October 31, 2014 | 1623 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Single Eye Shadow - Root Beer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by lincra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this shadow hoping to find a dupe for MAC's Mothbrown. I must say after reading all the reviews I had high expectations. And for the most part they were met. This shadow has a good amount of pigmentation, is very easy to apply, and lasted all day! And they are definitely a bargain for the price! However, I have to take off a lippie just because the color didn't deliver like I was hoping it to. Not that it's not a pretty shade, because it is, it's just not like MAC's Mothbrown on me. I found Mothbown to have more of a purpley tinge while this was much more charcoal. Still a great shadow though, and I can't wait to try other NYX shades!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

I was a little (okay a lot) hesitant to buy this color. I thought it would apply exactly as it looked in the pot, and I'm not really a silver or frosty person. Also I had just bought the "chocolate" color and it applied exactly as it looked in the pot. Well I was pleasantly surprised!!! I LOVE this color (I went back in and bought a second one). It is not dark at all. I use it as my lid color, paired with "white pearl" as the highlighter. It is definitely more of a brown than a silver. It is light enough to look neutral. It has a slight shimmer to it. I can see why this is such a popular color. I have brown eyes and this really brings them out and doesn't overpower them. I think people who are used to really dark colors will be disappointed though, because this is fairly light (I don't think it would be dark enough for a crease color). This is going to be one of my new HG colors!!!

As with all NYX e/s application was smooth and this it is very blendable and buildable.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 2:34:00 AM More reviews by amelie1031

i love NYX stuff, their lip glosses, eye shadows. ohhh my i love them. Root Beer is such a nice color. it's kinda like my favorite color in my purple Christian Dior eye shadow palette. it goes on very nicely on eyes and stays for a long time. i don't know why i've been paying 15 bucks for MAC shadows that makes my eyes red and irritated!!! NYX shadows are 100 times better. i'll repurchase this shadow for the rest of my life. lol

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by blondie68725

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i have light blonde hair and wear aqua contacts and this eyeshadow makes my eyecolor POP. love it.
i used it over udpp. loooove it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Iammelody

I bought this a few months ago but never tried it because I thought it looked too much like Beanie. But I finally did yesterday and I'm kicking myself for not trying it earlier!
This brownish taupe shade is awsome on its own or with a bit of brown or black in the outer corners. Add alittle black mascara and voila! Its my go-to shade for when I want a simple laid back look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 7:41:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeupandsoshouldyou

This is a great deep brown-silvery-taupe shimmer e/s. It looks very good with my wnw champagne cream shadow under it (acts as a shimmery base). It stays on forever and is my new everyday color that I pair with mac dipdown fluidliner. perfect e/s.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by jilashley

this eyeshadow looks a lot like macs moth brown but for waaaay cheaper! i love the packaging and the smoothness of the shadow, i took off one lippie cuz the staying power isnt as good as mac, even with a good base...but considering the price...nxy is the was to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 2:19:00 AM More reviews by angielynne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I don't think that I can say anything to describe this product that would add to what the others have said. I think this is a staple color for most anyone, regardless of coloring. I like to wear this on my lid and a little in the crease then highlight my brow bone with a nyx ultra pearl powder. Looks pretty and flashy, but subtle at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 3:30:00 PM More reviews by tualmarebelde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All I have to say is this:
If you are looking for a dupe for MAC Satin Taupe then this is it.
If you don't want to spend the $14-16 bucks on a MAC e/s & are looking for an e/s dupe around 4-5 bucks at d/s with great pigmentation and staying power then this will be your new best friend.
Hope you like it as much as I do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2007 2:16:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of the first NYX e/s I've purchased. Root beer is a deep brown-grey frost with a splash of eggplant. Usually pair with NYX Frosted Flakes to highlight under brow and BB Graphite Shimmer gel liner. Same great quality as with all NYX e/s. Stays on all day and night w/o creasing. (NW45 DDD)