December 19, 2014 | 1449 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 3:52:00 AM More reviews by mjc174

Since my skin is a combination, I found that this product worked best for my dry and sensitive areas. It has a lovely light almond scent to it. I love how it doesn't cause me to break out, and it is very soothing in general.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great moisturizer!!! I have sensitive skin, and it's difficult for me to find the right balance between moisturizing and exfoliating. I put this on while my skin is still damp and, if necessary, dab off the excess with a tissue or a cotton ball. It leaves my skin soft and smelling nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by ohipuppie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the best thicker moisturizing creams I've used. This works great overnight and on my dryer areas of my skin esp during winter, even sometimes as a under eye cream as its gentle enough with its natural ingredients. Really like the light almond milk scent, but not so much the packaging. To me, any packaging like this is really unhygienic. Otherwise, I love the moisturizer itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by gardenhat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am really enjoying this so far. At first I had a few minor breakouts and small bumps, probably due to the oil content, which my skin wasn't used to. However, after a few weeks, my skin is dewy, soft and just looks fresh. I will be repurchasing for sure.

Edit- this has totally sorted my skin out. It looks better than it ever has and I am loving this stuff morning and night.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by blaqkrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This moisturizer is AH-mazing. I have been using it steadily for about three years now and it keeps my face as perfect as it can possibly be. My skin is really sensitive, really fair, really dry, and I have to deal with rosacea, so in other words it's hard to find a moisturizer that doesn't make my skin hurt or act funny. Celestial is the only facial moisturizer I can really use that meets my skin needs. I also find that the better moisturized my face is, the less acne I have. Because of the high end and pure ingredients my skin's rosacea has gone down too, which is a lovely plus.
I also really like Lush's packaging because they have the person who made the product's face on a sticker stuck to the packaging. The packaging is also nice because if you clean the little black pot out and remove the stickers you can store other stuff in the pot, or you can bring 5 pots back to get a free fresh facemask which is really nice too!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by lauramvig

I am vegan and was told Lush were great for reasonably priced skincare/hairdye. I went on a bit of a spree and bought this, the 'Breath of Fresh Air' toner, '9 to 5' cleanser, Caca Noir indigo block and the Cupcake mask.

Despite the fact that this cream is SO oily, it really doesn't do a lot. Broke my face out in a rash, smells horrendous. I tried to use it up as a hand cream but it makes my hands itch horribly and never seems to absorb. Binned.

I really tried to like you, Lush, but you just haven't scored any points with me so far. All the products I tried (particularly this moisturiser and the Caca Noir - I will never forget that experience) were absolutely terrible, had cheap packaging, cheap ingredients, stupid names and smelt hideous. Made me all the more happy to return to spending twice as much for Aesop and Dermalogica. Will probably never buy a Lush product again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

So, i had sworn off all Lush moisturizers after my awful "Afterlife" nightmare.......yet somehow, i ended up with a sample of Celestial............and i'm the one who asked for it! lol. I was on the market for something all natural since i'm very particular about what i put on my skin (chemical wise), more so now since im pregnant :). I guess hormones have turned my once combo skin into a dry and dehydrated mess so i picked something a bit richer than what i would normally go for.
I do really like the scent to this stuff, though i wouldn't go as far as to say it smells "yummy" or anything...it's a very light and soft scent. The texture is a bit thick yet really smooth. The trick to this moisturizer is applying as lightly as you can. I usually spray toner into my hand and then mix less than a pea sized amount of the moisturizer with it...pat all over my face and that's that. Or i just dab on my dry problem areas only. Can't say that i've had any problems with clogged pores (i'm shocked), and it sure leaves my skin feeling smooth as butter. With all that being said I wouldn't recommend or not recommend buying this product. Celestial is one of those moisturizers where (if your curious) you'd just have to try it out for yourself because, i could really see it going either way.....a Godsend or a Disaster depending on your skin. I for sure thought this stuff would break me out like crazy but it hasn't...and i actually really like it.
UPDATE: ut-oh....watch out....PARABENS

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

I received a sample of this product during my last LUSH visit. This smells like vanilla yogurt, and I sometimes find myself smelling this product when I'm bored :D
It does not irritate my skin, but for the price and the jar packaging, I do not think I will be purchasing this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by OneDollarBuddha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on my third pot of this moisturizer. I have really sensitive skin that tends to be dry. This works without irritating my skin and keeps me moisturized. I normally use it at night, but it's light enough for day use.. however it doesn't have an SPF so I would have to layer it for daytime use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this moisturizer. I have young, combination skin. It gets so dry overnight, so it's the overnight moisturizer I live by. It's such an essential to my skin routine. It doesn't feel sticky and nasty. It doesn't make my skin feel oily either. And trust me, I've used A LOT of moisturizers that make my skin feel oily. It's the perfect healthy moisture that makes my dry and oily skin glow. Just use something different in the morning, like neutrogena combination moisturizer if your skin gets oily.