Dior Poison

3.4

on 11/10/2009 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I had this in Esprit de Parfum (I'm not sure what this is, i'm going to call parfum), I'm not a fan of the EDT which to my nose is over powering, and the delicate complexities are missing.

A dab of this is gorgeous. Even a diehard Poison hating friend of mine complimented me when I was wearing this.

Notes have already been described better than I could, but basically if you like the notes of Poison but don't want to wear it with a sledgehammer I'd recommend the parfum. if you want the sledgehammer effect, spray on some EDT.

on 10/18/2009 6:28:00 PM

Ick. I know fragrance is a personal opinion... so no offense to anyone who likes this, but I can't believe they're still making this.

on 9/12/2009 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I have never personally worn this fragrance. I love it however because even the slightest whiff of it will take me back to pleasant years of my childhood when this was the only perfume my mother wore. It is probably the most legendary violet scent ever made. It has a beautiful depth and intensity to it. I remember sometimes just sneaking into my parents' room and heading straight for the dresser so I could pull the cap off of this and inhale the beauty of it. At the time, I thought I would wear it when I grew up, but my fragrance taste have since veered toward the vanilla variety. Judging Poison as an adult, I can certainly say this is not a perfume for the faint of heart. This fragrance is bold and commands attention. It suited my mother perfectly. She's very much a french woman that drew attention to herself with beautiful clothes and always looking immaculately put together. She's a shy woman but a very strong person that dresses with utter confidence. This totally suited the way she looked and her aesthetic. Apparently there is more than one variation on the original, but I've never bothered to smell them. I doubt they hold a candle to this. This will always be a perfume I look at fondly.

on 8/21/2009 3:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm also a believer of body chemistry when it comes to perfume. I've smelled this on others and it smelled horrid, but spritzed some on myself and really liked it. A little goes a looooong way. It's potent stuff.

on 7/9/2009 11:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I believe perfume is such a "chemistry thing". Meaning, what works for one woman may or may not work for another. I have been wearing this perfume for over 20 years. To this day, I get compliments regularly. My friends/family have purchased and tried to wear it, but it's not the same (they agree ~ it doesn't even smell the same). It works for me! I always have at least two bottles in the house (because it is on the top of my gift list always). I sometimes try to wear something different (to spice things up a little) but always come back to my old faithful.

For me, this is the stuff confidence, beauty, and sexiness are made of! ;-)

on 7/7/2009 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I too have had a sentimental relationship with Poison. My Dad's girlfriend used to wear this perfume ALL the time, and I loved her dearly and it broke my heart when she and my dad split. So I was left with the memory of Poison. When I first smelled it, I absolutely hated it, you definitely have to give it a moment and let the dry down take effect before you can truly appreciate it. This smell is definitely not for the faint of heart, but for someone who is confident and likes to have the scent she is wearing known. Definitely a classic and definitely nostalgic.

on 6/14/2009 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

BF summed it up perfectly: smells like pickles.

on 6/14/2009 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I always have to have this perfume within my grasp. It just brings back soooo many memories. I used to wear this when i was like 14-15ish. I remember how much i loved it.. i used to get so pissed when my friends used to spray it without my permission. I would be like ::sniff sniff:: THEIF!! LOL I rarely use it anymore..only on occasion but i like having a small bottle around for the sheer scentimental value =) It smells like ..basically a stew of grape juice that has been slightly fermented with honey and spices thrown in. I know there are other things mixed in but grapes are definatley at the for front.

on 6/7/2009 3:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

A few years ago when I was shopping for my 30th birthday present I stumbled upon the Dior counter at Macy's. I wanted to test drive Poison for myself as I was young in the 80's and had no concept of perfume aside from my mom wearing her beloved Chanel No 5 and Liz Claiborne. The pushy SA came along and when I told her I was interested in trying Poison, she pursed her lips like she'd just swallowed a lemon, stating "That's really for...older women." Just throw down the gauntlet, why don't you! Well, I didn't try it that day in front of that snob, but I did eventually hunt it down and am so glad I did. Berries drizzled in honeyed wine and spices...exotic, sexy, ageless. I let my nose judge a perfume, not people with pre-conceived notions about age and commissions to earn. I prefer the Espirit de Parfum as it seems a little smoother and richer than the Edt. Everyone should try it at least once in their life (but just a drop will do!)

on 4/22/2009 5:40:00 AM

Got this as a gift, wore it when I was in my 20's, loved it absolutely! BUT now, ergggh, don't like it anymore. I can't stand the scent, gives me headache. Don't get me wrong, I got compliments when I wore it and I used to love it a lot...Let's just say, my preferences have changed over the years.

Popular Fragrances