July 24, 2014 | 1062 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by kdscott

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I originally bought the Avene Cleanance gel cleanser because my normally dry-combination skin had become increasingly oily in the T-zone and I was experiencing breakouts and clogged pores. My former cleanser (Cerave Foaming Face Wash) simply wasn't doing the trick.

I was initially concerned about trying this product because I have mild rosacea and my skin tends to get dry easily. Most cleansers designed for oily skin are too drying and irritating for my skin type. However, Avene strikes the balance between eliminating my oily skin and breakouts, while not irritating my rosacea or increasing dryness. After using it for about 2 weeks, my skin is significantly more clear. My breakouts have stopped and the oiliness is under control.

Avene Cleanance is more expensive than a drugstore cleanser. I purchased it for about $18.00 with free shipping from Dermstore. However, I feel like it's worth the price. You only need a pea-size amount for your face. With the Cerave cleanser I used, I needed at least 2-3 pumps to get the same amount of lather. Also, Avene Cleanance does have a light scent.

I used to use Neutrogena oil-free acne face wash when my skin was acting up. However, with Neutrogena, it may eliminate my breakouts, but it irritates and over-dries my skin. Not good.Avene Cleanance is really the perfect cleanser if you have sensitive skin, but experience breakouts and oiliness. I highly recommend it. I'm definitely putting it in my skincare arsenal for when the weather gets hot and/or humid or I'm experiencing breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all i liked the packaging, the bottle was practical in use when i had it in the shower.
Let me now come to the reason, why i stored it in the shower - it was just too harsh for my sensitive combo skin, it dried my skin completely out even when i was using it only once a day in the evening to remove my makeup and cleanse my face.
Then i stopped using on my face it and was using it for some minor acne and spots on my chest and shoulders.. there it worked well and improved my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by jawaher

I have been using this cleanser for 3 years now and I just can't see myself using any other. I have sensitive skin and used to have cystic acne and most cleansers for acne-prone skin were too harsh and caused redness and severe dryness. However Avene is super gentle, and I continue to use it even after my cystic acne is gone. Even though It's not the cheapest, all you need is a small amount anyway so a bottle would easily last you several months.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by loveydove

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this soap-free cleanser when I bought another Avene product and I'm sure glad I did. It's great for sensitive skin and it's targeted for people with oily, acne-prone skin (that's me). I switch it up with my AcneFree Sensitive line cleanser. The Cleanance cleanser smells wonderful but it is expensive. I think my drug store charges $25/bottle. As with any cleanser, don't scrub your face because it can become irritated and strip your skin. Also, a very little goes a long, long way. Think about the size of a pea, that's how much cleanser you need to wash your face. Not kidding!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Monavic29

I really like this cleanser. I have oily skin and is a very happy medium for me because cleansers either dry me out or leave an oily residue behind. This makes my skin feel clean and smooth.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by stls

I have gone through 2 bottles of Cleanance.
I like the fresh smell, it's gentle, not too pricey, you need a tiny amount for a good lather and rinses off easily.
But despite the pros I don't think it was any special to keep my skin blemish free, just average.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Melanous1

this is the best cleanser i have ever used.it works really good,smells nice and cleans my oily skin.i wont change it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Laur0607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this cleanser. It works very well. It cleans all your makeup off (including the stubborn mascara ...Benefit They're Real) My face feels super clean after but NOT tight or dried out. It last a really long time because you only need a tiny pea size amount. A little bit goes a long way. As for my acne, it deffinetly keeps it under control. Cleansers are not meant to take away all your acne. They help remove dirt and cleanse your pores. Treatments such as the Avene TriAcneal, and their Cleance Moisturizer help treat your acne. But the cleanser is a great buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by mortys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been trying to find a cleanser since stopping my benzoyl peroxide use after 10 years. My acne isn't to bad any more but I can't seem to find a cleanser I like. I have olive skin, not really oily except my nose. Face washes just seem to to feel itchy and irritating after use. I also seem to wake up the next morning with a few new spots. This could be the fault of the cleansers or not but I'm not sure. This didn't seem any different to any other store bought face wash I've tried like Simple or Olay.

I don't fall for the whole "this cleanser cleared me up after 15 years speech" as I'm old enough to know cleansers are just cleansers, nothing more.

I'm a guy and don't wear make-up so I don't really need a lot of cleansing power. I think I might be better off with something like Cetaphil of Aquanil, so the journey continues.

Not going to make this down as a 1 like some odd reviews you read. Its a decent cleanser which should last a few months at least but I really think a store bought brand will do the same thing for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gel cleanser was recommended to me by a sales rep at the pharmacy for my adult acne prone skin. I also use the Johnson and Johnson Clean and Clear pump dispensed cleanser for sensitive skin and I find that the Avene cleanser does not strip all of the natural oils from my face or leave it feeling tight so it's a good morning cleanser whereas the Clean and Clear cleanser that I use is better for taking off heavy sun screen. I really like the packaging of the cleanser. It's a bottle with a twist top with a hole in it that you twist open and close so it's good for traveling for your checked luggage. The Avene cleanser is not oil free, it has pumpkin seed oil, but this did not cause me to break out.