L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 4/17/2015 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

As an oily girl, the most important thing to consider is how long the foundation will last. This one lasts about 3 hours before I start to see oil. That's better than most oil - free foundations. Most foundations don't even last 1 hour on my face and I've tried many from different brands. Overall, it lasts about 6 to 8 hours before I can't stand to have it on my face anymore which is pretty awesome.
When I saw the color selection, I was amazed. I can never find the right shade. It's always too dark, pink, or gray. I am very light with yellowish - olive tone. I got W3 thinking warm means yellow but it isn't yellow enough. At least it doesn't make me pink. I wish W shades were more yellow. So still no match.
Blends so easily and evenly. I just use my fingers. No need for sponges or brushes.
The packaging isn't ideal, although it looks cute. It would be great if there was a pump.
There is no scent or irritation. Great!
The coverage is good also, med to full coverage.
The best thing about this foundation is the price. It's about $12 Canadian. Comparing this to some brands that costed me over $50 with poor lasting power, I would definitely choose this foundation and I would buy again!!!

on 4/16/2015 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Okay after using this a while, here goes.

I'm an NC25-NC30 in M•A•C. I'm an NC25 in studio fix fluid, C30(yellow olive shade) in studio fix powder and NC30(a tad lighter than the usual NC30s) in Full Coverage.
I am of Asian, Latina and native descent.
I've been told I have more of the yellow/cool coloring because despite being yellow toned I've also got the green/olive tones(which is close to blue on the colorwheel) unlike the more common yellow/golden/peachy tone.
I usually have a tough time with drugstore foundations cause they're too peachy/orange whenever it's supposed to be "warm"

I picked up the shade W4.5 just because it was a fairly medium shade and had a lot more warmth in it compared to W3, W4 and W5
I tried it on and it was too dark, and turned orange on me. I'd say that W4.5 is more for NC35-40 skin with more yellow tones.

I exchanged it the next day for W4. I was skeptical because it looked very neutral/slightly pink on the bottle. It's confusing because their lighter shades in the warm range look a bit neutral and some of the darker shades in the neutral and cool range look quite warm. Then the neutral shades in general look peachy.
Anyway, I used W4 and it looked too light/a bit too neutral but then within like 5-7 minutes it started to warm up and I noticed it didn't look so neutral and looked more yellow toned and nice.
It's just a smidgen too neutral but i can set it with a yellow powder or my studio fix in C30.

For the foundation, I actually really like it.
My skin is quite oily and I feel this keeps me looking semi matte with powder over.
Without powder it looks naturally dewy/glowy.
This is an "oil-free" foundation and probably one of the only ones that don't end up making me look super oily in half an hour.

The texture is watery and very blendable. I said "Oil-free" because it actually has silicone in it which I usually hate because it usually feels greasy on me but this foundation is water based with added silicone whereas the primers and foundations I've used before were fully silicone based.
This gives light-medium coverage.
Using a sponge or fingers will give you light coverage and a beauty blender or stippling brush will give you medium coverage since you're patting it on.

I've used this foundation before back in 08 when I was quite tan and in the shade W7.
I remember taking pics and didn't get flashback. It actually looked amazing before.
Now, I get flashback. I noticed it says it has titanium dioxide in the front.
I'm not sure if it always has but I never had flashback with it before.
So I would have to say that's the only con of this foundation.
Doesn't photograph the best with direct flash photography.
Which is a huge downer cause I love wearing this now. It makes my face look very smooth and perfect yet not heavy looking or feeling.
This has become my all time favorite drugstore foundation all over again.
I don't know why I ditched it in 09.
Maybe because I moved on the more mid-high end foundations?
Probably, but this will always be my fave drugstore one, I've been trying out more high end and low end stuff and this is probably the only one that's yellow toned, not peachy or orange and actually light enough. (Most drugstore ones, ahem; Revlon, Covergirl, Maybelline. Have warm toned stuff but it's too dark making me orange or peach)
From the formula, the color range, and of course the price.
Gotta love it.

