July 26, 2014 | 1549 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Capricious

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fortunately, I didn't purchase this lipstick. I got it free through MAC's recyling program. I am very cool toned and this lipstick looks awful on me. It looked like a pretty pink-plum on my hand, but on my lips it's a pinky-violet-bordering-on-fuschia shade. I'm disappointed because I had high hopes for this lipstick from the MUA reviews. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by achenm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the three or four lipsticks I wear most. When I first got it I thought it was nice but wasn't overwhelmed: it's a plummy, berry color with a bit of red it it. But I'm cool toned (NW20) who wears a lot of purple and blue clothes, and I've found that this is the lipstick that will effortlessly match with cool-toned clothing. I still don't know that I love it--certainly not as much as Sophisto--but I do find myself reaching for it constantly. Plus, I love the Mac Lustre formula. So, Capricious has earned itself five stars after all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by princess2006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this color! I was looking for an everyday color that could also be used for a night out. This color does just that! It's a pretty berry color that brightens my face. I think it can be used in any season though I have not used it in the summer yet so that is yet to be seen. I love the lustre formula and am hoping to find another color that I like as much as this one to switch off with. This has definitely become a staple even though I have so many other colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2007 8:19:00 AM More reviews by honeybees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i bought this color yesterday, and tried it on last night...
it was perfect for an everyday lip when you dont want to be over the top, or under the top. its a very pretty berry plum look. but very natural, and very gorgeous. i am very fair, and this just perked my coloring up!

EDIT:
i am in LOVE with this lipstick! i have been reaching for it every single day. it pretty much goes with almost any eyeshadow or blush. its GORGEOUS! a gorgeous rosey pinkish berry flower color! this was my first lustre lipstick and i am going back today to look for more. they are so MOISTURIZING! love it love it love it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2006 9:11:00 PM More reviews by kermie70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great fall color for my PPP skin. I usually wear Clinique and was surprised at how much I love this color. Try it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2006 2:06:00 PM More reviews by kittypuppy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For me, this is the "your lips, but better!" color. The lustre formula as always is sooooo nice, it applies beautifully and seems to melt into your lips so the color looks very natural. I will definitely be buying this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2006 1:49:00 PM More reviews by verybridgetjones

This lipstick is rose and berry and plum all at once. Beautiful color that I think would look nice on many skintones. The Lustre formula is amazing. Creamy and smooth and sheery and shiny. Great for everyday wear. Would buy this (or at least B2M for it) again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2006 10:11:00 AM More reviews by kristenmc1218

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this! It is a rosy, plummy, sheer, moisturizing, beautiful lippie on this NW20. I love Paula Dorf's Havana and Clinique's Almost Blush, and this is a very similar color. I like it much better than Sophisto because it does not have the coppery tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 9:41:00 PM More reviews by melbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another MAC lippie that I LOVE!!! Capricious wears on me as a sheer berry plum stain, just light enough for daytime. My beloved Lustre formulation keeps this color slightly shiny and slick. This is one of those no-fail lipsticks I can see myself carrying around forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2006 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice plummy red color that will look great on a night on the town. I don't reach for it very often for work b/c I think it is a bit over the top. But for night outs, I think it will be great. I like to top it w/ YSL Touche Brilliant in #9. Fabulous!!!!!!!!!