April 16, 2014 | 1942 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by haramie

This item really truly works. I use this with Clarisonic, but you don't have to and you'd get the same benefits. My face is brightened, brown spots are lightened, and my face didn't look this good due to a brightening facial product ever before. I've tried prescription hyperpigmentation brighteners and they didn't work as well as this. I began seeing results when my bottle was about 1/4 gone, so take your time. Use small amounts. One downside is, of course, the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2010 3:44:00 AM More reviews by cyjilu

It does leave your skin feeling refreshed and a little tight. Sure, there is a "OOH my skin got whiter" excitement and this may fool you. But its only temporary and skin color returns after a few minutes. Nothing special. Definitely does not remove makeup well. You can swipe your face with toner to check. Bleh.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by vmoore

I love this, it whitens my skin as I wash. The results stay as long as I use it. My skin is fair/freckled and it turns white every time I continue using this product. Complementing with a whitening cream is even better.
My only complaints is the price, $34 is a lot for a face wash, and the tube - I have to cut it to take the last drop of it out :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by cococupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i used to love this product until i discovered other facial cleansers, but this is definitely one that i go back to especially when i travel, since it's a tooth-paste like tube that's easy to bring around. foams up pretty well and is able to remove my makeup (i don't use waterproof products tho!). don't really see much of the "white lucent" effect though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by mandeemandee

This is so lovely; it makes my face brighter after washing it. I take my make-up off using an oil-cleansing method, then I used this. A bit pricey but I love Shiseido skincare!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by craji04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is really good it has the brightening effect in it,but it doesnt last long..the product is kind of expensive for a cleanser but you only need a small amount and the tube last long.This cleanser give nice foams when i use with my clarisonic brush.over all its a good product .

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by sassym

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm AF/AM and have gone from oily acne prone skin to dry skin beginning to get forehead lines.
This product is too drying especially when the toner is added. I can only use it once every two to three days. I've used Shiseido products for more than 3 decades and have been very happy with my outcomes
I wanted to clear my dull discolored post menopausal skin and got nothing..no changes at all.
I've been out of the skin care loop for a while and didn't realize the masks I'd used to clean and clear my skin for years were discontinued; I'm very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by annxiong

Love it. It makes the face brighter after washing it. you still need to use an eye makeup remover. I use it with my clarisonic twice a day. doesn't dry out the face but i wouldn't recommend it for very dry skin, works better with combination and oily. I personally think Shiseido makes some on the best face cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by xchristineee

I bought this a few days ago, and I should probably wait a few weeks until I write a review. I love how thick this cleanser is, just a little small dot is just enough for my entire face and neck. The after-feeling feels like my Laneige star white cleanser though... I wouldn't call it "dry", but its not smooth. It hasn't broken me out yet, so I'm definately giving this product a few more weeks to determine if its to my liking or not. Overall, it's a pretty good cleanser. Wasn't expecting that squeeky clean feeling.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2009 6:09:00 AM More reviews by mlsnts

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This is an ok cleanser.

Pros: smells nice, economical (you only have to use very little to foam up), cleans quite well.
Cons: pricey, laden with chemicals, didn't do anything revolutionary for my skin.

Wouldn't really buy it as I prefer gels over cleansing foams. I got this as a sample.