April 20, 2014 | 1721 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by pitchpatch5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Got the lightest shade & thought it looked okay til I went outside & noticed how orange it looks & is too dark for me. It gets worse, it oxides quite a bit & staying power is awful

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by tubularr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first drugstore foundation because I find it so difficult to find any drugstore foundation that has yellow undertones. I picked this up because I saw someone on YouTube rave about it and my Nars Sheer Glow was too dark for me, so I picked this up in W4 (about a NC30/35, C4 in MAC). The color matches me perfectly and on me, it oxidized just a little bit but not too much. There is shimmer in it, but it isn't noticeable. It is natural looking and the coverage is light medium-ish. I've never had to build it up because it covers my redness and slight acne-scarring just fine!

One thing that I like about it is that it doesn't transfer AS EASILY as other foundations, such as my Nars Sheer Glow. Yes, I still get oily throughout the day- this is a pretty thin foundation- but not nearly as much as my Nars. Overall, I do like this foundation and I keep it around when I don't want to use my higher end products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Lovemissxtotheo

I'm in love with this foundation! It blends beautifully and the satin finish is GORGEOUS! the only thing I don't like about it is that even with powder and a primer my t zone still got oily after about 7 hours but that's when I start to take it off so it didn't really bother me. everywhere else on my face looked as if I just applied it so I loved that. it didn't get stuck on my dry patches nor did it make my pores look noticeable like the MAC foundations tend to do to my skin. so overall I love it and will keep using it until something better comes out,

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lately my skin has been freaking out and it occurred to me that my skin was clear when I used to use True Match about 4-5 years ago. So, I picked some up and they have definitely changed the formula!

Pros:
Good colour match

Cons:
Smells weird (I don't even remember there being a smell…)
There is now shimmer in the product (this isn't a make or break but I prefer none)
Packaging is still unhygienic and causes a lot of product waste
Not blendable at all and I used it over Hour Glass primer, which makes everything go on smooth.
Regular price was $20 at shoppers!! Was on sale for 15- but seriously I used to pay around 6 bucks.
BROKE ME OUT

As soon as i opened it, I knew something was different cause of the smell and glitter. So I was cautious and spot tested it on my breakout prone area (lower cheek) and BAM the next day I had one small but painful lump. Popped it, went away and thought maybe it was caused by something else so I used the foundation a second day on those same areas. Woke up today with a very big painful lump on the other side of my face. FAIL.

Sticking to my trusty Alima Pure mineral makeup until these suckers go away then I'll try something else… sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to add this review because I've been using this for over a year now and absolutely love it. The best part is being able to find a perfect color match, which is possible even if you have to mix colors because it will most likely be more accurate than other brand's shade selections. I love how I can use this with so many different looks. The coverage is buildable and it goes well with a matte and luminizing primer or powders. I've never been disappointed by the lasting power even though I get oily after a couple hours. It gives a lovely semi-matte finish.
It took me weeks to notice this has shimmer in it. I've never noticed it at all on my skin, even in daylight, but it is obvious by looking in the bottle. Don't be dissuaded by that. I wish it had a pump, but I don't mind it too much especially because I love how small the bottle is, no extra bulk.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by maileymc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love/hate this foundation. I love the fact that this foundation provides a decent range of shades. Not all foundations provide shades with nice yellow undertones, thats why I appreciate this one. However, I have oily skin and I would say that this foundation lasts a good 4 hours without touching up. After that, it starts to be very patchy and starts to separate around the mouth. I would also like to mention that it accentuates any dry patches. Therefore, I would recommend this to normal to oily/skin. Otherwise, stay clear. This is a good foundation for everyday use because it's light weight when ONE layer is put and it has SPF. Two layers or more, it will feel heavy AND will look cakey. It is preferable to use this during the summer because it looks very unnatural and dry during winter (or very cold temperature).. I would say that this foundation provides light to medium coverage. It doesn't fully cover dark spots or hyperpigmentation but a good concealer such as mac's prolongwear should do the trick. Also, like others have mentioned, its hard to control how much product comes out because there's no pump. In Montreal, I would recommend buying this at WalMart as it might be a tad bit pricer at local drugstores. I wouldnt recommend using this on a night out because it gives a white cast when taken in a dark/dim area with flash. Despite its many inconveniences, ive been using this foundation on a daily basis for about a year mainly because of its color selection and medium coverage. However I think it's time for me to find another foundation after my bottle is done.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by victoriah8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this foundation for a good many years and it was not good for my sensitive, combination skin. The staying power on my t zone was poor and i have noticed a reduction in redness and breakouts since switching to a liquid mineral foundation (Illuminare).

The range of colours and blendability would be the selling point for this range from L'Oreal, but the performance is disappointing. I also believe they are overpriced.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2014 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Breighp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after all of the great tutorial reviews. I have the colour in w4 and I am usually a nc25-37 in mac shades. This goes on great. After a few hours though it doesn't seem to look great it gets very patchy maybe because I have oily skin. Also after a few days usage it started to cause a slight break out. I think with a setting powder its a must if you have oily combo skin but I'm not going to recommend this for acne prone skin as I broke out very easily with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by wabuaita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with the ONE other reviewer who is wondering why literally nobody is mentioning anything about the SHIMMER in this product. Like what? Everything about it is perfect - nice coverage, blendable, wide range of shades, natural looking finish - at first. But then if you actually inspect your face, it will sparkle! I'm not sure if I can get over that. I haven't had it long enough to see if it will break me out or not, so I'll wear it for a little longer just to see the effects it has on my skin.

My skin is generally normal all around. Not too oily, not too dry, no major breakouts or anything severe to cover up, no large pores. So when I applied this foundation with a stippling brush, it went on smoothly and covered everything nicely just to even out my skin tone and I didn't look caked on or anything. But omg the sparkle. I don't understand if you guys are just not looking in the mirror hard enough or what but my entire face looks glittery if you get too close. I mean we probably have to be nose to nose for you to tell but still. It's weird. I only knocked off one lippy for it though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was trying out new foundations and I read a lot about this one so I decided to give it a shot. I took the L'Oreal test to see what shade I would be, it said C2. It actually took me three times to get the color right, until I finally matched to N1. I do think it's great that they have so many shades though. It's biggest downfall is it doesn't have a pump. It seriously melts into the skin, and it's really easy to blend. I immediately thought I would loved it, and I would have if it didn't draw attention to my dry spots. It's not meant for dry skin, but I think it would be really great for normal-oily skin. I gave it to my sister, and she really likes it. I think it's a pretty good drug store foundation, but I won't repurchase.