November 27, 2014 | 951 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Skinflash

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by waiyi

I love this product, I got 003. The texture is very creamy, very easy to blend to the skin. It doesn't totally cover my dark circle, but it highlights undereyes, so it makes my dark circles less obvious. I love the product, coz it looks natural, not like the other concealers. It does wonderful job on my laugh lines though. Will I buy this product again??? YES!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2008 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Agape1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely MUST HAVE for me!! Makes me look like I had enough sleep and just back from vacation. Not the cheapest product, but this is Dior and you get what you pay in this case. Worth every penny. I'd rather save on something else, but get this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2008 8:00:00 AM More reviews by blackberry_belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently purchased this in 001, after using YSL Touche Eclat (was nice, did a good job, but #1 was still slightly too dark for me to justify the price). I must say, I find the result I get with this very similar, only this is a slightly better colour match for me, and is a bit cheaper. With a never-ending pile of work and studies, this has done an impressive job with covering my dark circles and providing the illusion that I am well rested. I'm quite annoyed at the packaging - I bought it home, and went to use it, and after a good 10 minutes of continual twisting to release the product, nothing came out. I tried again later on, still nothing. I was ready to take it back to get another and gave it one more shot this morning, and after the first twist, product finally appeared!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by cranberry7

I have this in Candelight 002. I have dark circles around my eyes and this product does a really good job of making them less noticeable. The circles aren't erased completely but I wasn't expecting that. The result isn't cakey or fake feeling/looking. I really like Skinflash but at $33 it's on the expensive side.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by claudiaee

I bought this product because they ran out of my Touche Eclat shade at Nordstrom's and I needed a concealer. I thought this would work the same, but was sadly disappointed. This didn't work very well for me, and I won't be repurchasing... Back to Nordstrom's!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 5:59:00 AM More reviews by kissed_a_lil_mischief

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My best friend gave me 001 since she'd bought the wrong colour at the airport and I was hesitant of this stuff since I've never used a highlighter underneath my eye or anything. However, I gave it a bash and what a massive difference it's made to underneath my eyes. I look so much more bright eyed and bushy-tailed! I tend to have dark circles under my eyes which makes me look tired, but this stuff is amazing! It's one of those products where you don't think it'll do much, but once you see yourself with it on you can't live without it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 11:34:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

This is for Shade #001 (Roseglow).

I can see where a lot of people would be disappointed if they thought of this as a concealer, and were hoping to get the effect of a concealer from Skinflash.

In my opinion, Skinflash is more of an under-eye brightener. I also think that most people apply this a bit more heavily than they really should.

I think Skinflash is ideal for people who don't have heavily dark under-eye circles or bags, and who are just looking for a little bit of brightening help.

I use a very thin coat of this under my eyes, instead of concealer. It doesn't look heavy or thick like concealer often does under my eyes, but just gives a bit of a boost, making me look more awake, young and healthy.
I've also used it on my mother, who also doesn't like to wear much makeup and never wears heavy makeup, and it was lovely on her as well.

I think this is a good product if you know what to expect.

EDIT - it's good to be aware that this can really accentuate under-eye dryness. I've learned I need to skip this if I've got any dryness at all, because it just makes it looks worse. This product almost always looks best when applied very lightly. It also works well as a brow-bone highlighter.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Faster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was kindly given this by a friend when i was having a zit/spot emergency - she found it didnt work too well for her. I am nw15-20 with dry skin, i used the 002 shade in this - it was a tad lighter than my skin. The clicky-pen like tube was easy to use and the brush was good for getting a smooth application but a few of the bristles of the brush seemed to get caught up in the lid when it was closed leaving a few bristles sticking out at funny angles. A few clicks of the pen & a modest amount of product was delivered to the brush - this is good as it prevents too much product from going onto the skin. I found it to be smooth & very pigmented but not very thick - granted i was using this to cover a blemish (some feel it is a highlighter - but the SA told my friend it was also meant to be used as a concealer) it covered any redness very well but clumped up over the actual spot/zit. Like other reviewers have said it is a little watery in coverage - but i think that looks better than a huge blob of concealer. I used a little under my eyes out of curiosity and it did make them look brighter from a distance but up close they looked a little strange - it seemed to be a bit too sparkly to look natural.The fragrance! - this doesnt bother me at all but it does smell like Talc/Nivea products. All in all an average product with its merits but at 32euros (Ireland) its so expensive i dont really feel its worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Just an indifferent product not good not bad nothing more than water and colour.studio lights by mac much better.And what about The price??35euros for 0,05oz:))))

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by machrina

first of all this is a highlighter not a concealer. it has nice texture, doesn't set into fine lines. is very similar to touche eclat[ysl], which in my opinion is much superior.