November 23, 2014 | 1824 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - NEW! Hair

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by GirlieGirl5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My husband and I both love this stuff! I have baby fine blonde hair prone to breakage, and I was afraid this stuff would be too harsh. However, I use it with Tres Semme Conditioner and Moroccan oil, and the combo is perfect! My hair has thickened up noticeably, and always looks shiny and full. My husband has very oily hair and could not go a day without washing before without looking like an oil factory. With this his hair actually looks fresh the day after washing! This is a little bit pricey but to be cost effective we make sure not to leave the puck in the shower, to dry it fully on wax paper, and we use a Tupperware to store it, I know they also sell the tin thing at LUSH but we did not buy it due to bad reviews on the internet. However, the trick is probably the same for that as for the Tupperware, and that is letting it dry all the way before putting it in or lining the inside with wax paper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

I am on my second bar of this, so yes I would buy it again. I am not a LUSH fan by any means, in fact, I find LUSH in general overhyped and certainly overpriced. But I really like this shampoo bar. It doesn't dry my hair and I find myself having better hair days while using it. The bar lasts quite awhile, I was surprised. It seems to last longer than most shampoo bottles I have. Anyway, I don't have any new hair that I notice, or doesn't really seem to help with shedding, but it doesn't make it worse. I generally shed a lot of hair anyway, so I don't notice it helping there. But a great shampoo, I use this when I want to help make sure I have a good hair day :) I normally have to do a quick wash with the bar, then follow behind a second time to get it good and clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by evilmonkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to love this 7 or 8 years ago, and it really did help with the hair loss problems that I was having due to hormonal issues. The bar lasts a long time, it cleans well, and it improves circulation and hair growth. The downside is that it's really really drying and it can leave red stains in the shower, so make sure to rinse off any residue.
I remembered this working really well in the past, so I decided to buy it again, and it left my hair completely parched after one wash. It took two treatments with a hair mask before my hair was back to normal, and my hair isn't processed or treated with heat.
Almost a decade ago I was still a teen with oily hair, and the drying property was a plus, now that my hair is normal, it was definitely a con.
The shampoo did what it claims to do and it speeds up hair growth, but it's really really drying. It's great for oily hair, but it is too drying for normal hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by SinominGirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the first shampoo bar I've tried. Lathers very well, but this should be no suprise as it is full of SLS (specifically sodium laureth sulfate I think - not exactly the most skin-friendly chemical).

Of course, similar to all soap-like things, this also crumbles as it gets smaller and thinner. However, this is only a small disadvantage.

I did not notice any new growth, nor less shedding while using this. I used up two bars. This absolutely doesn't insist that it should'nt work for anyone else though.

Pros:

- Pleasant, not overpowering smell.
- Lathers well.
- Goes a long way.
- No unnecessary packaging.
- Gives hope for those with thinnig, floppy hair.
- Not tested on animals.
- Quite good for clarifying.

Cons:

- May not work exactly the way one would expect.
- Contains SLS.
- May be a bit too harsh (may need some good contitioner afterwards).
- A bit pricy, and didn't last as long as much (more) it cost compared to well-known drugstore brands.

Despite a few uncomfortable aspects, it's worth a try. I'm not entirely convinced that the improvement some people encounter isn't from the fact that with this shampoo, you need to massage the scalp a bit more to spread the stuff properly, but who knows. It might as well be the result of the natural ingredients, or the faith invested in this products effectiveness. It just didn't do anything special for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by DiscoPandaGoGo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

When it asks me if I would buy this product again, yes. Yes, yes, yes, YES, YESSSS! It is honestly my miracle worker :D Last summer I was undergoing treatments that actually made the top of my head start to slowly lose it's fullness and I was having my hair fall out after awhile :( So after I was cured they said my hair would grow back in, and it never did. So I've been using some items and was honestly thinking about hair surgery when I picked this up saying "Eh, it couldn't hurt." And after about a week of using it, my mother commented saying "Oh babe, your hair is growing back finally!"
Ever since then I've been using it for a month and my hair has more volume on the top of my head and my hair seems fuller and softer.

Amazing product, great to at least try if you're having trouble with hair loss even just a little bit!!

PS: It lathers like a dream :D

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Danuax

I use to love this product. As someone said it lasts forever yeaap and that's the problem for me. When I bought it two years ago I really loved it and used it on daily basis. I had a trouble hair back then -was falling like crazy and this was the only thing that helped to grow new hair quickly. The only con is that it stripped the color a little. I've tried it recently and something was wrong - the hair was dull, no volume, dry (even I used conditioner). Then I discovered that it just went off. So don't forget the expiration date (or don't buy to many products so you can't use them up all LOL).
And the smell is yummy, spicey and it reminds me Christmas. It's good product for it's purpose - it does stimulate the folicules and the hair GROWS...

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by akatrene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cleans hair well enough and has a nice cinnamon scent. It's claim to help new hair growth or reduce hair breakage - not true in my case. I saw absolutely no difference in the amount of hair breakage I was getting. And I REALLY needed an emolient conditioner because it left my hair dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by cliniquesnob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love it! So good on my oily locks! It's amazing! Makes them so soft, and I have cinnamon hair! MMMM! fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am in love with New! Shampoo. While I don't find that it makes my hair grow faster, it certainly stopped my hair from shedding. I have shoulder length , THICK, color treated hair and this makes it feel squeeky clean. It lathers really well, smells good (to me) and takes allthe product buildup and gunk out)

When I first rinsed it out of my hair I was worried because my hair felt like straw. As it started to air dry it got softer and softer. When it fully dried my hair was softer, smoother and shinier. I generally need to flat iron parts of my hair to get them to lay right, but I don't have to with this.

Every other washing I use Jungle Conditioner along side New! for some moisture (New can be more drying otherwise for me).

Price wise I find it reasonable. 10 dollars for a bar that last 2+ months.

I will be buying this again and again

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Dranaan

Put me in the LOVE column for the product itself -- it did wonders for my thin, breaking, and in spots actually *thinning* hair. My stylist can't believe the improvement. I love the scent and the performance, and it lasts forever. Plus traveling is a breeze with this. Points off for not coming with some kind of packaging -- leaving it in the shower can make it messy, even melty. But otherwise, love love love. I will use this forever.