on 4/14/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been wanting to review this foundation for the longest time but have never gotten around to it. After two years, I finally have come to my final thoughts:
Pros:
1)Long lasting: I always used to put this foundation on at about 6 am and I didn't talk it off until 8 pm; at the end of the day other products would show no sign on my face but this foundation still provided amazing coverage after 14 hours. Of course it wouldn't look as good as it originally did, but it was still presentable.
2)Colour range: I probably don't need to run anyone by with the colours provided, but I will anyways. The colours are arranged by W-warm, N-neutral and C-cool. Warm is for yellow gals (like myself); cool is for redder folks; and neutral is of you've got a bit of both. Honestly, if your confused about your undertone I would got with the warm varieties. Althought my shade W4 didn't quite match me (it was not yellow enough), it was still better than anything else available at the drugstore.
3)Application: I needed only a dime-sized amount to cover my whole face. With a beauty blender it gave me a flawless, full-coverage finish and with a brush (elf powder brush) it gave me a medium-coverage veil to work upon. It takes a bit of work to blend in, but that doesn't bother me.
4)Price: at about $13-15 CAD this isn't bad. It might be a little too expensive for some, but it lasts a looooong time.
5)Coverage: This can give you a medium-full coverage depending on which tool you use. You can also achieve something more sheer by blending it into your moisture. I have a lot of acne scars on my cheeks that can be difficult to cover; this covered up redness and any discolouration with ease. Most definately look into this if you are looking to cover any hyper pigmentation left behind by acne, scars, birthmarks, etc.

Cons:
1)Smell: It has a very makeup-y scent to it which I know can be irritating to some. It almost smells chalky.
2)Final look: Although the final look wasn't horrible, I DID notice that I accentuated the dry spots near the sides of my mouth. It was difficult to work with this product during winter as I felt like my skin had to be in top shape.
3)Glitter: I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but my foundation contains glitter/shimmer in it. This doesn't work well for me because of my uneven skintone on my cheeks (left behind by acne and dehydration); it really just accentuates it after a few hours.
4)Oxidization: It oxidized on me evvvver so slighty. No a huge deal for me, but I could imagine it would be an issue for fair-skin ladies.
5)PACKAGING: oh my lord. Probably the biggest complaint is the glass, twist-off packaging. Just add a pump. Please. BUT, I could see this type of packaging being beneficial for those who put makeup on others/do some body paint.

Overall: Would I repurchase? Probably. Even after all these cons, this foundation is still on the list of my top 3 drugstore foundations. It provides good coverage, stands through many different temperatures (even on hot days it did not melt off my face). If you are someone looking for a good coverage foundation at a drugstore price, this is for you.

*Note: I have oily skin (in my t-zone) and even though my skin got oily about 4-5 hours in, I found that the foundation still provided coverage/ the foundation did not come off with my blotting sheet.

on 4/14/2015 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this foundation because I read so many great reviews and saw a lot of YouTube videos saying it was a great foundation. And it probably is, but I it isn't the best option for my skin... I have dry skin and this foundation tends to attach to dry patches. If I only apply a thin layer it's okay, but if i try to build it up it just doesn't work, and its such a shame because i bought this foundation because I wanted a fuller coverage one, but I can't build it up. The texture is liquidy and on the skin it feels silky, almost powdery. The great thing about this foundation is obviously the color range, and i finally found a match for my pale skin with the shade n1.

on 4/13/2015 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Silky formula, has a perfect golden yellow undertone for my skin, doesn't oxidize, is easy to remove, lasts all day, can be worn up to full coverage easily, no scent, has SPF, and gives a soft satin finish.

Something about the formula I didn't like...can't figure it out. I wasn't crazy about the packaging either. May have to keep trying it, maybe a different color

