August 30, 2014 | 1711 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - 5th Avenue

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2006 7:27:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlsmakegraves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Never thought I'd like this one! Not only am I mostly drawn to more exotic, unique and less floral boutique fragrances - this was given to me as a relatively low-cost gift. For the price, this is a wonderful fragrance. The packaging is elegant and simple, trumping a number of higher-end designers on aesthetics.

I agree this is a safe daytime wear scent as it's a soft, gentle floral that has a way of lingering on a clothing as a perfume and nothing more or less. The note that really sticks out to me in terms of appeal is the light linden blossom, that lends a gentle freshness to the scent. It doesn't not change significantly in the drydown, though I wasn't expecting much complexity from this. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2006 8:18:00 AM More reviews by lorenbarton000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is just something about this fragrance that I really like. I know it is rather a cheap price and rather generic smelling but I really do like it and as I have nearly a full bottle I should wear it more. It is so soft and feminine, nothing outstanding about it but I do agree with the other reviewer that wrote it is the perfect work fragance. My grandmother received a massive bottle of it last christmas which did make me question whether or not a woman of my age should be wearing this. It really is soft, feminine, floral and just too hard not to like ...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Moondeva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

5th Avenue - A safe rich floral. Very ladylike and pretty. Long lasting. Dries down to a soft woody amber. Confident but not in your face. A great every day scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2006 10:14:00 AM More reviews by OoCrystaloO

This was given to me as a present and is not a perfume that I would go out and buy.

There is nothing wrong with it, it is a pleasant flowery smell and I quite like wearing for work sometimes...however it doesn't really do anything for me. There is nothing special about this one whatsoever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2006 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Goddess_Dreams

Not here nor there. There is just nothing special enough about this fragrance. I received a bottle as a gift almost 5 years ago and the bottle is still more than half full. I guess it's just not me. Oh and they've come out with a new version called Fifth Ave. After Five - Interesting play on words but the fragrance is very reminiscent of the original which did not do it for me in the first place, so now there is just more of it out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2006 11:52:00 PM More reviews by snarkylyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy 5th Avenue...it is so lovely and appropriate for almost any situation. I'm an RN and have to be very careful with fragrance at work (as I'm obviously quite close to patients, and don't want to make the already ill and/or infirm feel nauseated or offended by my scent), so I wear just the lotion on occasion and it's perfect. Bright, fresh and pretty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2006 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Flummig

Chathrine Zeta Jones does this commerical really well, she looks so beatiful. This is a glamourous and sexy fragrance by EA. Perfect for middle age women (so not for me!).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2006 2:07:00 AM More reviews by KarmAttack

I was given a small bottle of this as a gift by my bf's mother. I didn't like it at first, the scent smelled too old-ladyish on me. I think it is classy but I think it would suit someone older more (I'm 25). The packaging is boring, the scent is pretty average. Would not purchase this for myself or even give it to someone else. I'm glad my bottle is done with.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2006 8:00:00 PM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a fresh floral that reminds me of Hugo Boss "Woman". It smells ok on other ladies - very feminine with lilac, magnolia, linden blossom and muguet, but on me it smells like soap. Toilet soap. I do not detect any magnolia whatsoever when sprayed on me. This one's not for me unfortunately - it does not work well with my body chemistry - I ruin the fragrance. Also, it is a scent that is too fresh for my taste (I prefer orientals). I gave it away to a friend who loves it, and it smells good on her.
The thing I do like about this fragrance however, is the bottle, very classy and elegant.....

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2005 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Jean6_6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a very ladylike scent and most of my male friends like the scent too. But dont know why my female frens thinks the smell is too thick. I bought the 75ml but I stop using it after use it for not more than 1/3 as I feel bored about the scent, nothing special just an old fashion fragrance in a plain package. Not suitable for young girls. It's a very nice scent but I think my Anna Sui Secret Wish really suitable for me