November 24, 2014 | 1373 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup - Ivory

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by elliemae88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation, because I saw so many rave reviews for it. I liked it the first day I used it, but then it started breaking my face out and it left a very unnatural, cakey finish. It also absorbs into the skin quickly, so you have to work fast when applying. The packaging is ok, but it's difficult to get the foundation out without making a mess. A pump would be nice. I definitely would not buy this again!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by golderappleoferis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation about 2 weeks ago from my local walmart. At first I bought it in normal to dry skin in ivory. I applied it the first time using my fingers. It dries fast so you need to work fast. It has a good coverage and isn't cakey but it's all in how you apply this makeup. I had to go to work the day that I used this makeup and my skin started to get a little oily in the middle of the day but the foundation didn't budge one bit. It looked the way it did when I put it on in the morning until I took it off at night. Since my face got oily in the middle of the day I did some research and found out that they also have the same foundation in combination/oily skin as well. So I went back and got that one and applied it the same way. I love this foundation! It keeps my oily skin under control and has an amazing coverage. I am seeing that people say that it makes them have a pink tinge to their face but I have pink undertones and it is hard for me to find a good foundation that isn't yellow. There is a color higher that isn't barely any darker but has yellow undertones so if the pink undertone one doesn't work for you then try the next one up from light. All I can say is I love this foundation as I have tried higher end brands and this blows them out of the water for a fraction of the price. I believe I got this product for about 11 bucks but I have seen it from 10-13 bucks in different places. I am in the process of trying different ways to apply this foundation as well. I am now trying the stippling method which seems to work nicely. This week I am picking up a beauty blender to see how that works as well. I also want to add that you are going to want to use a good makeup remover at the end of the day and do a good skin care routine because if you don't you will wake up and still have this foundation on your skin thats how well it stays. This in my opinion compares to Makeup forevers foundation.
Thanks for reading as I hope this helps you in you purchase.
Ashley

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by LadyVelvet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let's get started. The formula feels heavy and the finish is unnatural. Most of the time I feel like I am wearing a mask, unless I mix it with water to thin it out. Plus it's hard to blend.
Skin Match: Fail. At first it seems decent and then turns into a weird pink-ish beige color which is so not sexy.
I have tried applying it with different brushes, my fingers & sponges but it still does not turn out any less dull.
The packaging is suck-ish, a pump would of been more hygienic and less messy.
I most likely will not recommend to anyone or buy again. I thought makeup was supposed to give confidence but I'm ashamed to go into public when I wear this mess plus I broke out which is ewh.
Don't get me wrong, it does give full coverage and it definitely is long lasting. My best friend adores this product, it just did not work for me on any level.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a total foundation-phobe. Smearing a layer of potentially breakout-causing stuff on my face really makes me nervous. And I have really wierd skin too- it gets slightly oily but also gets all scaly & flaky, and foundation tends to make it look ten times worse. On the rare occasions I actually wear base, this is one of the only ones I can actually wear. The coverage is perfect- semi-sheer but buildable, so it can be used as concealer too. The packaging kinda sucks though, it's in a glass bottle with a screw-on plastic cap. It can be hard to get the product out, and it tends to build up on the inside of the cap & the threads on the bottle. I do not understand why companies package stuff like this, a pump or even a squeeze tube would be so much better.

I like this a lot, but the reason it gets a 3 is because it can break me out if I use it every day. And, after about 5-6 hours it looks really cakey & feels totally gross, and I have to wash it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by snickersaw943

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

WAY BETTER THAN MAC! Lasts all day, AMAZING FULL COVERAGE, I am extremely acne prone with tons of scarring and with this i dont even need concealer :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my everyday foundation now, and for good reason. The coverage is easy and silky smooth, without being overly heavy, and it keeps the oilies at bay well. It's a pleasure to use.

There are two small downsides; the lack of a pump on the bottle, and the slight pinkishness of the shade. The pump issue is a little annoying, but not so bad that I'll give up using it. As for the pinkishness, I personally mix a little MAC Studio Sculpt NC15 in with it, which not only lends a little bit more yellow balance, but also it makes the coverage a little thicker for areas where I have bad redness (Colorstay covers them but not as well as Studio Sculpt).

Overall, Colorstay is the best all-round foundation I've ever found, even taking into account my mixing it with a touch of MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by aliciagarciathebest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok this is amazing for oily skin, good coverage wont come off at all during the day.

BUT the color selection is soo bad I cant tell you the color closest to my natural skin tone is 220 natural beige and I can tell you that it looked like a pink mask on my face, not pinky but PINK. Thats why it only has 4 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

I've been liking this foundation! I have oily skin and enlarged pores. I've been using primer, but this is one of the few foundations that I can seriously say that it makes my pores disappear :) It feels very light on. I've paired it with different setting powders and overall it has performed well. I like the packaging. Wish the color selection was wider though... I should also point out that you DO need under eye concealer with this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Colorstay in Ivory - while it's the lightest shade & this is what I am typically matched with - was entirely too pink for me. I've tried it twice now with two different sunscreens worn underneath for purposes of thorough testing, & the result was the same both times: pink face, white neck. My face is made so artificially pink after applying the Ivory, it looks as though I have irritation, or just love the booze. If Revlon doesn't wish to go full-on yellow with the lightest shade of their Colorstay foundation, they should at least consider making this foundation a little more neutral - because the finish of it isn't too bad.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

After searching for the right makeup FOREVER, I've finally found the one in the right price range that works perfectly. I used to use Clinique foundations, and even though they worked okay, they faded over time and were not worth the price.
I read some reviews on this site for Revlon Colorstay (Softflex), and since they were so positive reviews, I decided to try it. This stuff works great. Can be applied with a moist foundation brush, but needs to be blended in quickly otherwise it will cake up and look streaky. This product covers everything really well and stays in place all day.

The price is very reasonable and I actually get the Buff 150 shade which works perfectly for me. The packaging could be better because it comes in a glass bottle... a pump would be somewhat better but it's not a big deal to me since I end up dispensing it onto my hand anyway.

I mix apply this product and then my MAC Face&Body foundation and my skin ends up looking nearly flawless and dewy all day.
I have repurchased and will continue to do so in the future.