August 20, 2014 | 1799 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by SanyaX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an okay product, I use this to cover my dark circles and to contour my cheeks. It's not that bad but it does make my under eyes look cakey. And it's also pricey, good for contouring not so good for covering dark circles.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Winglessly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I chose this when I wasn't tanned and it still works on my tanned skin! A makeup artist at Sephora told me to dab the shade on the right on the dark spots first, then add the shade on the left over it. What I do though is just mix the shades with my fingers and then dab it under my eyes. Really brightens my face and makes my eyes look bigger.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not my favorite concealer pallet. I purchased it because i heard such great things about it online - how it's this and that. But I know i will not repurchase this. I will use it until i finish but I don't like it that much. Reason is: it's very cakey and hard. I don't think it applies that smoothly on my face - esp the light part of the concealer pallet. The salmon part is alright but still cakey. It's not creamy. I like my undereye concealers to be creamy. I think it's quite expensive too. Wish i could have saved the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Flowergirl55

I wanted to like this product, seeing that some of my favorite YouTube beauty Guru's were always recommending. I tried this in Sephora today and it appeared heavy and cakey. You could tell that I was wearing a full coverage concealer. This would be great for a photo shoot, pictures or a night out at a club (dark restaurant) etc... For everyday daytime ware it is something I highly do not recommend. I must add that when you see people applying this product on YouTube you don't see the effect up close and what it looks like in the daylight. The product looks good on camera but not in person, that is very important to remember when wanting products you see on Video or your favorite stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by jadorelechoc

I love what other people seem to hate- its waxy texture. This product is not thick, at all, but it is waxy, and I want it to be. This way it adheres to the skin and does not budge, even if it's not set with powder (I generally dislike powder and tend to not use any). I swirl my finger twice in the product (again, why do people find that disgusting, it's not poo!) and tap on the spots I need to cover. Blend a little around the edges, either with a clean finger or a 217 type brush and you're done.
It is not meant to be used under your eyes, so I am not judging its performance according to how it works on that area.
I will definitely repurchase this when it's done, I have not found anything else that works as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by rakelpetersen

i thought this was more creamy than it is. I got it in the wrong shade it is too light for me, eventhough i am a NC25 in MAC. i own the sc-3.. its ok - you can not use it under eyes and i dont need too much concealing anywhere else on my face accept on my nose where i tend to get red. and it concealse it pefektly. Its ok..

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by gandangnatural

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first high end concealer. i love the idea of combining two different shades to conceal. it covers my blemishes well and I even use this as my under eye concealer :) this last for about 6 hours then you may need to reapply.. I have oily skin so that may be the reason... i would give it 5 lippies if it lasted that entire day, but I still love it because I can conceal my pimples w/o aggravating it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by heb2012

I really wanted to like this product after reading all the amazing reviews, but sadly that wasn't the case. It's way too cakey for my liking and it REALLY brings out the lines under my eyes. The color was fine, not amazing, and it was kind of annoying having to warm it up before using. After a few hours it looked awful; very splotchy! My friends have even told me it does not look natural. A lot of people seem to like this concealer, but I just don't get the hype. For the price, the quality should be better. Definitely not buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The coverage is great. Right now I'm only using this and a blush. It is great for concealing acne spots and blemishes. The only problem is: I have to buy SC-1 and SC-2 and mix them to get the right color for my skin tone. And another thing: I can't apply it using fingers. I mean, of course I can but it looks like patches of wax on my face. So to get it right, I bought the special LM brush. I will keep repurchasing unless I find something even better that doesn't require to be applied with a brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit of a concealer connoisseur : ). I don't have oily skin, it's normal to dry, yet I have an extremely hard time finding a concealer that lasts longer than a few hrs on my skin. (& that's if I'm lucky) Idk why. Maybe it's my weird chemistry, but whatever it is, it really sucks, and has cost me a ton of money in my search for the perfect (i.e. stay put) concealer. Concealers that work well for others never seem to work well for me in the lasting power department, even if I set with powder. Besides, I want a concealer that lasts without having to always set with powder, especially for under the eyes, or when I'm in a hurry/on the go. I own EL Dbl Wear, MUFE Full Cover, Mac Pro Longwear, Studio Finish, Studio Sculpt,(well all the Mac concealers), Laura Geller Real Deal, Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer, and many more. Enter LM Secret Camouflage. Not only does it last on me, but it covers amazingly well. If and when my concealer stash is all used up, this is all I'll use, at least for the face!

Now, you do have to work with this product a bit, but it's totally worth it. And it's not as complicated as many other reviewers have made it seem. I am NC30-NC40 depending on the season, & I wear SC5. I absolutely love how this comes with 2 shades that you can mix to match your skintone as it changes throughout the year. I go to the beach and am outside a lot in the spring/summer, & despite sunscreen, I get very dark due to being half Italian. This concealer still matches me at my darkest! Plus, it's really easy to mix the two shades. What I do is take a flat, synthetic concealer brush and drag it across the pan it a few times in one shade, then wipe on the back of my hand. Then, I flip the brush over, and drag/swipe it a few times in the other color, & wipe on top of the first shade that's already on the back of my hand. I repeat this process; mixing the two shades till I get the color/amount I need. Takes less than 30 seconds. Then I apply to my face. Simple as that. I use a tiny stiff eyeliner brush (the one that comes with the Maybelline gel e/l is perfect) for any pinpoint concealing, which works great. I then make sure everything, including all the edges are blended with a fluffy eyeshadow brush like the 217. Oh and I almost forgot..a very good tip is to make sure your face is VERY well moisturized with a great moisturizer before applying this concealer. ( I use Skin's Shangri-La or Skin Drink both by Lush, my skin is norm to dry, a great option for oily skin is Lush's Celestial.) Start applying it right after your moisturizer (or moisturizer and primer) when your face is still moist, and this will help tremendously with spreading it due to its' drier, waxier consistency.

I also recommend keeping the little plastic covering that comes on top of the concealer when it's brand new instead of tossing it because it helps keep it from drying out. I also keep a hair tie around mine to keep it tightly closed. And sometimes I mix with my clean fingers as well, using the same method as I use with my brush, and this helps warm up the product. Yes, it's not as creamy as ur standard concealer, but this is why it lasts so long on the skin. I don't even have 2 set with powder! I use a different concealer for under my eyes, as this does tend to settle in fine lines. Also, for the amount you get compared to other concealers at the same price point, this is a good deal to me. I've had mine over a yr, using 4 times a wk @ least, and have barely made a dent. Highly recommend this to anyone who needs a good facial concealer that will hold up in any conditions!!