July 31, 2014 | 1979 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by rachie78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have only tried waterproof Maybelline (dual end mascara) primer prior to this, which was great for lengthening, but it was very difficult to wash off even with makeup remover (probably due to the waterproof formula).

I like this product because not only does it add volume and length, it is very easily washable. I can even wash this off my lashes with Cetaphil Gentle face cleanser, which hardly even gets the mascara off my lashes most of the time. It feels very soft to put it on, almost like a lash conditioner. I have long lashes naturally, and this product makes my lashes look fake (in a good way)!

This product doesn't come off as bright white as the maybelline, so it wasn't as good to make colored mascara "pop", but I definitely like this better. I layer this under Dior mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Lilmisssammy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

You need this. Seriously, this lash primer is one of the greatest products on the market. You can put it under ANY mascara (except waterproof, cause it'll make it not waterproof...) I get compliments where ever I go when I use this primer. Your eye lashes will love it too! If you are looking to add volume and length to your lashes, this is the perfect stuff for you! I cannot live without this primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been and EL lash primer devotee for years. Looking to save some money I decided to try the Clinque lash primer which is about $5 cheaper. I applied EL primer to one eye and the Clinque lash primer to the other and honestly, I could not tell the difference. They both work extremely well to thicken and lengthen lashes and keep mascara from flaking off. I actually like the Clinique lash wand better as it is longer than EL. What is great is that the lash primer works with any mascara that I use from Dior to drugstore Rimmel. Using a regular crimping eyelash curler, primer, mascara then a heated eyelash curler gives me amazing length and curl. Great product and definitely worth trying. No irritation whatsover from this. A .16 oz tube sells for $13. Update: I am deducting a lippie because this starts to dry up before I am halfway through the container. Also, it does not contain the moisturing ingredients that EL primer has.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by dinyell

Eh, it's ok but I could do without it. I honestly don't see THAT big of a difference in using it vs. not using it. Maybe my mascara stays on an hour longer before flaking.
I won't buy this one again... but maybe I'll buy something different in my search for a good primer.

Overall I wasn't impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by ldordal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a mascara primer "virgin", but when I got this home I actually tried it with a Rimmel mascara that is not that good. One eye with, and one eye without- and it is amazing not only how much fuller the one "with" looks, it actually prevented clumping (which on the other eye it did not). More experiementing- Just bought the Lauder Sumptuous mascara along with a brand new Clinique called "High Lengths Mascara"- crazy looking wand with neon green on it so you don't poke yourself in the eye....

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by shukufuku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This product wasn't bad, but it's not that amazing to me either. The price was reasonable and for a few bucks more, was considerably better than MAC's prep + prime lash.

The brush: I like it being tapered, to get the ends and corners, as well as my lower lashes. I would prefer if it had more bristles to better separate and coat each lash though.

The formula: Helped lengthen and add volume to my very thin lashes, creating a good base and making whatever mascara I use on top more dramatic.

Overall: It wasn't expensive and it did it's primary job, but I find that a lot of primers from double ended drugstore mascaras to work even better for me, strangely enough. That being said, I'd rather just use the cheaper stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by cjanerun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a decent product, but not one I feel is really necessary. After trying this with all of my mascaras, I found that is just makes up for your mascara if it is lacking something in the first place. It does some lengthening, volumizing, curl-holding and reduces transfer, but a good mascara shouldn't need this to help it along! I'll use this to help use up some of my not-fantastic mascaras but probably won't repurchase after that.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by rainbowrivulets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first primer, so I can't say how it compares to the others, but I can definitely see a difference when I use it...
Pros:
-Makes my lashes ridiculously long... though it might be because it's white that it looks longer than they really are
-Mascara flakes less
-I have this little notch of short eyelashes, and this fixes it pretty well. (kinda looks like this: l l l ivi ll l so yeah, kinda retarded.)
-My bottom lashes don't look dainty and frail with this on :)
Cons:
-Doesn't hold a curl well -- so I dont put this in my roots anymore, just a few strokes at the tips
-expensive!
fyi: I use the high impact mascara most of the time with this, but occasionally e.l.f. earth & water duo. Both work fine with this

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by kewlhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My experience with this was not good. I've tried it twice, so it wasn't just a fluke. I could not get enough product on my lashes. It just would not distribute very much at all. It was like using no primer at all. I blame the brush the most for this. The brush is very soft and therefore does not grab the lashes and also creates clumps very easily. I eventually got a huuuuge gray-white clump of crap at the end of the tube where you pull the brush out. It was pretty gross and I had to toss both within a month of beginning to use it. It is cheap, but I want something that will last longer than that.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2009 9:51:00 AM More reviews by kims3142

This really sucked. I used Shiseido & now use Kanebo Kate-the best!!!!

Does not hold curl at all, it actually is so heavy that made my curled lashes drop down even lower than they are in their natural state.

Not worth it, going back to the store.