April 20, 2014 | 1648 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by dinyell

Eh, it's ok but I could do without it. I honestly don't see THAT big of a difference in using it vs. not using it. Maybe my mascara stays on an hour longer before flaking.
I won't buy this one again... but maybe I'll buy something different in my search for a good primer.

Overall I wasn't impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by ldordal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a mascara primer "virgin", but when I got this home I actually tried it with a Rimmel mascara that is not that good. One eye with, and one eye without- and it is amazing not only how much fuller the one "with" looks, it actually prevented clumping (which on the other eye it did not). More experiementing- Just bought the Lauder Sumptuous mascara along with a brand new Clinique called "High Lengths Mascara"- crazy looking wand with neon green on it so you don't poke yourself in the eye....

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by shukufuku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This product wasn't bad, but it's not that amazing to me either. The price was reasonable and for a few bucks more, was considerably better than MAC's prep + prime lash.

The brush: I like it being tapered, to get the ends and corners, as well as my lower lashes. I would prefer if it had more bristles to better separate and coat each lash though.

The formula: Helped lengthen and add volume to my very thin lashes, creating a good base and making whatever mascara I use on top more dramatic.

Overall: It wasn't expensive and it did it's primary job, but I find that a lot of primers from double ended drugstore mascaras to work even better for me, strangely enough. That being said, I'd rather just use the cheaper stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by cjanerun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a decent product, but not one I feel is really necessary. After trying this with all of my mascaras, I found that is just makes up for your mascara if it is lacking something in the first place. It does some lengthening, volumizing, curl-holding and reduces transfer, but a good mascara shouldn't need this to help it along! I'll use this to help use up some of my not-fantastic mascaras but probably won't repurchase after that.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by rainbowrivulets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first primer, so I can't say how it compares to the others, but I can definitely see a difference when I use it...
Pros:
-Makes my lashes ridiculously long... though it might be because it's white that it looks longer than they really are
-Mascara flakes less
-I have this little notch of short eyelashes, and this fixes it pretty well. (kinda looks like this: l l l ivi ll l so yeah, kinda retarded.)
-My bottom lashes don't look dainty and frail with this on :)
Cons:
-Doesn't hold a curl well -- so I dont put this in my roots anymore, just a few strokes at the tips
-expensive!
fyi: I use the high impact mascara most of the time with this, but occasionally e.l.f. earth & water duo. Both work fine with this

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by kewlhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My experience with this was not good. I've tried it twice, so it wasn't just a fluke. I could not get enough product on my lashes. It just would not distribute very much at all. It was like using no primer at all. I blame the brush the most for this. The brush is very soft and therefore does not grab the lashes and also creates clumps very easily. I eventually got a huuuuge gray-white clump of crap at the end of the tube where you pull the brush out. It was pretty gross and I had to toss both within a month of beginning to use it. It is cheap, but I want something that will last longer than that.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2009 9:51:00 AM More reviews by kims3142

This really sucked. I used Shiseido & now use Kanebo Kate-the best!!!!

Does not hold curl at all, it actually is so heavy that made my curled lashes drop down even lower than they are in their natural state.

Not worth it, going back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by debnkev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first real primer I have tried. I tried the Rimmel Style and Shine; but it is really hard to even compare the two because they are so different. The Clinique Primer really lengthens and thickens my lashes. Mostly though I wanted it to keep my mascara in place. Because no matter what mascara I have tried that claimed it would not flake, smudge or etc. it always did. Especially on my bottom lashes. I have fair skin and red hair so I need to wear mascara and any flake or smudge is highly visible. And because I wear contacts my eyes always seem to water. The primer has really kept my mascara in place and unless I cry or have excessive watering it will stay put. So far I have only tried the Clinique Lash Power (in Brown) over it, but I love the combination and I am totally happy and feel my search is over.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 7:05:00 AM More reviews by plushbear84

I love love LOVE this primer. I've used Shiseido and MAC lash primers and while they're ok, IMO, the Clinique one outperforms both in holding a curl and lengthening. The Shiseido one was so difficult to remove and the brush didn't feel that great. The MAC primer was ok but the brush was quite big and after awhile, the formula got quite goopy and seemed to weigh down my lashes. The brush is a nice medium size and the formula feels very light. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

my eyelash did appear to be a few centimeter longer and it's easy to remove. other than these, there really isn't anything outstanding about this primer. l'oreal's primer has the same result, and it is also a cheaper alternative