September 23, 2014 | 1676 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Lillynora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After reading the reviews on this product I wanted to add my own experience with this product. I am using this to cover broken vains and redness in my facial skin (cheeks) and blemishes/acne. Not for under eye concealing.

It is the best I have used so far for the colour match - blend as you wish...I apply with my finger (clean) and/or with brush to buff it out if needed.

I use this on top of my foundation and I set everything with translucent powder. And this concealer does the job and stays on all day.

It is expensive, but a little goes a long way and I am very happy with my SC1

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by SanyaX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an okay product, I use this to cover my dark circles and to contour my cheeks. It's not that bad but it does make my under eyes look cakey. And it's also pricey, good for contouring not so good for covering dark circles.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Winglessly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I chose this when I wasn't tanned and it still works on my tanned skin! A makeup artist at Sephora told me to dab the shade on the right on the dark spots first, then add the shade on the left over it. What I do though is just mix the shades with my fingers and then dab it under my eyes. Really brightens my face and makes my eyes look bigger.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not my favorite concealer pallet. I purchased it because i heard such great things about it online - how it's this and that. But I know i will not repurchase this. I will use it until i finish but I don't like it that much. Reason is: it's very cakey and hard. I don't think it applies that smoothly on my face - esp the light part of the concealer pallet. The salmon part is alright but still cakey. It's not creamy. I like my undereye concealers to be creamy. I think it's quite expensive too. Wish i could have saved the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Flowergirl55

I wanted to like this product, seeing that some of my favorite YouTube beauty Guru's were always recommending. I tried this in Sephora today and it appeared heavy and cakey. You could tell that I was wearing a full coverage concealer. This would be great for a photo shoot, pictures or a night out at a club (dark restaurant) etc... For everyday daytime ware it is something I highly do not recommend. I must add that when you see people applying this product on YouTube you don't see the effect up close and what it looks like in the daylight. The product looks good on camera but not in person, that is very important to remember when wanting products you see on Video or your favorite stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by jadorelechoc

I love what other people seem to hate- its waxy texture. This product is not thick, at all, but it is waxy, and I want it to be. This way it adheres to the skin and does not budge, even if it's not set with powder (I generally dislike powder and tend to not use any). I swirl my finger twice in the product (again, why do people find that disgusting, it's not poo!) and tap on the spots I need to cover. Blend a little around the edges, either with a clean finger or a 217 type brush and you're done.
It is not meant to be used under your eyes, so I am not judging its performance according to how it works on that area.
I will definitely repurchase this when it's done, I have not found anything else that works as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by rakelpetersen

i thought this was more creamy than it is. I got it in the wrong shade it is too light for me, eventhough i am a NC25 in MAC. i own the sc-3.. its ok - you can not use it under eyes and i dont need too much concealing anywhere else on my face accept on my nose where i tend to get red. and it concealse it pefektly. Its ok..

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by gandangnatural

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first high end concealer. i love the idea of combining two different shades to conceal. it covers my blemishes well and I even use this as my under eye concealer :) this last for about 6 hours then you may need to reapply.. I have oily skin so that may be the reason... i would give it 5 lippies if it lasted that entire day, but I still love it because I can conceal my pimples w/o aggravating it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by heb2012

I really wanted to like this product after reading all the amazing reviews, but sadly that wasn't the case. It's way too cakey for my liking and it REALLY brings out the lines under my eyes. The color was fine, not amazing, and it was kind of annoying having to warm it up before using. After a few hours it looked awful; very splotchy! My friends have even told me it does not look natural. A lot of people seem to like this concealer, but I just don't get the hype. For the price, the quality should be better. Definitely not buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The coverage is great. Right now I'm only using this and a blush. It is great for concealing acne spots and blemishes. The only problem is: I have to buy SC-1 and SC-2 and mix them to get the right color for my skin tone. And another thing: I can't apply it using fingers. I mean, of course I can but it looks like patches of wax on my face. So to get it right, I bought the special LM brush. I will keep repurchasing unless I find something even better that doesn't require to be applied with a brush