or am I insane? Not one for me. I also find the bottle very dated, they should update it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by elenylondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love pure poison. when I received this hypnotic poison fragrance as a birthday present, I have opened the package and throw away its box as I thought it would be as nice as pure poison. but when I tried it on my skin it was so heavy, sugary and not fresh. this smell doesnt go away and it lasts so long and I hate it more. I wish I have kept the box as I could sell it on the net. but now it just lays in my bathroom cupboard. I have also not liked this smell when my colleague is wearing it. it makes me sick when i smell this.

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge fan of gourmand sweet scents, but not this one. I was recommended this at Dillards since I said I was looking for a vanilla scent. But this just pulled off as a straight up licorice. No vanilla. I'll pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by dreamsecurity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have subconsciously avoided Dior scents all throughout my teens and early-twenties, but stumbled upon this at Ulta one day when I was looking for something new. I sprayed it, noticed its root beer qualities, then forgot about it. Later that day, I noticed how the root beer scent faded, leaving a creamy, warm, very addictive glow behind. Went back the next day and bought it.

This is a must have for any gourmand lover, and I like that it can be dressed up or down. It wouldn't feel out of place with jeans and hair in a ponytail, nor would it feel too casual with a cocktail dress and gloves. It manages to morph with whatever you are wearing.

I did take off one point for it being fairly expensive--it's not cringe-worthy, but it's definitely not something I would carelessly buy. However, I do love it and will definitely repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

One word to describe it: cheap- it has the word written all over it. It's packaging-extremely tacky(what is it supposed to look like? The apple given to snow white?).It smells like vanilla, almonds, and rootbeer. It is alleged to smell 'sexy', which is why so many women flock to buy this fragrance, knowing all too well that they don't associate vanilla with sex. Why some people seem to associate gourmand fragrances with sex is beyond me in the first place. Consequently, the crowd it attracts is a cheap one-women who wear this fragrance just because it is 'supposed' to 'attract' others. The only thing I see it attracting is nausea.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by ebanks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this perfume. In college a girl on my floor would always spray this as she was leaving and finally I caught her one day to ask what it was. This was it! I love it. it is very different from other perfumes, and doesn't smell like anything else I've ever tried. I am on my 2nd bottle and will be getting another one when I run out. It is more my night time/ winter fragrance because of its warmth and depth.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by ThinMinti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells like play-dough.Certain people love to wear the hell outta this to many peoples misfortune.