July 29, 2014 | 1989 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - TruBlend

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by NeatoBandito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on a whim at CVS and I was really hopeful that I could use this as an alternate to my favorite, but expensive, foundation. What I like about it: I'm really pale, so I often have trouble finding a color match, but Ivory (the lightest shade) was an okay-enough match. I also like the consistency of the foundation, because it's not super liquidy (I only use a little anyway). What I dislike: This foundation really emphasized any dry spot on my face, even though I use moisturize beforehand. I could get over that part, but what I *really* don't like about this foundation is the way it emphasizes any peach fuzz I have on my face. It really makes it stand out. Needless to say, I'm not really reaching for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by totalmakeupjunkie98

Honestly I didn't like this at first. I thought it was kinda crappy and didnt cover well. Plus the color was WAY too dark and made me look orange. But then I took it our during the summer and it is AMAZING!! Since I tan really easily, the color matched me perfectly!! The coverage is light to medium. The best thing though is how NATURAL it looks. Most people say they're jealous of me because I don't even need to wear makeup! I set it with a light dusting of translucent powder and I'm good to go!! It's so lightweight too so I don't even feel like I'm wearing makeup! It feels more like a tinted moisturizer. Overall this foundation is AMAZING for the summertime when you don't want to cake on lots o makeup and need something natural and lightweight(: <3 Buy It!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by bluebelleyes

I used this foundation for over a year. It's very creamy, and goes on smoothly. I've applied using brushes, sponges, and my hands, and all techniques have worked well with this foundation. It gives medium coverage, and the lasting power is alright. However, I have combination skin and I've found that I need a lot of powder with this foundation to avoid feeling oily during the day. I have switched to other foundations in the past few months, and have seen a significant improvement in my skin blemishes, and have needed to use less powder to set my make-up. For oily skin, or blemish prone skin I would suggest a lighter foundation that's oil-free.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by stephxrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this foundation! I currently use it everyday, and apply it by using a makeup sponge. It has a nice buildable coverage that goes on smoothly. One thing I did notice though, was that it wouldn't fully cover up some of the redness and also would make my dry skin a bit flaky. So I wouldn't recommend this product to those who have dry skin! I have a hard time finding foundations in my shade since I am extremely pale, but this looks very natural and feels like I'm not even wearing it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by DancingSugarPlum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I find that this is super easy to apply and blend. I use my fingers though, not sure if that makes a difference as I rarely ever use brushes.

My main complaint is how easily this comes off. Even the lightest touch will result in, for me, a noticeable amount of foundation coming off. Also, the coverage it provides is only so-so.

Still, it's not too bad considering the low price and I loved the packaging.

Oh, I did want to add that I appreciate how this foundation's Ivory is a real Ivory. In my experiences, I've found that the Ivory in other products is closer to an odd looking form of Classic Ivory that makes me look... less than flattering.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Zumbii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
-> The coverage is very natural when you are USING A DAMP SPONGE
-> The coverage is light/medium, and blends into the skin well.
-> There are many tones available, and it's fairly easy to pick the right shade to match my skintone.
-> It covers up redness well, and gives me a more even skintone.
-> The coverage lasts a fairly decent time (If you don't touch it), does not make my skin overly oily, and does not require touchups throughout the day (Except for many around the nose where I am the oiliest, but that is will ALL foundations)
-> Works well with other concealers and powders (ONLY if you apply them over top the foundation, not underneath)
-> PUMP (enough said)
-> Packaging is attractive, easy to store in purses/makeup bags because of it's flattened shape.
-> The cap locks in nicely and securely, so you don't have to worry about it popping off while in a bag and making a mess.

CONS:
-> Application is difficult with a stippling brush (Maybe because of the bendable minerals), and looks cakey when applied. (But can be fixed with a little bit of setting powder to make it look natural again)
-> Does not cover scars/acne that well (Need concealer over top)
-> It rubs off incredibly easy. (I mean INCREDIBLY easily)
-> Some cream concealers make this foundation look slightly cakey.
-> Product seems to break me out into very minor white-heads (tiny) and small amounts of cystic acne. (But acne nonetheless)

Because this product breaks me out, I'm not entirely sure if I will continue using it. I do love the coverage, and how it makes my face look and feel, but I need a foundation that will stay on my face and won't rub off on clothing or other people. Not sure if I will continue to use it, or repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to get this one, on regards that a blogger suggested that I get classic ivory, since it was yellowed tone. It was pink that looked horrible on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ladies, if you're super-fair & have a heck of a time finding a foundation light enough that also isn't so pink it makes you look like you have Rosacea (e.g., Colorstay in Ivory), please give this one a try. I've never used Cover Girl foundations before in my life and was stunned when I happened across the lightest shade of TruBlend a few days ago: I'm with the previous reviewer who said this is the lightest drugstore foundation shade she's come across. Score! I put a glob of this on my arm to test it out, and it disappeared. That's when I knew I had to get it. I'd say this matches me even better than L'Oréal True Match in W1 - but the finish of that one is a bit shiny for me. For reference, I wear La Roche-Posay Anthélios SPF 30 spray (8 squirts to face alone) under this makeup, and the coverage is sheer and natural. I will most certainly repurchase. Wow, Cover Girl ... who knew?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

This is a decent foundation if you don't need a long of coverage. I mainly brought it because it's shade "1" is the lightest foundation I've seen at the drugstore... and it's MY shade in the winter time.
I mix it up with a bit of moisturizer and sunscreen in the winter and fall to make a tinted moisturizer. It doesn't give a lot of good coverage, but it's enough to cover the slight redness and acne I have.
I would not repurchase mainly due to the fact that it's gone after 6 or 7 hours, or begins to cake around my acne spots. It's a decent foundation, though, and when my acne doesn't clear up I may revert back to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by xxAnjelicaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this on/off in highschool and sometimes still....it's a good foundation, not great or fantastic though. It gives good, even lightweight coverage and for a cheap, oil-based foundation it doesn't cause breakouts, slide off in the heat, or make my face oily so it's good for a daytime foundation. So I think it's great for basic, good coverage as a basic, liquid foundation if your skin doesn't really have blemish issues, and has no special needs, since that's what I got out of it.