NYX Ultra Pearl Mania

Price: $

Price: $

Mica (and) Iron Oxides (and) Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

These are AWESOME. They're highly pigmented, go on smoothly, blend well, and last a long time. Of course, the packaging is a big pain in the butt but it's worth it, considering the quality & price. One thing I've noticed about these is that they last FOREVER! I only have one, but I've transferred some into a 5g jar, pressed some into a pan, mixed some into some nail polish, added some to a lip gloss, spilled it alot on numerous occasions, and I still have half of it left. It seems like it will never run out, lol.

on 5/12/2009 3:50:00 PM

I bought a couple of these from CherryCulture and I love the colors, but the packaging is HORRIBLE, I havent transferred them to other jars yet, so I dont use them very often. My favorite is white pearl, its a great highlighter.. the others.. well, im kind of impatient when it comes to blending, so maybe thats what it is, but these suckers are hard to blend. Overall though, I do like them and for the price, I would buy more and I would def. buy white pearl again and again.

on 3/8/2009 12:08:00 AM

really love the color payoff on this. it's lovely. the only problem with this is the package it comes in. the opening isn't big enough to put most brushes in, so i tap some in the lid and end up wasting a lot. i suppose that for the price, it doesn't matter though!

LOVE this product! I was hesitant to try a loose eyeshadow cause I was afraid it would just fall all over my lashes and cheeks but it actually stays! I apply it over the Lancome Ombre Perfect eyeshadow base w/ a lancome eyeshadow brush and the colours are truly pigmented and so pretty and pearly. I didn't even have loose powder all over my face and it has good staying power...thought the base probably helped a lot. The colours are well pigmented and have a great sheen. If you like Bobbi Brown shimmer brick eyeshadows, these deserve a try cause they are more pigmented than the bobbi brown but just as pearly and at a small fraction of the price. Nyx really is a great cosmetics line w/ an even greater price but with equal quality of higher end lines!!!

on 2/24/2009 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have to agree w/ everything the last reviewer said. The color is gorgeous and the color payoff is fabulous. It goes on like silk and stays put.

I also agree w/ the packaging..don't like that at all. I seem to waste alot of it by dumping it on my hand to even be able to use the product. I will be purchasing some little jars to empty this into..and then all will be well.

It's a gorgeous champagney shade with just a small amount of shimmer. Nothing over the top.

on 2/23/2009 9:07:00 PM

this product is absolutely fabulous, i think most NYX products are great. I love the pigmentation of this product and its so easy to use and blend. The price is absolutely great also. For such a cheap product you get an expensive result. One draw back with them though is the packaging. I would empty out the pigment in a jar for better use and to get a better brush pick up. but these pigments are absolutely GREAT. If you haven't tried them, its worth going out and locating them. you can get them from www.nyxcosmetics.com or i think www.cherryculture.com are the two popular online sites for purchasing. I know they are sometimes available at Ulta and you can also find them in some DollarTree stores.

on 2/23/2009 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is so cheap and so good! You can find it for maybe a buck or a buck fifty at your local asian clothing store or an ulta. Very pigmented and very easy to blend. I have a couple colors and I even pressed them into eyeshadow form. The only thing i don't like is the packaging. It's impossible to stick a brush in the narrow opening so I recommend that you pour the pigments out into a bigger jar. Other than that, this product is so worth it!!

on 1/29/2009 1:54:00 PM

love nyx, i use the pinks as cheek shimmer, swoop it over my cheek bone and it gives an extra pop to your look. theyre very versatile. will continue to buy in the future.

on 1/27/2009 3:28:00 AM

The colors I purchased were white pearl and turquoise pearl and the colors are very pigmented and blend so smoothly. I love the shimmer that they have and the colors are beautiful on eyelids and in the bottle. My only problem is with the packaging. It comes in a sort of little plastic bottle with a screw off lid but the neck of the bottle is so small that you can't dip a makeup brush in the bottle like you would with a MAC pigment. What I do when I use my Pearl Mania shadows is take an old cap from a mineral eye shadow and tap out a little of the loose pigment from the Pearl Mania bottle so I have adequate space for my brush. But other than the small bottle, I'm very satisfied with this NYX product :]

Love love LOVE these pigments! They're great; extremely finely milled, amazing color payoff and blends together like buttahhhhh!! Only thing that I really have to complain about is just what everyone else has mentioned; the packaging. I own all of their pigments, and I had to go about putting them in jars with sifters, which makes them much more usable. Kind of a hassle, but worth in my opnion. Plus, you get a pretty freakin' decent amount for your money (I paid just over a dollar for each one), so that's awesome as well. Color selection is a bit limited, but hey, if you want some pigments to play around with in some fun colors, try these out! My faves are Oro, Walnut, White and Ocean. Wish they had an emerald green!

Top Rated NYX Products