July 29, 2014 | 1906 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup - Ivory

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by snickersaw943

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

WAY BETTER THAN MAC! Lasts all day, AMAZING FULL COVERAGE, I am extremely acne prone with tons of scarring and with this i dont even need concealer :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my everyday foundation now, and for good reason. The coverage is easy and silky smooth, without being overly heavy, and it keeps the oilies at bay well. It's a pleasure to use.

There are two small downsides; the lack of a pump on the bottle, and the slight pinkishness of the shade. The pump issue is a little annoying, but not so bad that I'll give up using it. As for the pinkishness, I personally mix a little MAC Studio Sculpt NC15 in with it, which not only lends a little bit more yellow balance, but also it makes the coverage a little thicker for areas where I have bad redness (Colorstay covers them but not as well as Studio Sculpt).

Overall, Colorstay is the best all-round foundation I've ever found, even taking into account my mixing it with a touch of MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by aliciagarciathebest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok this is amazing for oily skin, good coverage wont come off at all during the day.

BUT the color selection is soo bad I cant tell you the color closest to my natural skin tone is 220 natural beige and I can tell you that it looked like a pink mask on my face, not pinky but PINK. Thats why it only has 4 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

I've been liking this foundation! I have oily skin and enlarged pores. I've been using primer, but this is one of the few foundations that I can seriously say that it makes my pores disappear :) It feels very light on. I've paired it with different setting powders and overall it has performed well. I like the packaging. Wish the color selection was wider though... I should also point out that you DO need under eye concealer with this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Colorstay in Ivory - while it's the lightest shade & this is what I am typically matched with - was entirely too pink for me. I've tried it twice now with two different sunscreens worn underneath for purposes of thorough testing, & the result was the same both times: pink face, white neck. My face is made so artificially pink after applying the Ivory, it looks as though I have irritation, or just love the booze. If Revlon doesn't wish to go full-on yellow with the lightest shade of their Colorstay foundation, they should at least consider making this foundation a little more neutral - because the finish of it isn't too bad.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

After searching for the right makeup FOREVER, I've finally found the one in the right price range that works perfectly. I used to use Clinique foundations, and even though they worked okay, they faded over time and were not worth the price.
I read some reviews on this site for Revlon Colorstay (Softflex), and since they were so positive reviews, I decided to try it. This stuff works great. Can be applied with a moist foundation brush, but needs to be blended in quickly otherwise it will cake up and look streaky. This product covers everything really well and stays in place all day.

The price is very reasonable and I actually get the Buff 150 shade which works perfectly for me. The packaging could be better because it comes in a glass bottle... a pump would be somewhat better but it's not a big deal to me since I end up dispensing it onto my hand anyway.

I mix apply this product and then my MAC Face&Body foundation and my skin ends up looking nearly flawless and dewy all day.
I have repurchased and will continue to do so in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by nerortensia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

COLOR: IT'S NOT FOR EXTREMELY FAIR SKIN! I want to point it out first cause I read in many blogs and forum the Colorstay in ivory is a really pale color...but it isn't.
I have really pale skin, tough not the palest and It's so unnatural in daylight, bringing out a dull complexion for us porcelain skinned!
PACKAGE: I have Colorstay in Compact and let me say I'ts totally unpractical, there is a grate/lid to open that protect the sponge to mess with the creamy foundation but it's hard to remove it everytime and I ended up trashing that grid and keeping the sponge outside the compact. Not so sanitary!
PRODUCT : blend pretty well with complexion but doesn't improve skin appearence and make my dark under eyes worse! The good thing is that does a good work smoothing your skin texture at the touch.
SMELL: is ok, a bit waxy with a tad of vanilla on it.
I wouldnt buy again, but for the price, (very cheap on ebay) I'd say go for it if you have medium pale skin but sort of sun kissed and try the liquid instead of the compact

HINT:
For palest skin, I swear by Boots 7 in OPAL, really is the palest, actually a bit too pale, it's the actual color of ivory !

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by petiteju

I am unsure of how I feel about this foundation. Starting with the positives; it gives amazing coverage. I have moderate acne and an enormous amount of post acne hyperpigmentation and this completely eliminates it. On the down side it completely accentuates every single blackhead on my nose! I don't know what I am doing wrong! I found that I have to apply this with a foundation brush or it looks streaky but no matter how I apply it, it makes my blackheads stand out. Oh well, I will stick with it for the coverage and it's lasting power.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by wints

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Sadly, this didn't work for me. I don't think it was too dark - just too pink. (AFAIK I'm NW15. My best match so far seems to be Nars Sheer Matte in Mont Blanc and Chanel Mat Lumiere powder in 10 Lumiere.) Mixing this with Colorstay in Buff seemed to create a neutral enough shade, but I can't be bothered to mix when the finish is just okay. The texture wasn't bad at all, and it provides great coverage, but there's not much one can do if the shade is wrong! I would love to find a d/s foundation that works for me, but they seem to be too pink or too yellow.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by snikolac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I tried Ivory because my skin is so fair, and I'd hoped it would smooth out my imperfections and stay on all day. I was disappointed. This foundation caked in the creases of my skin and by mid-afternoon, my skin was just as oily as ever.