August 2, 2014 | 1145 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Ultra Pearl Mania

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by LotusBlossom34

LOVE this product! I was hesitant to try a loose eyeshadow cause I was afraid it would just fall all over my lashes and cheeks but it actually stays! I apply it over the Lancome Ombre Perfect eyeshadow base w/ a lancome eyeshadow brush and the colours are truly pigmented and so pretty and pearly. I didn't even have loose powder all over my face and it has good staying power...thought the base probably helped a lot. The colours are well pigmented and have a great sheen. If you like Bobbi Brown shimmer brick eyeshadows, these deserve a try cause they are more pigmented than the bobbi brown but just as pearly and at a small fraction of the price. Nyx really is a great cosmetics line w/ an even greater price but with equal quality of higher end lines!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have to agree w/ everything the last reviewer said. The color is gorgeous and the color payoff is fabulous. It goes on like silk and stays put.

I also agree w/ the packaging..don't like that at all. I seem to waste alot of it by dumping it on my hand to even be able to use the product. I will be purchasing some little jars to empty this into..and then all will be well.

It's a gorgeous champagney shade with just a small amount of shimmer. Nothing over the top.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by sweetzrv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this product is absolutely fabulous, i think most NYX products are great. I love the pigmentation of this product and its so easy to use and blend. The price is absolutely great also. For such a cheap product you get an expensive result. One draw back with them though is the packaging. I would empty out the pigment in a jar for better use and to get a better brush pick up. but these pigments are absolutely GREAT. If you haven't tried them, its worth going out and locating them. you can get them from www.nyxcosmetics.com or i think www.cherryculture.com are the two popular online sites for purchasing. I know they are sometimes available at Ulta and you can also find them in some DollarTree stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by jenjentizzle

This stuff is so cheap and so good! You can find it for maybe a buck or a buck fifty at your local asian clothing store or an ulta. Very pigmented and very easy to blend. I have a couple colors and I even pressed them into eyeshadow form. The only thing i don't like is the packaging. It's impossible to stick a brush in the narrow opening so I recommend that you pour the pigments out into a bigger jar. Other than that, this product is so worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Kristy143

love nyx, i use the pinks as cheek shimmer, swoop it over my cheek bone and it gives an extra pop to your look. theyre very versatile. will continue to buy in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 3:28:00 AM More reviews by AquaticPixie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The colors I purchased were white pearl and turquoise pearl and the colors are very pigmented and blend so smoothly. I love the shimmer that they have and the colors are beautiful on eyelids and in the bottle. My only problem is with the packaging. It comes in a sort of little plastic bottle with a screw off lid but the neck of the bottle is so small that you can't dip a makeup brush in the bottle like you would with a MAC pigment. What I do when I use my Pearl Mania shadows is take an old cap from a mineral eye shadow and tap out a little of the loose pigment from the Pearl Mania bottle so I have adequate space for my brush. But other than the small bottle, I'm very satisfied with this NYX product :]

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by LemondSqueezed

Love love LOVE these pigments! They're great; extremely finely milled, amazing color payoff and blends together like buttahhhhh!! Only thing that I really have to complain about is just what everyone else has mentioned; the packaging. I own all of their pigments, and I had to go about putting them in jars with sifters, which makes them much more usable. Kind of a hassle, but worth in my opnion. Plus, you get a pretty freakin' decent amount for your money (I paid just over a dollar for each one), so that's awesome as well. Color selection is a bit limited, but hey, if you want some pigments to play around with in some fun colors, try these out! My faves are Oro, Walnut, White and Ocean. Wish they had an emerald green!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by marah1115

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love these-- Beautiful colors--lasting --go on nicely--very inexpensive--
What is not to love???Maybe the bottles they come in I put them in 5 gram jars--much better access to the product.
I got 24 of them on ebay and loved almost all the browns oranges golds they were great I even thought the blues and all the other colors were gorgeous I just cannot wear those shades--too showy or bright for my coloring--
But these overall are a great little product :-D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you're not looking for a lot of multi-dimensionality, this is a perfect alternative to MAC pigments. I will never pay MAC prices when I could get an NYX product that is essentially the same. That being said, if you want the multi-dimensionality and multiple colours that one MAC pigment sometimes has (ie: Melon has gold and orange aspects), you will have to get MAC.

But I digress. This review really should be just about NYX ultra pearl manias. And I have to say, they're fantastic. They last, they're super blendable, and they come in great colours. I wish there were more though still - it's just such a great product!

I wish the packaging was a bit different though. The lip at the top of the jar is a bit of a pain.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by lisap03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These are great and definitely a bargain! I bought mine when they were .99 cents at cherryculture.com but they've gone up to like 2 dollars. I would still pay that for them, it's still super cheap considering the amount you get. There is a lot of fall out because they are so powdery and finely milled but if you do the loose powder under the eye trick it's not a problem at all you can just sweep it away! The packaging is awful! They come in a little bottle with a small opening so there is no way you can get a brush in there. I put mine in little empty jars from everyday minerals sample kits, but any small jar will do just be sure to clean it out with alcohol first! You don't want bacteria getting into the eyeshadow! I will repurchase these if I ever run out! You get a lot of product so they will last a long time.