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is the only foundation I have found that actually matches my skin. Let me start off by giving a little history on me and foundations. "I do not like wearing foundation" . I could almost say I HATE it. I always feel fake when wearing it and lots of people I see who wear it look fake and cakey. And when you see them with out it they look totally different and their eyes are all sunkin in as if they haven't slept. I did NOT want to look like that and my goal is to look like ME!,to look natural! Not someone see me with make up on and think I look one way then wake up and see me the next and think"eeeeww! What happened to you?" that being said I have had horrible experience with foundation. I have brown skin, but it's more than just brown. my undertones are very hard to discern. Its somewhere between a golden yellow and a pinkish-redish. Its so random. I went to have a photoshoot done and the makeup artist smacked a whole bunch of foundation on my face to the point it was rubbing off on my clothes.(eewww...) and afterwards a women came to make sure I looked right and she literally looked at me and stared with this weird look on her face and said" Mmm.....can you wipe it all off and do it all over again??" but she never did. I felt my face looked waaaay too red anyway. Long story short it showed in my photos. I looked like a tomato...i wanted to cry. All the people in the industry liked it though. Even my grandmother saw it and said. "why do you look like that?, you don't look like that, you look so red and dark and ruddy?" . A year later I started back in trying some foundations at the drug store. All failed. until I tried L'Oreal true match. I picked the one I saw that was closes to my complexion. Which was N7 "classic Tan" the n8 one was waaay to dark and looked like mud on my skin. So I rubbed it into my skin and lo' and behold it disappeared! Blended. Perfectly. I was so happy that I had to comeback to see if I could find another that may fit. This time I tried W7 "Caramel beige" with excitement it blended in perfectly yet again! And to make sure I put it along the darker parts of my body that have been tanned and it still blended in as if I wasn't wearing any at all. Now im thinking of going back to see if I can find another , maybe try c6. This perfect for blending and even more so have more than one shade match my complexion. I later found out I am neutral warm in undertones. Which is why I had so much trouble. Everyone (including me) keeps thinking my skin is just warm and thinks that a foundation with only red undertones or only yellow is good. But L'Oreal help me to realize I was a little of a more in between( my veins change color, they start off looking blue-green, to just blue, to sometimes even purple) And that I need it something that had both Golden yellow and redish -pinkish. And one of the main reason why I have a slight reddish pinkish hue is because of easily dilated blood vessels, more than just pigmentation of the skin. It easily can turn red by simply being in the sun, or if something rubs against me with a little pressure I'll get a bright redish-pinkish spot that looks similar to a bruise that even has people asking questions :-/. No one knowing it simply from me having a seatbelt on. My skin is sensitive to touch. So all in all if you have skin like mine that is confusing in undertone I would really recommend this product for you :)

on 4/12/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This product is light to medium coverage. If I want full coverage I would have 2 use more product. It barely transfers it gives a smooth finish and the color match is good.

on 4/12/2015 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a light skinned girl (NW15) and I have surprisingly been on a mad search to find a great foundation for my skin. I have somewhat dry skin and cooler undertones. I have been searching for a medium coverage foundation, with a vast colour selection and great pricing. I have bought $50 foundations and have been disappointed. Also, I have found that many high end foundations run orange and are not worth the high price as I have really good skin and I do not require heavy duty coverage.

I love this foundation as C1 matches my skin perfectly! It also has between a matte and dewy finish. I moisturize before application and apply some highlighter in order to achieve a luminous glow. This is only $13 Canadian, while being available at all of my local drugstores and applies very easily to my skin. My only gripe is the lack of pump! I have to go back a few times in order to not make a mess with this foundation. I love it so far, I just bought it but I will have to test out it's wearing abilities and will check in soon!

on 4/11/2015 5:33:00 PM

I could find almost a matching shade for me. Usually as a fair skinned Asian, it is very hard for me to find right shade. Most sales ppl recommend me darker or orangey colour. Fair shades are usually too pinkish and yellow toned foundations make me look real sallow. I still can't decide if my veins look green or blue. I like to call my skin tone neutral but I really don't know.
I got w2 and n2 and n2 was a closer match for my skin. I wonder how c2 will look on me. It is a runny formula and easy to blend but once it sets, it made my face feel quite uncomfortable. As if I m wearing a thick uncomfortable mask, which is weird bc I applied a very little and blended well. I just could feel a whole day I was wearing makeup...not a good feeling. I like to forget about it once I am done applying makeup. In addition, this caused acne on me. I wasn't sure at first so I stop, used other makeup, and come back to this, every time I start using this, I always get acne. This product breaks me out. It was a regrettable purchase. The only thing good about this makeup is that it does not require powder. It kinda mattifies itself after blending and does not need setting with powder. It is very easy to blend too due to its consistency.

Video Reviews & Tutorials