Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

3.9

Water, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Dipropylene Glycol, Lauric Acid, PEG-60 Gyceryl Isostearate, PEG-32, PEG-6, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Fragrance, Trisodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Limonene, Serine, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Tocopherol

Very pricey but gorgeous cleanser. I wish the scent was made into a perfume the smell is divine. A small amount foamed up surprisingly well. Didn't notice any lightening however, but leaves skin feeling very clean and smooth. I definitely recommend as a dirt/oil/makeup removing cleanser.

on 4/12/2010 4:12:00 AM

If you buy this in hopes it would brighten/whiten your skin---look elsewhere. No facewash on earth will do that, no matter how expensive. While it does not whiten, it is excellent as a cleanser. I've used low and high end cosmetics, and it's highway robbery what these cosmetics company will charge you, but I will buy this ridiculously expensive cleanser because it works. I've tried all the drugstore moisturizers out there just to rinse off any residues from my face (it really is impossible to remove all traces of Shiseido SPF 60+ in one step), and they have all left my face feeling tight that when you rub the back of your finger back & forth against your cheeks, the skin's so taut and sticky that you can almost hear it squeak. This is one of the 3 cleansers that will thoroughly cleanse my skin but will not strip the natural oils. Afterwards, my skin feels clean and soft, and when I smile, my face doesn't crack because it's so dry. For reference, I use Aveeno oatmeal bar, Obagi cleanser, and Shiseido. Out of the three, I prefer the Shiseido. It is expensive, but I only use a pea-sized amount, so a tube can last me 3-4 months. It's probably not an added benefit of this cleanser, but I love how cleanly it rinses. For other cleansers, I have to put my face under the shower and use my hands to rinse it off for 5-10 seconds. With this one, I swear to god I stick my face under the shower and in 1 second, everything rinses off. Nothing too relevant, but it makes me happy =)

this cleanser did clean my skin well, but it felt a tiny bit tight after. it did keep my skin tone even and a bit brighter, but because i play sports, and i'm in the sun everyday (plus my skin is already tanned), it does more of a prevent more tanning, then lighten.

on 3/24/2010 1:54:00 PM

This item really truly works. I use this with Clarisonic, but you don't have to and you'd get the same benefits. My face is brightened, brown spots are lightened, and my face didn't look this good due to a brightening facial product ever before. I've tried prescription hyperpigmentation brighteners and they didn't work as well as this. I began seeing results when my bottle was about 1/4 gone, so take your time. Use small amounts. One downside is, of course, the price.

on 3/23/2010 3:44:00 AM

It does leave your skin feeling refreshed and a little tight. Sure, there is a "OOH my skin got whiter" excitement and this may fool you. But its only temporary and skin color returns after a few minutes. Nothing special. Definitely does not remove makeup well. You can swipe your face with toner to check. Bleh.

on 3/7/2010 7:54:00 PM

I love this, it whitens my skin as I wash. The results stay as long as I use it. My skin is fair/freckled and it turns white every time I continue using this product. Complementing with a whitening cream is even better.
My only complaints is the price, $34 is a lot for a face wash, and the tube - I have to cut it to take the last drop of it out :)

on 3/5/2010 1:44:00 AM

i used to love this product until i discovered other facial cleansers, but this is definitely one that i go back to especially when i travel, since it's a tooth-paste like tube that's easy to bring around. foams up pretty well and is able to remove my makeup (i don't use waterproof products tho!). don't really see much of the "white lucent" effect though.

on 3/4/2010 11:56:00 PM

This is so lovely; it makes my face brighter after washing it. I take my make-up off using an oil-cleansing method, then I used this. A bit pricey but I love Shiseido skincare!

on 1/13/2010 5:59:00 PM

This product is really good it has the brightening effect in it,but it doesnt last long..the product is kind of expensive for a cleanser but you only need a small amount and the tube last long.This cleanser give nice foams when i use with my clarisonic brush.over all its a good product .

on 12/29/2009 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm AF/AM and have gone from oily acne prone skin to dry skin beginning to get forehead lines.
This product is too drying especially when the toner is added. I can only use it once every two to three days. I've used Shiseido products for more than 3 decades and have been very happy with my outcomes
I wanted to clear my dull discolored post menopausal skin and got nothing..no changes at all.
I've been out of the skin care loop for a while and didn't realize the masks I'd used to clean and clear my skin for years were discontinued; I'm very disappointed.