October 1, 2014 | 1761 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiehl's - Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by VVV

Kiehls Ultimate Strength Hand Salve is an exceptional product that has everything I'm looking for in a hand salve: deeply moisturizing, provides protection, absorbs quickly, and doesn't feel greasy. It's easy to use because it absorbs so quickly and leaves no greasy feeling - I can just wash my hands, apply, and go! :) My skin is dry/sensitive and I wash my hands fairly constantly (7 to 10x/day) so I need a great hand salve that I can use frequently. Kiehls Ultimate Strength Hand Salve forms an undetectable glove-like barrier between my hands and the elements. My hands have stayed so soft and avoided the usual redness/dryness/chapping/cracking that used to happen every winter.

My SO also loves this product. Last winter his knuckles became painfully chapped and red so I bought him a tube of Kiehls Ultimate Strength Hand Salve. He's overly fussy about applying any product to his skin that "feels greasy" so I knew this hand salve would be great for him (and he'd actually use it!). Within a week of daily application his red chapped knuckles had all but healed - I was so impressed! It's not easy getting this boy to moisturize but he loves this product. It keeps his hands soft and protected.

Kiehls Ultimate Strength Hand Salve comes in a white tube with a convenient flip-top cap and is available in two sizes, 2.5 or 5.0 fl oz. Will definitely continue to repurchase. Highly recommended! This stuff is great! :D

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Hydrogenated Stearyl Olive Esters, Butyrospermum Parkii/Shea Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-75 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Sesamum Indicum/Sesame Oil, Squalane, Dimethicone, Ceteth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima/Avocado Oil, Steareth-20, Ceteareth-20, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Eucalyptus Globulus/Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by deathbyjava

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the one hand lotion that I will always come back to and repurchase, over and over again. Hands down, this is the one hand cream that works for me. One application and it moisturizes my hands. I have dry hands year round and with this hand salve, I never have to keep on reapplying. It's not gimmicky with it's scent (love that fresh eucalyptus smell) so it's not loaded with perfumes that dry you out in the long run anyway. It is on the more expensive side but with not having to reapply all the time, you're getting your money's worth!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Laurice928

a little expensive for a hand lotion but its the best for winter! im the type who has really dry hands in the winter.. to the point where my skin cracks and i have scabs. this hand cream soothes and heals it sooo fast! some people dont like the smell but i like eucalyptus so it doesnt bug me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by lurrrvely

Best. hand lotion. ever. Period.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by newyorkshopper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this since the day it came out and I love it. It works really well to keep my dry cracked hands under control. I put it on every night before bed, I find it a little greasy to using during the day since I'm always touching things and I hate it when they get greasy for lotion. The price is reasonable for the quality too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Tetonia

I like the feel of this hand salve and the way it works into my skin without leaving a greasy residue unlike other hand creams. I don't think it provides "all day care" as it claims, but the effects do seem to last a long while. You will need to reapply after washing your hands, but that's pretty standard with hand creams.

This is a good sized tube for the money, and although it's on the pricey side, it does a better job than many drugstore brands. I will repurchase this when it's gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 8:51:00 AM More reviews by safiamafia

Great product, really works. I use it on hands, elbows, feet, everything. Dries quickly and leaves hands super soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Kieks39

This stuff is excellent. It comes out thick but absorbs right into your skin and there is minimal, miiiiinimal greasy residue. I don't need to use any hand cream pretty much all day after applying this morning and night at home in the dead of winter. the smell is a bit minty, which makes me think of drying ingredients, not moisturizing ingredients, but apparently it doesn't matter, Kiehl's knows what they are doing here. I have tried a lot of different hand creams and this one really takes the cake.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Ronbong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG handcream

The texture is quite thick but it will absorbs after 2-3 mins.

Very moisturising. I use it when my hands feel really dry or after shower. I also use Nivea hand nourishing cream when I only need little moisturising. This is even better than Elizabeth Arden 8 hour hand cream.

The smell is a bit off (like medicine however still better than EA 8h) but it will disappear very quickly or if I use it after shower with Lush shower gel, I wouldn't even notice it.

This will a too thick to use in humid weather in Asia

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 8:17:00 PM More reviews by karolcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

im on my 2nd tube. it is a great hand cream. does a good job for dry, tired, active hands. protects them from dryness. wow!! my husband and i use this cream together- we both like it so much.