April 20, 2014 | 1274 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Ultra Pearl Mania

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by jenjentizzle

This stuff is so cheap and so good! You can find it for maybe a buck or a buck fifty at your local asian clothing store or an ulta. Very pigmented and very easy to blend. I have a couple colors and I even pressed them into eyeshadow form. The only thing i don't like is the packaging. It's impossible to stick a brush in the narrow opening so I recommend that you pour the pigments out into a bigger jar. Other than that, this product is so worth it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Kristy143

love nyx, i use the pinks as cheek shimmer, swoop it over my cheek bone and it gives an extra pop to your look. theyre very versatile. will continue to buy in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 3:28:00 AM More reviews by AquaticPixie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The colors I purchased were white pearl and turquoise pearl and the colors are very pigmented and blend so smoothly. I love the shimmer that they have and the colors are beautiful on eyelids and in the bottle. My only problem is with the packaging. It comes in a sort of little plastic bottle with a screw off lid but the neck of the bottle is so small that you can't dip a makeup brush in the bottle like you would with a MAC pigment. What I do when I use my Pearl Mania shadows is take an old cap from a mineral eye shadow and tap out a little of the loose pigment from the Pearl Mania bottle so I have adequate space for my brush. But other than the small bottle, I'm very satisfied with this NYX product :]

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by LemondSqueezed

Love love LOVE these pigments! They're great; extremely finely milled, amazing color payoff and blends together like buttahhhhh!! Only thing that I really have to complain about is just what everyone else has mentioned; the packaging. I own all of their pigments, and I had to go about putting them in jars with sifters, which makes them much more usable. Kind of a hassle, but worth in my opnion. Plus, you get a pretty freakin' decent amount for your money (I paid just over a dollar for each one), so that's awesome as well. Color selection is a bit limited, but hey, if you want some pigments to play around with in some fun colors, try these out! My faves are Oro, Walnut, White and Ocean. Wish they had an emerald green!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by marah1115

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love these-- Beautiful colors--lasting --go on nicely--very inexpensive--
What is not to love???Maybe the bottles they come in I put them in 5 gram jars--much better access to the product.
I got 24 of them on ebay and loved almost all the browns oranges golds they were great I even thought the blues and all the other colors were gorgeous I just cannot wear those shades--too showy or bright for my coloring--
But these overall are a great little product :-D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you're not looking for a lot of multi-dimensionality, this is a perfect alternative to MAC pigments. I will never pay MAC prices when I could get an NYX product that is essentially the same. That being said, if you want the multi-dimensionality and multiple colours that one MAC pigment sometimes has (ie: Melon has gold and orange aspects), you will have to get MAC.

But I digress. This review really should be just about NYX ultra pearl manias. And I have to say, they're fantastic. They last, they're super blendable, and they come in great colours. I wish there were more though still - it's just such a great product!

I wish the packaging was a bit different though. The lip at the top of the jar is a bit of a pain.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by lisap03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These are great and definitely a bargain! I bought mine when they were .99 cents at cherryculture.com but they've gone up to like 2 dollars. I would still pay that for them, it's still super cheap considering the amount you get. There is a lot of fall out because they are so powdery and finely milled but if you do the loose powder under the eye trick it's not a problem at all you can just sweep it away! The packaging is awful! They come in a little bottle with a small opening so there is no way you can get a brush in there. I put mine in little empty jars from everyday minerals sample kits, but any small jar will do just be sure to clean it out with alcohol first! You don't want bacteria getting into the eyeshadow! I will repurchase these if I ever run out! You get a lot of product so they will last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by GoldenGoddess09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love my NYX pearl mania collection. I bought all 24 colors plus the 6 glitters on ebay. It's really pigmented and the price is great... kind of a cost effective version of mac. There are only two downsides of the product: its VERY powdery so theres alot of fall out and it gets messy, the other downside is the packaging its impossible to get a brush inside the tiny bottles but I remedied that by ditching the original bottles for sifter pots which helps alot and eliminates some of the fall out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 10:05:00 AM More reviews by gunjee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love my ultra pearl manias. I have the turquoise, the nude, the fanta pink, and the lime pearl. They are extremely pigmented and I poured them out into empty Everyday Minerals sample jars so I can use them since their own containers were not going to work for me. I wrote that I wouldn't repurchase because this stuff (and all my other eyeshadows) will last me a while. I decided to use the pigments I didn't put in the 5 gram jars mixed together in interesting combinations in more empty 5 gram jars. I had some mineral foundation samples that were way to dark to use ever and though a couple could be used as eyeshadows possibly (colors were too flat, though), there was one that was really really dark brown that I decided to add some nude ultra pearl mania to make it shimmerier and lighter and more usable. I also mixed my fanta and turquoise to make a purply mauve in a sample jar. And I mixed lime pearl with turquoise to make a light greenish blue. Not a teal, not an aqua, but still pretty. They need to have a true green in this, the only green they have is lime pearl. I also tried mixing the turquoise with the nude to make a lighter more cobalt blue. Next time I would order the silver to see what new things I could make. I'm happy with my experiments and very happy with these pigments. Even applied dry they show up well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 12:43:00 PM More reviews by HilaryLaFrance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love love love these!

If you want the look of Mac but on a budget go for these. They don't offer as vibrant colors but they are still beautiful on.

The one thing I can't stand is the packaging. You can't fit your brush into the bottle they come in, or at least I couldn't. I had to transfer all my pigments to 1/2oz jars to I could use them.

Nice product though.

P.S. If you want to try them don't go to nyxcosmetics.com because they are $2 a peice, which is cheap but you can get them for 1.25 right now at cherryculture.com :)