MAC Lustre Capricious

4.2

on 12/12/2007 11:35:00 AM

Generally the MAC line offers well-pigmented cosmetics, affordably priced. I can get from pink to rose to berry w/Capricious, depending on how much is applied. Not much staying power, but the stain it leaves behind after wearing off is a nice extra.

on 7/4/2007 12:40:00 AM

To me Capricious is a deep dusty rose shade with just a touch of berry and I can see this working with a lot of different complexions. But, as HauntedMoonlight said, a lot of other brands (even the cheapest ones around) carry very similar shades to this one. So yes, it's nice for everyday wear, but nothing too original either, so I don't think I'll buy this again.

Capricious is a plum/berry lipstick. The color is pretty, but it's not very unique. Other brands probably have something similiar, but with better staying power. I'm not a big fan of the lustre formula (I prefer mattes and satins). This lipstick is too sheer and doesn't last very long. I have to reapply it several times a day. I've had this lipstick for about five months and even though I don't use it very often, (only 1-2 times a week) it's already almost finished. Capricious is my first lustre lipstick and I won't buy anymore of them.

on 3/25/2007 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Fortunately, I didn't purchase this lipstick. I got it free through MAC's recyling program. I am very cool toned and this lipstick looks awful on me. It looked like a pretty pink-plum on my hand, but on my lips it's a pinky-violet-bordering-on-fuschia shade. I'm disappointed because I had high hopes for this lipstick from the MUA reviews. :(

on 2/25/2007 12:45:00 PM

This is one of the three or four lipsticks I wear most. When I first got it I thought it was nice but wasn't overwhelmed: it's a plummy, berry color with a bit of red it it. But I'm cool toned (NW20) who wears a lot of purple and blue clothes, and I've found that this is the lipstick that will effortlessly match with cool-toned clothing. I still don't know that I love it--certainly not as much as Sophisto--but I do find myself reaching for it constantly. Plus, I love the Mac Lustre formula. So, Capricious has earned itself five stars after all.

on 2/18/2007 10:43:00 PM

I absolutely love this color! I was looking for an everyday color that could also be used for a night out. This color does just that! It's a pretty berry color that brightens my face. I think it can be used in any season though I have not used it in the summer yet so that is yet to be seen. I love the lustre formula and am hoping to find another color that I like as much as this one to switch off with. This has definitely become a staple even though I have so many other colors!

on 1/15/2007 8:19:00 AM

i bought this color yesterday, and tried it on last night...
it was perfect for an everyday lip when you dont want to be over the top, or under the top. its a very pretty berry plum look. but very natural, and very gorgeous. i am very fair, and this just perked my coloring up!

EDIT:
i am in LOVE with this lipstick! i have been reaching for it every single day. it pretty much goes with almost any eyeshadow or blush. its GORGEOUS! a gorgeous rosey pinkish berry flower color! this was my first lustre lipstick and i am going back today to look for more. they are so MOISTURIZING! love it love it love it. continued >>

on 10/19/2006 9:11:00 PM

Great fall color for my PPP skin. I usually wear Clinique and was surprised at how much I love this color. Try it out.

on 9/2/2006 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

For me, this is the "your lips, but better!" color. The lustre formula as always is sooooo nice, it applies beautifully and seems to melt into your lips so the color looks very natural. I will definitely be buying this again!

This lipstick is rose and berry and plum all at once. Beautiful color that I think would look nice on many skintones. The Lustre formula is amazing. Creamy and smooth and sheery and shiny. Great for everyday wear. Would buy this (or at least B2M for it) again.

Popular Lipsticks